Leonard Floyd calls being the 12th man on Denver’s missed FG “a miscommunication”

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Woodman
    Legendary Zoner
    • Apr 2014

Leonard Floyd calls being the 12th man on Denver’s missed FG “a miscommunication”

If Leonard Floyd hadn’t been on the field on Monday night, the Bills beat the Broncos 22-21. The Bills would be 6-4 instead of 5-5, and Ken Dorsey likely still is the Bills’ offensive coordinator.

Floyd was the 12th man on Wil Lutz’s 41-yard field goal attempt that was wide right, with his penalty giving Lutz and the Broncos another opportunity. The Broncos kicker made the 36-yarder on the final play.

“From my perspective, it was just a communication issue – plain and simple,” Floyd said Wednesday, via The Buffalo News. “Got to be better. We’ll be better. Plain and simple, just miscommunication.”

The Bills’ dime defense was on the field for Russell Wilson’s final kneel down, and with the clock running, the team sent out its field goal block unit. Six players from the sideline came onto the field but only five left.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.
  • Typ0
    honey pie
    • Jul 2002

Re: Leonard Floyd calls being the 12th man on Denver’s missed FG “a miscommunication”

another example of McDermott's systemic approach....

Comment

• kscdogbillsfan1221
      • Nov 2007

Re: Leonard Floyd calls being the 12th man on Denver’s missed FG “a miscommunication”

Originally posted by Typ0 View Post
      another example of McDermott's systemic approach....
      Humble and hungry
      complementary football
      looking at the tape
      I came.
      I saw.
      I conquered.

Comment

• Typ0
        honey pie
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by kscdogbillsfan1221 View Post
        Humble and hungry
        complementary football
        looking at the tape
        Trust the process.

- - - Updated - - -

How is this different than the 13 second debacle? It isn't. Same ****ing thing over and over and over.

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

5 losses, all in the conf. The time to be better has come and gone
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Woodman
            Legendary Zoner
            • Apr 2014

“I really don’t care about the blame, just disappointed we lost,” Floyd said. “A loss is a loss. People try to find ways to blame this guy, that guy, but I ain’t really sweating it. It’s all football, man. Just go out the next game and correct the **** and go out and win.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Woodman View Post
              “I really don’t care about the blame, just disappointed we lost,” Floyd said. “A loss is a loss. People try to find ways to blame this guy, that guy, but I ain’t really sweating it. It’s all football, man. Just go out the next game and correct the **** and go out and win.
              He’s right. He made a mistake that lead to 3 points. But he didn’t turn the ball over 4 times. He didn’t drop any passes. He didn’t call a screen on 2nd and 20. He didnt commit any other penalties.

He’s guilty of being the straw that broke the camel’s back but he didn’t put the other 500 lbs of straw on there.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• JoeMama
                Emotion Sickness
                • Oct 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                He’s right. He made a mistake that lead to 3 points. But he didn’t turn the ball over 4 times. He didn’t drop any passes. He didn’t call a screen on 2nd and 20. He didnt commit any other penalties.

He’s guilty of being the straw that broke the camel’s back but he didn’t put the other 500 lbs of straw on there.
                For a negative Nelly you seem to have endless compassion for morons contributing to losses.

Floyd deserves as much **** as all the other losers who made mistakes vs Denver.
                Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

• jamze132
                  • Jun 2003

Sounds like he knows he ****ed up but not taking responsibility for it.

Comment

• YardRat
                    Well, lookie here...
                    • Dec 2004

I thought McDermott alluded to what they practice for situations like that is to stick with the base defense on the field and not dicking around trying to swap the players around. If that's the case it's on Smiley, not Floyd, and in all honesty I'm more inclined to trust the players and not the coaching staff.
                    YardRat Wall of Fame
                    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                      I thought McDermott alluded to what they practice for situations like that is to stick with the base defense on the field and not dicking around trying to swap the players around. If that's the case it's on Smiley, not Floyd, and in all honesty I'm more inclined to trust the players and not the coaching staff.
                      I honestly thought, how having 12 guys was even possible. Who cares if you have 8 guys?? Just make sure you don't have too many. Stupidity. You aren't blocking it, they aren't faking it, the FG team on their side has the most pressure, and is rushed, and guess what? He missed it! He would've missed it if there was 11 cheerleaders on the field instead of players.

This team is so stupid in key situations.

Comment

• sukie
                        Seriously?
                        • Sep 2012

I cannot imagine this site and Bills fandom had that flag not happened. What a vapid and hollow victory without any corresponding change. My lord this place would have been a shade of ugly so horrid, a putridity so sour… ah, you get the point.

Comment

• sahlensguy
                          • Mar 2015

When **** like this isn't unexpected, McD and the staff get no benefit of the doubt. Floyd didn't say it outright, but the mishap is more on the coaches than the player.

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by JoeMama View Post
                            For a negative Nelly you seem to have endless compassion for morons contributing to losses.

Floyd deserves as much **** as all the other losers who made mistakes vs Denver.
                            Floyd was one of many morons who contributed to this loss. Blaming it all on him lets all the other losers off the hook.
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Typ0
                              honey pie
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by sahlensguy View Post
                              When **** like this isn't unexpected, McD and the staff get no benefit of the doubt. Floyd didn't say it outright, but the mishap is more on the coaches than the player.
                              McDermott said they practiced it. Obviously didn't practice it enough. Probably practiced them right into the zone of proximal development then left them hanging. It totally falls on the coaches. Too much is too much. This doesn't work.

Comment

Working...
                              X