• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BuffaloBlitz83
    We play to win the game!
    • Oct 2009

Joe Brady

Can this guy be a good interim OC rest of way? Move Dorsey back to qb coach.
  • ParanoidAndroid
    My battery is low and it's getting dark.
    • Apr 2004

Re: Joe Brady

I don't think an internal promotion is going to make a significant difference, especially if you're keeping Dorsey around.

Dorsey has 8 games to fix this.

If he doesn't, go find a real OC in the off-season.

And Daboll isn't going to be fired unless things get a lot worse to where he loses that locker room.

I would say go get McDaniels but the stories coming out of LV are not good.

Comment

• Woodman
      Legendary Zoner
      • Apr 2014

Originally posted by ParanoidAndroid View Post
      I don't think an internal promotion is going to make a significant difference, especially if you're keeping Dorsey around.

Dorsey has 8 games to fix this.

If he doesn't, go find a real OC in the off-season.

And Daboll isn't going to be fired unless things get a lot worse to where he loses that locker room.

I would say go get McDaniels but the stories coming out of LV are not good.
      Damn did his stock go down!!

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• Woodman
        Legendary Zoner
        • Apr 2014

Originally posted by BuffaloBlitz83 View Post
        Can this guy be a good interim OC rest of way? Move Dorsey back to qb coach.
        I wish they would try something.

They'll probably just play it out though.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• mightysimi
          Buckle me in on the highway of sin
          • Mar 2010

He was fired half way through a season himself. I think it will be an off season fix.

Comment

• YardRat
            Well, lookie here...
            • Dec 2004

They aren't going to demote Dorsey and have him around the building still, if they go in a different direction at OC he'll be gone completely...as it should be.

They need to bring back Davis Webb, Josh hasn't been the same since he's been gone.
            YardRat Wall of Fame
            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Mace
              Haha...yeah you think so ?
              • Mar 2013

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
              They aren't going to demote Dorsey and have him around the building still, if they go in a different direction at OC he'll be gone completely...as it should be.

They need to bring back Davis Webb, Josh hasn't been the same since he's been gone.
              If Allen is that delicate that Davis Webb was a critical component, I don't even know what to say.

Brady had a rep as an up and coming offensive mind. I frankly doubt the clenched McDermott lets any OC roll with their thoughts, not even Daboll. I'm not sure it's even all about Dorsey. I think it's about McDermott across the board.

Comment

• Luisito23
                Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
                • Apr 2003

Originally posted by Mace View Post
                If Allen is that delicate that Davis Webb was a critical component, I don't even know what to say.
                LOL, it's always an excuse with him...

Davis Webb now?...
                "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
                ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
                ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
                ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• justasportsfan
                  • Jul 2002

Not as much as I keep saying Josh was better under Daboll, I'm sure if our offensive coaches are the problem or McD's conservative approach .
                  sacrifice1
                  https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• YardRat
                    Well, lookie here...
                    • Dec 2004

Brady had a rep as an up and coming offensive mind. I frankly doubt the clenched McDermott lets any OC roll with their thoughts, not even Daboll. I'm not sure it's even all about Dorsey. I think it's about McDermott across the board.
                    Won't really disagree, Allen should be at the point where he is basically the one 'in charge' regardless of who the OC and QB coach is.

But he isn't.

IMO Webb was a valuable asset for Josh in the film room and on Sundays, pointing things out to Josh that he isn't seeing himself.
                    YardRat Wall of Fame
                    #56 DARRYL TALLEY

Comment

• YardRat
                      Well, lookie here...
                      • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Luisito23 View Post
                      LOL, it's always an excuse with him...

Davis Webb now?...
                      If that's directed at me, I've probably been a more vocal critic of Josh, for a longer period of time, than just about anybody.
                      YardRat Wall of Fame
                      #56 DARRYL TALLEY

Comment

• Luisito23
                        Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
                        • Apr 2003

If that's directed at me, I've probably been a more vocal critic of Josh, for a longer period of time, than just about anybody.
                        No, I wasn't talking about you, Yard...

Everywhere I've read, it has always been a river of excuses for Allen...

I like the guy, but ***, enough is enough.
                        "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
                        ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
                        ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
                        ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• Mace
                          Haha...yeah you think so ?
                          • Mar 2013

Won't really disagree, Allen should be at the point where he is basically the one 'in charge' regardless of who the OC and QB coach is.

But he isn't.

IMO Webb was a valuable asset for Josh in the film room and on Sundays, pointing things out to Josh that he isn't seeing himself.
                          Oh, I'm not discounting that Webb was a part of it, hombre. But I think that was also a part of a hungry learning culture for Allen that he's moving away from. He's not always on his iPad anymore, and he seems complacent in parroting McDermott's catchphrases. The staff and the players are all doing it now, it's a veteran roster that needs x's and o's but has a motivational HC with catchphrases. When all else fails, what the coach said.

McDermott's latest is "complimentary football". It's common sense. And it's also common sense that you'll have units that might fail game day, and you have to adapt other ones to compensate....a more aggressive O or D...."complimentary football" is also a catchphrase for a clenching conservative game. McDermott said during his press conference, he needed to find out why they weren't doing certain things. But he's on the headset with these guys all game, he can ask them in real time when it matters. Other teams do this.

McDermott also has his input to Dorsey.....https://billswire.usatoday.com/2023/...s-offense-nfl/

Going back to Daboll....they still do the same things.....erratic offense, inexplicable plays, confused timeouts.....If you're Dorsey or Daboll, you want to use your toys. Allen is a great toy. He thrives in no huddle or up tempo.....but that's anathema to McDermott....omg it's fast and loose....it's crazy......Daboll did not have the same tendencies running the undermanned Giants to the playoffs....he was all about pushing Jones to let it loose. It collapsed this year because they just don't have the players.

So Allen is getting apathetic. They keep throttling it back because McDermott is suffering in a new world. They have speed and personnel, Beane did a good job stocking them with possibilities....then game day comes, and McDermott thinks we're the early 90's Giants for a complementary game against a contender building up steam.

If McDermott won't evolve, the team won't either and eventually they tune out potential in favor of going in to work and coming home because the boss said it's ok, instead of trying to excel or achieve. This deep into the program, that's where they are, they aren't hungry or striving, they're complacent. Davis Webb left for a reason.

Allen can't grow any more under McDermott unless McDermott starts understanding it's ok to know what he doesn't know and manage coordinators without his horror at what they might do.

Comment

• sahlensguy
                            • Mar 2015

If the Bill's continue in decline and McD stays on, might as well trade Josh.

It will never work with McD as the boss. Like you say, we'll never get the OC needed while he is here. Need to hire an offensive HC who will hold Josh accountable. Time is no longer on Allen's side to evolve into a more complete QB and less of a guy who tries to win the game on each throw.

The change needs to happen this off-season or Josh's career is toast imo. At that point, might as well trade him for now for a new stadium full of assets to a team like the Giants.

Comment

• Mad Max
                              Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
                              • Mar 2003

If/when Pegula makes moves I’d like a clean break with Carolina.

no more Carolina retreads (which includes Joe Brady)

Comment

Working...
                              X