PDA

View Full Version : Which Sean Would You Rather Have -- McDermott or Payton?

TheConsigliere
11-14-2023, 09:51 AM
For the two past off-seasons I argued that the Bills should fire Sean McDermott and hire Sean Payton.

Payton would NOT have come cheap.

I figured a 5 year $50M contract would do the trick if Terry Pegula was focused on winning football.

The Saints were still paying Payton so we may have had to flip them a late round draft pick as well.

I appreciate it was an impossible dream since the dumbass Pegulas hired Sean McDermott themselves before he then hired the General Manager Brandon Beane.

Thus, it would have to be the Pegulas to do the firing themselves and there is a possibility that Beane would have been casual damage.

Can't do that if you aspire to be the ever so successful Carolina Panthers.

So who would you rather be the Head Coach of our beloved Buffalo Bills?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Jkkmb6jEAU&ab_channel=compukatz

Thurmal
11-14-2023, 09:52 AM
Payton's always been overrated.

kscdogbillsfan1221
11-14-2023, 09:54 AM
I'd take Sean Taylor over McDermott at this point....

too soon ?

TheConsigliere
11-14-2023, 10:11 AM
I'd take Sean Taylor over McDermott at this point....

too soon ?
Too late in this case.

Woodman
11-14-2023, 10:17 AM

Sean Astin

TheConsigliere
11-14-2023, 10:50 AM
I don’t get it.

Novacane
11-14-2023, 10:53 AM
I'd rather have neither.

TheConsigliere
11-14-2023, 10:57 AM
I'd rather have neither.
Is that picket fence uncomfortable shoved up your anus?

Forward_Lateral
11-14-2023, 11:24 AM
I would rather have Bill Bellichik

:couch:

kscdogbillsfan1221
11-14-2023, 11:26 AM
I would rather have Bill Bellichik

:couch:
yea, he's done a fantastic job the last few years drafting and developing talent.......

TheConsigliere
11-14-2023, 11:55 AM
yea, he's done a fantastic job the last few years drafting and developing talent.......
Can he clone a younger Tom Brady and bring him along to Buffalo?

Historian
11-14-2023, 01:27 PM
I never liked Payton, going back to the Bounty hunting debacle.

OpIv37
11-14-2023, 01:57 PM
Does it matter? McD showed some promise as a HC initially but he hasn't learned from his mistakes and one could make a strong case that he's regressed. It's pretty obvious that he's never going to win a SB.

But, this team's comments go far beyond HC. Allen doesn't learn from his mistakes and appears disinterested. Maybe better coaching fixes that, maybe it doesn't... who knows. The O is weak in the trenches and doesn't have any good skill players after Diggs (jury's still out on Kincaid but early results are good).

The FO has invested a lot in the DL and it's still only average Milano is the only really good linebacker. White, Hyde and Poyer have basically aged out- they can't stay on the field and they aren't the players they were 3 years ago.

And here's where it gets ugly: The Bills have only 44 players under contract for next season but are $28 million over the estimated $256 million cap. So, it's going to be impossible to fix any of these problems.

McBeane got us a 2-3 year window. We failed to get the title. The only thing left to do is burn it down and start over, and hopefully there will still be some mileage and fight left in Josh when the team is rebuilt.

Woodman
11-14-2023, 08:26 PM
I don’t get it.

You know who that guy is though.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Qoh3YkxuwVo?si=rSBk8Uiw0Fy2rGNy" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ruuuudy Ruuuudy Ruuuudy Ruuuudy Ruuuudy.

5ft. nothing a hundred and nothing ..... Notre Dame legend played by Sean Astin

Jimkelly12203
11-14-2023, 09:31 PM
I'll want Dan Campbell. Sadly i don't think he's going to be an option.

Mr. Pink
11-14-2023, 09:36 PM
No one here has mentioned him but I think this guy will be a solid HC choice either this offseason or another year or two.

Press Taylor OC Jacksonville.

What he's done with Lawrence is remarkable and talent wise that Jag offense is nothing to write home about.

Imagine giving that guy some weapons and talent.

And oh yeah, he's only 35 so he's not stuck with that old boy NFL mentality of how the game was 30+ years ago.

Mad Max
11-14-2023, 09:36 PM
I'll want Dan Campbell. Sadly i don't think he's going to be an option.

No. But Ben Johnson will be.

He’s the risk you take to turn this thing around.

F the Sean bums