X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsFanCupp38
    • Mar 2004

Time to face reality. Joe Burrow is better than Josh Allen

It pains me to say this but it's true. I can't stand burrow but this is the reality. Josh isn't good in high pressure games and burrow is. Burrow has been to the super bowl, Josh Allen hasn't. Burrow plays cool under pressure, Josh doesn't. Josh turns the ball over and burrow doesn't. Josh is relying on physical talent and burrow is relying on his understanding of the game. Burrow is better than Allen.
    Jeremy Cupp
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: Time to face reality. Joe Burrow is better than Josh Allen

So many teams have surpassed us. Bengals are one of them
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• BillsFanCupp38
      • Mar 2004

Yeah I think our year was probably 13 seconds. This thing needs to get blown up and start over. Probably 2 or three years from a legitimate shot at the super bowl. Don't get me wrong I think we can do it but not with these current core players.
      Jeremy Cupp

Comment

• Novacane
        • Jul 2002

Maybe. Burrow has a better team around him and better coaching for sure.

Comment

• Mad Max
          Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
          • Mar 2003

I have faced the reality that Zac Taylor is a better HC than McDermott

Comment

• Novacane
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mad Max View Post

Agree. And Taylor is not very impressive!

Comment

• BillsFanCupp38
              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Novacane View Post
              Maybe. Burrow has a better team around him and better coaching for sure.
              I would agree with that. That's probably why this thing needs to get blown up. We missed our shot. Need to get younger and cheaper.
              Jeremy Cupp

Comment

• sahlensguy
                • Mar 2015

Oof

Comment

• Buffalogic
                  Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
                  • Feb 2006

Interesting to come away with this take with how the game played out.

Comment

• YardRat
                    Well, lookie here...
                    • Dec 2004

No argument. Still waiting for Josh to grow more after 13 seconds, and he hasn't.
                    YardRat Wall of Fame
                    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Woodman
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Mad Max View Post
                      Is he or is his supporting cast better .... coaching staff and 3 very good WR's

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• Woodman
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Woodman View Post
                        Is he or is his supporting cast better .... coaching staff and 3 very good WR's
                        When they lose either of the top 2 WR's Tee Higgins or Ja'Marr Chase they're pretty much done.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• Historian
                          2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                          • Dec 2002

I disagree on the premise, and I think the problem again, is Dorsey.

Bombs away...every play.

Cinci plays a modified WCO, that dinks and dunks until they get single coverage...then boom.

On Josh's interception, Diggs was wide open underneath, would have been at least a 5-6 yard gain.

Nah, we throw the deep 25 yard out pattern, and there's nowhere to go with the ball.

Comment

• kingJofNYC
                            • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Historian View Post
                            I disagree on the premise, and I think the problem again, is Dorsey.

Bombs away...every play.

Cinci plays a modified WCO, that dinks and dunks until they get single coverage...then boom.

On Josh's interception, Diggs was wide open underneath, would have been at least a 5-6 yard gain.

Nah, we throw the deep 25 yard out pattern, and there's nowhere to go with the ball.
                            Josh is throwing shorter than ever in his recent career if you look at ADOT, average depth of target. So it's not Bombs away. I mean you are 100% right, Diggs was open on the Josh interception, it was a Stick concept. Slot WR routes an option route and outside wr goes up field to pull defenders. Josh pumped the short throw and threw it to Davis, he should have taken the easy yards like Tom was telling him to on podcast. There's a lot you can say about Dorsey's offense, I mean it's not even his offense, he's just calling the plays, but you can't blame him for the int. That was on Josh, he has the choice, throw the easy 5 yards, or try for a harder throw that was clearly taken away by the defender. That's what happens when we're down 14-7 and Josh starts to press, he takes more risks when it should be the opposite. Can't go broke picking up nickels.

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                              My battery is low and it's getting dark.
                              • Apr 2004

That play to the outside to Davis has resulted in as many interceptions as completions. It's like they are baiting him and that pump fake to the short middle is a tell more than a fake.

Either do something else within that action or take it out of the playbook.

I'm on Team-Dorsey should have never been given the keys to this offense.

We were a Superbowl contender but now defenses have us pegged.

You can blame Josh for his tendencies but those tendencies won us a lot of games.

Enter the "please don't hurt yourself Josh" and the "this hasn't worked yet but I know it will" offense.
                              Last edited by ParanoidAndroid; 11-06-2023, 09:46 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X