PDA

View Full Version : Big day for 3 teams desperately trying to shake pretender label

Chet
11-05-2023, 07:09 AM
1. Dolphins vs. Chiefs in Deutschland…Hallmark of the Tua era is that they can’t beat the best teams, this year proving no exception thus far.

2. Cowboys at Eagles. They are the NFC’s Bills. Always big show, no results.

3. Bills at Bengals. Buffalo is soft and poorly coached. Mentally weak against tough opponents or in close games.

How these teams do today will go a long way in determining their potential this year. It can be argued that they are must-win games for all 3 franchises, from a mental perspective.

sukie
11-05-2023, 08:04 AM
This thread brought to you by Dulcolax Prune Suppositories.

When you feel the need to **** all over your team, shove the prunes straight up your…”

Dulcolax… squirt with passion.

Chet
11-05-2023, 08:26 AM
Boomer humor is the best

sukie
11-05-2023, 08:47 AM
Lost art form.

Chet
11-05-2023, 11:50 AM
First pretender down

notacon
11-05-2023, 12:17 PM
This thread brought to you by Dulcolax Prune Suppositories.

When you feel the need to **** all over your team, shove the prunes straight up your…”

Dulcolax… squirt with passion.

Yep. Sourpuss quitter talk. :rolleyes:

sukie
11-05-2023, 12:18 PM
Even with the D frustrating the Chiefs… that Fin O can be stopped. The ending was a thing of beauty. (Sorry Mike)

Novacane
11-05-2023, 12:25 PM
If the Bills happen to win are the Bengals pretenders?

Chet
11-05-2023, 12:51 PM

No because they’ve actually been places recently and are fresh off a dominant win in SF

YardRat
11-05-2023, 12:52 PM

No more than the Chiefs are when Buffalo beats them in the regular season.

Losing to three teams we shouldn't have kind of makes tonight a must-win game, at least Miami lost to lessen the urgency a little bit if we can't handle the Bengals again.

Woodman
11-05-2023, 01:40 PM
First pretender down

:squish:

Woodman
11-05-2023, 01:41 PM
No because they’ve actually been places recently and are fresh off a dominant win in SF
3-5 smells like pretender.

SF without Deebo.

Mike13
11-05-2023, 01:45 PM
Even with the D frustrating the Chiefs… that Fin O can be stopped. The ending was a thing of beauty. (Sorry Mike)

I knew Connor Williams would **** us over at some point. At least he waited until its socially acceptable to drink something other than a Bloody Mary or a Mimosa

Chet
11-05-2023, 01:49 PM
3-5 smells like pretender.

SF without Deebo.
A loss would put them at 4-4, not 3-5. Either way, if we’re having this conversation later tonight it means Josh went HAM or Burrow got injured.

POTLAND PSILBYLO
11-05-2023, 03:07 PM

Fresh. Fresh! And exciting!

Typ0
11-05-2023, 03:38 PM
Dallas can't win one game and shake the pretender label....they need to win 180 in a row.

Woodman
11-05-2023, 04:45 PM
A loss would put them at 4-4, not 3-5. Either way, if we’re having this conversation later tonight it means Josh went HAM or Burrow got injured.

yes! :cheers:

Chet
11-05-2023, 06:45 PM
Second pretender down

Woodman
11-05-2023, 06:48 PM
1. Dolphins vs. Chiefs in Deutschland…Hallmark of the Tua era is that they can’t beat the best teams, this year proving no exception thus far.

2. Cowboys at Eagles. They are the NFC’s Bills. Always big show, no results.

3. Bills at Bengals. Buffalo is soft and poorly coached. Mentally weak against tough opponents or in close games.

How these teams do today will go a long way in determining their potential this year. It can be argued that they are must-win games for all 3 franchises, from a mental perspective.

1) Dolphins :check:
2) Cowboys :check:

Chet
11-05-2023, 06:50 PM
1) Dolphins :check:

2) Cowboys :check:
Here’s to waking up tomorrow with only those 2 checks, Woodsie:toast

It’s 02:48 here and I have to drive to Poland at 0700 tomorrow. Go Bills

Woodman
11-05-2023, 06:53 PM
Here’s to waking up tomorrow with only those 2 checks, Woodsie:toast

It’s 02:48 here and I have to drive to Poland at 0700 tomorrow. Go Bills

toast!

Novacane
11-05-2023, 06:55 PM
Dallas gave it a great effort but it seems like Dak still always will fall just short.

Mace
11-05-2023, 07:00 PM
Season defining game imo. They collapse or step up.

Chet
11-05-2023, 10:46 PM
Third pretender down

Woodman
11-05-2023, 10:48 PM
Shame .... more injuries as well.

If you don't mind I won't quit.

Chet
11-05-2023, 10:53 PM
Shame .... more injuries as well.

If you don't mind I won't quit.
No worries, even though the team has

Novacane
11-05-2023, 10:58 PM
I feel like the whole AFC is pretenders. KC beat Miami but only scored 14 offensive points and has not looked like KC all year. They've won with defense. Cini beat the Bills but our beat up defense held them to 3 points in the 2nd half. They could have been beaten. Until Miami can beat a team with more than 2 wins I don't take them seriously. Baltimore has a nice record but something about them I'm just not sold on. I can see them getting home field then going one and done. I still think get in the playoffs and get hot and you can make a run all the way to the SB. The problem is the Bills are coached by idiots so I can't see them being the team that gets hot and makes a run. I wouldn't count out Jacksonville as the AFC SB representative.

Mr. Pink
11-06-2023, 12:57 AM
I feel like the whole AFC is pretenders. KC beat Miami but only scored 14 offensive points and has not looked like KC all year. They've won with defense. Cini beat the Bills but our beat up defense held them to 3 points in the 2nd half. They could have been beaten. Until Miami can beat a team with more than 2 wins I don't take them seriously. Baltimore has a nice record but something about them I'm just not sold on. I can see them getting home field then going one and done. I still think get in the playoffs and get hot and you can make a run all the way to the SB. The problem is the Bills are coached by idiots so I can't see them being the team that gets hot and makes a run. I wouldn't count out Jacksonville as the AFC SB representative.

I would put the Browns into the conversation IF they can beat Baltimore next week. Cleveland's defense is legit and can stymie anyone's offense. They got spanked by Baltimore in their first matchup of the season so I think this coming weekend's game between the two will show which team is the pretender and what team is the real contender.

I will say as of right now, Baltimore is the best team in the AFC.

sukie
11-06-2023, 06:42 AM
Trying to pinpoint the problem.

D was good enough last night. All things considered injury-wise.

the offense.

once prolific, can’t score for entire quarters plus.

you have the same core primarily and you upgraded RB position. Offensive line. TE threat and yet putting up goose eggs. The lesser personnel unit used to never punt.

so is it offensive game plan play design and calling?

is it execution?

what?

Woodman
11-06-2023, 06:56 AM
The D gave it everything in the 2nd half .... it actually appeared that we made adjustments out there.

The thing I enjoyed the most was Linval Joseph's body toss of Burrow :D

The thing that was most obvious was Josh's screwing over.

1 Roughing nothing.

2 Intentional grounding.

3 Taunting.

and those were just the calls against the QB ..... many other examples.

4. That crew should be ashamed of their effort.

Sukie nice post .... still wondering about Dorsey .... trying to fit the new pieces in if it isn't too big a job for him or does it just take a bit more time ....... we get to wait and see.

sukie
11-06-2023, 09:16 AM
Anyone can whiteboard plays . Can those plays be executed in real time game tempo? No game plan week to week. The game plan should very slightly depending on who you are facing. Is the D man heavy or zone? Pass protection issues? Should it be quick and short?

Lack of offensive identity. As much as he confounded me at times, Daboll has tree slant routes and quick underneath stuff. He also hit center of the field. It was a high powered offense.

Now… no idea.

KC struggling
Chargers are Meh
Bengals we’re basically **** out for over a half.
browns? Dolphins?

aside Baltimore… who is a true contender in AFC?

Woodman
11-06-2023, 09:20 AM
Anyone can whiteboard plays . Can those plays be executed in real time game tempo? No game plan week to week. The game plan should very slightly depending on who you are facing. Is the D man heavy or zone? Pass protection issues? Should it be quick and short?

Lack of offensive identity. As much as he confounded me at times, Daboll has tree slant routes and quick underneath stuff. He also hit center of the field. It was a high powered offense.

Now… no idea.

KC struggling
Chargers are Meh
Bengals we’re basically **** out for over a half.
browns? Dolphins?

aside Baltimore… who is a true contender in AFC?

Ravens definitely #1 ..... 2nd could be a team like the Jaguars that kid out of Clemson is playing some really great football.

Historian
11-06-2023, 10:01 AM
I will say as of right now, Baltimore is the best team in the AFC.
I agree.

Unfortunately KC is in the AFC West, which has essentially been a one-team division since the 1970 merger.

1970-1985: Oakland/LA
1986-2010: Denver
2012-Pres: KC

They cruise through a division of also-rans, right to the 1st seed every year.

Nobody is going in there and winning the AFC.

Woodman
11-06-2023, 10:06 AM
I agree.

Unfortunately KC is in the AFC West, which has essentially been a one-team division since the 1970 merger.

The Ravens could conceivably get the one seed.

That would end the run of byes for the Chiefs.

Mr. Pink
11-06-2023, 11:44 AM
I agree.

What's really impressive so far about the Ravens is they're leading the best division in football.

All the teams in the North would be in the playoffs if the season ended today.

That also hurts them when it comes to overall seeding because they're forced to play a quarter of their season against those guys.

The same reasoning goes for the Steelers, Bengals and Browns as well.

And Mike Tomlin has to be the best coach in football. The Steelers have an awful QB, no running game and a weak o-line and they still just win games somehow. Some games they have no business even winning.

Chet
11-06-2023, 11:50 AM
I still think the Bengals are the only legit threat in the AFC North. Baltimore is playing well but as soon as they fall behind by double digits in the playoffs that will be all she wrote.

As far as the weakness or holes in the rest of the AFC teams, I couldn’t agree more. Nobody inspires overwhelming confidence, but that doesn’t change the fact that the Bills are a dumpster fire. Easily the most poorly coached team in the division by a country mile