PDA

View Full Version : Tonight was the beginning of the end of the McDermott era.

Novacane
11-13-2023, 10:34 PM
He'll probably survive the offseason. Terry isn't going to want to eat that extension. Dorsey will be the sacrificial lamb this year. McD is done though. It's when not if.

BuffaloBlitz83
11-13-2023, 10:35 PM
He'll probably survive the offseason. Terry isn't going to want to eat that extension. Dorsey will be the sacrificial lamb this year. McD is done though. It's when not if.

He'll be fired when we miss playoffs

jamze132
11-13-2023, 10:36 PM
Yeah I’ve lost confidence in him and his staff. 12 men on the field…no excuse’s whatsoever.

Crisis
11-13-2023, 10:36 PM
I've been on the fence on McD and fully on the fire Dorsey bandwagon but this game is unforgivable. Need to clean house on the coaching staff.

Billscusey
11-13-2023, 10:37 PM
Mitch Morse knows it’s over. This post game interview tells you everything you need to know.

Novacane
11-13-2023, 10:39 PM

I hope so but I'd be surprised.

Mad Max
11-13-2023, 10:44 PM
I hope so but I'd be surprised.

He will unfortunately survive the season. If he makes it through to next season he’ll be a midseason launch with the same type of non performance.

- - - Updated - - -

Mitch Morse knows it’s over. This post game interview tells you everything you need to know.
What did he say?

Gibby 2.0
11-13-2023, 10:45 PM

This should have been the final straw. If it was just Allen I could blame Josh. Can't. This team has been getting sloppier by the game and its been obvious since opening day that this team is fundamentally flawed and New England proved McD has lost the locker room and this confirms it. I am not watching another Bills game until McDermott is gone

Novacane
11-13-2023, 10:46 PM
He will unfortunately survive the season. If he makes it through to next season he’ll be a midseason launch with the same type of non performance.

- - - Updated - - -

What did he say?

summary.............devastating loss, have to have each others backs. We'll see what we're made of. Asked about Josh's INTs. Didn't even comment. Not defense of 17 at all. That said the most to me.

TacklingDummy
11-13-2023, 10:47 PM
The whole coaching staff should have been fired after 13 seconds.

Novacane

Amen!

kscdogbillsfan1221

You’re back!! Missed you dude. You need to post more!

Mad Max
11-13-2023, 10:49 PM
summary.............devastating loss, have to have each others backs. We'll see what we're made of. Asked about Josh's INTs. Didn't even comment. Not defense of 17 at all. That said the most to me.
There’s only so much “have each other’s back” BS players can spew when such a high percentage of their team failure comes from one position.

this is at least the 2nd loss we can lay directly at Josh’ feet.

Discotrish
11-13-2023, 10:50 PM
As soon as we started the drive i said 'clock management.' It doesn't matter.

No one at One Bills Drive cares about clock management. No one.

Sure it could win you the game, but there are more fun ways to lose!

sukie
11-13-2023, 10:51 PM
Morse retires. Gabe allowed to walk. Dorsey gets canned. Knox gets cut… a nice mid draft placement. Next season may be McDermott’s last

kscdogbillsfan1221
11-13-2023, 10:52 PM
Morse retires. Gabe allowed to walk. Dorsey gets canned. Knox gets cut… a nice mid draft placement. Next season may be McDermott’s last

Next season?????? Dear God, no!! It needs to be after the dolphins game!

Borosai
11-13-2023, 10:57 PM
I can understand giving Allen a big contract without winning anything because that's the way it is with QBs. Giving McD an extension, however, was a huge mistake. He's a proven playoff choker, and now a regular season choker to match. He's clueless, and I am having trouble imagining how he survives this season. If he's not fired, Pegula isn't interested in winning. That much will become clear.

I know people watched the game, but the sequence at the end of the first half was absurd, and a perfect example of how incompetent McD is as a HC (not that another example was needed).

- He used all 3 timeouts to make sure the Bills got the ball back. Except Denver made a FG anyway.
- Now the Bills get the ball down 12-8, 45 seconds left, no timeouts, at their own 25. Apparently neither McD nor Dorsey are very bright, and decided that this was the perfect time to push the ball down the field and try to score points, because obviously, 45 seconds and no timeouts. At the end of the first half. Of course. Instead of just accepting that the timeout burning was useless and running out the clock, they stick with the original "plan."
- Allen goes out there, follows the "plan", and attempts to move the ball downfield quickly. It was a bad decision and a worse throw, but he was put into that position by the two idiots he has as coaches.

Dorsey's offense is painful to watch every week, and this week it was made worse by player mistakes, so this one is harder to pin on him. But McD is ****ing useless as a HC. Maybe he'll be a good DC again somewhere, but he absolutely sucks as a HC. He needs to stop passing the blame to other coaches, and take responsibility for what this team does out on the field.

12 men on the field? Fire the special teams coach! Or maybe have your coaches and players ready for the moment, which is clearly always to big for McD.

Woodman
11-13-2023, 10:57 PM

Novacane
11-13-2023, 10:59 PM
Basically blaming the players in his presser. If he hadn't lost the team already he will now.

Woodman
11-13-2023, 11:00 PM
As soon as we started the drive i said 'clock management.' It doesn't matter.

No one at One Bills Drive cares about clock management. No one.

Sure it could win you the game, but there are more fun ways to lose!

Too much time .... damned if you do damned if you don't.

Gotta score and hope the D has one stop left.

Woodman
11-13-2023, 11:40 PM