PDA

View Full Version : This was definitely a reason to fire mcdermott

Cali512
11-13-2023, 10:30 PM
We lost this game directly due to coaching, 12 men on the field is a fireable offense

Woodman
11-14-2023, 01:11 AM
Agree 200% .... now lets get the heads rolling.

sukie
11-14-2023, 04:40 AM
If players practice FG Block… they know if they should be on the field or not. McD said they practice going from dime to FG B . Was Hamlin out there?

YardRat
11-14-2023, 05:18 AM
It might be for special teams coordinator, just like 13 seconds.

Chet
11-14-2023, 05:20 AM
Oh you can best believe if there’s another human shield around to deflect blame, Marty will find him

kscdogbillsfan1221
11-14-2023, 05:24 AM
Oh you can best believe if there’s another human shield around to deflect blame, Marty will find him
Yea last year was the defensive back coach….. on the squad that had no starters available all year

Woodman
11-14-2023, 05:35 AM
Job security is no longer a thing at One Bills Drive.

Woodman
11-14-2023, 05:38 AM

Damn do we ever need a better punter is Paul Maguire still around?

That field position thing matters a lot.

ST's were just awful the entire game.

YardRat
11-14-2023, 05:53 AM
FTR McDermott isn't going anywhere, and I doubt they'll make any coaching changes at all mid-season.

If this doesn't turn around Dorsey and Smiley will be gone after the season, maybe they re-vamp the entire staff on the offensive side of the ball, but McD will claim his focus on the defensive side of the ball took away time and effort he should have been using on the offense and he'll give the DC responsibilities to Washington.

Sean is here until at least the bye week next season.

Forward_Lateral
11-14-2023, 05:55 AM
FTR McDermott isn't going anywhere, and I doubt they'll make any coaching changes at all mid-season.

If this doesn't turn around Dorsey and Smiley will be gone after the season, maybe they re-vamp the entire staff on the offensive side of the ball, but McD will claim his focus on the defensive side of the ball took away time and effort he should have been using on the offense and he'll give the DC responsibilities to Washington.

Sean is here until at least the bye week next season.

Most likely, but if I’m the owner, I’m seriously considering cleaning house now to send a message that this is unacceptable

Mad Max
11-14-2023, 06:10 AM
We lost this game directly due to continuing Josh Allen jackassery and coaching, 12 men on the field is a fireable offense

Fixed it for you.

sahlensguy
11-14-2023, 06:13 AM
Fixed it for you.

Or what Jerry Sloan used to call it - "jackpotting around".

Yep that fits JA

Mad Max
11-14-2023, 06:23 AM
Or what Jerry Sloan used to call it - "jackpotting around".

Yep that fits JA

You mention Jerry Sloane. The last couple of years I’ve been equating McDermot with Sloane…nice guy, good enough coach but always an also runner, never collecting the prize for himself and his team even with incredible talent to work with.

Now I realize that I was very wrong, as Sloane was up against not one but two Goats in Jordan and Phil Jackson and still came close to the prize.

Mcdermott is not battling the best of all time talent like Sloane did and not only hasn’t he taken us to the promised land but he’s actually taking us further away.

Historian
11-14-2023, 06:52 AM
We lost this game directly due to coaching, 12 men on the field is a fireable offense
Depends.

To me it's an validation of what I've been saying since summer.

One man, no matter how good he is, cannot coach the defense and the entire team.....it's way too much for one man to handle.

Even Belechek didn't have that kind of hubris.

This isn't 1952, and McDermott is no Paul Brown.

It's details like this that are getting missed.

sahlensguy
11-14-2023, 06:56 AM
Depends.

To me it's an validation of what I've been saying since summer.

One man, no matter how good he is, cannot coach the defense and the entire team.....it's way too much for one man to handle.

Even Belechek didn't have that kind of hubris.

This isn't 1952, and McDermott is no Paul Brown.

It's details like this that are getting missed.

HC/DC is not a winning formula. This fan base deserved better. Hire an assistant HC if you have to.

sahlensguy
11-14-2023, 07:12 AM
You mention Jerry Sloane. The last couple of years I’ve been equating McDermot with Sloane…nice guy, good enough coach but always an also runner, never collecting the prize for himself and his team even with incredible talent to work with.

Now I realize that I was very wrong, as Sloane was up against not one but two Goats in Jordan and Phil Jackson and still came close to the prize.

Mcdermott is not battling the best of all time talent like Sloane did and not only hasn’t he taken us to the promised land but he’s actually taking us further away.

Jerry Sloan was not a nice guy in the same vein as McD. Sloan had balls and a real tough guy. Maybe not the best X's and O's guy but he had control of his players, but was also blessed with 2 top 50 players of all time in Stockton and Malone who set the tone on the court and also complemplemented each other perfectly like Mahomes and Kelce. Sloan did run Derron Williams off, their stud point guard.

Sloan was closer to Marv.

TheConsigliere
11-14-2023, 07:15 AM
Who fires McD?

Pegula hired McD and McD hired Beane.

Does no one else see that as a problem?

Novacane
11-14-2023, 07:59 AM

That's exactly what he's going to do. ST coach will go this week. Dorsey will be the sacrificial lamb after the season. It's never Mcdermotts fault. When will Terry wake up to this fraud!

Chet
11-14-2023, 08:02 AM
Who fires McD?

Pegula hired McD and McD hired Beane.

Does no one else see that as a problem?
Part of being a good leader is admitting your mistakes and swallowing your pride.

As the old military axiom says, never reinforce failure.

Canadian'eh!
11-14-2023, 08:22 AM
So was 13s.

but he’s still here with a fat new extension

kscdogbillsfan1221
11-14-2023, 08:28 AM
a small contingent of militant fans wanted mcdermott gone after 13 seconds.
they were successfully shouted down by the majority of fans.
They (us) can no longer be shouted down.

kscdogbillsfan1221
11-14-2023, 08:30 AM
for the record, coaching was (once again) bad

however, coaching didn't make Gabe Davis or Kincaid drop relatively easy balls
Coaching didn't make Cook fumble the first play
Coaching didn't make Allen throw stupid balls at least twice
coaching didn't make Allen forget how to hand the ****ing ball off.

This team is broken and needs a COMPLETE rebuild.

kscdogbillsfan1221
11-14-2023, 08:32 AM
every year, this team 'win their super bowl' and essentially mails it in afterwards

in 2021, it was the Chiefs (they did get it back together in december but took almost two months of sleepwalking)
in 2022 it was the Chiefs again. (yes their record was good, but they were not the same team after that win)
this year is was the Dolphins.

Humble and hungry, my ass.

Canadian'eh!
11-14-2023, 08:34 AM
a small contingent of militant fans wanted mcdermott gone after 13 seconds.
they were successfully shouted down by the majority of fans.
They (us) can no longer be shouted down.
I wanted Frazier gone then, but I had patience for another year. But another collapse and I was pretty sure we had gone as far as we were

Chet
11-14-2023, 08:34 AM
every year, this team 'win their super bowl' and essentially mails it in afterwards

in 2021, it was the Chiefs (they did get it back together in december but took almost two months of sleepwalking)
in 2022 it was the Chiefs again. (yes their record was good, but they were not the same team after that win)

We just have to go back and look at the tape. Gotta play complementary football, all 3 phases.

{claps harder}

sahlensguy
11-14-2023, 08:36 AM

Hard to comprehend how that Miami game even happened.

kscdogbillsfan1221
11-14-2023, 08:39 AM
Hard to comprehend how that Miami game even happened.
they get up for one game a year. That was it.