Is Josh Allen past his peak or is he throwing games?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ford Pinto
    • Feb 2023

Is Josh Allen past his peak or is he throwing games?

Great, great arm. But he doesn't seem to be able to move a team down the field with "baby" steps.
    I don't think he can do much more on a really talented team.
  • Novacane
    • Jul 2002

Re: Is Josh Allen past his peak or is he throwing games?

Neither. It's primarily coaching plus he looks like he's lost all confidence. They tried to fix something that wasn't broken.

Comment

• Buffalogic
      Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
      • Feb 2006

The major difference is look how many easy plays we see our opposition get that are one or two yard passes that go for wide open tds. We never have that, ever. It’s a coaching problem. This is what happens when you let someone practice at a job that they’ve never had before. It was a colossal misstep hiring someone with zero experience as a play caller.

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

He’s a freak of an athlete but makes poor decisions and doesn’t have the talent around him.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• sukie
          Seriously?
          • Sep 2012

3 yard pickups are a struggle… shouldn’t be. That’s Dorsey and personnel

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
            • Aug 2004

It's been a transition for him. In his breakout year of 2020, every completion is like 15 - 20 yards. This year, it is more of 5 yard variety, and defenses have been more disciplined when he scrambles - a lot less big play there.

The problem, to my eyes, is the balance of looking for big plays at the right time and making it. He missed a couple today. The Davis endzone throw is too fast and too high (The Diggs one is much better). The Harty one is simply over thrown and to the wrong side. The defense right now can get a beat on him of what he's doing. The inability to run the ball only compounds the problem. And that's the frustrating part to me: in the end, we are resorting to the same old all on Josh thing, running game is Josh, passing game is Josh, and we all know he won't last long in NFL that way.

I think his shopulder may still bother him some. The kind of honey hole throw where the ball goes between defenders, in the past he's able to zip in if the under defender is a little bit behind. This year, already a few times we saw the under defenders were able to race back and pickoff the ball.

Comment

• Woodman
              Legendary Zoner
              • Apr 2014

Dorsey not good enough

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• Woodman
                Legendary Zoner
                • Apr 2014

Turnovers killed any momentum ..... short armed to Gabe who had his guy beat bad and of course the tough one that Kincaid had.

Josh needs to learn to lay it out in front ..... is that arm hurt

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• Borosai
                  • Sep 2003

Allen needs to be a smarter QB. He doesn't seem very interested in working on that, so he NEEDS an OC that will help him. Dorsey is not that guy. Neither is McD.

Comment

• jamze132
                    • Jun 2003

This falls on Dorsey for not putting him and the offense in better positions. Stupid play calling most if the time. Josh needs to study more.

Comment

• YardRat
                      Well, lookie here...
                      • Dec 2004

Still waiting for him to get smarter and becoming surgical in dissecting opponent's defenses. Dorsey gets a lot of hate and he certainly isn't perfect, but the same complaints were made about Daboll when he was here. Part of the running game problem is Josh not making the right calls at the right time, everybody knows he has checks and makes the final call before the ball is snapped. Hell, this is year six with a veteran supporting cast, if he's really prepared he can pull a play from anywhere that isn't even in this week's game plan and run it if he matches it up with a weak point in the D he identified.

He hasn't progressed, if anything he's regressed, since 13 seconds and it's going to be really disappointing if this is his ceiling.
                      YardRat Wall of Fame
                      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                        • Mar 2004

He made one mistake.

This fanbase has become the absolute worst in the NFL.

If' I'm Josh I demand a trade this offseason to a city that would appreciate me, not some toilet town where every time I make a mistake the fans turn on me.

What an absolute joke you people are.

Comment

• YardRat
                          Well, lookie here...
                          • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
                          He made one mistake.

This fanbase has become the absolute worst in the NFL.

If' I'm Josh I demand a trade this offseason to a city that would appreciate me, not some toilet town where every time I make a mistake the fans turn on me.

What an absolute joke you people are.
                          I wouldn't want any other QB in the league right now, but the fact is he has made more mistakes than anybody since he has been in the league, and that's just a simple stat without getting into the nuances of the game and the position.

The truth sucks, but it is the truth.
                          YardRat Wall of Fame
                          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                            I wouldn't want any other QB in the league right now, but the fact is he has made more mistakes than anybody since he has been in the league, and that's just a simple stat without getting into the nuances of the game and the position.

The truth sucks, but it is the truth.
                            Yes, he makes mistakes. He's not making RECKLESS mistakes. His INT's this year are bad reads, bad throws, tipped balls. Those happen. He's not doing dumb stuff with the football.

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
                              • Aug 2004

After Allen's INT, I see him being a little bit gun-shy, not pulling the trigger as fast as confidently he was earlier, resulting ugly sacks. Right there it shows the gap between Allen and guys like Brady/Rogers etc. And that is where I believe Daboll was better for him in the past. Coaching the psychology of your QB is an important part of a coach, not just Xs and Os. Call something simple, quick to build some confidence in your guy. Maybe run him some to have some positives. Don't let it snowball into longer stretch of the game. To say Allen is where he's today and not a Sam Darnold, Allen himself is most important but Daboll had a big hand in there, too.

The other part I believe Daboll was better is the quickness in finding adjustments. Dorsey just might be a bit green as a young OC guy. You see this trend now where the Bills offense finding its stride late in games, often too late where your defense is gassed and time is running out.

Comment

Working...
                              X