PDA

View Full Version : Josh Allen fined $10,927 for pointing at opponent on touchdown run

Woodman
11-11-2023, 04:46 PM
Josh Allen fined $10,927 for pointing at opponent on touchdown run - NBC Sports (https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/josh-allen-fined-10-927-for-pointing-at-opponent-on-touchdown-run)

When Josh Allen ran for the Bills’ first touchdown on Sunday, he pointed at a Bengals defender on the way into the end zone. The NFL has disciplined him for that.
The league announced that Allen has been fined $10,927 for what the disciplinary office ruled was unsportsmanlike conduct.
Allen also picked up a 15-yard penalty on the play.
The league has made clear to players that it wants to crack down on taunting and that they are subject to flags and fines if they taunt, but it is questionable why Allen got a larger fine for a point than some players received for unnecessary roughness this week.

Buffalogic
11-11-2023, 05:05 PM
NFL is pathetic now. Bring back the throat slashing gestures.

Novacane
11-11-2023, 05:14 PM
Lame.

sahlensguy
11-11-2023, 06:48 PM
I wasn't a fan. Hungry and humble.

Woodman
11-11-2023, 08:39 PM
Just act like you've been there before. :idunno:

Historian
11-12-2023, 07:14 AM
Just act like you've been there before. :idunno:

True.

But you've gotta admit, this call was pathetic.
If you're going to call that, call it on every offensive player who jumps up and gives the first down signal.

sukie
11-12-2023, 08:35 AM
Only if he points the first down signal directly at a fragile defender.

ticatfan
11-12-2023, 08:52 AM
Soon they will need safe rooms for the offended players.

Goobylal
11-12-2023, 09:57 AM
How much is the zebra getting fined for that crooked intentional grounding call?

Typ0
11-12-2023, 10:37 AM
True.

If you're going to call that, call it on every offensive player who jumps up and gives the first down signal.

I would think it's the culmination of his attitude on the field that day. Ie. the refs had gotten sick of his mouth and attitude already so the flag got thrown.

YardRat
11-12-2023, 11:18 AM
Tyreek Hill would be flipping burgers and we might have pulled out 13 seconds if that was a legit penalty.

Goobylal
11-12-2023, 12:09 PM
I would think it's the culmination of his attitude on the field that day. Ie. the refs had gotten sick of his mouth and attitude already so the flag got thrown.

How so?

notacon
11-12-2023, 12:15 PM
This is not unexpected but certainly absurd.

Jake Camarda can use his helmet as a weapon (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/264150-Why-Did-Bucs-Punter-Jake-Camarda-Escape-Ejection) and swig it and strike an opposing player, and not even get penalized much less ejected (as the rules unequivocally state he should have). A fine would have been 100% appropriate as it is done many times for a violation that was not penalized during the game.

The NFL's standards are so pathetically wrongheaded and grossly uneven. Pointing your finger at an opposing player is WORSE than taking off your helmet and using it as a weapon?!?!? :rolleyes:

Dr. Lecter
11-12-2023, 12:45 PM

Then the ref should be fired.

Each play and call must stand on its own.

Dr. Lecter
11-12-2023, 12:46 PM
This is not unexpected but certainly absurd.

Jake Camarda can use his helmet as a weapon (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/264150-Why-Did-Bucs-Punter-Jake-Camarda-Escape-Ejection) and swig it and strike an opposing player, and not even get penalized much less ejected (as the rules unequivocally state he should have). A fine would have been 100% appropriate as it is done many times for a violation that was not penalized during the game.

The NFL's standards are so pathetically wrongheaded and grossly uneven. Pointing your finger at an opposing player is WORSE than taking off your helmet and using it as a weapon?!?!? :rolleyes:

Look at it this way too
If Allen had received a second taunting call, he would have been ejected

But if a player gets two calls for delivering a head shot or cheap shot to another players knees they are not ejected
The priorities are all messed up

Historian
11-12-2023, 06:38 PM

Yea, I'm not quite sure what you're referring to here, Tp.

I mean, none of us were down on the field.

sukie
11-12-2023, 07:04 PM

it was the second possession of the game though.

notacon
11-13-2023, 01:11 PM
Look at it this way too

But if a player gets two calls for delivering a head shot or cheap shot to another players knees they are not ejected
The priorities are all messed up

Great observation.

The NFL is upset when one player is mean to another (without actually touching them).....reminds me of the movie Mean Girls.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/a/ac/Mean_Girls_film_poster.png/220px-Mean_Girls_film_poster.png

Woodman
11-13-2023, 04:20 PM
True.

100% pathetic !!

Josh should just do the The Griddy you know he wants to.

Woodman
11-13-2023, 04:26 PM
it was the second possession of the game though.

They don't call it the No Fun League for nothing.

I knew we were in trouble when that call was made.

Does it mean anything when I referee looks fondly at a player with an almost giddiness their eyes light up and that smile just can't be denied?

Does that mean anything?

This did happen.

sahlensguy
11-13-2023, 04:27 PM
Josh used to do cool ****. Like doing a handstand after scoring a td. Unfortunately that was that was probably the last thing he did that made you think he was an alien. This was being a punk.

acehole
11-13-2023, 04:28 PM

That and the grounding were **** calls that effected the game/

Woodman
11-13-2023, 04:28 PM
Look at it this way too

He was forced to reel in his enthusiasm ..... that can't ever be good.

acehole
11-13-2023, 04:29 PM

Woodman
11-13-2023, 04:36 PM
That and the grounding were **** calls that effected the game/

That was a call created by personal need.

total crap!!

Mace
11-13-2023, 04:40 PM
He was forced to reel in his enthusiasm ..... that can't ever be good.

I wouldn't call it enthusiasm.

Besides, reining in too much enthusiasm can be quite productive.

Woodman
11-13-2023, 04:45 PM
I wouldn't call it enthusiasm.

Besides, reining in too much enthusiasm can be quite productive.
Emotions being so very high for that game in particular ..... it was huge to flag that IMO.

Mace
11-13-2023, 05:51 PM
Emotions being so very high for that game in particular ..... it was huge to flag that IMO.

There are other ways you demonstrate emotions and enthusiasm and I'm not seeing them do it. You can gloat after you win, or you can win and not gloat because you're just taking care of business on your way to a championship game.

It was a great play, and like you said earlier, act like you've done it before. And win. That stands, in my book.

I don't agree with the flag or fine, but they were both unnecessary to winning that game.

Woodman
11-13-2023, 06:53 PM
There are other ways you demonstrate emotions and enthusiasm and I'm not seeing them do it.

It was a great play, and like you said earlier, act like you've done it before. And win. That stands, in my book.

I don't agree with the flag or fine, but they were both unnecessary to winning that game.

Play smart, have fun and celebrate just do not target it in the direction of the opponent.