PDA

View Full Version : I think I'm done with the NFL

Forward_Lateral
11-06-2023, 06:14 AM
Last night was the final straw. The officiating was absolute garbage.

First, Kincaid gets blatantly tripped IN FRONT OF THE REF. No call. Then, they call grounding on a play that happens all the time, and is never called.

Fast forward to the 2nd half, the defender has a hold of Gabe's facemask while he's trying to catch the missed TD pass.

Then, on the final Mixon run, a BLATANT hold on Norman, which allowed Mixon to get the first down.

Those are penalties that have a direct outcome on the game, it's absolutely ridiculous. I'm sick and tired of year after year the Bills being on the bad end of garbage officiating.

Was it the reason they lost? No, but it sure had a big impact on the game.

Woodman
11-06-2023, 07:02 AM
Last night was the final straw. The officiating was absolute garbage.

First, Kincaid gets blatantly tripped IN FRONT OF THE REF. No call. Then, they call grounding on a play that happens all the time, and is never called.

Fast forward to the 2nd half, the defender has a hold of Gabe's facemask while he's trying to catch the missed TD pass.

Then, on the final Mixon run, a BLATANT hold on Norman, which allowed Mixon to get the first down.

Those are penalties that have a direct outcome on the game, it's absolutely ridiculous. I'm sick and tired of year after year the Bills being on the bad end of garbage officiating.

Was it the reason they lost? No, but it sure had a big impact on the game.

Perfectly said! :10:

Sad part there were more examples of obvious favoritism ..... just tires you out as a fan.

To me taunting is much different from the one called on Josh's big play ..... **** like that went on all night long, just not acceptable .... but we live with it every year as fans and should not have to put up with the ****.

Historian
11-06-2023, 08:58 AM
Yea, taunting on the quarterback...right.

Since legalized gambling took over this league, I mean you can bet on yardage, field goals, whatever aspect of the game you want, this has all been a sham.

I'm almost done with it.

Woodman
11-06-2023, 09:02 AM
Yea, taunting on the quarterback...right.

Since legalized gambling took over this league, I mean you can bet on yardage, field goals, whatever aspect of the game you want, this has all been a sham.

I'm almost done with it.

I'm considering a bye week .... but by Monday Night I could fold under pressure.

Goobylal
11-06-2023, 09:50 AM
That intentional grounding call was so crooked. It pushed them out of FG range and wasn't even grounding since he wasn't in imminent danger of being sacked. Never mind that every game I see there is at least 1 play by a QB who throws the ball out of bounds where the receiver has no chance to catch it and never gets called.

Bill Cody
11-06-2023, 10:45 AM
That intentional grounding call was so crooked. It pushed them out of FG range and wasn't even grounding since he wasn't in imminent danger of being sacked. Never mind that every game I see there is at least 1 play by a QB who throws the ball out of bounds where the receiver has no chance to catch it and never gets called.

If the QB is outside the tackle box he can throw it in the stands if he wants

Novacane
11-06-2023, 10:58 AM
I wish I could walk away. It's not fun anymore. A 45 year habit is really hard to break though.

Forward_Lateral
11-06-2023, 11:57 AM
I wish I could walk away. It's not fun anymore. A 45 year habit is really hard to break though.
It's not even the Bills losing that bothers me as much as how crooked the league appears to be across the board.

Mr. Pink
11-06-2023, 12:01 PM
Every year we seem to have a thread like this pointing to the refs.

They're bad. Across the board around the league bad.

They've been bad for my lifetime of being a football fan.

How bad they are is why instant replay was brought into the league to begin with and then brought back after a short hiatus.

So the players need to make enough plays to negate the poor officiating so it doesn't cost them a game.

Forward_Lateral
11-06-2023, 12:04 PM
Every year we seem to have a thread like this pointing to the refs.

They're bad. Across the board around the league bad.

They've been bad for my lifetime of being a football fan.

How bad they are is why instant replay was brought into the league to begin with and then brought back after a short hiatus.

So the players need to make enough plays to negate the poor officiating so it doesn't cost them a game.
I agree with all of this,

But I would also like to add the following

WHY THE FLUCK DOESN'T THE NFL DO SOMETHING TO ADDRESS THIS?

sahlensguy
11-06-2023, 12:10 PM
Man, Conrad Dobler wishes he had these refs.

DraftBoy
11-06-2023, 12:10 PM

Because there is no incentive to correct it.

sahlensguy
11-06-2023, 12:49 PM
Classic case of cognitive dissonance. You're not really quitting now because of the refs.

No. You're quitting now because the Bills suck and the only hope for the foreseeable future is that for other teams to suck worse.

Forward_Lateral
11-06-2023, 01:00 PM
Classic case of cognitive dissonance. You're not really quitting now because of the refs.

No. You're quitting now because the Bills suck and the only hope for the foreseeable future is that for other teams to suck worse.
I just forsee what's coming, and I really don't want to relive that again.

yordad
11-06-2023, 01:11 PM
Not to mention the week roughing the passer penalty

sahlensguy
11-06-2023, 01:39 PM
I just forsee what's coming, and I really don't want to relive that again.

Yeah, it's maddening watch OBD kill their golden goose

OpIv37
11-06-2023, 01:55 PM

Because fans are still watching despite the poor officiating. There is no reason for the NFL to spend the time and money to fix it. It won’t earn them any more fans or profits

Goobylal
11-06-2023, 02:02 PM
Because fans are still watching despite the poor officiating. There is no reason for the NFL to spend the time and money to fix it. It won’t earn them any more fans or profits

I've known that for decades. It's a business and they'll do whatever makes them more money/costs them less money.