PDA

View Full Version : Broncos will play against Von Miller for first time

Woodman
11-08-2023, 07:36 AM
Von Miller spent 10 1/2 seasons in Denver. He has played for the Rams and the Bills since being traded midway through the 2021 season, but the edge rusher has never played against the Broncos.

That will change Monday night when the Broncos play in Buffalo.

To the Broncos, it still will look weird to see Miller in anything but a Broncos uniform.

“Von was a great teammate, a great leader, a great mentor (https://www.9news.com/article/sports/nfl/denver-broncos/mike-klis/denver-broncos-meinerz-running-ball-pass-protection/73-30d87c74-1e68-4445-ad7d-cdf273914f36),” cornerback Pat Surtain, who played half his rookie season with Miller, said, via Mike Klis of 9News. “I’m looking forward to seeing him again on the field. Obviously, it’s going to be different not seeing him in orange and blue, but it’s going to be great seeing him overall.”

Woodman
11-08-2023, 08:15 AM
C'mon Von show something to your old buddies.

sahlensguy
11-08-2023, 08:42 AM
Can't wait.

Chet
11-08-2023, 09:49 AM
Von Miller retired after injury last year. Not sure who’s wearing his jersey now but I don’t recognize that player

OpIv37
11-08-2023, 02:03 PM
The FO made a really bad choice by giving Von that much money.

Forward_Lateral
11-08-2023, 02:52 PM

I disagree. Had he not gotten injured, this conversation wouldn't be happening. Unfortunately, injuries happen, and there's really nothing you can do about them. Von has returned earlier than expected, so him getting flack is kind of silly.

I will, however, question why he was on the field in a running situation at the end of the game. Just another stupid coaching decision

Mace
11-08-2023, 06:35 PM
Not guessing they're too escared.

Mace
11-08-2023, 06:43 PM
Can't wait.

Even so, he's about 20 inches from making a play with timing coming off an injury with a proper tackle attempt and an effort lunge that you seldom see with bear hug tackle attempts and run along behind them with your dreads looking picturesque as you flail your arms. I guess I think at least he's trying.

Woodman
11-08-2023, 06:53 PM
Can't wait.

:rofl:

Woodman
11-08-2023, 06:55 PM
Von Miller retired after injury last year. Not sure who’s wearing his jersey now but I don’t recognize that player
A guy named Paul? :idunno:

Woodman
11-08-2023, 06:57 PM

Knew when it happened .... just hoped he had a year of quality left .... then the injury prevented it all .... he was playing very well prior ..... just a shame it went down like that.

Woodman
11-08-2023, 07:00 PM
I disagree. Had he not gotten injured, this conversation wouldn't be happening. Unfortunately, injuries happen, and there's really nothing you can do about them. Von has returned earlier than expected, so him getting flack is kind of silly.

I will, however, question why he was on the field in a running situation at the end of the game. Just another stupid coaching decision
I said without the injury we were getting a great player that was performing the way we'd all hope he would ...... unfortunately he got hurt and it's a long hard road just to get back.

6 years is never gonna happen and I don't expect any of us thought it ever would with or without the injury.

jamze132
11-08-2023, 10:01 PM
This will probably be Von’s last season with the Bills. He’s not making any difference at all on the field. But that’s to be expected from someone in their mid 30s coming off another ACL tear.

An added benefit from having Von was supposed to be the emergence if Rousseau but that really hasn’t manifested like we hoped.

Woodman
11-09-2023, 07:05 AM
An added benefit from having Von was supposed to be the emergence if Rousseau but that really hasn’t manifested like we hoped.

There may still be time for that.