PDA

View Full Version : nottie

Cntrygal
11-06-2023, 05:39 AM
I'm really hoping something changes and a light gets turned on at OBD and I don't have to change the quote in my signature. It's one of my favs.... :sigh:

YardRat
11-06-2023, 06:08 AM
I wish I had some positive words to re-establish some optimism, but this season so far really hasn't been much of a surprise. This is who they are.

Woodman
11-06-2023, 06:34 AM
This is what we have .... still though optimistic and believe that we can make a move ....

Jimmy V ..... if you know what I mean.

ParanoidAndroid
11-06-2023, 11:43 AM
This defense just isn't as good up the middle without Jones, Milano and our two safeties that seem to be slowing down after holding this D together for several years.

The offense is a product of losing Daboll. He called a better game. Dorsey is predictable and doesn't have the chops.

We are headed for a defensive re-tooling at safety, CB (again), DT depth, LB depth, and I wouldn't be surprised to see Von consider retirement if this team can't contend.

We need a legit #2WR, a new C, and most of all, a legit OC who can get more out of Josh.

Woodman
11-06-2023, 12:04 PM
This defense just isn't as good up the middle without Jones, Milano and our two safeties that seem to be slowing down after holding this D together for several years.

The offense is a product of losing Daboll. He called a better game. Dorsey is predictable and doesn't have the chops.

We are headed for a defensive re-tooling at safety, CB (again), DT depth, LB depth, and I wouldn't be surprised to see Von consider retirement if this team can't contend.

We need a legit #2WR, a new C, and most of all, a legit OC who can get more out of Josh.

I hope we get to see more of Linval Joseph.

Von Miller retiring might be the best thing for our D after this season.

Money held hostage that we need to spread around.

Ingtar33
11-06-2023, 12:09 PM
I get the feeling Dorsey just doesn't have it in him to call out JA in film review. The problems I've seen could be corrected with some sternness from the OC... just keep JA taking the low in a high/low concept, until the defense starts cheating. THEN take your shots down field. He'd probably throw 1/3 the INTs with an OC able to keep that tendency reigned in alone.

Woodman
11-06-2023, 12:12 PM
I get the feeling Dorsey just doesn't have it in him to call out JA in film review. The problems I've seen could be corrected with some sternness from the OC... just keep JA taking the low in a high/low concept, until the defense starts cheating. THEN take your shots down field. He'd probably throw 1/3 the INTs with an OC able to keep that tendency reigned in alone.
Josh should be going to him and saying these things ..... get on the same page.

Discipline, hard work and attention to detail will take them far .... without that .... no way.

justasportsfan
11-06-2023, 01:49 PM

Dorsey isnt a good teacher as Daboll was and Daboll had way less to work with in terms of talent.
Receivers arent getting open in this scheme. The ones we brought in had so much promise and now they are useless.

Mr. Pink
11-06-2023, 02:13 PM
Dorsey isnt a good teacher as Daboll was and Daboll had way less to work with in terms of talent.
Receivers arent getting open in this scheme. The ones we brought in had so much promise and now they are useless.

We just don't use them. It's this teams M.O. as of recent.

Harty is barely on the field. Sherfield is barely on the field. Hines last year maybe had 10 offensive touches after he was traded for.

It took basically a year and a half to figure out how to get Shakir involved in the offense.

It took half a season and an injury to Knox to figure out how to get Kinkaid involved in the offense.

Can't wait to see Fournette not be used!

YardRat
11-06-2023, 03:52 PM
Dorsey has a pretty big ego...and obviously a short fuse...I have a hard time believing he has a problem telling Josh what is on his mind.

Woodman
11-06-2023, 04:03 PM

Very disappointed in the WR's we brought in.

We need a reliable type like Beasley was in his 1st couple years with us.

Maybe Kincaid will be that plus.

Gabe Davis has had a disappointing campaign so far.

I do like Shakir though.

We miss Knox not being available along with Kincaid. (2 TE sets are tough on any defense)

Maybe we'll get a look at Fournette before too much longer.

sahlensguy
11-06-2023, 05:46 PM
Dorsey has a pretty big ego...and obviously a short fuse...I have a hard time believing he has a problem telling Josh what is on his mind.

Sure. Like the start of training camp last season when Josh told Dorsey to call the plays in on the mic so Josh could get used to hearing Ken's voice in his helmet.

Dorsey is Josh's *****.

Novacane
11-06-2023, 06:00 PM
I have a feeling most of the offensive players hate Dorsey. They need to have a Raiders/McDaniels style meeting and let him know what a dumb ass he is.

sahlensguy
11-06-2023, 06:21 PM
I have a feeling most of the offensive players hate Dorsey. They need to have a Raiders/McDaniels style meeting and let him know what a dumb ass he is.

He's McD's yes man.

McD has to go and then bring in an offensive minded HC. Our current structure is just another square peg in a round hole problem.

notacon
11-07-2023, 01:42 PM
I'm really hoping something changes and a light gets turned on at OBD and I don't have to change the quote in my signature. It's one of my favs.... :sigh:

I have signatures tuned off, and have had them turned off almost all the time. I turned them on to see what you are quoting, and I'm flattered that you chose to memorialize my words.

"The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair."

Yeah....it looks pretty grim these days. But, as I have said many times....it ain't over until it's over.

The Bills have NOT folded like a cheap lawn chair (evidence that they have would be a blow out loss, instead every loss has been a "one possession" one)....yet. I'm optimistic as always (that's my nature....I've never been able to comprehend the clinical malady of "depression") and we will see soon enough if the Bills are as resilient as they were when I wrote that.

I have been pounding the drum for some time that this team's issues are on offense....despite the generally accepted meme that the Bills and Allen represent an "explosive offense". That IS true most of the time, but when they lose, it's more likely the offense under-performing than the defense.

I have been preaching that last season every game we lost was because of the offense and in particular, Josh Allen's penchant for way too many mistakes. Lack of scoring is now an even bigger issue this year.

It was noted in the Buffalo News that the Bills have failed to score 25 or more points in five consecutive games. Something that has not been seen since Allen's rookie year and even then, that was a stretch of games (six) where Josh did not play in three of them. So, this is the first time in Josh Allen's career that the team he QB'ed has failed to score 25 point in five consecutive games.

Is it play calling?....lack of #2 WR??....lack of ability to running the ball?.....lack of commitment to running the ball?....bad luck?....bad referees?....Josh's boneheaded mistakes???....probably a little of all of these things.

Why am I still optimistic???? Because these issues are ALL eminently fixable. Josh Allen's boneheaded plays that cost the Bills games are grossly overshadowed by super-man Josh that wins games.

There are 8 games left in the season. The Bills MUST win the next two, and show some signs that they are getting out of their rut.

7-4 going into Philly is not the end of the world. Yes, the next three games after that are tough, but every one of them is very winnable. I would not be surprised in the least if the Bills go 2-1, for a 9-5 record going into the three game final stretch. ALL games the Bills should win.

12-5 record. AFCE crown. Just like I predicted would be possible back in May 2023.

Yes, a 7-1 record the rest of the season is possible. Just like last year when after the gloomy days after the Minny (improbable loss because Josh could not successfully complete a kneel down :rolleyes:) I predicted they would go on a six game win streak before the pivotal Cincy death game. They did exactly that.

And just like in 2021, when it looked like doom and gloom after the frustrating loss to NE in the hurricane game and then the painful OT loss to TB, that saw the Bills mired in a dismal 7-6 record, TWO FULL GAMES behind first place NE, barely hanging on to a wild card spot.

I was optimistic then that the Bills would win out, and take the AFCE crown. They did exactly that, beating NE on the road in convincing manner. Met then again in the first round of the playoffs and CRUSHED them (the No-Punt game).

In other words, this team HAS, in FACT shown they ARE a "resilient bunch". I have no reason to think they will not be once again. I'll wait until they actually DIE before burying them.

Chet
11-07-2023, 02:04 PM
He's McD's yes man.

McD has to go and then bring in an offensive minded HC. Our current structure is just another square peg in a round hole problem.

Yep, now that both McD and Dorsey have been exposed as frauds their only path remaining to job security is staying in Josh's good graces and telling him what he wants to hear

notacon
11-08-2023, 01:10 PM
Yep, now that both McD and Dorsey have been exposed as frauds their only path remaining to job security is staying in Josh's good graces and telling him what he wants to hear

:rofl: The frauds are those quitters who pose as Bills "fans".