PDA

View Full Version : Rasul douglas

killabuf
10-31-2023, 02:53 PM
Nice add liked him for while now too. Thoughts?

sukie
10-31-2023, 03:03 PM
Great pick up. He has been graded highly and we get him and a 5 for a 3

Luisito23
10-31-2023, 03:09 PM
He's good and better than White at this point of their careers.

Mace
10-31-2023, 03:09 PM
Read where a Packers fan said he was great in 2021, decent in 2022, and not so good this year. Change of scenery and he brings more to the table than Josh Norman.

sukie
10-31-2023, 03:10 PM
I read this

Douglas injured on way to airport. Heading to IR.

:rofl:

wait it’s not that funny.

Luisito23
10-31-2023, 03:13 PM
not so good this year..

And yet sadly, better than anything we have.

Mace
10-31-2023, 03:41 PM
And yet sadly, better than anything we have.
True. Plus he's an effort player, might just need a change of scenery. I think it was a solid move.

Kenny
10-31-2023, 04:36 PM
This is a steal if he keeps playing the way he's playing.

NFL Week 8 cornerback rankings: Packers' Rasul Douglas moves up to No. 1, Lions' Brian Branch remains in the top five | NFL News, Rankings and Statistics | PFF (https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-week-8-cornerback-rankings-2023)

Mahdi
10-31-2023, 04:40 PM
Chase Young was traded to an NFC opponent for a 3rd.

We gave up a 3rd for Douglas… I think SF wins that…

Buffalogic
10-31-2023, 04:52 PM
Good trade for us.

Forward_Lateral
10-31-2023, 04:59 PM

???

The Bills got a 5th in return as well.

DetoxTent
10-31-2023, 04:59 PM
Solid pick-up at a position of need.

- - - Updated - - -

???
The Bills got a 5th in return as well.

Yes. They gave a 3rd and got back Douglas and a 5th.

Forward_Lateral
10-31-2023, 05:01 PM

- - - Updated - - -

Yes. They gave a 3rd and got back Douglas and a 5th.

I know I was letting Mahdi know. I’m not sure what he meant

OpIv37
10-31-2023, 05:02 PM
I don’t know anything about the guy. But, White is hurt again, Elam sucks and Dane Jackson is not a #1 corner.
So I’m happy we got some help at the position.

Woodman
10-31-2023, 05:02 PM

Douglas and a 5th.

Luisito23
10-31-2023, 05:28 PM
Dane Jackson is not a #1 corner.

Nor even a #2.

Rasul is 28 and most likely has at least 3 more good years left...

Plus, this move also helps us come draft time.

Canadian'eh!
10-31-2023, 05:34 PM
Checking Green Bay Packers Reddit, and there’s definitely nothing bad being said about him.

some fans are saying they understand it’s a rebuild and they got a solid return, others are more upset that he’s gone. Consensus is he’s been very good for them and is a great leader on the field. Never quits.

most call him underrated, a few even said he’s better than Jaire and didn’t cost nearly as much.

But nobody saying he sucks and they ripped us off. He definitely seemed to be a fan favourite and well respected.

John Doe
10-31-2023, 05:41 PM
The Bill's sent a 3rd round pick that will probably have a middle to late round slot, and the 5th that they received will most likely be high in the round.

This seems like a pretty good deal.

Woodman
10-31-2023, 05:44 PM
The Bill's sent a 3rd round pick that will probably have a middle to late round slot, and the 5th that they received will most likely be high in the round.

We filled a really big hole ..... well done on this one Mr.Beane well done.

Luisito23
10-31-2023, 05:44 PM

It's basically an early 4th. for a high 5th. and Rasul...

It was most definitely a good deal.

Mahdi
10-31-2023, 05:53 PM
So if you all had the choice between Chase young for a 3rd or the deal we got you’d all choose Douglas?

Chase young is a superstar when healthy and is healthy now… both against pass and run

DetoxTent
10-31-2023, 05:56 PM
So if you all had the choice between Chase young for a 3rd or the deal we got you’d all choose Douglas?
Chase young is a superstar when healthy and is healthy now… both against pass and run

He can't play CB, so Douglas. Easy choice.

That, and before you get your panties in a wad, ask yourself why Washington jettisoned him. Seriously. They are trying to be a team on the rise and they let this recent top draft choice go for a 3rd? There must be something up there. And if you dig deep enough, there is.

mightysimi
10-31-2023, 06:02 PM
Douglas has another year on the deal and Young was up.

Woodman
10-31-2023, 06:03 PM
Young takes plays off is my guess .... a few too many ..... his career started fast that no longer is the case with this guy ..... change of scenery might help ..... but this game is heart and when that's gone you're of really no value.

Canadian'eh!
10-31-2023, 06:18 PM

Yeah. I would. We need a solid CB much more than a pass rusher on an expiring deal.

DetoxTent
10-31-2023, 06:20 PM
Whether the Commanders actually trade Young or Sweat will probably depend on the market for a half-season of a young, talented edge rusher with impressive physical tools but inconsistent production. Washington finds itself in this position in large part because, in the offseason, it paid defensive tackle Daron Payne (https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2023/03/12/daron-payne-commanders-deal/?itid=lk_inline_manual_5) and declined Young’s fifth-year option (https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2023/04/26/chase-young-commanders-decline-option/?itid=lk_inline_manual_5), making Young and Sweat free agents after this season and effectively pitting them against each other for the third and final big payday the team can afford to spend on its defensive line.

One senior NFC personnel executive, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to evaluate another team, said the markets for Young and Sweat will be depressed because both are on expiring deals and are unlikely candidates for trade-and-signs. He was especially skeptical that a team would commit to Young now because of his inconsistency and injury history. He said Washington would probably receive offers of a fourth- or fifth-round pick — a third “at absolute best.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2023/10/24/trade-chase-young-montez-sweat/

Mahdi
10-31-2023, 06:28 PM

That, and before you get your panties in a wad, ask yourself why Washington jettisoned him. Seriously. They are trying to be a team on the rise and they let this recent top draft choice go for a 3rd? There must be something up there. And if you dig deep enough, there is.

I have no problem with your comment with regards to the football aspect… why you have to take that tone is strange to me though…

DetoxTent
10-31-2023, 06:30 PM
I have no problem with your comment with regards to the football aspect… why you have to take that tone is strange to me though…

Because your question seems quite strange.

ghz in pittsburgh
10-31-2023, 06:52 PM
I don't know if Douglas will work out here or not. Remember the Moss for Hines trade last year where people in indy said we got a steal? Who got the steal now?

But I got Beane's rationale. If he's parting a day 2 pick, it is not going to be a rental. Looking into next year for the position of CBs, we are not in a great position and I doubt they want to spend another high draft pick there. So Douglas makes sense, right now. It all depends on what he shows on the field. There is no hindsight if you are the manager, in any profession as a matter of fact. You make a decision based on what you know now.

For Young, it is purely a rental. You know there is no way the Bills were going to retain him after this year if they traded for him. Same for Leonard Williams.

For me, all hopes are now on Poona Ford to step up his game going forward. They cannot have the porous run defense like last year towards the end.

sukie
10-31-2023, 07:04 PM
Not even Poona. Jordan Phillips needs to stay healthy and Poona is the rotation. As long as Oliver is in the D line will be ok. The no Oliver and no Jones was the worst case.

I think you will see more Poyer as LB in dime schemes.

Douglas is a vet. He’s not old as dirt like Norman and will provide experience.

the 3rd given up was an xtra 3rd

Luisito23
10-31-2023, 07:05 PM
For me, all hopes are now on Poona Ford to step up his game going forward

He's a straight up, worthless scrub, taking up nothing but space (same with Phillips)...

All your hopes should be on Oliver not getting hurt again.

YardRat
10-31-2023, 07:09 PM
Good pick-up, I like it.

Pretty funny Josh is on a hot mic getting into Rasul's face and telling him he ****ing sucks.

Forward_Lateral
10-31-2023, 07:10 PM

I would be pissed if they traded a 3rd for a guy who’s gone in half a season. They don’t need edge help. They need corners and fat ass
defensive tackles

Mahdi
10-31-2023, 07:11 PM
Because your question seems quite strange.

Strange to compare two trades that were made for similar compensation?

sukie
10-31-2023, 07:16 PM
Chase young is far more expensive next season. Isn’t this his 4th year? We also didn’t need a pass rusher.

YardRat
10-31-2023, 07:19 PM

Did Minnesota 'win' also compared to Buffalo because they got a starting QB in Dobbs for a sixth?

DetoxTent
10-31-2023, 07:52 PM

But, as others have pointed out, they weren't similar. One is an expiring contract; one is not. Very different based on that alone. Not to mention different positions. And players of different reputations. And the Bills need a CB>D-line. So not similar at all. Again, an odd question.

jamze132
10-31-2023, 08:00 PM
Great pickup for essentially the extra 3rd we’ll get as compensation for Edmunds leaving lol.

Great locker room guy I’ve read too.

OpIv37
10-31-2023, 09:54 PM

Part of me says you have a point.

But, the other part of me has lived in the DC market for over 20 years. That franchise makes so many bad decisions…. The Washington franchise is one of the worst- if not the worst- in the 4 major North American pro sports leagues. Granted, most of the problems had to do with Snyder and he’s gone now, but the people running the team were still picked by him and the new ownership hasn’t had the time to wipe off the Snyder stank yet.

So, it wouldn’t shock me if Washington gave up on a good player way too early.

BuffaloBlitz83
10-31-2023, 10:09 PM
Will he be ready to play vs bengals?

Mr. Pink
11-01-2023, 12:41 AM
Solid player. Not a ridiculous price to get him. Definite need at the position.

This is a very good move that will help us on the field.

Wish we did a little more at the deadline but with trade talks it takes two to tango.

Historian
11-01-2023, 06:50 AM
You see folks, it isn't rocket science....it's more like...common sense.

Think about the quarterbacks we still have to face:

Burrow
Dak
Mahomes
Hurtz
Herbert

Not to mention Mac and Tuna again

I'm relieved we got a corner, and a pretty good one at that.

Woodman
11-01-2023, 09:14 AM

Burrow
Dak
Mahomes
Hurtz
Herbert

That is the bottom line :check:

Woodman
11-01-2023, 11:51 AM
Brandon Beane hopes Rasul Douglas can replace Tre’Davious White

Beane traded the Bills’ third-round draft pick to the Packers for cornerback Rasul Douglas and a fifth-round pick, and Beane said that ends a pursuit of a cornerback he’s been focused on for weeks.

“We’ve been looking at corners for weeks (https://twitter.com/JoeBuscaglia/status/1719737451701297625) now since Tre went down,” Beane said today, via Joe Buscaglia of TheAthletic.com.

Beane indicated that Packers General Manager Brian Gutekunst initially wasn’t eager to trade Douglas but eventually agreed to it on Tuesday. Beane said the Bills like everything they know about Douglas as both a player on the field and a presence in the locker room.

Brandon Beane hopes Rasul Douglas can replace Tre’Davious White - NBC Sports (https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/brandon-beane-hopes-rasul-douglas-can-replace-tredavious-white)

JoshAllenMVP2021
11-01-2023, 02:35 PM
Rasul Douglas is listed as a DNP on today's injury report.

The injury designation is labeled "Just got here"

notacon
11-01-2023, 02:38 PM

Hmmmmmmm....something just a week ago you said would "no one is giving up a potential starting CB EVER" and that it is a "fact" would "never" happen. :rolleyes: See below....

The Bills not only picked up a CB, but a very good one. Douglas is a ball hawk. Big (6' 2") with long arms. He fits in perfectly with the Bills defense and not only will take Tre' White's place this year, but is odds on favorite to be Bills starting #1 CB next year as well.

The price to pay was relatively minimal and the cap hit almost non-existent. By getting GB's fifth round pick in addition to Douglas, which will probably be within the top 10 while the Bills third round pick will probably be in the bottom 10 makes their values relatively close. Besides the fact that the Bills will have an extra 3rd round compensatory pick.

Douglas' cap hit for the Bills for 2023 is only $838,000. Joe B. (as usual with stellar informative reporting) provides the details (https://theathletic.com/5018816/2023/10/31/nfl-trade-deadline-buffalo-bills-rasul-douglas/)....

What are the salary cap and 2024 NFL Draft ramifications?

Douglas arrives in the second year of a three-year agreement with the Packers. It’s an appealing contract to target for the Bills and their small amount of cap space because Douglas was paid most of his money this year through bonuses that were prorated over the life of the contract and void years past. Since that money was paid out by Green Bay, the Bills are not on the hook for cap purposes for any money already paid out. Instead, for 2023, the Bills have to pay only the remaining prorated amount of Douglas’ base salary — the veteran minimum for his playing experience — and the remaining prorated amount of his per-game roster bonus. That adds only approximately $838,000 to the team’s 2023 salary cap.

Douglas is signed through 2024, but again, his already-paid bonuses do not travel to Buffalo with him. According to Over The Cap, Douglas has no guaranteed money for 2024, and should the Bills keep him, they’re looking at a $9 million cap hit. That includes his $6.25 million base salary, a $2 million roster bonus due March 20, a $300,000 workout bonus and a maximum of $450,000 in per-game roster bonuses for the year. Without any future cap room taken up, the Bills also could easily convert all but the veteran minimum of his base salary and free up an additional $3.75 million in 2024 cap space by pushing it forward with three void years. That would bring his cap charge down to an extremely manageable $5.25 million. This is looking like a two-year acquisition, not just a playoff-push rental.

As for the draft compensation, with the Bills believing they’ll receive a third-round compensatory pick in 2024 for losing Tremaine Edmunds (https://theathletic.com/nfl/player/tremaine-edmunds-JKo3MELPaAeeJbLo/) this offseason, having an extra Day 2 pick always seemed like something general manager Brandon Beane could utilize to chase a championship. It wound up being the case, and as long as they receive that third-round pick for losing Edmunds, the Bills still will have one pick in each of the first four rounds, and with the Packers pick coming back, two selections in the fifth round. In all, a mid-round pick swap for an established cornerback tailor-made for their defensive scheme who is likely a two-year piece of their puzzle is not a heavy price to pay.

Despite your uhhhhh....assertion that trading for a starting CB would never happen.....

And no one is giving up a potential starting CB in trade EVER. They are too few and far between, their value is just under that of a starting QB. They get injured at a good rate, so if teams have CBs, they hold on tight to them. You're never getting one via a trade. Never. Fact.

Really?!?!?! ""no one is giving up a potential starting CB in trade EVER." "You're never getting one (potential starting CB) via a trade. Never. Fact."?!?!?!?

Uhhhhh....no.

Douglas IS not only a "potential starting CB" he is, in fact a STARTING CB (not just "potential") as he not only STARTED for Green Bay (and performed extremely well) he played every single defensive snap in 2023 (https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/gnb/2023-snap-counts.htm). In 2022 he played 88.48% of snap counts (https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/gnb/2022-snap-counts.htm), the most of any GB CB.

Rasul Douglas is the best CB on the Bills roster and a very welcome addition. With overachieving (for a 6th round second year player) Benford on the other side, the Bills have immediately become a better team.

The other addition, FA signing of Fournette fills another hole in the roster.

Hats off the Brandon Beane. :bf1:

sukie
11-01-2023, 02:50 PM
Didn’t need “sleepy” Joe B for any of that info. But it was all in one place for you for those that pay the NYTimes for the privilege.

I love this pickup.

notacon
11-01-2023, 02:57 PM
Didn’t need “sleepy” Joe B for any of that info. But it was all in one place for you for those that pay the NYTimes for the privilege.

I love this pickup.

:rofl: Joe Buscaglia is THE best Bills beat reporter. Bar none.

Although you are somewhat correct that he is "sleepy Joe" since he just welcomed his first child into the world. :D:

You betcha I pay for the NY Times....also one of (Washington Post is equally as stellar which I gladly pay for) the best media publications in the world.

If one wants to stay well informed, paying for NY Times and The Athletic are no brainers.

sukie
11-01-2023, 03:04 PM
That says a lot about how crappy the professional beat is at OBD if “sleepy Joe” is tops.

lol

notacon
11-02-2023, 01:31 PM
That says a lot about how crappy the professional beat is at OBD if “sleepy Joe” is tops.

lol

I strongly suspect that you do NOT have a subscription to either The Athletic or the NY Times.

Which means you have no intelligent basis for rating the quality of journalism. It's like when the religious zealots crap all over a movie but when asked if they watched it have to fess up that they haven't.

In other words, you have no idea what you are talking about on this subject. No surprise that renown Negative Nancy and dedicated Bills quitter Chet thanked your lame post. :rolleyes:

BTW...I also have a subscription to the Buffalo News. Do you? They have several quality writers too.

sukie
11-02-2023, 01:57 PM
The “beat” should never be behind a pay wall. Just sayin.

Woodman
11-02-2023, 02:01 PM
Rasul Douglas is listed as a DNP on today's injury report.

The injury designation is labeled "Just got here"

Thought I'd never say this but damn that McD is such a pip. :rofl:

Anything to lighten the tension with that guy ........... and there's another thing I thought I'd never say. :rofl:

notacon
11-02-2023, 02:24 PM
The “beat” should never be behind a pay wall. Just sayin.
Bullcrap. Quality journalism costs money and is well worth paying for.

Cheapskates get what they deserve for their cheapness.

Try and use that lame logic at a movie theater....or a concert....or a major league sporting event. Good luck with that as you are thrown out on your ear.

Woodman
11-03-2023, 06:11 AM
‘“They haven’t told me (if) I’m playing or not,” Douglas said. “So I don’t know when they will tell me, but I’m going to prepare and practice like I’m out there starting. … I came here to play and make plays for this organization. So, that’s really my focus, is doing whatever the team needs me to do. Whether it’s this week, next week, whatever week it may be – just play my heart out.”’

BUFFALO NEWS |

Woodman
11-03-2023, 06:14 AM
The Buffalo Bills’ newest cornerback got a call in the 3 p.m. hour Tuesday from Packers General Manager Brian Gutekunst, informing him he was being traded. When Douglas hung up, he thought it was a joke.

It wasn’t until Packers President Mark Murphy called a short time later to thank him for his time that Douglas realized Gutekunst was serious – and that he had been traded to the Bills.

“We all can’t believe it,” Douglas said of his reaction, along with that of his former teammates. “But that’s reality. I miss them, too. That was a home for me, you know what I mean?”

Trade to Bills is no laughing matter for CB Rasul Douglas (https://buffalonews.com/sports/professional/nfl/bills/bills-notebook-trade-to-buffalo-is-no-laughing-matter-for-cb-rasul-douglas/article_d02e5dbc-79c3-11ee-945d-67c780107dbf.html)

Woodman
11-03-2023, 06:16 AM
“You hear a word for so long and it means something else, and then you come here and that word means something totally else so you got to try to save the verbiage and forget the other verbiage you heard,” he said. “So when they’re out there making calls, you know exactly what you’re supposed to be playing.”

Douglas was one of the Packers’ leaders, but he’s coming to a Bills defense rich in that regard. Von Miller, Jordan Poyer and Micah Hyde – among others – all have ideal leadership traits.

“As soon as I got here, they all welcomed me,” Douglas said. “It was like ‘Man, we’re going to welcome you here right, like we do things the right way around here’. Just listening to them, how they talk. They’re good leaders.”

k-oneputt
11-03-2023, 06:42 AM
He damn well better be playing.
‘Who else can they possibly put in there that would be better ?

I expect Douglas and Joseph to be activated Sunday.

Woodman
11-03-2023, 06:48 AM
He damn well better be playing.
‘Who else can they possibly put in there that would be better ?

I expect Douglas and Joseph to be activated Sunday.

It's gotta be I just have the below on Joseph ...

Like Douglas, who began his career with the Eagles, Joseph could be slotted into an immediate starting role -- or close to it -- for the Bills, who will be up against the reigning AFC runner-up Bengals (https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/teams/CIN/cincinnati-bengals/) on Sunday night.

I'm just waiting to hear on Douglas officially he is mentioned.

Woodman
11-03-2023, 06:53 AM
They must be going through who sits ..... the Elam to IR caused Joseph to be brought directly up and activated so he seems solid as a go.

I have not read anything about another move yet ... so we can get Douglas on the field as well.

I'm pretty sure it's coming soon.

Or does anybody have confirmation that a move has already been made?

kscdogbillsfan1221
11-03-2023, 07:11 AM

Burrow
Dak
Mahomes
Hurtz
Herbert

i'm getting a kick out of your autocorrect.

Tuna.

also like Hurtz. haha.

Woodman
11-03-2023, 04:06 PM
In Beane we must trust. :gobills: