Remember when the Buffalo Bills used to have fun?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Woodman
    Legendary Zoner
    • Apr 2014

Remember when the Buffalo Bills used to have fun?

These Bills are tightly wound and have been all season. They have a tightly wound coach and a tightly wound offensive coordinator. Still unable to replace Brian Daboll’s palsy-walsy influence or Leslie Frazier’s fatherly hand, the Bills trudge into November closer to missing the playoffs than maneuvering for a Lombardi Trophy.

“This is probably the most adversity we’ve had to go through since I’ve been here,” fourth-year receiver Gabriel Davis said. “It feels like there’s something missing, you know? We’ve shown that we can play at a high level, but the consistency makes us think, ‘What the f— is going on?'”

Once among the NFL’s most entertaining clubs, the Bills have become a prime-time bore. Last year, they averaged 31 points while going undefeated in five night games. The Bills enter Monday night’s matchup against the Denver Broncos with a 2-2 prime-time record and averaging 18 points.

You can’t fake fun, and Buffalo’s just not having it.

Read more here.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.
  • sahlensguy
    • Mar 2015

Re: Remember when the Buffalo Bills used to have fun?

Originally posted by Woodman View Post
    These Bills are tightly wound and have been all season. They have a tightly wound coach and a tightly wound offensive coordinator. Still unable to replace Brian Daboll’s palsy-walsy influence or Leslie Frazier’s fatherly hand, the Bills trudge into November closer to missing the playoffs than maneuvering for a Lombardi Trophy.

“This is probably the most adversity we’ve had to go through since I’ve been here,” fourth-year receiver Gabriel Davis said. “It feels like there’s something missing, you know? We’ve shown that we can play at a high level, but the consistency makes us think, ‘What the f— is going on?'”

Once among the NFL’s most entertaining clubs, the Bills have become a prime-time bore. Last year, they averaged 31 points while going undefeated in five night games. The Bills enter Monday night’s matchup against the Denver Broncos with a 2-2 prime-time record and averaging 18 points.

You can’t fake fun, and Buffalo’s just not having it.

Read more here.

Well, when they win the coin flip at home and defer, it kind of sets the tone. McD has little confidence in his boys. So it's a cultural thing.

Comment

• Chet
      Allenhu Joshbar
      • Feb 2017

Personal note, but I remember going on leave from my job in Ukraine in late November 2020 to get my appendix removed back in the States. I ended up getting COVID at the hospital too, but I had so much accrued leave that I was able to stay home till mid-January. The day before my surgery was the Chargers game where they won but couldn’t quite put the game away enough to make you feel comfortable.

Once out of surgery I was laid up in bed for several weeks, during which time I was treated to the best run of Buffalo Bills football I had ever seen in my life. Primetime beatdown of the 49ers where Josh made some jaw-dropping throws; the Steeler game where the Bills made (and try not to die from shock) all the right halftime offensive adjustments and beat the crap out of Pittsburgh, even running the clock out on a long fourth quarter drive; the beautiful romp over Denver where Josh kept scoring touchdown after touchdown even when the refs were calling them back; the New England game where Josh and Stef dragged their nutsack across Belichick’s face in one of the most cathartic wins fora Bills fan ever; the gang rape of the Miami Dolphins when they were in a “win and in” situation; and two close, but victorious playoff games.

I will forever love Josh, Stef, Daboll and (to an increasingly diminished extent) McD for helping me back on my feet and giving me a high that only lucky Colombians get.

I would give anything to see that kind of “fun” football again.

Comment

• Historian
        2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
        • Dec 2002

Amen, Chet.

Comment

• Woodman
          Legendary Zoner
          • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Chet View Post
          Once out of surgery I was laid up in bed for several weeks, during which time I was treated to the best run of Buffalo Bills football I had ever seen in my life.

I will forever love Josh, Stef, Daboll and (to an increasingly diminished extent) McD for helping me back on my feet and giving me a high that only lucky Colombians get.

I would give anything to see that kind of “fun” football again.
          Would you consider ..... ah nah.

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• Chet
            Allenhu Joshbar
            • Feb 2017

Originally posted by Woodman View Post
            Would you consider ..... ah nah.
            What? Make out with Cole Beasley and have an elective cholecystectomy?

If I knew I was in for another 6-7 weeks of football like that stretch, then yes. But remember, I’m not a real fan, allegedly

Comment

• daryls61
              • Jan 2013

This has legs. Bills don't seem to be enjoying themselves anymore.
              The Things that unite us are far greater than the things that divide us. Just my 2 Cents.

"The Force, it's calling to you. Just let it in." - Maz Kanata: Star Wars VII The Force Awakens

"'Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum." - Winston Scott in John Wick: Chapter 3 – Parabellum

#Cup or Bust 2024 #Bowl or Bust 2024 - It is the way.

Comment

• sahlensguy
                • Mar 2015

Originally posted by daryls61 View Post
                That's what you get with McD's "a win as a win" mantra. He doesn't know how to have fun curb stomping the opponent.

Comment

• Novacane
                  • Jul 2002

Everything changed after 13 seconds.

Comment

• sahlensguy
                    • Mar 2015

Originally posted by Novacane View Post
                    No way players can players can follow a leader who fumbled away that gimme.

But no one had the balls to fire McD for Daboll or whoever. So here we are.

Comment

• Woodman
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Chet View Post
                      What? Make out with Cole Beasley and have an elective cholecystectomy?

If I knew I was in for another 6-7 weeks of football like that stretch, then yes. But remember, I’m not a real fan, allegedly
                      Yeah there is that work on that will you.

Comment

• Woodman
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Apr 2014

Originally posted by daryls61 View Post
                        Why I posted the thread .... if it's just a job ..... you don't care enough .... you better love it.

Comment

• Woodman
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Novacane View Post
                          The team has to make enough plays .... that the last 13 seconds won't matter.

Comment

• Mad Max
                            Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
                            • Mar 2003

I remember when the Buffalo Bills used to be fun

Comment

• Woodman
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Mad Max View Post
                              I remember when the Buffalo Bills used to be fun
                              Me to.

Comment

Working...
                              X