PDA

View Full Version : Is Josh Being Limited? Film study.

sukie
11-07-2023, 09:16 AM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nh7yphucq_4&pp=ygUNTGltaXRpbmcgam9zaA%3D%3D
I’m just gonna leave this here without comment.

if someone cares to, please imbed the above.

sukie
11-07-2023, 10:13 AM
Really? No one has an enlightened comment?

Woodman
11-07-2023, 10:19 AM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nh7yphucq_4&pp=ygUNTGltaXRpbmcgam9zaA%3D%3D
I’m just gonna leave this here without comment.

if someone cares to, please imbed the above.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/nh7yphucq_4?si=HaSkux1xw9wF8GqN" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

sukie
11-07-2023, 10:22 AM
Thanks.

kingJofNYC
11-07-2023, 10:22 AM
I watched it. The O is basically 5 yards and a cloud of dust pass wise. Two high shells, well lets throw the slot out routes, or if they overplay outside roll it inside like Kincaid did a few times. I'm fine with it. But I'm not fine with there being no way get draw up anything else to get big chunks of yards.

Diggs scored on the same pass concept that Josh threw the interception on. And Gabe Davis had the redzone throw because they bracketed Diggs on those same option routes. So team sit in two high, we throw the out routes, and when eventually teams roll from 2 high to 1 high late, well our outside WR better win his rep or we have nothing. And that's the biggest issue with the offense. We line up, here is the play we will use to beat X coverage, and if they somehow run Y (man coverage), well you guys better win your rep or the O will stall out. It feels like the offense is cooked whenever a team will roll out man coverage, which wasn't the case a few years back, unless our receivers consistently win 1 on 1 with the types of concepts we're using.

Great work by Erik breaking this stuff down.

Woodman
11-07-2023, 10:30 AM
I see tons of big plays by going to Cook ...... really big.

Woodman
11-07-2023, 10:32 AM
In the can doing my study work right now. :cheers:

Cook Cook Cook just watch Cook and all the open field damn.

Love the high view provided by your video.

sukie
11-07-2023, 10:35 AM
I watched it. The O is basically 5 yards and a cloud of dust pass wise. Two high shells, well lets throw the slot out routes, or if they overplay outside roll it inside like Kincaid did a few times. I'm fine with it. But I'm not fine with there being no way get draw up anything else to get big chunks of yards.

Diggs scored on the same pass concept that Josh threw the interception on. And Gabe Davis had the redzone throw because they bracketed Diggs on those same option routes. So team sit in two high, we throw the out routes, and when eventually teams roll from 2 high to 1 high late, well our outside WR better win his rep or we have nothing. And that's the biggest issue with the offense. We line up, here is the play we will use to beat X coverage, and if they somehow run Y (man coverage), well you guys better win your rep or the O will stall out. It feels like the offense is cooked whenever a team will roll out man coverage, which wasn't the case a few years back, unless our receivers consistently win 1 on 1 with the types of concepts we're using.

Great work by Erik breaking this stuff down.

It really does seem like there are 3 maybe 4 pass plays with the big work being done by the 2-3 option. In or out.

kinda boring and unimaginative. Not that I’m looking to be wowed but like he said. Plays aren’t drawn up to create open targets.

Woodman
11-07-2023, 10:38 AM
Get me in a film room with Josh and Ken there is GOLD on that tape pure GOLD.

They do film study right?

Woodman
11-07-2023, 10:44 AM
Instead of throwing the pick we had a huge play with that alignment.

4 minutes in or so ..... I'd run that formation and route tree until they puked.

MY TARGET WOULD BE COOK AND HOW WOULD YOU STOP THAT !!!!

He even has a blocker with him in spacious open grass.

You take the almost check down and just enjoy Cook running down the field.

There are more later with Cook when he is open in space .... I'd like to use those formations that create that huge advantage.

Forward_Lateral
11-07-2023, 10:50 AM
It's a great breakdown, and very insightful as to what's happening.

I agree with him, Josh deserves some blame, but the majority is a lack of creativity and scheme on Dorsey's part. He's right. They run coverage beating concepts all the time, and never scheme anything. Teams know your tendencies, and when you don't change your game plan week to week, it's downright arrogant.

sukie
11-07-2023, 11:04 AM
It's a great breakdown, and very insightful as to what's happening.

I agree with him, Josh deserves some blame, but the majority is a lack of creativity and scheme on Dorsey's part. He's right. They run coverage beating concepts all the time, and never scheme anything. Teams know your tendencies, and when you don't change your game plan week to week, it's downright arrogant.

I say it’s downright lazy. A DC has it so easy.