X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Joe Brady

Anyone know what his offensive system is? Spread concept?
    Problem is, McD is like Matt Rhule who wanted to run the ball ./

This is what I can find.

NFL Film Breakdown: How Panthers OC Joe Brady's Offense Uses Spread Concepts to Beat Defenses

If you want to support the channel, get early access to breakdown releases, talk about my weekly game picks with me, and see exclusive breakdowns of some of ...

One of Joe Brady and LSU's favorite Concepts
    This is a smash concept paired with a levels or Drive concept on the backside. It is really simple but universally effective against coverage and blitz.
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Re: Joe Brady

Report: Matt Rhule's firing of Joe Brady didn't sit well with Panthers players

Details of how Matt Rhule fired Joe Brady in 2021, as revealed by Joseph Person of The Athletic on Friday, reportedly didn’t sit too well with Panthers players.
    sacrifice1

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

NFL Film Breakdown: How Panthers OC Joe Brady’s Offense Uses Spread Concepts to Beat Defenses

https://weeklyspiral.medium.com/nfl-...d%20in%20space.
      sacrifice1

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
        • Mar 2004

I hope he actually game plans for specific opponents, and schemes guys open.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
          Peterman Sucks!
          • Mar 2006

Brady was awesome in college. Of course he had Burrow and Jamar Chase so that probably helped.

He was meh in Carolina but that team had the likes of Teddy Bridgewater and Robbie Anderson.

He was pass heavy all along the way in his coaching career, so that should play well into our strengths.

Comment

• Buffalogic
            Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
            • Feb 2006

He's probably a lame duck OC but the right move at this point to try and salvage the season with an eye to really hitting a home run with a true candidate in the offseason.

Comment

• justasportsfan
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Pink View Post

He was pass heavy all along the way in his coaching career, so that should play well into our strengths.
              Unless MCD gets in his way.
              sacrifice1

Comment

• mightysimi
                Buckle me in on the highway of sin
                • Mar 2010

Brady was awesome in college. Of course he had Burrow and Jamar Chase so that probably helped.

He was meh in Carolina but that team had the likes of Teddy Bridgewater and Robbie Anderson.

And Jefferson

Comment

• justasportsfan
                  • Jul 2002

Who is Joe Brady? What to know about new Bills offensive coordinator

Brady had just helped produce one of the most dynamic offenses in the history of college football. That 2019 LSU team, which went 15-0 and won the national championship by blowing out Clemson in the title game, scored 726 points against a schedule that featured victories over seven teams who at the time LSU played them, were ranked in the top 10.

sacrifice1

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                    Peterman Sucks!
                    • Mar 2006

Originally posted by mightysimi View Post
                    And Jefferson
                    Yeah.

When you have those guys as your offensive foundation, you're bound to look good. It would take some effort to look bad on offense with those three guys. Especially at the collegian level when you're playing against lesser talent.

Comment

• mightysimi
                      Buckle me in on the highway of sin
                      • Mar 2010

Yeah.

When you have those guys as your offensive foundation, you're bound to look good. It would take some effort to look bad on offense with those three guys. Especially at the collegian level when you're playing against lesser talent.
                      I hope it goes well here but I feel I could have been an excellent OC there at that time

Comment

• FanBack
                        • May 2023

I think Joe Brady was brought in to be a successor to Dorsey and, if need be, an insurance policy. It was a good in-house continuity plan. Glass Broken, Let's go. We'll see if this works; I'm not optimistic about a huge difference.

I'm definitely in the minority on this, but McDermott is calling the defense and might not have the time to strategically oversee the special teams and offense. In 2021, we had similar problems with Daboll after the New England game and McDermott got into it with him. Everyone assumes that McDermott is telling the offense to run and play 1975 football. I don't believe that. I think he is trying to tell them to be multiple to keep a defense guessing and Dorsey/Daboll didn't hear it that way. As an EE who has worked under Civil Engineers, Mechanical Engineers or Architects I understand how there could be friction or miscommunication when someone is giving you direction and they don't have your expertise. Or they can't even use the correct technical terms. It induces eyerolls, even when they are right.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by FanBack View Post
                          I think Joe Brady was brought in to be a successor to Dorsey and, if need be, an insurance policy. It was a good in-house continuity plan. Glass Broken, Let's go. We'll see if this works; I'm not optimistic about a huge difference.

I'm definitely in the minority on this, but McDermott is calling the defense and might not have the time to strategically oversee the special teams and offense. In 2021, we had similar problems with Daboll after the New England game and McDermott got into it with him. Everyone assumes that McDermott is telling the offense to run and play 1975 football. I don't believe that. I think he is trying to tell them to be multiple to keep a defense guessing and Dorsey/Daboll didn't hear it that way. As an EE who has worked under Civil Engineers, Mechanical Engineers or Architects I understand how there could be friction or miscommunication when someone is giving you direction and they don't have your expertise. Or they can't even use the correct technical terms. It induces eyerolls, even when they are right.
                          its going to be a huge dose or Cook and co. the first few games.
                          sacrifice1

Comment

• Borosai
                            • Sep 2003

I wish I knew what was going through Brady's mind right now. It would be shocking if he came in, and in less than a week, fixed the offense. He's been watching for a while now. Will he be able to maximize the strengths and minimize the weaknesses of this offense? Will he actually have a game plan for each defense the Bills will face? Will he attempt to coach Allen away from his mistakes, or defer to the star QB?

I don't see Brady making a difference, but maybe he'll surprise me.

Comment

• sukie
                              Seriously?
                              • Sep 2012

I think maybe, just maybe we will see under center play action which was Uber successful early this year. As long as it’s someone else calling plays there is promise. Or hope.

Comment

Working...
                              X