PDA

View Full Version : I've Never Hated a Buffalo Coach as Much as I hate McD...

Luisito23
11-06-2023, 04:42 PM
In all of my years of being a Buffalo Bills' fan, there's never been a coach I've despised more than this clown...

And that's saying a lot...

I can't read, hear, or watch anything he does anymore, and it started way before the 13 seconds garbage...

I count the days when this guy is finally, nothing but a bad memory.

Woodman
11-06-2023, 04:45 PM
Your young :cheers:

Hank Bullough.

Mike Mularkey

Greg Williams

Mad Max
11-06-2023, 04:47 PM
In all of my years of being a Buffalo Bills' fan, there's never been a coach I've despised more than this clown...

And that's saying a lot...

I can't read, hear, or watch anything he does anymore, and it started way before the 13 seconds garbage...

I count the days when this guy is finally, nothing but a bad memory.

I get folks are upset after another loss…but you despise McDermott worse than Jauron? Greg Williams? Marrone? Sexy Rexy?

I’m in the camp that he needs replacing but let’s not get carried away.

Luisito23
11-06-2023, 04:56 PM
you despise McDermott worse than Jauron? Greg Williams? Marrone? Sexy Rexy?

Yes, I do...

All garbage coaches, but...

JP. Lostman..Rob Johnson...EJ Manuel..Trent Edwards...

What's McD's excuse?

YardRat
11-06-2023, 05:03 PM
Wrecks Wryan is at the top of my list. Not far behind is Hank Bullough, Harvey Johnson and Gregg Williams.

Luisito23
11-06-2023, 05:08 PM
Wrecks Wryan is at the top of my list.

LOL, at least he was entertaining...:clown:

Mace
11-06-2023, 05:12 PM
I don't think I'll ever get past Jauron, my friend.

"Well, we went out there to play football and compete.....the other team did too.....they played football and competed.....we did too....and....uh....the game came down to who scored more points.....it always does....because we were competing.....and played some football....but they did too....I mean competing and playing football....and well....ah....the way it ended was a competition between teams competing and playing football....we'll go out there again next week to compete with another team playing football....and they'll mean to play some football with us and compete.....and score more points because that's how it is in this league....you go and compete to score some points.....and the other team is doing that too....."

OpIv37
11-06-2023, 05:59 PM
I get folks are upset after another loss…but you despise McDermott worse than Jauron? Greg Williams? Marrone? Sexy Rexy?

I’m in the camp that he needs replacing but let’s not get carried away.

All those are worse than McD but I see the OP’s point for one reason: All those coaches were losers but they never had the high powered O that McD does. They didn’t have a top 5 QB like McD does.

If any of the coaches you mentioned actually coached well, those rosters would have gotten them a wild card. If McD could coach well, we would have won a SB.

sahlensguy
11-06-2023, 06:24 PM
McD got the team and everyone else through the Hamlin incident, on top of all the other trauma's of last season. And for it, he'll never be that hated.

sukie
11-06-2023, 06:34 PM
All those are worse than McD but I see the OP’s point for one reason: All those coaches were losers but they never had the high powered O that McD does. They didn’t have a top 5 QB like McD does.

If any of the coaches you mentioned actually coached well, those rosters would have gotten them a wild card. If McD could coach well, we would have won a SB.

Coaching AND execution on the field wins super owls. Bellicheck won squat at the white board

Luisito23
11-06-2023, 07:16 PM
he'll never be that hated.

I hate McD. the coach, have nothing, whatsoever against him aa a person.

OpIv37
11-06-2023, 08:29 PM
Coaching AND execution on the field wins super owls. Bellicheck won squat at the white board
We had execution in 21 and 22.

BillsFanCupp38
11-07-2023, 12:23 AM
Stop. McDermott is a good football coach. He's second only to Levy.

Mr. Pink
11-07-2023, 12:53 AM
I've never seen a coach get less with more than Marty McDermott.

As bad as the coaches like Bullough, Stephenson, Williams, etc were...look at the talent level those rosters had.

Not only were we overmatched on the sidelines in a lot of games, we were overmatched on the field.

We are no longer overmatched on the field, but we're overmatched on the sidelines week after week.

Chet
11-07-2023, 04:25 AM
Send him packing the Leslie Frazier way so he can keep his dignity. If he leaves quietly now then give him a place in the ring of honor once a more competent coach who has evolved with today’s game wins us the SB. McD deserves that for ending the drought and returning respect to the franchise.

He has to go though. Can’t motivate, can’t adapt, and the team is backsliding

Historian
11-07-2023, 04:55 AM
I don't think I'll ever get past Jauron, my friend.

"Well, we went out there to play football and compete.....the other team did too.....they played football and competed.....we did too....and....uh....the game came down to who scored more points.....it always does....because we were competing.....and played some football....but they did too....I mean competing and playing football....and well....ah....the way it ended was a competition between teams competing and playing football....we'll go out there again next week to compete with another team playing football....and they'll mean to play some football with us and compete.....and score more points because that's how it is in this league....you go and compete to score some points.....and the other team is doing that too....."
KAY STEVENSON: "I saw alota character out there."

Final Score: Jets 42, Bills 3.

Novacane
11-07-2023, 04:59 AM
Stop. McDermott is a good football coach. He's second only to Levy.

What did they both have in common?

kscdogbillsfan1221
11-07-2023, 05:18 AM

Nothing
levy went to 5 afc championship (I think) and won 4 of them

Mad Bomber
11-07-2023, 06:29 AM

Hank Bullough.

Mike Mularkey

Greg Williams
Harvey Johnson

sahlensguy
11-07-2023, 07:10 AM

Hank Bullough.

Mike Mularkey

Greg Williams

Gregg Williams

BillsFanCupp38
11-07-2023, 07:51 AM

They both went to the playoffs almost every year. Name one other bills coach in the past 30 years to do that?

BillsFanCupp38
11-07-2023, 07:52 AM
This post is ridiculous, some of y'all have forgotten the past 25 years of buffalo bills football and before marv we weren't all that great either.

Chet
11-07-2023, 08:34 AM
This post is ridiculous, some of y'all have forgotten the past 25 years of buffalo bills football and before marv we weren't all that great either.
He's understandably angry after watching this coaching staff squander what could've been a SB team for the 3rd year in a row. Also, you're making the mistake of thinking that 20-25 years of absolute putrid futility in professional sports is a normal occurrence and we should be grateful for any scraps left on the table that don't resemble those years. No, we were just exceptionally and historically awful but the goal of winning a SB never changes.

The hatred part may be a bit strong, but Marty really is undoing all the good will he built up from 2017-2020 when his teams overachieved and showed growth every year.

With that said, I wholeheartedly disagree with something you (or another poster, not sure who exactly) said about not being able to find a better coach willing to come to Buffalo. That's an outright lie.

The first issue is recognizing the problem. The NFL is an offensive league and there are innovations week to week now, not just year to year. You need an offensive coach with an analytical, but creative mind willing to push boundaries and spearhead some of those innovations. Josh Allen is an imperfect unicorn, but definitely capable of winning us a SB like he would've done in 2021 if the coaches didn't take the Lombardi from his cold dead hands.

The ONLY way forward is a bright young offensive HC who will double as OC. He needs to be a HC because the second Allen starts righting the ship some other team will poach him away if he's only an OC here, and we need somebody who will tie their career and success to Josh Allen for the next 10 years. What brilliant offensive mind with something to prove wouldn't kill for the chance to work with Josh Allen, be it in Buffalo or Timbuktu?

The pleasant byproduct of getting a young/rookie offensive HC is that they are pretty cheap too, and Buffalo loves cheap.