PDA

View Full Version : Bills to sign Fournette

DraftBoy
10-30-2023, 12:15 PM
Per Bleacher Reports Jordan Schultz

https://x.com/schultz_report/status/1719037287831355717?s=46&t=fWp1g6cNOxXNlGW***87gA

Dr. Lecter
10-30-2023, 12:15 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">BREAKING: Leonard Fournette tells me he’s in Buffalo and is planning to sign with the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Bills?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Bills</a> today, pending a physical. <br><br>&quot;Playoff Lenny&quot; had nearly 1,200 all-purpose yards, including a career-high 523 receiving yards, along with 6 TDs last season. <a href="https://twitter.com/BleacherReport?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@BleacherReport</a> <a href="https://t.co/OWkSmyEGrs">pic.twitter.com/OWkSmyEGrs</a></p>&mdash; Jordan Schultz (@Schultz_Report) <a href="https://twitter.com/Schultz_Report/status/1719037287831355717?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 30, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Forward_Lateral
10-30-2023, 12:16 PM
Not a bad signing, if it's true. He's deadly in the passing game

DraftBoy
10-30-2023, 12:16 PM
Also can block in pass pro.

DraftBoy
10-30-2023, 12:20 PM
Physical passed per agent and NFL Network. Done deal.

DraftBoy
10-30-2023, 12:21 PM
Threads merged

Woodman
10-30-2023, 12:23 PM
Good he makes us stronger.

OpIv37
10-30-2023, 12:24 PM
Ok… why? The running game has been decent. Meanwhile, the OL sucks and there are significant injuries on all 3 levels of the D and no WR outside of Diggs has been consistent.

I get it. It’s mid-season. If there’s a FA not on a roster, there’s probably a good reason for that. There’s still another day or so left before the trade deadline, but the bottom-feeders are trying to fleece the contenders for rent-a-players. It’s a terrible time to try to replace injured players or fill positions of need.

What I don’t get is what Fournate gives us that we don’t already have.

Forward_Lateral
10-30-2023, 12:26 PM
Ok… why? The running game has been decent. Meanwhile, the OL sucks and there are significant injuries on all 3 levels of the D and no WR outside of Diggs has been consistent.

I get it. It’s mid-season. If there’s a FA not on a roster, there’s probably a good reason for that. There’s still another day or so left before the trade deadline, but the bottom-feeders are trying to fleece the contenders for rent-a-players. It’s a terrible time to try to replace injured players or fill positions of need.

They have 2 healthy RBs, and one of them is old?

Do you have to complain about EVERYTHING?

Mad Bomber
10-30-2023, 12:30 PM

A third running back.

Woodman
10-30-2023, 12:33 PM
A third running back.

He's a beast if he's in shape.

:gobills:

DraftBoy
10-30-2023, 12:39 PM
Fournette adds further versatility and veteran playoff experience to the RB room. He also fits the mold for what the Bills want in their RB’s. No complaints about this move from Beane.

Woodman
10-30-2023, 12:42 PM

:gobills:

A true power back nice to have as the weather changes.

OpIv37
10-30-2023, 12:43 PM

When they’re using limited cap space and roster spots in a manner that doesn’t address glaring needs, a complaint is warranted.

Historian
10-30-2023, 12:44 PM
I'm with OP on this one.

Cook has performed well.

We need help on defense, not in the running game.

notacon
10-30-2023, 12:48 PM

Spot on!!!

This signing is a no brainier.

The Bills had a plan for RB's this season, and the injury to Harris foiled the plan.

Fournette fills that role perfectly.

DetoxTent
10-30-2023, 12:49 PM

Only thing that looks worse is b!tching about the b!tching. Perhaps a look/see into the mirror.

Meanwhile, the facts of the situation are that Zack Moss is #2 in the NFL in rushing yards, behind only Christian McCaffery. The Bills HAD the answer, but in another Beane bad move, gave it away. The Bills were clearly not using Moss correctly. As is the case with a lot of others on the team.

Woodman
10-30-2023, 12:50 PM
We need a RB Cook and Murray are fine but a 3rd option like Fournette can't be discounted.

To get what we want you need a willing trade partner ..... I'm sure Beane is trying to obtain a corner.

Woodman
10-30-2023, 12:51 PM
Only thing that looks worse is b!tching about the b!tching. Perhaps a look/see into the mirror.

Meanwhile, the facts of the situation are that Zack Moss is #2 in the NFL in rushing yards, behind only Christian McCaffery. The Bills HAD the answer, but in another Beane bad move, gave it away. The Bills were clearly not using Moss correctly. As is the case with a lot of others on the team.

Dorsey needs to be gone ..... and McDuff should at least be on the hot seat.

YardRat
10-30-2023, 12:56 PM
I'm good with it.

Still think we need a DT, though, at least. Maybe a corner.

sahlensguy
10-30-2023, 12:59 PM
With Knox out, we need the blocking. Hopefully it is as billed

Woodman
10-30-2023, 01:00 PM
I'm good with it.

Would love DT Leonard Williams from the Giants if possible.

A corner that we want for our 3rd round compensatory and Elam.

Forward_Lateral
10-30-2023, 01:12 PM
I'm good with it.

I agree. I am sure they are trying. I'm not sure what kind of DTS are available, and the corner market is probably even thinner, considering they had to bring back Josh Norman

Skooby
10-30-2023, 01:19 PM
Guys we can use depth everywhere, Lenny coming in mid-season has time to get in tune with the offense and know what’s going on for the playoffs. You know the time where a back like this uses his veteran skills to close out a game. Have we not learned what we are missing yet, a finisher.

Maybe we can get Suh on a play to pay deal, he’s always been good for several games.

Buffalogic
10-30-2023, 01:36 PM
Nice playoff Lenny

justasportsfan
10-30-2023, 01:37 PM
Ok… why?

he hurts people who try to tackle him. Hes another Henry that runs over defenders.
Run him and then Murray and in the 4th Cook can just walk for 1st downs and TDs

see :35 , 1:16 , 2:29, 3:30 , 3:50 , 4:00 , etc etc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZC8qFTqvVs

Bill Cody
10-30-2023, 01:39 PM
Hopefully he disconnected the feed bag

ghz in pittsburgh
10-30-2023, 01:43 PM
That's a no brainer. I don't know we need to get really happy or upset about it. Harris being hurt pretty much seals the deal. Murray has tailed off some - he actually started the last 2 games. If they are playing more no huddle, blocking from RB may become a little more important. People forget the early 90s team when Kelly was able to run no huddle so successfully, a lot of it was due to HOF Thomas at RB who was effective in running, catching, and blocking. Not many RBs today can do all like Thomas.

OpIv37
10-30-2023, 01:47 PM
he hurts people who try to tackle him. Hes another Henry that runs over defenders.
Run him and then Murray and in the 4th Cook can just walk for 1st downs and TDs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZC8qFTqvVs
Ok, so why wasn’t he on a roster already then? Why didn’t we sign him in the off-season?

All 3 of our losses were by less than one TD. If he can do everything you say here, perhaps he could have helped us win a couple of those.

ParanoidAndroid
10-30-2023, 01:47 PM
Maybe they think he can get a yard from shotgun on the goal line. :rolleyes:

But really, he's built for late season bad weather football in Buffalo.

justasportsfan
10-30-2023, 01:53 PM
Ok, so why wasn’t he on a roster already then? Why didn’t we sign him in the off-season?

All 3 of our losses were by less than one TD. If he can do everything you say here, perhaps he could have helped us win a couple of those.

Harris was a culture guy who ran well against our D which made McD notice him. and I'm guessing the liked Murray better. Now Harris is down, Fournette is one of the best available.

notacon
10-30-2023, 01:55 PM

Because they signed Damien Harris for one.

Besides the fact that you have NO IDEA if the Bills DID try to sign in in the off-season and did not get it done for one of many (unknowable to us) reasons. Could be that his salary demands were too high, and have become more realistic now that he's had to sit for 8 games.

Putting forward such specious arguments "so why wasn’t he on a roster already then? Why didn’t we sign him in the off-season?" as simply lame

sukie
10-30-2023, 01:57 PM
Harris was a culture guy who ran well against our D which made McD notice him. and I'm guessing the liked Murray better. Now Harris is down, Fournette is one of the best available.

Probably a good price as well.

OpIv37
10-30-2023, 02:02 PM
Because they signed Damien Harris for one.

Besides the fact that you have NO IDEA if the Bills DID try to sign in in the off-season and did not get it done for one of many (unknowable to us) reasons. Could be that his salary demands were too high, and have become more realistic now that he's had to sit for 8 games.

Putting forward such specious arguments "so why wasn’t he on a roster already then? Why didn’t we sign him in the off-season?" as simply lame
Let me ask you a question: if the Jets or Fish signed a guy off the street mid season, would you question why they weren’t on a roster already? I’m guessing you would.

Woodman
10-30-2023, 02:02 PM
Hopefully he disconnected the feed bag

how come? :snicker:

who doesn't want a 320 RB with speed? :idunno:

Woodman
10-30-2023, 02:04 PM
Let me ask you a question: if the Jets or Fish signed a guy off the street mid season, would you question why they weren’t on a roster already? I’m guessing you would.
Are you kidding right now ..... I get most of your posts are not serious and designed to get a rise but c'mon ....

Chet
10-30-2023, 02:04 PM
Don’t mind the signing. Just need new coaches now and we’re on our way

Woodman
10-30-2023, 02:06 PM
Probably a good price as well.

Woodman
10-30-2023, 02:41 PM
Seahawks acquire Leonard Williams ...... for 2024 second-round, 2025 fifth-round picks.

Damn I wanted him.

Mace
10-30-2023, 03:14 PM
Ok� why? The running game has been decent. Meanwhile, the OL sucks and there are significant injuries on all 3 levels of the D and no WR outside of Diggs has been consistent.

I get it. It�s mid-season. If there�s a FA not on a roster, there�s probably a good reason for that. There�s still another day or so left before the trade deadline, but the bottom-feeders are trying to fleece the contenders for rent-a-players. It�s a terrible time to try to replace injured players or fill positions of need.

What I don�t get is what Fournate gives us that we don�t already have.

Well.....if you mean to add an rb, Fournette is dandy in adding an rb, and like you noted, we don't know they're done adding yet.

I'm not sure what difference it makes yet, besides adding a theoretical quality back when they needed a back.

I'm also not sure we even make the playoffs atm.

We'll see. Don't upset yourself ahead of time. Plenty of time to be upset down the road, imo.

OpIv37
10-30-2023, 03:38 PM
Well.....if you mean to add an rb, Fournette is dandy in adding an rb, and like you noted, we don't know they're done adding yet.

I'm not sure what difference it makes yet, besides adding a theoretical quality back when they needed a back.

I'm also not sure we even make the playoffs atm.

We'll see. Don't upset yourself ahead of time. Plenty of time to be upset down the road, imo.
I thought we were a 9-8 bubble WC team from the beginning. With all the injuries it’s hard to see that happening.

They played poorly against the Jets, had 3 consecutive good games then 4 consecutive bad ones. 5 bad games out of 8. And we still have to play Cincy, KC, Dallas, Philly and Miami again.

BuffaloBlitz83
10-30-2023, 03:41 PM
I thought we were a 9-8 bubble WC team from the beginning. With all the injuries it’s hard to see that happening.

They played poorly against the Jets, had 3 consecutive good games then 4 consecutive bad ones. 5 bad games out of 8. And we still have to play Cincy, KC, Dallas, Philly and Miami again.

SF was a super bowl squad 3 weeks ago. There was talk they would be undefeated. Now they are being questioned to win west.

Things change fast... I'm sure your thoughts on miami would change if they lose by 20 next week.. that would be a 3rd beat down vs a over .500 team.

Luisito23
10-30-2023, 04:10 PM
Don't really care either way, but if this is all Beane does (which probably will be)...

I'll be disappointed, but not surprised.

Mace
10-30-2023, 04:39 PM

Yeah, to me they're looking 8-9 ish atm. Will be happy to be wrong, but I see a lot of angst ahead, and I'm not real surprised. Feels like they're melting in the sun.

I hope they pull it together, but the realist in me sees an unhappy trend.

Novacane
10-30-2023, 04:44 PM
SF was a super bowl squad 3 weeks ago. There was talk they would be undefeated. Now they are being questioned to win west.

Things change fast... I'm sure your thoughts on miami would change if they lose by 20 next week.. that would be a 3rd beat down vs a over .500 team.

No he wouldn't. Every other team can solve problems. Every other team can get better. The Bills can't.

- - - Updated - - -

No he wouldn't. Every other team can solve problems. Every other team can get better. The Bills can't.

- - - Updated - - -

Ed
10-30-2023, 04:58 PM
I've always found Fournette to be overrated, but I don't expect him to have much of a role unless there are more injuries.

Mad Max
10-30-2023, 06:00 PM
I've always found Fournette to be overrated, but I don't expect him to have much of a role unless there are more injuries.

Good signing. Fills Damien Harris shoes and at worst provides insurance if Cook or Murray get dinged up. What’s to complain about?

I would like to see Cook get more carries (16-17?) and the rest split up between Murray and Fournette. We could become very balanced and dangerous.

sukie
10-30-2023, 06:29 PM
6 foot about 230-235 and good hands? No issue.

Novacane
10-30-2023, 06:33 PM
Some of you whine just for the sake of whining. It really is pathetic. Do you ***** all the time in your regular lives too? I feel sorry for your significant other. It doesn't hurt to have him here. No one is claiming this is the move makes the Bills SB favorites. He may contribute nothing. Who the hell cares!!!!! At least they have insurance if anyone else goes down. You all would be the first ones *****ing the team was not prepared if a RB goes down. My gawd just STFU!

killabuf
10-30-2023, 06:53 PM
We needed this. 28 yrs old kid is a tough SOB. Great pedigree experienced can be an rb1 if given the chance. He’ll get it into the end zone for us.

cas22
10-30-2023, 08:28 PM

he is 6'0 228 Murry is 6'3 233 but like the signing.... now sign Suh:gobills:

OpIv37
10-30-2023, 09:23 PM

But they won’t cuz we aren’t that lucky.

Things change fast in both directions. We had 3 dominant games followed by 4 bad ones. It can get worse just as easily as it can get better.

OpIv37
10-30-2023, 09:25 PM
Some of you whine just for the sake of whining. It really is pathetic. Do you ***** all the time in your regular lives too? I feel sorry for your significant other. It doesn't hurt to have him here. No one is claiming this is the move makes the Bills SB favorites. He may contribute nothing. Who the hell cares!!!!! At least they have insurance if anyone else goes down. You all would be the first ones *****ing the team was not prepared if a RB goes down. My gawd just STFU!

****ing A. I am so ****ing sick of people on this board assuming that one’s attitude toward a football team that keeps ****ing up is the same as their attitude toward life in general.

jamze132
10-30-2023, 09:54 PM
Love the signing. He’ll be very useful as a blocking back and on short yardage situations. I’ve always wanted this guy pounding the rock for the Bills. Granted he’s past his prime, he’ll offer a lot to the offense.

Mr. Pink
10-30-2023, 10:45 PM
Typical garbage move by our front office.

We need WR, LB and CB...we barely run the ball offensively, so we go out and sign an aging hasbeen RB.

If he takes carries away from our other aging hasbeen RB named Murray, fine. But if he ends up taking carries from Cook, this signing is even worse than just the point of we didn't need to go out and get another RB.

Then again, we went out and get Hines last year and never used him, so that might end up happening with Fournette as well.

BuffaloBlitz83
10-30-2023, 10:49 PM
Typical garbage move by our front office.

We need WR, LB and CB...we barely run the ball offensively, so we go out and sign an aging hasbeen RB.

If he takes carries away from our other aging hasbeen RB named Murray, fine. But if he ends up taking carries from Cook, this signing is even worse than just the point of we didn't need to go out and get another RB.

Then again, we went out and get Hines last year and never used him, so that might end up happening with Fournette as well.

This was clearly for short yards plays and screens. So Murray's touches. And cook struggles on blocks. Cook will still be the lead back. Why would you be upset? Getting a guy off street doesn't stop you from addressing a trade

Woodman
10-30-2023, 10:54 PM
We needed this. 28 yrs old kid is a tough SOB. Great pedigree experienced can be an rb1 if given the chance. He’ll get it into the end zone for us.

Love it .... just be ready to play!

Woodman
10-30-2023, 10:56 PM
Love the signing. He’ll be very useful as a blocking back and on short yardage situations. I’ve always wanted this guy pounding the rock for the Bills. Granted he’s past his prime, he’ll offer a lot to the offense.

Worth the shot .... and he can block nobody should discount that.

Woodman
10-30-2023, 10:58 PM

Hard to believe he's just 28 .....

Woodman
10-30-2023, 11:00 PM
6 foot about 230-235 and good hands? No issue.
Sounds like he can help to me.

Said to be a very good blocker.

Now lets get Tom Brady to coach our QB :D

OpIv37
10-30-2023, 11:01 PM
Worth the shot .... and he can block nobody should discount that.

Is it though? If we could run two seasons in parallel universes where everything is identical, except one universe signs Fournette after week 8 and the other doesn’t, do you think we’d have two different outcomes? I certainly don’t.

Mr. Pink
10-30-2023, 11:01 PM
This was clearly for short yards plays and screens. So Murray's touches. And cook struggles on blocks. Cook will still be the lead back. Why would you be upset? Getting a guy off street doesn't stop you from addressing a trade

I'm just going to leave this here...

"Fournette has been a strong pass-catcher during his career (three seasons with 69 or more receptions) but despite his size he has not been a particularly good pass protector (he allowed 38 pressures on 299 career pass-blocking snaps, per Pro Football Focus) or short-yardage runner"

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/bills-signing-rb-leonard-fournette-to-practice-squad-as-team-adds-to-backfield/#:~:text=Fournette%20has%20been%20a%20strong,)%20or%20short%2Dyardage%20runner.

And the screen pass isn't part of our offense, so yeah... this signing makes absolutely zero sense and adds nothing.

Woodman
10-30-2023, 11:02 PM
:10: Nice post Nova !!!!!

Woodman
10-30-2023, 11:04 PM
I'm just going to leave this here...
And the screen pass isn't part of our offense, so yeah... this signing makes absolutely zero sense and adds nothing.

I guess we'll see.

We needed another RB.

We also need a CB and a DT imo.

Mr. Pink
10-30-2023, 11:10 PM
I guess we'll see.

We needed another RB.

We also need a CB and a DT imo.

We didn't need another RB.

We already have 3 on the roster, and the third actually plays on special teams as well.

Nobody around here was saying we needed a RB, or that the wanted the Bills to go get a RB, until they signed one and now there are people lavishing his praises because they "heard of em."

The only thing Fournette does well is catches passes out of the backfield, that's his value, we barely call plays that do that and thus far from what we've seen out of Cook he has been pretty good at that role in limited opportunities.

Woodman
10-30-2023, 11:16 PM
We didn't need another RB.

We already have 3 on the roster, and the third actually plays on special teams as well.

Nobody around here was saying we needed a RB, or that the wanted the Bills to go get a RB, until they signed one and now there are people lavishing his praises because they "heard of em."

The only thing Fournette does well is catches passes out of the backfield, that's his value, we barely call plays that do that and thus far from what we've seen out of Cook he has been pretty good at that role in limited opportunities.

I agree the priority should have targeted CB DT and maybe even a monster WR.

But what we we're able to get was get some insurance and a big back all in one.

You need a trade partner before you can do anything ...... obviously we thought Leonard Williams price tag in draft picks was too high .... I believe we ****ed up ..... I wanted Williams.

Woodman
10-30-2023, 11:20 PM
This was my wish list from the Possible Trade thread:

CB or LB by Tuesday is my guess.

Elam and our expected compensatory pick in the 3rd round.

For Bear corner Jaylon Johnson.

Josey Jewell Denver LB might be gettable.

or if we go for a DT

We might work a deal for a guy like Giants DT Leonard Williams

Another possibility might be DT Harrison Phillips from Minnesota.

Mr. Pink
10-30-2023, 11:29 PM
I agree the priority should have targeted CB DT and maybe even a monster WR.

But what we we're able to get was get some insurance and a big back all in one.

You need a trade partner before you can do anything ...... obviously we thought Leonard Williams price tag in draft picks was too high .... I believe we ****ed up ..... I wanted Williams.

Say we went out today and signed Ndamukong Suh...I would question the signing just based on who he is...however as a half year rental he makes sense because there is a glaring hole at DT. Suh is a problem child, he's old, but it's an attempt to make a position group better than needs to be improved.

Or say we went out and signed CB TJ Carrie. Carrie isn't that good, but pickings are slim when it comes to FA corners and we have a major need to bring in some bodies at the position. It's a signing that makes sense based on where our needs are and what's out there and available. Or even an aging Casey Hayward.

Those moves would make sense. A third RB who's only contribution is his pass catching ability while having zero special teams value does not.

Historian
10-31-2023, 04:52 AM
A third RB who's only contribution is his pass catching ability while having zero special teams value does not.

Maybe...maybe not.

After thinking about it, Harris getting injured is only half of the equation, imo.

Murray started the season out strong, but failed to pick up some key first downs in the losses, and against Tampa.

So I understand it from that aspect.

I just thought that if the Bills were going to start restructuring guys mid-season, it would be for a more pressing need, and that's on defense.

Forward_Lateral
10-31-2023, 06:12 AM
Maybe...maybe not.

After thinking about it, Harris getting injured is only half of the equation, imo.

Murray started the season out strong, but failed to pick up some key first downs in the losses, and against Tampa.

I just thought that if the Bills were going to start restructuring guys mid-season, it would be for a more pressing need, and that's on defense.
If they do nothing today, I will lose what faith I have left in the front office

ghz in pittsburgh
10-31-2023, 09:55 AM
I'm the opposite in all honesty. If I use an analogy, we are in a boat race. The Chiefs, Bengals, Bills have the biggest engine (QB). Somewhere along the race, people are patching and fixing along way. The Bills boat, which is a bit old, has leaks in a lot of places, some holes directly impacting forward movement. You can borrow all your resources for next year and future races to plug a hole or two right now, but you can't really plug all of them to feel confident to win the race. Do you do it?

Or in another scenario, you are moving along fine and in the overall picture, in very good position. Now I have some potential cracks in the boat, maybe one serious hole. Do I spend some of the resources to patch it (them)? I would.

I'm not saying like some here that we need to sell pieces of our boat now, sink it, and rebuild from scratch.

Chet
10-31-2023, 10:16 AM
I'm the opposite in all honesty. If I use an analogy, we are in a boat race. The Chiefs, Bengals, Bills have the biggest engine (QB). Somewhere along the race, people are patching and fixing along way. The Bills boat, which is a bit old, has leaks in a lot of places, some holes directly impacting forward movement. You can borrow all your resources for next year and future races to plug a hole or two right now, but you can't really plug all of them to feel confident to win the race. Do you do it?

Or in another scenario, you are moving along fine and in the overall picture, in very good position. Now I have some potential cracks in the boat, maybe one serious hole. Do I spend some of the resources to patch it (them)? I would.

I'm not saying like some here that we need to sell pieces of our boat now, sink it, and rebuild from scratch.
Doesn’t help that the skipper is drunk

sahlensguy
10-31-2023, 10:40 AM
While we've been down the rb acquired, but not used road before with Hines, this move was necessitated by the injury to Knox. A red zone threat who can block. It was painful watching us sub in a tackle eligible against the Bucs, Thursday in the red zone. I don't expect much more than disappointment but we'll miss Knox in those situations.

Novacane
10-31-2023, 10:56 AM
Has it been reported what they're paying him?

Forward_Lateral
10-31-2023, 10:58 AM

He signed to the practice squad, so whatever the minimum is I guess?

justasportsfan
10-31-2023, 11:45 AM
****ing A. I am so ****ing sick of people on this board assuming that one’s attitude toward a football team that keeps ****ing up is the same as their attitude toward life in general.

Is Cook + Murray + Ty Johnson > Cook + Murray + Ty Johnson + Fournette?

Novacane
10-31-2023, 03:14 PM
He signed to the practice squad, so whatever the minimum is I guess?

OMG! That makes all the *****ing even more comical!

Novacane
10-31-2023, 03:17 PM

I must have hit a nerve :lol: You are crying about a meaningless spot on the practice squad you miserable cuss.

Mad Max
10-31-2023, 04:13 PM
Doesn’t help that the skipper is drunk

And his first mate is Gilligan.

DetoxTent
10-31-2023, 06:04 PM
Maybe...maybe not.

More on the o-line than anyone else. 3rd RB was not a pressing need. Harris was not a key clog in the wheel. And as another poster points out, there is a 3rd RB on the roster, he who also plays special teams. Fournette is not going to be in shape and, I predict, will add little. If he doesn't get hurt first because he's old and not in good shape. Don't care too much either way, but I wouldn't expect too much from him.

DetoxTent
10-31-2023, 06:05 PM
Nothing looks worse than posters whining about the whiners.

DetoxTent
10-31-2023, 06:07 PM

Who cares? He's a street free agent. And an old one. They won't pay him much above the vet minimum. What does that even matter? Answer: it doesn't.

Novacane
10-31-2023, 09:06 PM

That's your opinion. Mine is the whiners are 100 times worse.

Novacane
10-31-2023, 09:07 PM
Who cares? He's a street free agent. And an old one. They won't pay him much above the vet minimum. What does that even matter? Answer: it doesn't.

Because you beotches are acting like his signing would financially prohibit the team from signing other needs. DUH.

justasportsfan
11-01-2023, 09:32 AM
Because you beotches are acting like his signing would financially prohibit the team from signing other needs. DUH.

Bills do nothing to replace Harris, the tears. They bring in a proven vet for peanuts, tsunami tears.

Woodman
11-01-2023, 09:38 AM
That's your opinion. Mine is the whiners are 100 times worse.

Maybe it's perfection the whiner seeks? :snicker:

While knowing that in sport that's impossible. :idunno:

sahlensguy
11-01-2023, 10:26 AM
Maybe it's perfection the whiner seeks? :snicker:

While knowing that in sport that's impossible. :idunno:

And as a mere spectator, powerless to make any difference.

Woodman
11-01-2023, 11:54 AM
And as a mere spectator, powerless to make any difference.
And as the kids use to say "Totally" :cheers:

Novacane
11-01-2023, 12:02 PM
And as the kids use to say "Totally" :cheers:

That one's outdated now. It's gotcha. Everything is gotcha.

Bill Cody
11-01-2023, 02:19 PM

not totally

Woodman
11-01-2023, 03:10 PM
not totally

not totally :rofl:

proves that old dogs can learn where to find the stick if they search long enough.

just keeping **** real man.

Woodman
11-01-2023, 03:16 PM

How about ... "You know right." or "I know right"

And I say "it sounds like you do but can you say you're sure?"

Fournette please be a good pickup!!!!!

Novacane
11-01-2023, 04:45 PM
How about ... "You know right." or "I know right"

And I say "it sounds like you do but can you say you're sure?"

Fournette please be a good pickup!!!!!

My daughter used to use that one. She's all gotcha now. I learn all the new hip sayings from her.

Woodman
11-01-2023, 08:21 PM
My daughter used to use that one. She's all gotcha now. I learn all the new hip sayings from her.
When I hear I gotcha I think of Joe Tex.

notacon
11-02-2023, 02:00 PM

Baloney. The whiners are insufferable and it is the duty of real Bills fans to call them out for their crap.

Chet
11-02-2023, 03:46 PM
Baloney. The whiners are insufferable and it is the duty of real Bills fans to call them out for their crap.
What you need to learn is that the feeling is most definitely mutual. You’re every bit as insufferable, and every time you go on a Pollyanna diatribe and handout Koolaid after another lackluster performance I want to smack you upside the head with a tire iron.

Chet
11-02-2023, 03:47 PM
And “I’m a real Bills fan!” is the battle cry of the ******ed

notacon
11-03-2023, 01:40 PM
What you need to learn is that the feeling is most definitely mutual. You’re every bit as insufferable, and every time you go on a Pollyanna diatribe and handout Koolaid after another lackluster performance I want to smack you upside the head with a tire iron.

BaaaaaaWaaaaaaWaaaaaaa. You just can't stand being called out for what your posts are.....QUITTER ON STEROIDS!!!!

Chet
11-03-2023, 02:08 PM
No, what I and others can’t stand is your wall of diarrhea posts that are either ripped from an access media beat writer or just nonsensical Pollyanna rants.

To be honest mate you remind me of all those religious folk harassing the pilot in the movie Airplane. “Jehovah’s Witness!” “Jews for Jesus!”

At least have the decency to wait till they play well to spew your propaganda. They haven’t played well since Week 4, so pipe down

sukie
11-03-2023, 02:09 PM
They played well last week outside the last 2 minutes.

Chet
11-03-2023, 02:12 PM
The standards have really fallen around here. Having your last 2 W’s come down to the last play (both at home) against the bottom feeders of the league is not my idea of playing well. To each his own, though

notacon
11-03-2023, 03:01 PM
No, what I and others can’t stand is your wall of diarrhea posts that are either ripped from an access media beat writer or just nonsensical Pollyanna rants.

To be honest mate you remind me of all those religious folk harassing the pilot in the movie Airplane. “Jehovah’s Witness!” “Jews for Jesus!”

At least have the decency to wait till they play well to spew your propaganda. They haven’t played well since Week 4, so pipe down

Blah....blah....blah....blah....

Your posts are insufferable quitter whining. At least have the decency to wait until they are out of the playoff run, or get blown out by an inferior team (actually, ANY team) to spew your loser propaganda.

They are 5-3, one half game (via the time the BLEW OUT Miami) out of first place in the AFCE, and very much in the playoff picture...so YOU pipe down.

AL I have said is that it ain't over until it's over. And I am NOT quitting on this team and never will as long as Josh Allen is QB. To quit on this team is foolish.

Historian
11-03-2023, 03:13 PM
https://scontent-ord5-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/397981386_876393487180337_9031139094160049416_n.jpg?stp=dst-jpg_p180x540&_nc_cat=109&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=5f2048&_nc_ohc=0dpsvq-9OroAX9-swVH&_nc_ht=scontent-ord5-1.xx&oh=00_AfCtZYFHYT-gC0-4DjUPi-4Kqf4GxJVESXUxOsJv0v6kew&oe=654A0B3C

Woodman
11-03-2023, 03:53 PM
https://scontent-ord5-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/397981386_876393487180337_9031139094160049416_n.jpg?stp=dst-jpg_p180x540&_nc_cat=109&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=5f2048&_nc_ohc=0dpsvq-9OroAX9-swVH&_nc_ht=scontent-ord5-1.xx&oh=00_AfCtZYFHYT-gC0-4DjUPi-4Kqf4GxJVESXUxOsJv0v6kew&oe=654A0B3C

:rofl: I heard he said it was chilly :rofl: Oh Boy !!!

Woodman
11-04-2023, 11:06 AM
Leonard Fournette- Other teams reached out, but Bills were the right opportunity (https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/leonard-fournette-other-teams-reached-out-but-bills-were-the-right-opportunity)

Woodman
11-04-2023, 11:08 AM
New Bills running back Leonard Fournette says he took his time in picking a team this season and is glad he landed in Buffalo.

Fournette, who signed this week to the Bills’ practice squad, said the Bills are a team he can help lead to a championship.

“I had a couple teams reach out to me. But I really wanted to do what’s best for me, a fresh start out here in Buffalo (https://billswire.usatoday.com/2023/11/03/leonard-fournette-buffalo-bills-right-opportunity-nfl/),” Fournette said, via USA Today. “I have a lot left in the tank to play, it was all about the right opportunity.”

It’s unclear how soon Fournette will actually be on the field. It’s possible that the Bills could elevate him from the practice squad to the active roster as soon as today, and he could play on Sunday night against the Bengals. But that would be an extremely rushed timeline.

sahlensguy
11-05-2023, 10:19 AM
:rofl: I heard he said it was chilly :rofl: Oh Boy !!!

Ruh roh

Woodman
11-07-2023, 01:26 PM
So when we gonna get a look at him?

Woodman
11-07-2023, 01:28 PM
The standards have really fallen around here. Having your last 2 W’s come down to the last play (both at home) against the bottom feeders of the league is not my idea of playing well. To each his own, though
The only way it can be.

Woodman
11-07-2023, 01:32 PM
Is it though? If we could run two seasons in parallel universes where everything is identical, except one universe signs Fournette after week 8 and the other doesn’t, do you think we’d have two different outcomes? I certainly don’t.
Your Flash aren't you.