PDA

View Full Version : So Beane has shot his wad and provided the seed. It's up to McDermott to show us ...

ghz in pittsburgh
11-02-2023, 10:46 AM
the baby!

DT and CB are our biggest needs and he provided both, who I'll say, quality ones.

We'll see how the execution goes. Let's see how the mastermind of Defense coordinator McDermott make it work now.

There are reports that the Bills was offered a day 2 pick for Elam. But Douglas's career showed Beane and Co it might be wise to hold on to him for a little longer.

OpIv37
11-02-2023, 10:47 AM
I like both moves but I fear they came too late to help against Cincy.

Chet
11-02-2023, 10:56 AM
Yep, we need them so much more this week than against the Broncos or Jets

Woodman
11-02-2023, 11:00 AM

Fear and hope are always such a fine line. :cheers:

Chet
11-02-2023, 11:03 AM
the baby!

DT and CB are our biggest needs and he provided both, who I'll say, quality ones.

We'll see how the execution goes. Let's see how the mastermind of Defense coordinator McDermott make it work now.

There are reports that the Bills was offered a day 2 pick for Elam. But Douglas's career showed Beane and Co it might be wise to hold on to him for a little longer.
Small correction: biggest needs on the field, yes

Woodman
11-02-2023, 11:22 AM
So I hope this allows Tim Settle a spot on the bench sooner than later.

You know so he can "simma down now"

ghz in pittsburgh
11-02-2023, 12:40 PM
You don't win over the Bengals by shutting down their offense (unless Burrows is hurt of course). You have to solve their defense. Lou Anarumo runs a complex scheme aiming to confuse QBs and WRs, not unlike McDermott's defense when he came to the Bills. They had great success against Mchomes and Allen. Guess what, both Mchomes and Allen didn't have any stout running attack in the past, more of a finesse running system to keep people off balance. When they face some of the brute force attacking teams, like Ravens, Titans, Steelers (to some degree), they have issues, just like what we experienced with our defense in the past. I think the Bills' offense philosophy change this off-season is precisely aimed at dealing with teams like the Bengals, not the Chiefs. That's why I am very interested to see this Sunday.

I don't know it is going to work out this Sunday, given the struggles we had on offense in recent weeks and overall for the transition thus far. I do expect to see a more competitive game than last years where we seemed to be out-classed from the get-go both times.

Woodman
11-02-2023, 12:44 PM
You don't win over the Bengals by shutting down their offense (unless Burrows is hurt of course). You have to solve their defense. Lou Anarumo runs a complex scheme aiming to confuse QBs and WRs, not unlike McDermott's defense when he came to the Bills. They had great success against Mchomes and Allen. Guess what, both Mchomes and Allen didn't have any stout running attack in the past, more of a finesse running system to keep people off balance. When they face some of the brute force attacking teams, like Ravens, Titans, Steelers (to some degree), they have issues, just like what we experienced with our defense in the past. I think the Bills' offense philosophy change this off-season is precisely aimed at dealing with teams like the Bengals, not the Chiefs. That's why I am very interested to see this Sunday.

I don't know it is going to work out this Sunday, given the struggles we had on offense in recent weeks and overall for the transition thus far. I do expect to see a more competitive game than last years where we seemed to be out-classed from the get-go both times.

I never saw us look so dead and out of it.

T&C
11-02-2023, 01:49 PM
the baby!

Sticky topic lol... where did you hear/read this? Any links?

Woodman
11-02-2023, 01:57 PM

Never heard myself either ....... good question ...... but they IR'd him so .... :baghead: ...... there's always next year at least as far as we know ... can't be too sure about that either.

ghz in pittsburgh
11-02-2023, 02:04 PM
One of the Bills market reporter tweeted it. Something like Chargers and 49ers wanted Elam and got to a 3rd rounder level, but the Bills didn't go for it. Of course if Elam was hurt, it's a moot point that he would not pass the physical. Since then the tweet was deleted, don't know it was due to wrong info or forced by the back room pressure. You rarely see unsuccessful negotiations came to light because it rarely benefits anyone, even for the player's agent.