Do Special Teams Need Our Attention (Matt Araiza aka Punt God)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Woodman
    Legendary Zoner
    • Apr 2014

Do Special Teams Need Our Attention (Matt Araiza aka Punt God)

It is one third so I say make whatever move it takes to improve whenever possible.

I obviously want to give Matt Araiza another look .... honestly I want to sign him.

He is a weapon and our punt coverage has been letting us down.

Thoughts?

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.
  • Woodman
    Legendary Zoner
    • Apr 2014

Re: Do Special Teams Need Our Attention (Matt Araiza aka Punt God)

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• Woodman
      Legendary Zoner
      • Apr 2014

Love this with Thurman ...... definitely worth a listen.

Offensive Coordinator is briefly mentioned but they really go at Special Teams !!

They get right to it!!

Comment

• Bill Cody
        • Sep 2004

We've covered this punter thing no? We can't cut Martin right now if we wanted to, too big a cap hit. Bring this back up after the season if you like

Comment

• cas22
          • Jul 2005

Araiza isn't getting much looks from other teams,, we need to worry about better coverages rather someone who might get off a 70 yard punt once in a while.

Comment

• Canadian'eh!
            • Mar 2004

I actually feel Martin’s punting has been a real problem for a few weeks. I’m wondering if he’s nursing an injury.

His hang time is terrible and he’s driving the ball more, so it give returners way too much time to find a lane before the coverage can get there.

He doesn’t look right.

Comment

• Jimkelly12203
              • Jun 2015

If it were possible i'd definitely bring the punt god in. But we don't have a lot of money right now. And i'm sure Araiza is bitter. Even though he ought to know that we had no choice in the matter with the bad press.
              All Hail Josh Allen! Savior of the Buffalo Bills!

Freedom for the Ukraine. Down with Putin and every traitor in this country that supports him.

Comment

• YardRat
                Well, lookie here...
                • Dec 2004

Hell no. That door has closed. Martin had a bad game Monday night, but most of the team did.
                YardRat Wall of Fame
                #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Woodman
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Canadian'eh! View Post
                  I actually feel Martin’s punting has been a real problem for a few weeks. I’m wondering if he’s nursing an injury.

His hang time is terrible and he’s driving the ball more, so it give returners way too much time to find a lane before the coverage can get there.

He doesn’t look right.
                  Exactly.

Comment

• Goobylal
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by cas22 View Post
                    Araiza isn't getting much looks from other teams,, we need to worry about better coverages rather someone who might get off a 70 yard punt once in a while.
                    He still has a civil trial pending (amazingly, since she has no case). No team will sign him at least until that's resolved one way or another.

Comment

• Gibby 2.0
                      The things I get you to say
                      • Oct 2019

Originally posted by Woodman View Post
                      It is one third so I say make whatever move it takes to improve whenever possible.

I obviously want to give Matt Araiza another look .... honestly I want to sign him.

He is a weapon and our punt coverage has been letting us down.

Thoughts?
                      They do, but like everything else on this team they need discipline. A bad punt or two isn't the issue. Discipline and practice are. So many flags on punt and kickoff return and we lost the opener and last week because of special teams stupidity. Come on you have timeouts and you still have 12 men on the field? If you can't count to 12 you should be sent back to Kindergarten. This team is not as crisp due to injury and its okay to say that. However, the problem is not injury. Good coaching can coach up talent and minimize mental errors. So its not the punter, its yet again the coaching.
                      Insert whimsical line here

Comment

• Woodman
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Goobylal View Post
                        He still has a civil trial pending (amazingly, since she has no case). No team will sign him at least until that's resolved one way or another.
                        I'm sure there's plenty of interest ..... I see it the same gotta resolve it.

Comment

• Woodman
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Gibby 2.0 View Post
                          They do, but like everything else on this team they need discipline. A bad punt or two isn't the issue. Discipline and practice are. So many flags on punt and kickoff return and we lost the opener and last week because of special teams stupidity. Come on you have timeouts and you still have 12 men on the field? If you can't count to 12 you should be sent back to Kindergarten. This team is not as crisp due to injury and its okay to say that. However, the problem is not injury. Good coaching can coach up talent and minimize mental errors. So its not the punter, its yet again the coaching.
                          I agree in large part ..... however if I can upgrade to a dude that can flip the field when the offense sputters I make that change. Respecting all other opinions as well ..... I just believe he's special.

Comment

• Novacane
                            • Jul 2002

Araiza will be in some teams camp next year. I doubt it will be here. McClappy has to protect that culture you know!

Comment

• Woodman
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Novacane View Post
                              Araiza will be in some teams camp next year. I doubt it will be here. McClappy has to protect that culture you know!
                              Our front office should have already reached out and expressed our interest ..... hell he was the punter until this story threw everything for a loop .... question is are we forward thinking enough

Of course the case has to totally be resolved 1st but let them (him) know of our interest to resign him .... we drafted him and we were more than happy with his performance until .........

Comment

Working...
                              X