PDA

View Full Version : So the Texans beat the Bengals

ghz in pittsburgh
11-12-2023, 04:04 PM
Yes I know different teams and I've already said to many here in Pittsburgh Stroud is the real deal. The Texans did it to the mastermind of Bengals D Coordinator with a simple strategy: run the ball and throw deep.

Singletary, yes that Singletary, ran it 30 times and gained 150 yards by himself. I don't think he was given the balls 20 times in a game in 4 years with the Bills.

In the Bills loss to the Bengals, other than Allen, we ran the ball a grand total of 8 times for 24 yards.

I said before, all of those changing picture stuff on D to confuse your QB goes away when you find out you have to worry about stopping them on the ground first. The highlight won't show much of those runs, but all the pretty passes Stround had in those highlights happened for a reason ...

sahlensguy
11-12-2023, 04:39 PM
Keep in mind that prior to today's game, the Texans had the league's 30th ranked rushing attack. 3.3 yards per carry. They sucked. CJ has just been amazing for them.

Also, the league/Bengals have the Bills/Allen figured out.

Not to take anything away from Stroud. That accuracy will allow him to have a great career, but let's let the rest of the teams catch up to him and then see what he can do.

Woodman
11-12-2023, 04:41 PM
not surprised really .... Higgins out Hubbard out ..... they are starting to deal with injuries.

Texans had over 500 yards offense I think.

OpIv37
11-12-2023, 06:01 PM
Another knock on the Bills coaching staff. They never even tested Cincy’s run D.

Forward_Lateral
11-12-2023, 06:07 PM
Another knock on the Bills coaching staff. They never even tested Cincy’s run D.
Watching Dan Campbell coach today makes me so envious

sahlensguy
11-12-2023, 06:14 PM

That's the problem with having a defensive guy for the HC.

The Texan's assistant head coach is also their running back coach - Danny Barret.

Dan Campbell - another offensive HC.

The structure of the Bill's coaching chain of command is all wrong for a guy like JA and as long as McD is here, things won't change.

sukie
11-12-2023, 06:17 PM
Cincy forum is blowing up just like ours.

Woodman
11-12-2023, 06:24 PM
Watching Dan Campbell coach today makes me so envious

THEY LOVE playing for him and that is HUGE!!

sahlensguy
11-12-2023, 06:25 PM
THEY LOVE playing for him and that is HUGE!!

Motor City Dan Campbell, or MCDC.

Woodman
11-12-2023, 06:27 PM
Cincy forum is blowing up just like ours.

Wait till they roll into Baltimore after they just blew their game to the Browns .... blowing up will take on a whole new meaning. :D :D

Forward_Lateral
11-12-2023, 08:17 PM
The reality is The Bengals didn’t look all that great Vs The Bills either. Kincaid doesn’t fumble and the Bills probably win. Burrow looked absolutely terrible today and threw 2 awful interceptions that cost Cincy a win. The AFC is still wide open after KC. It’s a muddle of Jekyl and Hydes

Woodman
11-12-2023, 08:26 PM
The reality is The Bengals didn’t look all that great Vs The Bills either. Kincaid doesn’t fumble and the Bills probably win. Burrow looked absolutely terrible today and threw 2 awful interceptions that cost Cincy a win. The AFC is still wide open after KC. It’s a muddle of Jekyl and Hydes
KC did lose to the Broncos ....

Ford Pinto
11-12-2023, 08:37 PM
It was a great NFL game in general

Forward_Lateral
11-12-2023, 08:37 PM
KC did lose to the Broncos ....

Divisional. Those happen all the time. Heck when the Patriots were kings, the Dolphins were garbage, they’d still give the Patriots fits and beat them occasionally

Woodman
11-12-2023, 08:57 PM
Divisional. Those happen all the time. Heck when the Patriots were kings, the Dolphins were garbage, they’d still give the Patriots fits and beat them occasionally

The Dolphins had great success against them that's for sure.

sahlensguy
11-12-2023, 09:28 PM

Mahomes lost to the Broncos, literally, once.

Woodman
11-12-2023, 10:46 PM
Mahomes lost to the Broncos, literally, once.
Excellent point ...I think he beat them 15 or 16 times in a row. :cheers:

Divisional familiarity doesn't apply in that case.

They (Chiefs) beat em 19-8 at home and lost to them (Broncos) 24-9 on the road.

Sean Payton has seen them twice.

YardRat
11-13-2023, 06:18 AM
Good for Motor, happy to see him step up when his number is called.

At least he knows what it feels like to beat the Bengals.

jamze132
11-13-2023, 06:22 AM
Any given Sunday.

In some universe the Bills will walk into Philly and roll them lol

ghz in pittsburgh
11-13-2023, 07:45 AM
Coaching is important. I saw one play yesterday where the Bengals did their "picture changing stuff" of LOS of 6 guys then upon the snap of the ball dropped 3 and became 3 man rush. We saw that time again against the Bills where Allen had nowhere to go with the ball. Well, Texans had Stroud give a delayed handoff to Singletary for a run of 10. Just seems like they had answers prepared.

There is a strategy and then the execution. It is not realistic to ask for perfect execution every time. Kincaid's fumble is one of those failed execution - not a flaw in his game that happens all the time. But strategic wise getting your QB to throw against 8 in coverage time again is a recipe for failure. Guys like Allen, Mahomes might have more success than other QB in that scenario, but overall, it will result in more failures than successes.

sahlensguy
11-13-2023, 08:47 AM
Coaching is important. I saw one play yesterday where the Bengals did their "picture changing stuff" of LOS of 6 guys then upon the snap of the ball dropped 3 and became 3 man rush. We saw that time again against the Bills where Allen had nowhere to go with the ball. Well, Texans had Stroud give a delayed handoff to Singletary for a run of 10. Just seems like they had answers prepared.

There is a strategy and then the execution. It is not realistic to ask for perfect execution every time. Kincaid's fumble is one of those failed execution - not a flaw in his game that happens all the time. But strategic wise getting your QB to throw against 8 in coverage time again is a recipe for failure. Guys like Allen, Mahomes might have more success than other QB in that scenario, but overall, it will result in more failures than successes.

This is the problem read when read between the lines of Josh saying that they need to play better for for Ken Dorsey.

I read it as they need to execute and win their one on one battles. This is not realistic, especially without superior talent.

Others may read it as they need to execute Dorsey's strategy better, which if it is the case, falls mostly on Allen.

And again...the league doesn't yet know the tendencies of the Texans/Stroud. Give it a while. Opponents figure it out, or the get figured out.

sahlensguy
11-13-2023, 08:50 AM

Woodman
11-13-2023, 08:51 AM

Woodman
11-13-2023, 08:53 AM
And again...the league doesn't yet know the tendencies of the Texans/Stroud. Give it a while. Opponents figure it out, or they get figured out.

And with a rookie QB who thought we'd ever be saying this about the Texans.

sahlensguy
11-13-2023, 08:56 AM
And with a rookie QB who thought we'd ever be saying this about the Texans.

He's been amazing but there's little film on him.

The Bill's O feels stale in comparison and repetion and predictability is a big reason why. Kincaid's a nice wrinkle. Need to develop that more...

Woodman
11-13-2023, 09:05 AM
He's been amazing but there's little film on him.

The Bill's O feels stale in comparison and repetion and predictability is a big reason why. Kincaid's a nice wrinkle. Need to develop that more...

I've watched him a few times now, actually more than a few .... 1st thing about him is that he doesn't really panic ..... he feels the pressure like he has an extra sense about it ..... his OL has been excellent ..... he's getting consistent contribution from his WR's and that group is underrated.

Smart kid and really looks comfortable he's cool, calm and collected in situations that should cause problems.

Woodman
11-13-2023, 09:07 AM
The best way I could put it .... he's a natural .... with weapons and protection.

Wait till he gets Pierce back their number one RB.

Him being out has probably helped rush his development to a certain extent .... love the kid.

daryls61
11-13-2023, 09:11 AM
Been a lot of "good" teams losing to bad teams this year. I can’t believe some folks have watched NFL football their entire life and still react week to week and make correlations between matchups. Take each week for what it is and realize the league is loaded with talent and parity.

sahlensguy
11-13-2023, 09:16 AM
The best way I could put it .... he's a natural .... with weapons and protection.

Wait till he gets Pierce back their number one RB.

Him being out has probably helped rush his development to a certain extent .... love the kid.

I've only caught highlights and pieces so far. A running game always helps young QBs. Remember Big Ben's first few years? Thing is with the Texans...before yesterday, that had the 30th ranked rushing attack in the league. 3.3 ypc. They did it all with the passing game. He's going to be a beast in this league and I wouldn't want to play them even this year.

Woodman
11-13-2023, 09:21 AM
I've only caught highlights and pieces so far. A running game always helps young QBs. Remember Big Ben's first few years? Thing is with the Texans...before yesterday, that had the 30th ranked rushing attack in the league. 3.3 ypc. They did it all with the passing game. He's going to be a beast in this league and I wouldn't want to play them even this year.

I'll say this finally :D ....... the Texans got their man!

sahlensguy
11-13-2023, 09:23 AM
I'll say this finally :D ....... the Texans got their man!

And Frank Reich did not...

Woodman
11-13-2023, 09:28 AM
And Frank Reich did not...
Not so far ............ :D

sahlensguy
11-13-2023, 09:29 AM
Not so far ............ :D

Maybe he'll get fired...

Woodman
11-13-2023, 09:31 AM
Maybe he'll get fired...

Where are you going with this? :D :D

sahlensguy
11-13-2023, 09:37 AM
Where are you going with this? :D :D

Right to the new Bill's HC! (Before Daboll)

Woodman
11-13-2023, 09:44 AM
Right to the new Bill's HC! (Before Daboll)

:D

The heart wants what the heart wants.

ghz in pittsburgh
11-13-2023, 11:47 AM
What About Texans' OC Bobby Slowik? He's another one comes from the Shanahan coaching tree. We are giving Daboll all the credit for Allen development, maybe Slowik deserves some as well? One thing about offensive coaches from Shanahan's coaching tree though, they know how to run the ball.

Woodman
11-13-2023, 11:53 AM
What About Texans' OC Bobby Slowik? He's another one comes from the Shanahan coaching tree. We are giving Daboll all the credit for Allen development, maybe Slowik deserves some as well? One thing about offensive coaches from Shanahan's coaching tree though, they know how to run the ball.

He would be a great get .... how do you pry him away?

Are you suggesting as HC?

sahlensguy
11-13-2023, 11:54 AM

Danny Barrett is the Texans assistant HC and running back's coach. Does the name sound familiar? He was the Bill's QB coach from 2007-2009.

Woodman
11-13-2023, 11:57 AM
Been a lot of "good" teams losing to bad teams this year. I can’t believe some folks have watched NFL football their entire life and still react week to week and make correlations between matchups. Take each week for what it is and realize the league is loaded with talent and parity.

One thing I will say to sorta support what your saying is ..... The Panthers got their only win against the Texans ..... so there's that.

One game at a time is the best approach ...... avoid the trap ..... mow em down one at a time.

Woodman
11-13-2023, 11:59 AM
Danny Barrett is the Texans assistant HC and running back's coach. Does the name sound familiar? He was the Bill's QB coach from 2007-2009.

You are on fire !!

sahlensguy
11-13-2023, 12:07 PM
You are on fire !!

He wouldn't even need to get fired first for us to hire him as HC!

Woodman
11-13-2023, 12:13 PM
He wouldn't even need to get fired first for us to hire him as HC!

Silver lining definitely ..... we gotta make a move ..... unless we win the next 12 games in a row.

sahlensguy
11-13-2023, 12:15 PM
Silver lining definitely ..... we gotta make a move ..... unless we win the next 12 games in a row.

I'd be encouraged by the next 11, but yeah, a move is most likely necessary.

Woodman
11-13-2023, 12:18 PM
I'd be encouraged by the next 11, but yeah, a move is most likely necessary.
11 works :cheers: ........... as long as it includes cake and ice cream and by cake and ice cream ........ I mean a certain Trophy named after a certain coach from the Frozen Tundra.

notacon
11-13-2023, 01:54 PM
Stroud was awesome. Ice in his veins.

But THE reason Cincy lost that game is because Burrow made several BONEHEADED MISTAKES. The kind of mistakes he rarely makes and did not do vs the Bills.

TWO 4th Q INT's. The second one was terrible. Just awful. Reminded me of some of the boneheaded plays Allen is prone to from time to time.

Any given Sunday is real in the NFL.

ghz in pittsburgh
11-13-2023, 02:09 PM
We are talking about offense here. Both KC and the Bills had trouble scoring on this wizard DC Anarumo led defense. Does Allen ever score 20 points on them?

Woodman
11-13-2023, 03:07 PM
Everybody will now. :band: