PDA

View Full Version : Anyone still think this team is a contender?

OpIv37
11-05-2023, 09:20 PM
Eagles, Chiefs, Bengals, Ravens are definitely better than us

Jags, Fish, 49ers, Cowboys are probably better than us

Browns, Steelers, Jets and several other NFC teams are possibly better than us.

The SB window is slammed shut.

Novacane
11-05-2023, 09:21 PM
It was shut after 13 seconds. I just didn't see it until recently.

Kenny
11-05-2023, 09:24 PM
Contender? No. I said from the very beginning that we were a fringe playoff team (I'm not even sure we can grab a wildcard with how we've been playing)
With 4 conference losses and already 2 divisional losses, I think any chance of winning the conference or the division are gone.

That said... sometimes winning the SB just takes getting hot at the right time with some dumb luck involved.

Woodman
11-05-2023, 09:24 PM
Here comes are good luck charm.

OpIv37
11-05-2023, 09:26 PM
Contender? No. I said from the very beginning that we were a fringe playoff team (I'm not even sure we can grab a wildcard with how we've been playing)
With 4 conference losses and already 2 divisional losses, I think any chance of winning the conference or the division are gone.

That said... sometimes winning the SB just takes getting hot at the right time with some dumb luck involved.
When has luck ever been a hallmark of Buffalo sports?

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: the comeback game used up 3 generations of sports luck for Buffalo. We won’t have good luck again until anyone who remembers that game is worm fodder.

Typ0
11-05-2023, 09:30 PM
You guys should wait until this game is over because this one is a huge swing.

OpIv37
11-05-2023, 09:31 PM

Lmao. 28-10 coming up.

Novacane
11-05-2023, 09:32 PM

Just stop. Neither side of the ball can do anything right. A light isn't going to magically come one.

notacon
11-05-2023, 10:34 PM
I do 100%. Of course the Bills are contenders. This question is in VERY bad faith.

Anyone who does not is a quitter.

Novacane
11-05-2023, 10:37 PM
If they can find a way into the playoffs they're a contender. Anyone in the tournament is a "contender". A serious one? Very doubtful.

BuffaloBlitz83
11-05-2023, 10:37 PM
Lmao. 28-10 coming up.

We lost but but not close to 28-10

kscdogbillsfan1221
11-05-2023, 10:39 PM
No I do not

they need psycho josh to win and if they don’t get that, they flat out don’t win

kingJofNYC
11-05-2023, 10:41 PM
The D is too beat up, and frankly too ****ing old at this point.

The O is healthy and yet can't make plays downfield to grab chunk yards, everything is short and slow which is how opponents want it, but even when we have opportunities for chunk yards something goes wrong.

Need to retool, in all facets. I mean if Kincaid doesn't fumble maybe the game plays out a bit differently score wise, but the team is a mess. I mean the Bills D pitched 4 shutouts out 5 possessions going into the half, and the Bills O did nothing to climb back into it. When the O gets some life, turnover, or the Bills D gives back up.

OpIv37
11-05-2023, 10:48 PM
I do 100%. Of course the Bills are contenders. This question is in VERY bad faith.

Anyone who does not is a quitter.
Currently 9th in the conf, out of the playoffs if they started today. Still have to play the Chiefs, Cowboys, Eagles and Fish again

“Quitter” isn’t part of the conversation. The reality is that this team is at best a bubble playoff team headed for a first round loss. Anything beyond that is blatant homerism. Believing this team is a contender is beyond homerism. It’s pure delusional fantasy.

kingJofNYC
11-05-2023, 10:58 PM
Bills have the best point differential and the most expected points and yet we got a 5-4 record.

It's a frustrating year, but I feel like big changes are coming going into next year. Po/Hyde will probably gone due to money, Gabe gone, maybe Tre gone, Knox will have one foot out the door with the way Kincaid is playing. Feel like they're going to free up a bunch of cap space and retool. Von may even retire with the way he's running out there, he's cooked right now.

OpIv37
11-05-2023, 11:01 PM
Bills have the best point differential and the most expected points and yet we got a 5-4 record.

It's a frustrating year, but I feel like big changes are coming going into next year. Po/Hyde will probably gone due to money, Gabe gone, maybe Tre gone, Knox will have one foot out the door with the way Kincaid is playing. Feel like they're going to free up a bunch of cap space and retool. Von may even retire with the way he's running out there, he's cooked right now.

That’s a lot of holes to fill, with lot a lot of cap. That’s why the SB window is slammed shut.

Novacane
11-05-2023, 11:07 PM

Dorsey and McDermott. They aren't good enough. McDermott would be a DB coach somewhere and Dorsey probably wouldn't even be in the NFL if one of 5 teams were smart enough to draft Josh Allen before the Bills got him.

Chet
11-05-2023, 11:10 PM
Allowing these impostors to coach Josh Allen is gross negligence

kingJofNYC
11-05-2023, 11:12 PM
Dorsey does some good things at times, but he's not a veteran playcaller in this league, he's been on the job for a year and a half. Think he has a tough task. I don't even know what his offense is because they just have the same stuff that Daboll put in, and Josh wanted him so what are you going to do?

There's been some bad adds via the draft that hurt this team, and it's going to be a tough ask to replace the guys that are basically out the door, but sometimes you just have to rip it off and retool, because running it back with the same group when you're getting the same results doesn't make much sense.

notacon
11-05-2023, 11:26 PM
The season that the same sour puss (that already quit on the season even before it started), says was THE best chance for the Bills to win a SB, (which according to him, was the last chance EVER, as now the SB window IS "slammed shut") was 2021. The "13 sec." season.

In their 8th game that year, they lost to the worst team in the NFL at that time, JAX (their 2nd win of the year) dropped the Bills to 5-3. They beat the Jets next game to move to 6-3.

Then they proceeded to lose three of the next four to drop to 7-6. NE was 9-4 after they beat the Bills in the hurricane game. Do you have to guess what the same quitter (and other quitters) were saying at that time???? The same 'ol, same 'ol crap.

Bills finish the year strong with 4 wins, beating the Pats on the road (a game that we were guaranteed to lose by the same quitter). They started the playoffs (winning the AFCE exactly the opposite that the same quitter said when they were 7-6) by 47-17. The no punt game.

It's ain't over until it's over.

If one does not believe that, why even watch the games??? Why put yourself through that self-flagellation??? Or is it to revel in coming here and giving your best effort to spread your loser, quitter misery. Is THAT what turns you on????

BTW....the other king of the quitters has already proclaimed (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/263978-Proud-of-this-team-so-far?p=5048014&viewfull=1#post5048014) that he is "rooting for them to lose from here on out" (after only the fifth game of the season :rolleyes:)

Insufferable.

I have no idea if the Bills will fail to do anything in the playoffs (and, yes, they will almost assuredly make the playoffs). I'm sure as **** will be watching every moment of every game, supporting my team until the bitter end.

If they fall short, which is more likely than not (yeah, 96% of teams falls short every single year), SO WHAT....that's the NFL.

OpIv37
11-05-2023, 11:30 PM
The season that the same sour puss (that already quit on the season even before it started), says was THE best chance for the Bills to win a SB, (which according to him, was the last chance EVER, as now the SB window IS "slammed shut") was 2021. The "13 sec." season.

In their 8th game that year, they lost to the worst team in the NFL at that time, JAX (their 2nd win of the year) dropped the Bills to 5-3. They beat the Jets next game to move to 6-3.

Then they proceeded to lose three of the next four to drop to 7-6. NE was 9-4 after they beat the Bills in the hurricane game. Do you have to guess what the same quitter (and other quitters) were saying at that time???? The same 'ol, same 'ol crap.

Bills finish the year strong with 4 wins, beating the Pats on the road (a game that we were guaranteed to lose by the same quitter). They started the playoffs (winning the AFCE exactly the opposite that the same quitter said when they were 7-6) by 47-17. The no punt game.

If one does not believe that, why even watch the games??? Why put yourself through that self-flagellation??? Or is it to revel in coming here and giving your best effort to spread your loser, quitter misery. Is THAT what turns you on????

BTW....the other king of the quitters has already proclaimed (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/263978-Proud-of-this-team-so-far?p=5048014&viewfull=1#post5048014) that he is "rooting for them to lose from here on out" (after only the fifth game of the season :rolleyes:)

Insufferable.

I have no idea if the Bills will fail to do anything in the playoffs (and, yes, they will almost assuredly make the playoffs). I'm sure as **** will be watching every moment of every game, supporting my team until the bitter end.

If they fall short, which is more likely than not (yeah, 96% of teams falls short every single year), SO WHAT....that's the NFL.
Delusional homerism.

Chet
11-05-2023, 11:55 PM

Insufferable.

Do you want me to tell you about the rabbits?

Gibby 2.0
11-06-2023, 12:01 AM

This team suffered a fatal blow when Von got hurt on Thanksgiving. The Bengals finished em off in the primetime game last year. I am grateful to McD for bringing this team back from oblivion but they will never win a Superbowl with him.

Borosai
11-06-2023, 12:36 AM
Not a contender. Anyone can get lucky, and that's exactly what this team would need to do anything this year, but that doesn't make them contenders.

GreedoII
11-06-2023, 07:41 AM

Insufferable.

Post of the year....total own post to boot!!! These dolts have short memories and memory hole their stupid takes.

GreedoII
11-06-2023, 07:42 AM
Delusional homerism.

you got your @ss owned.....dolt

Chet
11-06-2023, 08:00 AM
Post of the year....total own post to boot!!! These dolts have short memories and memory hole their stupid takes.
He doesn’t believe they’ll go anywhere though, it’s all hot air. I put his faith to the test and he failed.

Historian
11-06-2023, 08:51 AM
This season is over.

If you can't be honest with the board, at least be honest with yourselves.

The team has way too many catastrophic injuries to even compete with the big boys this year, and of the guys that are left, several's best days are behind them.

I honestly hope they miss the playoffs because changes need to be made.

We need two top flight coordinators.

These guys remind me of a chef that takes a thick filet Mignon....and burns it.

Now if you're into burned steak, this team is for you.

If you prefer your food cooked more to taste....

Gibby 2.0
11-06-2023, 10:01 AM
This season is over.

The team has way too many catastrophic injuries to even compete with the big boys this year, and of the guys that are left, several's best days are behind them.

I could deal with the injuries if they were coached to play disciplined football and if it seemed like they give a ****. They don't. I culd pardon last night's loss if they hadn't shat away New England, New York, almost lost to the Giants, and played like crap in London. This team was better disciplined, less penalty prone, played less sloppy they's be 8-1. I'll give em the loss in London. That was bad and they lost a couple solid guys, but this team is not playing to their potential and because its multiple players playing below their abilities I put the blame on coaching.

Historian
11-06-2023, 10:02 AM
No argument here Gibby....

Bill Cody
11-06-2023, 10:21 AM
I grew up on burned steak. This steak isn't even well done yet.

daryls61
11-06-2023, 10:32 AM
Well, Bills are .5 games out of division lead so yes, they are contenders.

notacon
11-06-2023, 10:39 AM
Delusional homerism.

:rofl: No "homerism" in the least. It's REALITY!!!

You STILL have no earthly idea what "homeism" is. I'm fed up trying to explain it to you. Talking to a brick wall is useless.

notacon
11-06-2023, 10:50 AM
He doesn’t believe they’ll go anywhere though, it’s all hot air. I put his faith to the test and he failed.

No, you did NOTHING of the sort.

That's the addict in you talking that if someone does not engage in destructive behavior that you favor, they somehow "failed" a "test" of "faith"?!?!? :rofl: Delusions of an addict!!! I guess if you can get others to join you in YOUR destructive behavior it gives you an rationalization and excuse to feel better?

I firmly believe that gambling of any sort (and especially on sports) an extremely destructive behavior. Akin to infidelity to their spouse or significant other, smoking tobacco, alcohol abuse, drug abuse and serial criminal acts. NONE of which I engage in. It is a conscience CHOICE that I revel in.

You want to do any or all of those things, that's YOUR problem. Me not descending into the destructive hell of gambling is a STRENGTH (that I am very proud of) on my part, not a weakness.

Typ0
11-06-2023, 11:04 AM
This season is over.

Seriously dude if McDermott is going to come back and at least admit to himself he screwed up the Dorsey hire and screwed up hiring himself as DC then I would stomach another season of McDermott....but save those two things happening forget it. I want to be fair with him but his whole philosophy is too conservative for todays landscape and we need something different to bring Josh Allen along instead of ruin him.

I put it all on the Owner Allen is his asset and he's got to step up and protect it or he gets what he deserves.

Chet
11-06-2023, 11:45 AM
No, you did NOTHING of the sort.

That's the addict in you talking that if someone does not engage in destructive behavior that you favor, they somehow "failed" a "test" of "faith"?!?!? :rofl: Delusions of an addict!!! I guess if you can get others to join you in YOUR destructive behavior it gives you an rationalization and excuse to feel better?

I firmly believe that gambling of any sort (and especially on sports) an extremely destructive behavior. Akin to infidelity to their spouse or significant other, smoking tobacco, alcohol abuse, drug abuse and serial criminal acts. NONE of which I engage in. It is a conscience CHOICE that I revel in.

You want to do any or all of those things, that's YOUR problem. Me not descending into the destructive hell of gambling is a STRENGTH (that I am very proud of) on my part, not a weakness.
Oh boy, gramps has wandered off the reservation again. Just press that Life Alert button around your neck like we taught and we’ll get you back to the home tout suite

Mr. Pink
11-06-2023, 11:52 AM
We have the hallmark of an undisciplined football on defense.

We don't tackle well.

The injuries aren't helping the defensive unit but it hardly matters when the guys who are out there don't make open field tackles.

Von Miller straight out whiffed on the Bengals final 3rd down conversion of the game. He took a bad angle and then went diving frantically to try and grab Mixon. And that's not even one of these backups making that kind of bonehead mistake. If your veteran "star" players are making those kind of mistakes on the field, what do you expect the rest of the guys to do?

Then on the Sample TD...Dane Jackson who is a veteran makes unathletic Drew Sample look like George Kittle on his way into the endzone.

OpIv37
11-06-2023, 12:23 PM
:rofl: No "homerism" in the least. It's REALITY!!!

You STILL have no earthly idea what "homeism" is. I'm fed up trying to explain it to you. Talking to a brick wall is useless.
Well, let me explain why you’re a homer.

Every time I say something like “there’s no reason to believe we can beat the Bengals because we’ve never been able to do it before and they dominated us in the past,” you respond with a litany of reasons as to why the past doesn’t matter

Yet, now that the Bills have their backs against the ropes, suddenly you think 2021 matters. There’s consistency with you. Everything is always twisted toward anything positive for the team and against anything negative for the team.

notacon
11-06-2023, 01:09 PM
Oh boy, gramps has wandered off the reservation again. Just press that Life Alert button around your neck like we taught and we’ll get you back to the home tout suite

:rofl: At least I'm not an addict like you.

notacon
11-06-2023, 01:12 PM
Well, let me explain why you’re a homer.

Every time I say something like “there’s no reason to believe we can beat the Bengals because we’ve never been able to do it before and they dominated us in the past,” you respond with a litany of reasons as to why the past doesn’t matter

Yet, now that the Bills have their backs against the ropes, suddenly you think 2021 matters. There’s consistency with you. Everything is always twisted toward anything positive for the team and against anything negative for the team.

:rofl: That does NOT point to "homerism". You just proved my point that you have no idea what "homerism" even means. I'm sick and tired of explaining it to you.

OpIv37
11-06-2023, 01:51 PM
:rofl: That does NOT point to "homerism". You just proved my point that you have no idea what "homerism" even means. I'm sick and tired of explaining it to you.

If you don’t see how you’re a homer, you’re the one who doesn’t understand what it means.

Goobylal
11-06-2023, 02:28 PM
I stopped thinking they were a SB contender when they lost their 3 best players on defense.

Mr. Pink
11-06-2023, 02:45 PM
I stopped thinking they were a SB contender when they lost their 3 best players on defense.

I knew they weren't a SB contender when they just didn't bother showing up for a playoff game against Cincy.

13 seconds could have been an aberration. Bad luck happens. But we have a pattern with this coaching staff that can't get us over the hump.

If we make the playoffs this year, with our conference record and schedule it's going to be a tough road to hoe, I fully expect the team to collapse or just be completely unprepared and unmotivated in an AFC playoff game while Marty McDermott is in charge. And that means going forward in 2024, 2025, 2026 as well.

We're a good to great regular season team, up until now, who wilts come when the games/situations get tough.

Mace
11-06-2023, 03:32 PM

Yeah.....that was huge. I had some hope though that McDermott would find a way beyond it.....change up the scheme instead of just plug and play lesser players.....turn the offense loose to take pressure off the D....etc. Haha......my bad.

OpIv37
11-06-2023, 03:37 PM
Yeah.....that was huge. I had some hope though that McDermott would find a way beyond it.....change up the scheme instead of just plug and play lesser players.....turn the offense loose to take pressure off the D....etc. Haha......my bad.

Yeah that’s the other thing. On good teams, if one star goes down, the other stars pick up the slack. Hell, during the Patriots’ run, there was one point where they had so many injuries at DB that they had a WR playing CB and they still won games.

The O is supposed to be the strength of this team. With all the injuries on D, the O should be stepping up, sustaining drives and scoring points to take the pressure off the D. That hasn’t happened. More proof that we aren’t a good team.

Goobylal
11-06-2023, 04:54 PM
I knew they weren't a SB contender when they just didn't bother showing up for a playoff game against Cincy.

13 seconds could have been an aberration. Bad luck happens. But we have a pattern with this coaching staff that can't get us over the hump.

If we make the playoffs this year, with our conference record and schedule it's going to be a tough road to hoe, I fully expect the team to collapse or just be completely unprepared and unmotivated in an AFC playoff game while Marty McDermott is in charge. And that means going forward in 2024, 2025, 2026 as well.

We're a good to great regular season team, up until now, who wilts come when the games/situations get tough.

Last year was a ****show from beginning to end. I knew they weren't winning that Bengals playoff game when I heard Daquon Jones was going to miss it. And realistically, it's the offense that's letting the team down, not the defense.

As I said above, the offense is mostly to blame for the losses. That's on Dorsey who should be replaced stat.

notacon
11-07-2023, 03:52 PM
If you don’t see how you’re a homer, you’re the one who doesn’t understand what it means.

:rofl: Bullcrap.

Everyone knows what it means to be a "quitter"...and there is ZERO (whatsoever) DOUBT that you are exactly that.

You have been for at least the past several years. (I don't care about the drought days...irreverent).

You are lucky that all the posts from Nov 2017 to Sept. 2022 are lost forever. Or else I would be able to post up YEARS of your insufferable quitter baloney.

Mace
11-07-2023, 05:33 PM
Last year was a ****show from beginning to end. I knew they weren't winning that Bengals playoff game when I heard Daquon Jones was going to miss it. And realistically, it's the offense that's letting the team down, not the defense.

As I said above, the offense is mostly to blame for the losses. That's on Dorsey who should be replaced stat.

I don't know McD isn't stifling his OC's. Might not even matter who he stifles next.

OpIv37
11-07-2023, 07:54 PM
:rofl: Bullcrap.

Everyone knows what it means to be a "quitter"...and there is ZERO (whatsoever) DOUBT that you are exactly that.

You have been for at least the past several years. (I don't care about the drought days...irreverent).

You are lucky that all the posts from Nov 2017 to Sept. 2022 are lost forever. Or else I would be able to post up YEARS of your insufferable quitter baloney.

And what you fail to acknowledge: your homerism was wrong too. We didn’t win the playoff games, we didn’t win the SB.

notacon
11-08-2023, 01:45 PM
And what you fail to acknowledge: your homerism was wrong too. We didn’t win the playoff games, we didn’t win the SB.

Actually the Bills won many playoff games. As I have already pointed out accurately (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/264138-McDermott-is-pathetic?p=5053960&viewfull=1#post5053960) "More playoff wins in the three seasons 2020, 2021 & 2022 than the previous TWENTY NINE SEASONS COMBINED" (BTW, that includes the last Bills SB season)

Not winning a Super Bowl is the norm for 96% of the NFL teams every single year.

Once again, you show ZERO understanding of what "homerism" is. But you constantly and predictably show that you are a quitter of the nth degree. Every. Single. Year.

It's not that you opine that the Bills won't win a SB (whatever) year. That is hands down the EASIEST prediction anyone can make. It's a cowards prediction. One can go right on down the line and say....

(Fill in the blank with every single team) won't win a SB this year and be correct 96% of the time.

No, it's your constant whining and belly aching of impending disaster Every. Single. Year. I do not remember many (if any) positive posts from you (with any shred of positivity accompanied by the usual gloom and doom downer quitter talk) concerning the Bills for as long as I have read your quitter posts.

When I predicted the Bills would have a 13-3 record in 2020 (when you said that was not possible) that was not "homerism"...it was spot on.

When I predicted the Bills would win out after the 2021 OT loss in TB (when you said that was not possible) that was not "homerism"...it was spot on.

When I predicted the Bills would go on a 6 game win streak after the OT loss to Minny in 2022 (when you said that was not possible) that was not "homerism"...it was spot on.

There are multitudes of other examples of your lame, quitter talk that has a huge failure rate. Like I already accurately observed...."You are lucky that all the posts from Nov 2017 to Sept. 2022 are lost forever. Or else I would be able to post up YEARS of your insufferable quitter baloney."

When I say that "It ain't over until it's over" (when you say that it is already over whit the quitterism whining....It’s over. The window isn’t just closed. It’s slammed shut and boarded up (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/264052-Outplayed-at-home-by-a-team-with-a-near-100-point-differential?p=5050576&viewfull=1#post5050576).) that is not "homerism"...it's reality.

Forward_Lateral
11-08-2023, 02:50 PM
Playoff Contender? Yes, because I think 9-10 wins will get a wild card.

Superbowl contender? Not at this point.

The good news is that it's only halfway through the season, and there's time to right the ship.

The bad news is, faith in Dorsey has dwindled, and even my faith in McDermott is starting to wane.

I see this team winning 10-11 games, probably winning the AFC East because Miami is an absolute fraud, and repeating last year. Winning a home playoff game, then getting pasted by whoever they face in the 2nd round

OpIv37
11-08-2023, 02:59 PM
Playoff Contender? Yes, because I think 9-10 wins will get a wild card.

Superbowl contender? Not at this point.

The good news is that it's only halfway through the season, and there's time to right the ship.

The bad news is, faith in Dorsey has dwindled, and even my faith in McDermott is starting to wane.

I see this team winning 10-11 games, probably winning the AFC East because Miami is an absolute fraud, and repeating last year. Winning a home playoff game, then getting pasted by whoever they face in the 2nd round

Maybe the Dolphins are pretenders. We know- they haven't beaten anyone over .500 yet. But, the only team over .500 that we've beaten is... the Dolphins.

Forward_Lateral
11-08-2023, 03:09 PM
Maybe the Dolphins are pretenders. We know- they haven't beaten anyone over .500 yet. But, the only team over .500 that we've beaten is... the Dolphins.
In fairness, the Commanders and Bucs were .500 or better at the time of the games.

Regardless, the fact is, as bad as Buffalo has played, they are still probably the best team in the AFCE. The Patriots are done. The Jets have no QB, and Miami is no longer the juggernaut everyone thought.

At this point, I don't even really care if they make the playoffs or not. My factor of enjoyment has dwindled. I don't even get upset anymore. It's disheartening when the officials stink, the coaching stinks and the team has an offense that should be putting up way more points than they are. Every week they figure out a way to shoot themselves in the foot, and that really boils down to preparation and coaching, IMO.

OpIv37
11-08-2023, 03:26 PM
Actually the Bills won many playoff games. As I have already pointed out accurately (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/264138-McDermott-is-pathetic?p=5053960&viewfull=1#post5053960) "More playoff wins in the three seasons 2020, 2021 & 2022 than the previous TWENTY NINE SEASONS COMBINED" (BTW, that includes the last Bills SB season)

Not winning a Super Bowl is the norm for 96% of the NFL teams every single year.

That's not the point. YOU said we were going to win the SB. We didn't. YOU were wrong.

Typ0
11-08-2023, 03:34 PM
That's not the point. YOU said we were going to win the SB. We didn't. YOU were wrong.

This is the transitive property of blind homerism.

notacon
11-09-2023, 02:02 PM

So what??? You said so many things in 2022, 2021, 2020 that were wrong too. MANY, MANY, MANY times. I lost count to how many times you were wrong...over and over and over and over and over and over again. With a few correct prediction sprinkled in.

I've listed many of (it's impossible to keep track of all the boneheaded things you have assured us would happen and were 100% WRONG) them several times. It's so tiresome.

So, I will predict the Bills will not win the SB in 2023. Again, so what????

As I said, I could list every team with the same prediction and I would be right 96% of the time. So what????

I am commenting about ATTITUDE. The QUITTER attitude that you have EVERY. SINGLE. ****ING. YEAR!!!!

How about YOU predict who IS going to win the Super Bowl this year. Put up or shut the **** up.

OpIv37
11-09-2023, 02:38 PM
So what??? You said so many things in 2022, 2021, 2020 that were wrong too. MANY, MANY, MANY times. I lost count to how many times you were wrong...over and over and over and over and over and over again. With a few correct prediction sprinkled in.

I've listed many of (it's impossible to keep track of all the boneheaded things you have assured us would happen and were 100% WRONG) them several times. It's so tiresome.

So, I will predict the Bills will not win the SB in 2023. Again, so what????

As I said, I could list every team with the same prediction and I would be right 96% of the time. So what????

I am commenting about ATTITUDE. The QUITTER attitude that you have EVERY. SINGLE. ****ING. YEAR!!!!

How about YOU predict who IS going to win the Super Bowl this year. Put up or shut the **** up.
Quitting would mean not watching the games or following the team. I’ve absolutely never done that.

Lose faith in them? Yes, all the time. But I’ve never quit on them.

notacon
11-10-2023, 01:36 PM
Quitting would mean not watching the games or following the team. I’ve absolutely never done that.

Lose faith in them? Yes, all the time. But I’ve never quit on them.

NO! NO! NO! NO!

Being a quitter is GIVING UP ON THE TEAM BEFORE every season even starts....and then quitting on them during the season. Being a quitter is GIVING UP ON THE TEAM and preaching all the things that they CANNOT and WILL NOT DO.

Again, you are lucky that all the posts from between Sept.. 2017 and Nov 2022 cannot be accessed, becasue they are chock FULL of your posts QUITTING on the team, over and over and over and over.

You quit on this team over and over and over and over and over and over again. Anyone who has been here for the past few years with a shred of honesty and integrity KNOWS that is 100% true.

OpIv37
11-10-2023, 02:36 PM
NO! NO! NO! NO!

Being a quitter is GIVING UP ON THE TEAM BEFORE every season even starts....and then quitting on them during the season. Being a quitter is GIVING UP ON THE TEAM and preaching all the things that they CANNOT and WILL NOT DO.

Again, you are lucky that all the posts from between Sept.. 2017 and Nov 2022 cannot be accessed, becasue they are chock FULL of your posts QUITTING on the team, over and over and over and over.

You quit on this team over and over and over and over and over and over again. Anyone who has been here for the past few years with a shred of honesty and integrity KNOWS that is 100% true.

And there's 15 YEARS before that of me being the only one who saw the flaws in the team ahead of time. Seeing something for what it is is not "quitting." Losing faith in something that has repeatedly let me down for over 3 decades is not "quitting." The word "quitting" does not mean what you think it means.

Typ0
11-10-2023, 06:38 PM
And there's 15 YEARS before that of me being the only one who saw the flaws in the team ahead of time. Seeing something for what it is is not "quitting." Losing faith in something that has repeatedly let me down for over 3 decades is not "quitting." The word "quitting" does not mean what you think it means.

Op it's pretty easy to be any teams fan and say we aren't going to win the Super Bowl and be right.

OpIv37
11-10-2023, 06:50 PM
Op it's pretty easy to be any teams fan and say we aren't going to win the Super Bowl and be right.

Understood. He still refuses to acknowledge that he said we WOULD win the SB and was wrong. He predicted we’d win the playoff games that we lost. He harps on me when I’ve been wrong about things but his happy-go-lucky homerism gets a lot wrong too.

Novacane
11-10-2023, 07:08 PM
Something just isn't right with this team.

notacon
11-11-2023, 01:21 PM

"And there's 15 YEARS before that of me being the only one who saw the flaws in the team ahead of time" That is FALSE!!!! TOTALLY FALSE!!!!

There were LOTS of posters (including me) that did EXACTLY the same thing.

I was one of the few that was thoroughly uninspired by Trent "Mr. Check-down" Edwards. And said so LOUDLY. Same with Fitz (who I said was NOT even close to the answer and never would be. Same with Orton. Jesus....I started a thread about how terrible he was.

I don't care about the 15 years during the drought.

I'm talking about NOW. EVERY. YEAR. YOU. ****. ON. THE. BILLS.

Even when they do well, you find a way to see the dark clouds.

"Losing faith" is EXACTLY THE SAME AS QUITTING!!!! Absolutely NO difference. None. Zero.

Still watching the games is irreverent. I seriously believe (by reading your posts) that you watch the games so you can find nit picky things to ****post about after they win, and revel when they lose (with extreme ****posting) so you can come here and spread your sourpuss negativity QUITTER talk.

Perfect example is after the Bills BLOWOUT of Miami....an outcome that you more or less GUARANTEED had NO CHANCE of even winning the game, much less dismantling the Fins....your mea culpa was so ****ing lame when you tried to cover up your disgusting predictions that "This is gonna be ugly. I don’t see how we keep up with them. Josh is going to have to be perfect."....after the win you tried to (falsely) say you were "right" about one thing...."Well I was also right about Josh needing to be perfect, cuz he was.".

WRONG!!!!!!! Josh did NOT "have to be prefect" to beat the Fins....Josh had to be "Prefect" to utterly DESTROY them in a MASSIVE BLOWOUT...winning by FOUR ****ING TOUCHDOWNS. Jesus. So lacking in self awareness.

You falsely accuse me of being a "homer" and cite that I predicted the Bills winning the SB last season of proof...'PROOF I TELL YOU!!!' :rofl:

Well, before the start of the 2022 season, NFL.com publishes their Super Bowl predictions.

Twenty five writers, analysts, ex-NFL players....vote for their pick (https://www.nfl.com/news/super-bowl-lvii-predictions-bills-vs-buccaneers-in-arizona). Guess what...the Buffalo Bills had BY FAR the most votes....12. So...they are ALL "homers"?!?!?!? How ****ing ridiculous.

Just TODAY, on ESPN, this was published...

NFL Week 10 predictions, fantasy sleepers, key stats, buzz (https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/story/_/id/38856933/nfl-week-10-predictions-fantasy-sleepers-stats-latest-buzz-2023)

Can Buffalo turn it around against the Broncos?

It's simply too soon to write off the Bills. I know it seems as if the Bills are suddenly a sinking ship, and yes, they have put themselves in a spot where the playoffs are not guaranteed. ESPN's Football Power Index (https://www.espn.com/nfl/fpi/_/view/projections) has them at 56.9% to make the postseason, down from 72.5% in the preseason.

But these Bills? They're Super Bowl contenders. I'd point out that Josh Allen (https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/_/id/3918298/josh-allen) leads the league in Total QBR (75.3). Plus, the offense ranks fourth in EPA per dropback and third in EPA per designed carry. Sure, the defense is struggling, especially against the pass. But this team is too good at what matters most -- passing efficiency -- to not be a real threat to win it all. I'd bet on the turnaround starting Monday night against Denver.

"Homer"?!?!? From objective and unbiased writers and analysts?!?!?! How absurd!!!

Your definition of being a "homer" certainly seems like anyone who does not go down the gutter and **** on the Bills with your quitter attitude. We see this lame mindset in politics all the time (especially on the right).

You HAVE ALREADY "written off" the Bills. You have ALREADY guaranteed that the Bills are NOT "SB contender" now or pretty much EVER AGAIN!!!!!!

Saying that "Josh Allen will never win a Super Bowl, at least not as a Bill" is the EPITOME of pathetic QUITTER baloney.

NO ONE with a shred of common sense, a scintilla of objectivity, any grasp on reality, even a tiny amount of football knowledge, or a degree of intellectual honesty would ever, EVER say something like that.

You are the least self-aware person here.

I suspect you'd be MUCH more comfortable posting on the fan forum of ANY of the Bills rivals.

OpIv37
11-11-2023, 02:01 PM
Lmao. Anyone who thinks this team is still a SB contender clearly hasn’t watched them play since the Miami game. They’ve had 6 sub-par performances out of 9 games. If they had beaten Cincy things would be different but they showed that they are exactly would I said they’d be: a slightly above average team that can’t beat the big boys.

OpIv37
11-11-2023, 02:03 PM
And anyone who has watched Josh Allen lose in the playoffs the last few years has PLENTY of reason to believe he’ll never win a SB. The last two years were the best teams he’ll ever have and he couldn’t do it. This team is about to spend a couple years in cap jail and Josh wi be getting old by the time the team rebuilds.

notacon
11-12-2023, 11:37 AM
Lmao. Anyone who thinks this team is still a SB contender clearly hasn’t watched them play since the Miami game. They’ve had 6 sub-par performances out of 9 games. If they had beaten Cincy things would be different but they showed that they are exactly would I said they’d be: a slightly above average team that can’t beat the big boys.

And anyone who has watched Josh Allen lose in the playoffs the last few years has PLENTY of reason to believe he’ll never win a SB. The last two years were the best teams he’ll ever have and he couldn’t do it. This team is about to spend a couple years in cap jail and Josh wi be getting old by the time the team rebuilds.
Blah...blah...blah....blah...blah..blah....

So I correctly and 100% accurately opine that you are a quitter on the Bills, and then in your non-denial denial, write posts that are epitomes of doing exactly that. It's devoid of any logic or self awareness. Responding to observations of quitter mindset, by ****posting MORE quitting mindset. :rolleyes:

Every ****post you wrote proves, without a shred of doubt that you have quit on the Bills and talk and think more like our rival's fans than a Bills fan.

Thank you for proving and validating my astute and spot-on observations.

Woodman
11-12-2023, 11:39 AM

:rofl: :cheers: :gobills:

Discotrish
11-12-2023, 05:38 PM

It's an early Christmas present for you.

You're never so happy as when you're complaining and unhappy.

Now if only our defense could tackle like Santa...

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/l3vQXnSDsC2V4eScg" width="480" height="239" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/fallontonight-christmas-jimmy-fallon-l3vQXnSDsC2V4eScg">via GIPHY</a></p>

OpIv37
11-12-2023, 05:42 PM
Blah...blah...blah....blah...blah..blah....

So I correctly and 100% accurately opine that you are a quitter on the Bills, and then in your non-denial denial, write posts that are epitomes of doing exactly that. It's devoid of any logic or self awareness. Responding to observations of quitter mindset, by ****posting MORE quitting mindset. :rolleyes:

Every ****post you wrote proves, without a shred of doubt that you have quit on the Bills and talk and think more like our rival's fans than a Bills fan.

Lmao. Not even close.

I stated truths. When other teams’ fans say them, you’re a homer so you dismiss it as trash talk. When Bills fans say it, you dismiss it as “quitting.” But either way, it’s your homerism denying reality.

Discotrish
11-12-2023, 06:55 PM
Lmao. Not even close.

I stated truths. When other teams’ fans say them, you’re a homer so you dismiss it as trash talk. When Bills fans say it, you dismiss it as “quitting.” But either way, it’s your homerism denying reality.

Your grammar is stellar!

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/1405fIarqbN7hu" width="480" height="363" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/batman-grammar-hipsters-1405fIarqbN7hu">via GIPHY</a></p>

OpIv37
11-12-2023, 07:01 PM
A grammar inconsistency doesn’t negate the point.

Discotrish
11-12-2023, 08:42 PM

lol.

I was admiring the unusually good grammar.

"Teams' fans!"

"Quitting," with comma neatly tucked inside the quote!

You didn't bother to check? Just went straight up to "defensive" mode.

Okay then! Next time I offer a compliment I'll be sure to accompany it with:

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/lZnvJGXnRJFL1IheW0" width="374" height="480" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/rvappstudios-hug-sending-hugs-virtual-lZnvJGXnRJFL1IheW0">via GIPHY</a></p>

So you get the picture.

OpIv37
11-12-2023, 09:56 PM
Well I did use plural grammar in the second sentence and singular grammar in the third sentence, so I assumed that’s what you meant.

jamze132
11-13-2023, 06:24 AM
This thread is still going?

Woodman
11-13-2023, 08:32 AM
A win on Monday Night Football would put the 6-4 Bills into the seventh and final playoff spot. A loss, and Buffalo would be behind the Indianapolis Colts (https://www.stampedeblue.com/).

Historian
11-13-2023, 08:38 AM
Sad as things have been, a win tonight puts them right back in the thick of it.

Unfortunately, scrub teams are the teams we have trouble with.

Then we get to the meat and potatoes of the schedule, and will have to essentially try to compete with our second string defense.

We're good....but not that good.

I honestly believe this season is over.

Woodman
11-13-2023, 08:47 AM

Then we get to the meat and potatoes of the schedule, and will have to essentially try to compete with our second string defense.

So true we need to get some real special contributions from unexpected areas.

It might help to get a few of these guys back.

OpIv37
11-13-2023, 09:27 AM

Quitter!

Seriously though, the season was over week 1 when we lost to the Jets. Look, it isn’t college football and that one loss didn’t officially doom us in any way, but this team showed us who they really are. There’s talent but they still struggle with lesser opponents from time to time and can’t hang with the big boys.

Woodman
11-13-2023, 09:30 AM
The London game wasn't too cool either.

Mr. Pink
11-13-2023, 11:18 AM
Just keep pace with the Dolphins and then beat them in Week 18.

There's our hope for the playoffs.

We have to hope we play as well as the Fish, or that the Fish falter down the stretch.

I think winning the division will be the easier way in the playoffs than fighting for that final wild card.

Woodman
11-13-2023, 11:21 AM
Just keep pace with the Dolphins and then beat them in Week 18.

There's our hope for the playoffs.

We have to hope we play as well as the Fish, or that the Fish falter down the stretch.

I think winning the division will be the easier way in the playoffs than fighting for that final wild card.

100%

Chet
11-13-2023, 12:19 PM
There’s only one way this team gets off the mat from here on out (assuming Josh and Diggs don’t miss games the rest of the year), and it is with the following steps:

1. Make this “get-right game” look like an actual get-right game. No wins in the ilk of NYG or TB. Beat the **** out of Denver while putting up 30+ points in the process. Not only are the Bills frauds right now, they are frauds without their swag. Cowboys are frauds, but they still have their swag. Get the swag back tonight with a classic Bills romp that we’ve been so accustomed to in the Allen era. If the Bills come away from this with another 24-17 or 17-9 type win then Dorsey’s head needs to roll. If they lose, both Dorsey and McD need to hit the bricks.

2. Coming off that swag win, show you finally have what it takes to beat a great defense and put a hurting on the Jets. This is a Zach Wilson led team that is only capable of scoring points when you turn the ****ing ball over in your own redzone. This also needs to be a resounding win, something like 27-9. The Denver game is on Dorsey to get right. This game is on both Allen and Dorsey to show that they can perform against an elite D. If Allen gets out of this game with a W and NO TURNOVERS, then maybe our hearts will be aflutter with hope on Sundays again. The Bills have been gaping vaginas against physical teams the last couple years, which is a coaching flaw.

3. That puts you at 7-4 with a matchup against the team with the best record in football in their own backyard. This game is on McDermott to show that he can go into a hostile environment against an elite team and have the Bills ready. I honestly don’t even think this needs to be a win, so long as it’s not lost by the offense. If they show up and lose in a spirited shootout or get ****ed over by the refs then this could have a 2021-Bucs game effect. Just show you belong, a win is even better.

They go into the bye at 8-4 (or 7-5) in the fashion I listed above, then that is confidence and a galvanizing moment going into the bye a la 2021 where the team said “**** this ****, we know we’re better than what we’ve produced”…and went on a blistering murder tour the next 6 weeks until our coaching staff gave KC the win.

There’s no more margin for error though. They need to win and win big tonight.

That is the blueprint. However, I have no faith that this will happen since Dorsey is not Daboll and he has been an awful playcaller since halftime of Week 8 last year. He’s had one good game since first half of that Packers game: Week 4 vs. Miami.

notacon
11-13-2023, 12:48 PM
Lmao. Not even close.

Blah....blah....blah...blah....

You keep on showing that you have NO IDEA what "homerism" OR "quilter" even means. I absolutely know what BOTH mean. Especially "quitter" and your attitude shows that you are a HUGE quitter. NO DOUBT WHATSOEVER!!!!

Hey, if you want to live in a fantasy world of denial, that's your business. A LOT of posters here do not buy the **** that you are selling.

Historian
11-13-2023, 12:54 PM
Quitter!

It's true.

I quit caring after the NE loss.

As a matter of fact, Yesterday I didn't even put football on....I watched the entire Beatles Anthology, and John Lennon Imagine.

They're playing tonight, and I don't even give a crap.

sahlensguy
11-13-2023, 12:57 PM
It's true.

I quit caring after the NE loss.

As a matter of fact, Yesterday I didn't even put football on....I watched the entire Beatles Anthology, and John Lennon Imagine.

They're playing tonight, and I don't even give a crap.

Big, fat liar!

OpIv37
11-13-2023, 12:59 PM

You keep on showing that you have NO IDEA what "homerism" OR "quilter" even means. I absolutely know what BOTH mean. Especially "quitter" and your attitude shows that you are a HUGE quitter. NO DOUBT WHATSOEVER!!!!

Hey, if you want to live in a fantasy world of denial, that's your business. A LOT of posters here do not buy the **** that you are selling.

See that’s the thing. It’s not about me. People can choose to believe me or not. The results on the field speak for themselves. The record speaks for itself. The fantasy is believing that this team is a contender because the facts are proving otherwise.

Historian
11-13-2023, 01:29 PM
Big, fat liar!

I swear.

I'll put it on for a quarter, but if it's the same old crap as the last month, I'm going to bed.

I've lost my passion for them in the same way Josh Allen has.

And it's sad.

Chet
11-13-2023, 01:35 PM

This guy telling anybody else they live in a fantasy world:rofl:

hmm, let’s see…

1. Thinks Ken Dorsey should keep his job and doubles down on this crap take each of the last 5 weeks

2. Said Edmunds is elite and one of the best LBs in the game. He is probably the most hated player of the Bears fan base, overpaid, oft-injured, and completely non-impactful when on the field (ahh, the memories, amirite?).

3. Said Leslie Frazier is an excellent coach who would make a great HC candidate (nvm his first failure). He was let go under the most dignified guise possible, but you denied it and were subsequently proven wrong when he tried interviewing for other positions. Now he’s shaking the cup or selling churros.

4. Said Spencer Brown has all the tools to be elite. El-oh-el. Elite means AP or ProBowl, something Nathan Peterman has a better chance at. The best he can hope for is not being a crippling liability. I think he only has 4 penalties and 3 sacks given up so far, so he’s definitely improved from last year’s QB killer status.

Bottom line is you have some truly awful takes rooted in delusional homerism.

OpIv37
11-13-2023, 01:38 PM
I swear.

I'll put it on for a quarter, but if it's the same old crap as the last month, I'm going to bed.

And it's sad.

The drought years were frustrating, but at the same time, we kinda knew that the ceiling was 9-7 and maybe lucking into a wild card (and we never even got that lucky).

With this team, the ceiling should be a championship They pissed it away the last two years and they’re doing it again this year. It’s a new level of frustration.

sahlensguy
11-13-2023, 01:42 PM

hmm, let’s see…

1. Thinks Ken Dorsey should keep his job and doubles down on this crap take each of the last 5 weeks

2. Said Edmunds is elite and one of the best LBs in the game. He is probably the most hated player of the Bears fan base, overpaid, oft-injured, and completely non-impactful when on the field (ahh, the memories, amirite?).

3. Said Leslie Frazier is an excellent coach who would make a great HC candidate (nvm his first failure). He was let go under the most dignified guise possible, but you denied it and were subsequently proven wrong when he tried interviewing for other positions. Now he’s shaking the cup or selling churros.

4. Said Spencer Brown has all the tools to be elite. El-oh-el. Elite means AP or ProBowl, something Nathan Peterman has a better chance at. The best he can hope for is not being a crippling liability. I think he only has 4 penalties and 3 sacks given up so far, so he’s definitely improved from last year’s QB killer status.

The homerism is for the Nota home team.

And yeah...awful.

Chet
11-13-2023, 01:46 PM
The drought years were frustrating, but at the same time, we kinda knew that the ceiling was 9-7 and maybe lucking into a wild card (and we never even got that lucky).

With this team, the ceiling should be a championship They pissed it away the last two years and they’re doing it again this year. It’s a new level of frustration.
And the most frustrating part of it all is that there is no team that has separated themselves from the pack in the AFC. No team that puts the fear of god in you like the Mahomes-Tyreek/Reid or Belichick/Brady teams. They’re all dogs with fleas. It is right there for the taking and we can’t even put away the likes of the Giants, Patriots, Bucs, and Zach Wilson Jets.

Man these coaches make me want to vomit

sahlensguy
11-13-2023, 01:56 PM
I swear.

And it's sad.

I feel ya. Growing old isn't without loss.

Better to love and lose than to never have loved at all. Or something sappy like that.

:gobills:

notacon
11-13-2023, 02:04 PM

hmm, let’s see…

Besides your usual misrepresentation of what I actually have written (it's so tiresome)

None of that is "homerism". It's similar to the observations of professional NFL analysts and experts, ex-NFL players, current NFL players, ex-NFL coaches and current NFL coaches,, ex-NFL GM's, and current NFL GM's and a plethora (virtually every one from respected national media outlets) of professional NFL media journalists.

I am very well read in sports media. That's the benefit of being retired. The world that is presented here with sourpuss quitters like YOU, and what is almost the whole consensus with professional experts are two DIFFERENT SOLAR SYSTEMS!!!

I VALUE the professional experts, and not the living-room-couch self proclaimed "experts" that know a LOT less about football than they think they do. Your posts are prime evidence of the latter.

It's like during the worst of the pandemic valuing the expert medical advice about Covid over the quacks and know-nothing ass hats on the internet pimping their useless baloney.

notacon
11-13-2023, 02:12 PM
BTW Chet...I hope you cry into your sour milk tonight when despite you VOWING (directed at the Bills) to "...rooting for them to lose from here on out (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/263978-Proud-of-this-team-so-far?p=5048014&viewfull=1#post5048014) (after the Jax game)" you are bitterly disappointed that your "rooting" for LOSING is NOT fulfilled.

Chet
11-13-2023, 02:17 PM
Besides your usual misrepresentation of what I actually have written (it's so tiresome)

None of that is "homerism". It's similar to the observations of professional NFL analysts and experts, ex-NFL players, current NFL players, ex-NFL coaches and current NFL coaches,, ex-NFL GM's, and current NFL GM's and a plethora (virtually every one from respected national media outlets) of professional NFL media journalists.

I am very well read in sports media. That's the benefit of being retired. The world that is presented here with sourpuss quitters like YOU, and what is almost the whole consensus with professional experts are two DIFFERENT SOLAR SYSTEMS!!!

I VALUE the professional experts, and not the living-room-couch self proclaimed "experts" that know a LOT less about football than they think they do. Your posts are prime evidence of the latter.

It's like during the worst of the pandemic valuing the expert medical advice about Covid over the quacks and know-nothing ass hats on the internet pimping their useless baloney.
You do realize calling people sourpuss quitters doesn’t change the fact that this team is 5-4, 9th in the AFC, and on their worst five game stretch of football since Barkley filled in for Allen in 2018, right? Tell me you understand this, at least. If not, we can call the nurse and up the dose of Namenda

jamze132
11-13-2023, 02:29 PM

You were wrong about Edmunds and Frazier. Neither is/was needed. Even with all of our current injuries, the defense isn’t losing games.

Chet
11-13-2023, 02:46 PM
Btw, you’re attempting to come from a place of authority because you have more free time to borrow other people’s opinions. Well congratulations…you, children and the unemployed all must have the best football knowledge:rofl:

Mr. Pink
11-13-2023, 02:47 PM
Joe Buscalgia is not a fountain of information and knowledge.

FYI

He's a crappy beat writer who's a homer himself.

notacon
11-13-2023, 02:58 PM
You do realize calling people sourpuss quitters doesn’t change the fact that this team is 5-4, 9th in the AFC, and on their worst five game stretch of football since Barkley filled in for Allen in 2018, right? Tell me you understand this, at least. If not, we can call the nurse and up the dose of Namenda

Yes, I know the Bills are 5-4, 9th in the AFC. So what???? Playoff spots are NOT determined after only 9 games. Like I have pointed out in another thread (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/264334-How-many-teams-have-QBs?p=5059957&viewfull=1#post5059957)...in 2021, the season that the other quitter, Opi, say that was THE year for Josh to win the SB....

"...the Bills were 7-6 after the dispiriting OT loss to Tampa Bay, and you were quitting on the team at that time (well...actually you quit on the team almost all the time) assuring us all that it was over."

You are 10% WRONG when you assert that the Bills "worst five game stretch of football since Barkley filled in for Allen in 2018" The Bills have lost three of the past five games.

Last year, Opi was telling us that the Bills sucked after the bye week, despite the fact that they only lost two games.

In 2021, the Bills also lost three of five games (and four of six) between week 6 and 14. Yeah....the same season that Opi said was supposed to be the year the Bills won the SB.

In 2020, they came close losing three of six games between week 5 and week 10.

In 2019, they came close again when they lost three of six games between week 4 and week 10.

Barkley only filed in for ONE game that season, the last game of the year, when they already made the playoffs and rested Allen.

Barkley only filled in for Josh ONE game in 2018. A win vs NYJ in week 10. In FACT, Barkley did not take ONE SNAP in ANY of the Bills 10 losses in 2018!!!

You are not very good with facts, are you??? You don't even bother to check your facts before writing your crap, do you????.

It's also clear in your little tirade of misrepresenting what I have said in the past.....

I never said Edmunds "is elite". What I DID say is that 50 NFL professionals (Gm's, coaches, scouts and players) named him as a top 10 LB four years in a row....2020 (https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/story/_/id/29460392/ranking-nfl-top-10-linebackers-2020-best-hybrid-playmakers-d)….2021 (https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/story/_/id/31765336/ranking-nfl-top-10-linebackers-2021-execs-coaches-players-make-their-picks), 2022 (https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/insider/story/_/id/34168579/ranking-nfl-top-10-ball-linebackers-2022-execs-coaches-players-make-their-picks-best-linebackers) AND 2023 (https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/insider/story/_/id/37773470/ranking-nfl-top-10-ball-linebackers-2023-execs-coaches-players-make-their-picks-best-linebackers) with the highest ranking before this year of #3.

I never said that Leslie Frazier "would make a great HC". What I DID say is that he is highly regarded among NFL professionals and they say he is an excellent coach.

No wonder I don't trust anything you write, nor value it.

notacon
11-13-2023, 03:19 PM
Oh...I missed one other misrepresentation...I did not say that "Ken Dorsey should keep his job". What I DID say is that it would be dumb (and counterproductive) to fire him mid-season.

Which, of course, is common sense.

Again, none of what I actually said is "homerism". Not even close. Laying down that silly, false (I guess in some warped sense) insult show extreme ignorance of what "homerism" actually means. It is NOT examples of "homerism" is when one disagrees with the absurd QUITTERIM of the sour pusses.

What IS, without a shred of ANY doubt examples of EXTREME QUITTERISM is saying ""(Josh Allen will) never win a Super Bowl, at least not as a Bill" and VOWING (directed at the Bills) to "...rooting for them to lose from here on out (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/263978-Proud-of-this-team-so-far?p=5048014&viewfull=1#post5048014) (after the Jax game)"

OpIv37
11-13-2023, 03:47 PM
Yes, I know the Bills are 5-4, 9th in the AFC. So what???? Playoff spots are NOT determined after only 9 games. Like I have pointed out in another thread (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/264334-How-many-teams-have-QBs?p=5059957&viewfull=1#post5059957)...in 2021, the season that the other quitter, Opi, say that was THE year for Josh to win the SB....

"...the Bills were 7-6 after the dispiriting OT loss to Tampa Bay, and you were quitting on the team at that time (well...actually you quit on the team almost all the time) assuring us all that it was over."

You are 10% WRONG when you assert that the Bills "worst five game stretch of football since Barkley filled in for Allen in 2018" The Bills have lost three of the past five games.

Last year, Opi was telling us that the Bills sucked after the bye week, despite the fact that they only lost two games.

In 2021, the Bills also lost three of five games (and four of six) between week 6 and 14. Yeah....the same season that Opi said was supposed to be the year the Bills won the SB.

In 2020, they came close losing three of six games between week 5 and week 10.

In 2019, they came close again when they lost three of six games between week 4 and week 10.

Barkley only filed in for ONE game that season, the last game of the year, when they already made the playoffs and rested Allen.

Barkley only filled in for Josh ONE game in 2018. A win vs NYJ in week 10. In FACT, Barkley did not take ONE SNAP in ANY of the Bills 10 losses in 2018!!!

You are not very good with facts, are you??? You don't even bother to check your facts before writing your crap, do you????.

It's also clear in your little tirade of misrepresenting what I have said in the past.....

I never said Edmunds "is elite". What I DID say is that 50 NFL professionals (Gm's, coaches, scouts and players) named him as a top 10 LB four years in a row....2020 (https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/story/_/id/29460392/ranking-nfl-top-10-linebackers-2020-best-hybrid-playmakers-d)….2021 (https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/story/_/id/31765336/ranking-nfl-top-10-linebackers-2021-execs-coaches-players-make-their-picks), 2022 (https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/insider/story/_/id/34168579/ranking-nfl-top-10-ball-linebackers-2022-execs-coaches-players-make-their-picks-best-linebackers) AND 2023 (https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/insider/story/_/id/37773470/ranking-nfl-top-10-ball-linebackers-2023-execs-coaches-players-make-their-picks-best-linebackers) with the highest ranking before this year of #3.

I never said that Leslie Frazier "would make a great HC". What I DID say is that he is highly regarded among NFL professionals and they say he is an excellent coach.

No wonder I don't trust anything you write, nor value it.

Once again, this team is NOT the 2021 team. You are talking in generalities- “any given Sunday, anything is possible,” blah blah.

I am talking about the REALITY of how poorly this team- right now, in 2023- is playing.

Historian
11-13-2023, 04:03 PM
I feel ya. Growing old isn't without loss.

Better to love and lose than to never have loved at all. Or something sappy like that.

I have my lucky Dennis Shaw jersey on if that's any consolation....

:gobills:

sahlensguy
11-13-2023, 04:08 PM
.I have my lucky Dennis Shaw jersey on if that's any consolation....

Oh, that should definitely help!

:cheers:

AverageJoe
11-13-2023, 10:29 PM
Once again, this team is NOT the 2021 team. You are talking in generalities- “any given Sunday, anything is possible,” blah blah.

I am talking about the REALITY of how poorly this team- right now, in 2023- is playing.

It must be admitted the Bills made EVERY effort to prove your point tonight.

It even went beyond our typical clock mismanagement.

notacon
11-13-2023, 10:33 PM
I've been saying it's not over until it's over. Well...it's pretty much over.

That was a disgusting example of crappy ass football. The Bills deserved to lose.

I'm done with this team....until next year.

TacklingDummy
11-13-2023, 10:36 PM

"REALITY" is, your a ****ing ******* and one of the reasons I no longer come to this ****hole site.

Novacane
11-13-2023, 10:37 PM

That was a disgusting example of crappy ass football. The Bills deserved to lose.

They quit on us. No reason for us to keep supporting them.

- - - Updated - - -

"REALITY" is, your a ****ing ******* and one of the reasons I no longer come to this ****hole site.

Hey TD. You do have to admit this team ****ing sucks.

kscdogbillsfan1221
11-13-2023, 10:54 PM
Team is a contender

for a top 10 draft pick!!!! Who can we get?!?

OpIv37
11-13-2023, 11:00 PM

But yet, you’re here. You haven’t blocked me, and you’re still reading and responding to my posts. And I’m right on this one.

So I won’t deny that I’m an *******, but own your decision and don’t put it on me.

sukie
11-13-2023, 11:01 PM

I’ll passively watch every game but I have no stress now.

Big personnel changes coming… we need a higher draft position anyway.

any real OC would instantly not refill his cealis Rx to draw up an offense with Josh Allen. Stress “real”.

Novacane
11-13-2023, 11:04 PM
It must be admitted the Bills made EVERY effort to prove your point tonight.

It even went beyond our typical clock mismanagement.

Your first post after 7 years! Nice to hear from you!

notacon
11-13-2023, 11:32 PM

Yep. It's about to get a LOT worse.

sahlensguy
11-13-2023, 11:33 PM
Yep. It's about to get a LOT worse.

Sad but true

Woodman
11-14-2023, 12:59 AM
I’ll passively watch every game but I have no stress now.

Big personnel changes coming… we need a higher draft position anyway.

any real OC would instantly not refill his cealis Rx to draw up an offense with Josh Allen. Stress “real”.

Reality unless oh forget it. :cheers:

Woodman
11-14-2023, 01:01 AM
Your first post after 7 years! Nice to hear from you!

Why so soon :rofl: AverageJoe

Chet
11-14-2023, 02:24 AM

Welcome to the club. If they keep the same coaches might I advise you to be done with them next year too so we can save ourselves the arguments about the inevitably of failure.

Flush this team. Flush the coaches, flush the washed vets, move on from the obvious draft busts, and get a young offensive HC who understands today’s game.

sukie
11-14-2023, 04:38 AM
Morse, Gabe, Knox will br gone. (Knox after June1) Von cannot be flushed. I assume White and ‘Hoyder’ could go as well.

Historian
11-14-2023, 06:38 AM

Okay, so I poured an iced tea, and put the game on.

I rolled my eyes at the fumble, but was hopeful when the defense held them to a field goal.

Then Josh threw an interception that was out of bounds, luckily.

They moved the ball, and then he threw another interception.

At that point I turned it off, and watched Britbox until 10, then went to bed.

This ELO song sums up my feelings perfectly:

It's over, all over,
It's all over now.
And the way you look,
Don't even mean I'm down.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/84gmKIKTk40?si=z748qTGsnuvLM3fE" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

TheConsigliere
11-14-2023, 07:16 AM
DONE

sukie
11-14-2023, 07:42 AM
Teams a contender. Coaching staff is junior varsity

Forward_Lateral
11-14-2023, 08:42 AM
A contender for a top 10 pick at this point.

What an absolute joke of a franchise, again.

They've found ways to lose in the most brain killing ways. This is like watching the early 2000s Bills again. Melting down where the whole world can see.

This franchise will never be anything but a laughingstock joke. Someone, somewhere, sold their soul to the Football Gods to make sure the Bills never win a superbowl. I'm convinced of it.

notacon
11-14-2023, 10:22 AM
In a pique of anger and disgust I vented (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/264248-Anyone-still-think-this-team-is-a-contender?p=5060473&viewfull=1#post5060473) right after the debacle Denver game.

With time to reflect, I am revising my damnation of this confounding team.

I’ve been chastising those that quit on the team (in some cases for years, and before the season even started) and I am not quitting on this team.

As Novacane observed (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/264248-Anyone-still-think-this-team-is-a-contender?p=5060479&viewfull=1#post5060479) “They quit on us”. Spot on!

With that said, I’ve been saying it's not over until it's over. Well...it's pretty much over.

I'm done defending this team....until next year or until they get their head’s out of their collective asses and get closer to playing up to their capability and talent.

There is little indication that they will do that, but, as a loyal Bills fan I must allow the possibility, no matter how remote, that we will all be surprised.

OpIv37
11-14-2023, 01:41 PM
Well, here we are. I think the team has more than proven that we aren't contenders.

5-5 overall, 3-5 in the conference, 1-2 in the division. 7 games left.

4 are against teams with 6 or more wins- Chiefs, Eagles, Cowboys, Fish.

3 are against teams with losing records- Chargers, Jets, Patriots, but one of those games is a WC road trip and two are against teams that have already beaten us this season (although, if I'm going to bring that up, it's only fair that I mention that we did already beat the Fish).

It's probably going to take 10 wins to get a wild card and I just don't see it with this schedule.

And TBH, even if the missed FG had counted and the Bills had pulled off a win, they played like **** yet again, against a below average team at home. Even if the outcome was different, their play did nothing to convince anyone that they are capable of doing anything with the remaining schedule.

This team is a mess.

Mr. Pink
11-14-2023, 01:43 PM
I think the chances this team finishes below .500 is greater than them making the playoffs at this point.

The upcoming 5 games are a brutal stretch.

And to be honest, we drop another to the Jets and any playoff hopes are gone.

Forward_Lateral
11-14-2023, 01:45 PM
I think the chances this team finishes below .500 is greater than them making the playoffs at this point.

The reality is, they are 5-5, and likely, like OPI pointed out, need 10 wins to get a WC. That leaves next to zero room for error, and losing any more AFC games might damn them anyways, unless they win the AFCE.

OpIv37
11-14-2023, 01:45 PM

4 of the 5 losses are to teams we should have beaten. Another L to a team we should beat wouldn't be shocking at all.

Mr. Pink
11-14-2023, 01:47 PM
The reality is, they are 5-5, and likely, like OPI pointed out, need 10 wins to get a WC. That leaves next to zero room for error, and losing any more AFC games might damn them anyways, unless they win the AFCE.

Winning the division is still an easier task to the playoffs than getting the last wild card.

Pace the Fish, and have the division to play for in week 18 vs trying to get to 10 wins and have a tiebreaker on someone when our conference record is absolute dog crap. I'm not even sure if we can win a wild card spot with 10 wins just because of how bad our conference record is.

Forward_Lateral
11-14-2023, 01:49 PM
4 of the 5 losses are to teams we should have beaten. Another L to a team we should beat wouldn't be shocking at all.
If they come out and look lackadaisical vs the Jets, and lose, McDermott shouldn't even be allowed back into the building on Monday. For all of his talk and "trust this" talk, his motivational abilities seem like they've worn thin. Half of this team looks uninspired. Josh looks like a lost puppy on the sidelines.

Mr. Pink
11-14-2023, 01:50 PM

We don't have many of those games on the schedule anymore. By my count, there are only 2 games where we should, unequivocally, win. Jets and Pats. And we've somehow lost to those two already.

You can't say automatically we should beat the Eagles, Chiefs, Chargers, Dolphins, Cowboys.

Chargers are the easiest game of those 5, and you never know which Dak Prescott and Dallas Cowboy team is going to show up.

And I will say that the Eagles and Chiefs should beat us.

OpIv37
11-14-2023, 02:06 PM
Winning the division is still an easier task to the playoffs than getting the last wild card.

Pace the Fish, and have the division to play for in week 18 vs trying to get to 10 wins and have a tiebreaker on someone when our conference record is absolute dog crap. I'm not even sure if we can win a wild card spot with 10 wins just because of how bad our conference record is.

This could be what saves us. The Dolphins have a good record but all their wins are against sub-.500 teams. They still have to play the Cowboys and Ravens. They are probably not as good as their record shows and winning the div at 9-8 could be possible.

But, then what? We go to the playoffs and we'll have to play the Chiefs, Ravens, Bengals or Jaguars on the road.

Mr. Pink
11-14-2023, 02:16 PM
This could be what saves us. The Dolphins have a good record but all their wins are against sub-.500 teams. They still have to play the Cowboys and Ravens. They are probably not as good as their record shows and winning the div at 9-8 could be possible.

But, then what? We go to the playoffs and we'll have to play the Chiefs, Ravens, Bengals or Jaguars on the road.

We'll get that first round matchup against the likes of the Steelers, Browns, Bengals, Texans at home...do you like any of those matchups?

I certainly don't.

Tomlin is the exact opposite of McDermott and gets way more out of his players than he has any business getting.

The Browns probably have the best defense in football who not only don't give up points but don't give up yards and we don't get chunk plays anymore.

The Bengals just dominate us.

Then there's CJ Stroud who just finds ways to win games and comes up huge in big boy situations.

OpIv37
11-14-2023, 02:54 PM
We'll get that first round matchup against the likes of the Steelers, Browns, Bengals, Texans at home...do you like any of those matchups?

I certainly don't.

Tomlin is the exact opposite of McDermott and gets way more out of his players than he has any business getting.

The Browns probably have the best defense in football who not only don't give up points but don't give up yards and we don't get chunk plays anymore.

The Bengals just dominate us.

Then there's CJ Stroud who just finds ways to win games and comes up huge in big boy situations.

Yeah I forgot Div winners get a home game even if the WC teams have a better record. But I agree- I don’t like any of those matchups.

Jimkelly12203
11-14-2023, 03:48 PM
We need to drop a lot of dead cap weight and draft REALLY well. I get why we took the gamble on Von Miller. But that is money extremely poorly spent at this point. The gamble failed.

Time to re-load.

And, sadly, we now need to get someone that knows how to run an offense in here as well. You're always going to have a chance when you have a talent like Josh, but is this team a contender right now?

Hell no!

DetoxTent
11-14-2023, 07:25 PM
If they come out and look lackadaisical vs the Jets, and lose, McDermott shouldn't even be allowed back into the building on Monday. For all of his talk and "trust this" talk, his motivational abilities seem like they've worn thin. Half of this team looks uninspired. Josh looks like a lost puppy on the sidelines.

If they look lackadaisical we'll know for sure that Dorsey wasn't the only problem.

sukie
11-14-2023, 07:55 PM
If they look lackadaisical we'll know for sure that Dorsey wasn't the only problem.

It’s Dorsey’s plays so yeah it’s still on Dorsey.

Historian
11-15-2023, 06:45 AM
https://scontent-ord5-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/401523144_10231440908673067_2897737613206099170_n.jpg?stp=dst-jpg_p526x296&_nc_cat=103&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=5f2048&_nc_ohc=vzJRe9gclA4AX8C-WLm&_nc_ht=scontent-ord5-2.xx&oh=00_AfDAWRsrLVy_r7rpd2n2kq11j9UGpmX9ib7LFBMAVqjvxg&oe=655A51FB

Ginger Vitis
01-07-2024, 04:56 PM
Well, here we are.

It's probably going to take 10 wins to get a wild card and I just don't see it with this schedule.

Classic

Novacane
01-07-2024, 05:00 PM
In fairness to OP it looked bad.

Chet
01-07-2024, 05:14 PM
And if they lose tonight they’re still not a contender. Don’t bump threads because you received a welfare check from Tennessee. It’s a bad look.

Go nuts if they win tonight, though

POTLAND PSILBYLO
01-07-2024, 05:17 PM
And if they lose tonight they’re still not a contender. Don’t bump threads because you received a welfare check from Tennessee. It’s a bad look.

Go nuts if they win tonight, though

Every team needs other teams to lose to make the playoffs. Just because those losses occur at the end of the year does nothing to separate them from any other loss.

Goobylal
01-07-2024, 05:34 PM
Every team needs other teams to lose to make the playoffs. Just because those losses occur at the end of the year does nothing to separate them from any other loss.

This. Other teams needed the Bills to lose to bad teams for a chance at the playoffs.

Chet
01-07-2024, 05:35 PM
Whatever you need to justify losses to Mac Jones, Zach Wilson, Russell Wilson and near losses to Bailey Zappe, Tyrod Taylor and Easton Stick, then have at it

sukie
01-07-2024, 05:35 PM
Yeah, every team has needs.

Goobylal
01-07-2024, 06:55 PM
Whatever you need to justify losses to Mac Jones, Zach Wilson, Russell Wilson and near losses to Bailey Zappe, Tyrod Taylor and Easton Stick, then have at it

They played-down to the level of their competition. From here on out there are no low level teams.

Kenny
01-07-2024, 07:00 PM
They played-down to the level of their competition. From here on out there are no low level teams.
Yup... put up or shut up time. I want Pittsburgh next week so we better take care of business tonight.

OpIv37
01-07-2024, 07:01 PM

Ok but aren’t you one of the ones that have been saying all season that Miami is a paper tiger and isn’t really that good?

So, either the Bills play down to Miami’s level and lose or Miami is actually a good team so the Bulls will play well. Pick your poison because it cant be both.

OpIv37
01-07-2024, 07:05 PM
Yup... put up or shut up time. I want Pittsburgh next week so we better take care of business tonight.

I don’t love that either. I was at the game 20 years ago when they missed the playoffs losing to Pitt’s backups. I don’t remember if I saw you but I know you were there cuz you go to every game.

The PTSD runs deep….

TacklingDummy
01-07-2024, 07:08 PM

:roflmao:

OpIv37
01-07-2024, 09:29 PM

This was premature. Loss tonight. Loss next week. Like I said from the beginning- ceiling is WC and first round loss.

Joe Fo Sho
01-07-2024, 10:23 PM
This was premature. Loss tonight. Loss next week. Like I said from the beginning- ceiling is WC and first round loss.

You're 10-ply, bud.

justasportsfan
01-07-2024, 10:23 PM

We're 2nd seed. You are FACTUALLY WRONG AS USUAL, which means you will claim victory.

jamze132
01-07-2024, 10:39 PM

Sorry bud we got the division and the 2-seed. I know you’re happy but your negative expectations are really a drag. Enjoy this ride man!!!

cookie G
01-07-2024, 10:45 PM
This was premature.

um...no comment.

Nah...comment

<iframe width="845" height="634" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/xQ96dy93mP0" title="Big Jim Slade!" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Loss tonight. Loss next week. Like I said from the beginning- ceiling is WC and first round loss.

Yeah, you say a lot of things. Like..."this team is not a contender"

Give it up..enjoy the win.

kscdogbillsfan1221
01-07-2024, 11:20 PM
Dude

you’re pretty much never right but are always so confident

I kinda respect it but at the same time, when do you finally cry ‘uncle?’

Gibby 2.0
01-07-2024, 11:26 PM
Dude, why didn't you post this sort of thread in 2018? Six out of seven years, you post these sorts of threads and amazingly good stuff happens. Thanks for being our good luck charm. Please double down on the negativity, its really crucial.

OpIv37
01-08-2024, 12:17 AM
Dude

you’re pretty much never right but are always so confident

I kinda respect it but at the same time, when do you finally cry ‘uncle?’
This team specializes in epic soul-crushing disappointment. I will always expect it to happen but I will always hope I am wrong.

I was wrong this time. No excuses or defenses.

Mad Max
01-08-2024, 12:35 AM
This team specializes in epic soul-crushing disappointment. I will always expect it to happen but I will always hope I am wrong.

I was wrong this time. No excuses or defenses.

what’s your definition of this time?

by the way smart of you to hide from me on my wager proposal. You didn’t have enough faith in your stated belief of Bills doom to risk that lepremonkey avatar hahahahah

Chet
01-08-2024, 03:47 AM
Yep, mea culpa.

They proved tonight they are contenders and the record clearly shows this is a different team since jettisoning Dorsey.

Mr. Pink
01-08-2024, 03:51 AM
Once you get into the playoffs, you're a contender.

We still need to overcome Marty McDermott and while the Bills have a nice winning streak going into the playoffs, we need good Josh Allen to show back up...because bad Josh Allen, while that might be good enough to beat a Steeler team who doesn't score a lot of points, likely won't be good enough to win a divisional round matchup against the likes of KC or Cleveland.

Chet
01-08-2024, 03:55 AM

We still need to overcome Marty McDermott and while the Bills have a nice winning streak going into the playoffs, we need good Josh Allen to show back up...because bad Josh Allen, while that might be good enough to beat a Steeler team who doesn't score a lot of points, likely won't be good enough to win a divisional round matchup against the likes of KC or Cleveland.

The Bucs, Steelers, Texans, Dolphins have no realistic shot at making or winning a SB, just a faint mathematical probability, so I would not call them contenders.

Agree 100% on overcoming Marty, although he made excellent strides last night from what I've read so hope springs eternal.

Always Next Year
01-08-2024, 04:03 AM
This was premature. Loss tonight. Loss next week. 72powpow Like I said from the beginning- ceiling is WC and first round loss.

:troll:

Forward_Lateral
01-08-2024, 06:25 AM

McDermott actually had big brass balls last night.

Novacane
01-08-2024, 07:51 AM
McD has changed since he fired Dorsey. I think he realizes he had to. Mr Conservative wasn't working and Dorsey was the last one he was going to be able to throw under the bus.

jamze132
01-08-2024, 11:23 AM
Since McD has balls now, Brady needs to come up with a shnow plow fake so it’s not keyed on like Miami did. They did a great job defending it.

Forward_Lateral
01-08-2024, 11:28 AM
Since McD has balls now, Brady needs to come up with a shnow plow fake so it’s not keyed on like Miami did. They did a great job defending it.
I wouldn't say they did a great job defending it, they stopped it once out of a handful of times.

That being said, I agree. That last one, you knew Miami was going to stop it. They had the entire team bunched in there.

mightysimi
01-08-2024, 12:06 PM
The jumping really screws the push though so I hope they stop that part of it.

Kenny
01-08-2024, 12:15 PM
I wouldn't say they did a great job defending it, they stopped it once out of a handful of times.

That being said, I agree. That last one, you knew Miami was going to stop it. They had the entire team bunched in there.

Not sure why you wouldnt have a fast guy behind Allen, and then execute a toss play. With soo many big guys on the opposite side of the line, who are all keyed in to this 'tush push', would seem simple to pickup the down.

JoshAllenMVP2021
01-08-2024, 01:02 PM
Yes

POTLAND PSILBYLO
01-08-2024, 02:59 PM

I don't justify them. I'm jus sayin'. The "got in with help" thing happened with the first Miami loss this year.

notacon
01-09-2024, 01:19 PM

:rofl: First of all, "near losses" are irrelevant. Show me the column in the standings that says "near loses". :rolleyes:

One can say the same thing about all of the AFC playoff teams....

Baltimore...Whatever you need to justify losses to Minshew, Pickett and Deshaun Watson.....then have at it

or...Kansas City....Whatever you need to justify losses to Russell Wilson and Aidan O'Connell.....then have at it

or....Houston....Whatever you need to justify losses to Minshew, Desmond Ridder, Bryce Young and Zach Wilson.....then have at it

or...Cleveland....Whatever you need to justify losses to Pickett, Geno Smith and Russel Wilson.....then have at it

or....Miami....Whatever you need to justify losses to Will Levis (after having a FOURTEEN POINT LEAD with LESS THAN three minutes in the game :rofl:)....in Miami's case, the INABILITY to beat Josh Allen (twice), Jalen Hurts, Mahomes (Bills DID beat him) and Lamar Jackson.....then have at it

or...Pittsburgh....Whatever you need to justify losses to Dorian Thompson-Robinson, Kyler Murray, Baily Zappe and Minshew.....then have at it.

Yes, it's common knowledge that the Bills do not play their best against lower quality teams. The fact that five of their six losses (every one by 6 points or less) were to teams that did not qualify for the playoffs.

BUT, the Bills were 5-1 vs teams that playoff teams.

At this point it the now FOUR GAME SEASON, when the Bills play only playoff teams, who gives a flying **** about that record vs NON-Playoff teams?!?!?

You are concentrating (and obsessing) on the wrong stuff.

Typ0
01-09-2024, 04:31 PM
McD has changed since he fired Dorsey. I think he realizes he had to. Mr Conservative wasn't working and Dorsey was the last one he was going to be able to throw under the bus.

This is scary and calls out McDermott for being a manipulative gaslighting narcissist who ruins other people's lives to protect perceptions of himself.

acehole
01-09-2024, 09:21 PM

Yea he she it does that when he can't win the argument.

imbondz
01-09-2024, 09:34 PM
This is scary and calls out McDermott for being a manipulative gaslighting narcissist who ruins other people's lives to protect perceptions of himself.
lol. It does say that but I’m gonna go out on a limb and say we’re all over analyzing it.