PDA

View Full Version : Sean McDermott: Bills are too inconsistent

Woodman
11-08-2023, 06:39 AM
When they’re playing their best, the Bills are as good as any team in the NFL. But they haven’t played their best consistently, especially not recently.
The Bills have lost three of their last five games, and the two games they won were both narrow escapes on which they got away with uncalled penalties on the last play of the game. Regarding their most recent loss, Sunday night against the Bengals, Bills head coach Sean McDermott admitted that inconsistency is a major problem.
“Just too inconsistent overall (https://billswire.usatoday.com/2023/11/07/sean-mcdermott-buffalo-bills-cincinnati-bengals-inconsistent-nfl/),” McDermott said, via USA Today. “Not enough complementary football. Turned the ball over twice, I thought the defense got off to a slow start the first drive in particular. . . . Too much inconsistencies in the kicking game as well as just the offense overall. Some good plays and just not enough of them.”

sahlensguy
11-08-2023, 07:24 AM
I'm not wanting more consistency.

I only want more asskicktency.

Chet
11-08-2023, 07:37 AM
On the contrary, we’ve played consistently awful football for 5 weeks straight

Chet
11-08-2023, 08:03 AM
Just out of curiosity, did he happen to address how a team with 10 days of rest after playing a bottom feeder at home had less energy and performed worse than a team with standard rest coming off a huge win against a physical team on a west coast trip?

I’d like his thoughts on that

Luisito23
11-08-2023, 11:44 AM

"We'll Learn from the Film" ...:lmao:

sukie
11-08-2023, 11:48 AM
Just out of curiosity, did he happen to address how a team with 10 days of rest after playing a bottom feeder at home had less energy and performed worse than a team with standard rest coming off a huge win against a physical team on a west coast trip?

Energy seemed fine to me. The offense is efficiency based… not exploitive or attacking. Miss one down and it’s puntsville.why there was little No huddle up tempo is beyond silly. 1st drive was up tempo and boom… next 4 series. Not. Punt.

Luisito23
11-08-2023, 11:56 AM
why there was little No huddle up tempo is beyond silly.

Can't score too quick...

Else, instead of our great defense letting them score in 5 mins, it'd be 10 mins...:fishing:

sukie
11-08-2023, 12:54 PM
Can't score too quick...

Else, instead of our great defense letting them score in 5 mins, it'd be 10 mins...:fishing:

Our D shut them out basically an entire half.

kscdogbillsfan1221
11-08-2023, 01:31 PM
You know
it’s a process

we need to go back to playing complementary football

we need to look at the tape

Mr. Pink
11-08-2023, 02:20 PM
Marty McDermott is consistent.

If we make any mistakes offensively we go into a conservative shell afraid to make another mistake.

If we get a lead we go into a conservative shell afraid to make that mistake to let another team back into the game, but because we're so conservative at that point that other team finds their way back in anyway.

In the 4th quarter when we're losing and forced to play catch up, we see exactly what this offense is capable of.

But Marty McDermott won't allow our offense to play at its potential for a full game.

And that is exactly what is holding this team back and is the reason this team will never win anything with him at HC.

Woodman
11-09-2023, 08:58 AM
I'm not wanting more consistency.

I only want more asskicktency.

Old School I love yah man. :rockon:

Woodman
11-09-2023, 09:00 AM
On the contrary, we’ve played consistently awful football for 5 weeks straight

Right after we beat the living piss out of the Dolphins.

We need asskickery on the opponents not ourselves.

Woodman
11-09-2023, 09:04 AM
Marty McDermott is consistent.

But Marty McDermott won't allow our offense to play at its potential for a full game.

And that is exactly what is holding this team back and is the reason this team will never win anything with him at HC.

4 touchdown lead end of the 3rd ....... take the starters out or should be continue to pummel?

I probably reel it in a bit .... steady diet of run .... take most starters out. :idunno:

My plan let's get that 4 TD lead 1st. :D

Canadian'eh!
11-09-2023, 10:26 AM
Yeah. I don’t get it. They seem consistent to me.

consistent bad play calling

consistent first drive TDs given up.

consistent playing down to competition

consistent D collapsing when pressured.

Woodman
11-10-2023, 12:58 PM
Yeah. I don’t get it. They seem consistent to me.

1)consistent bad play calling

2)consistent first drive TDs given up.

3)consistent playing down to competition

4)consistent D collapsing when pressured.

Number 2 drives me most crazy.