PDA

View Full Version : Von Miller: "We Are Still Very Close"

Woodman
11-15-2023, 10:30 PM
Von Miller- "We Are Still Very Close" (https://www.buffalobills.com/video/von-miller-we-are-still-very-close)

Linebacker Von Miller addressed the media after practice on Wednesday. Topics include; his thoughts on Ken Dorsey being relieved of his duties, Josh Allen's celling, how to navigate a new coordinator, the margin of error the team has for the rest of the season, how he felt facing his former team on Monday, and Ed Oliver's success this season.

Pretty good video.

OpIv37
11-15-2023, 11:22 PM
Um no. We’re like 10th in the conf. We aren’t anywhere near close.

Historian
11-16-2023, 04:08 AM
He's close to being the worst free agent signing in team history....

JoeMama
11-16-2023, 04:20 AM
Von Miller is washed.

jamze132
11-16-2023, 04:44 AM
Count Cleveland out. Watson done for the season.

Like I said, you never know how the rest of the season will go.

But back to the topic at hand…Von was supposed to come in here and be that final piece to the puzzle and Beane handicapped the cap for years by going all in. Granted he was playing great before he got hurt, no one will ever get that production from Von again. Mid 30s, two ACL tear surgeries. He’s done.

Thurmal
11-16-2023, 08:21 AM

He had 8 sacks in half a season last year, and came back 10 months after an ACL tear - like 6 full weeks before Tre White did, who's significantly younger. I will reserve judgment until we see how he looks down the stretch.

cas22
11-16-2023, 08:30 AM
He had 8 sacks in half a season last year, and came back 10 months after an ACL tear - like 6 full weeks before Tre White did, who's significantly younger. I will reserve judgment until we see how he looks down the stretch.

and Von has 1 total tackle for the year,,, OBJ had 2 of the same injury as Von and much younger and now is washed up, I believe the Von came back to early.. he is a liability when he is on the field, he never has ever been a great tackler so if he can't get sacks he is useless.

ParanoidAndroid
11-16-2023, 11:50 AM

But back to the topic at hand…Von was supposed to come in here and be that final piece to the puzzle and Beane handicapped the cap for years by going all in. Granted he was playing great before he got hurt, no one will ever get that production from Von again. Mid 30s, two ACL tear surgeries. He’s done.
The Steelers will get in with that cream puff schedule. They suck.

Mr. Pink
11-16-2023, 12:19 PM

Cleveland has enough creampuffs left to get to 10 wins. Even with DTR all of their remaining games are winnable.

Steelers, Broncos, Rams, Jags, Bears, Texans, Jets, Bengals.

If they make the playoffs they'll likely be one and done though.

kscdogbillsfan1221
11-16-2023, 01:21 PM
Close to what? The toilet?

Woodman
11-17-2023, 10:56 AM
I'm hanging in as well.

Nothing better to do with my time anyway. :cheers:

Cap Hellllllllllll be damned.

Woodman
11-17-2023, 11:01 AM
Cleveland has enough creampuffs left to get to 10 wins. Even with DTR all of their remaining games are winnable.

Steelers, Broncos, Rams, Jags, Bears, Texans, Jets, Bengals.

If they make the playoffs they'll likely be one and done though.

When I look at schedules and try to predict the outcome before knowing who's in and who's out ..... well that's not a high probability for success.

I look at the list see a chance they lose at least 6 .... where would that put them?

Who know's :idunno:

There defense can keep em in most any game.

Unless they are on the field too long.

Woodman
11-17-2023, 11:05 AM

Would you put Mario Williams right up there? :scratch:

kscdogbillsfan1221
11-17-2023, 12:57 PM
I’m not sure why so many people rag on Mario Williams

wasn’t the greatest signing but the dude was an all pro IIRC in 2014

Woodman
11-17-2023, 06:58 PM
I’m not sure why so many people rag on Mario Williams

wasn’t the greatest signing but the dude was an all pro IIRC in 2014

On March 15, 2012, after two days of negotiation with the Buffalo Bills (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buffalo_Bills), Williams signed a six-year contract worth up to $100 million ($49.5 million guaranteed), which made it the most lucrative contract for a defensive player in NFL history at the time.[15] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mario_Williams#cite_note-15) On May 22, 2012, it was announced that Williams would be wearing number #94 while with the Bills. The #90 that he wore with the Texans was worn by veteran defensive end Chris Kelsay (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Kelsay) in Buffalo.[16] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mario_Williams#cite_note-16)

Williams started all 16 games in 2012, making 46 tackles, 10.5 sacks, and 2 forced fumbles. He had a season-high 3 sacks against the Colts on November 25, 2012. During the season, Williams was often bothered by a wrist injury which supposedly affected his play.[17] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mario_Williams#cite_note-17)

On September 15, 2013, Williams had 4.5 sacks in a winning effort against the Carolina Panthers (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carolina_Panthers), which broke the Bills franchise record for the most sacks in a game. He finished the 2013 season with 38 tackles, a forced fumble, 4 passes defended, and 13 sacks in 16 starts. He finished the 2014 season with 42 total tackles (36 solo, 6 assisted), and 14.5 sacks. On January 2, 2015, he was named to the 2014 AP All-Pro First-team, as well as the 2015 Pro Bowl (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_Pro_Bowl).

The Bills hired Rex Ryan (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rex_Ryan) as their head coach the next season, and Williams was outspoken in his disdain for the scheme Ryan installed, mainly complaining about how he did not want to drop back into coverage. His effort noticeably declined, and he registered only 5.0 sacks.

On March 1, 2016, Williams was released by the Bills.[18] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mario_Williams#cite_note-18)

OpIv37
11-17-2023, 07:28 PM

Not even close. Williams didn’t live up to his paycheck here but he was decent.

Derrick Dockery FTW. Honorable mention to Vontae Davis for quitting on the team.

Charles Clay is up there boo.

Thurmal
11-17-2023, 10:38 PM
Not even close. Williams didn’t live up to his paycheck here but he was decent.

Derrick Dockery FTW. Honorable mention to Vontae Davis for quitting on the team.

Charles Clay is up there boo.

Dockery I'd the correct answer. Huge contract and was terrible compared to his career with the Redskins.

Luisito23
11-17-2023, 11:18 PM
:yawn:...I've stopped listening, and believing this guy a long ass time ago...

Hope he retires and end this stupid mistake this offseason.

YardRat
11-18-2023, 05:33 AM
I doubt he retires, this is easy money.

He needs to dominate again, pretty soon.

DetoxTent
11-18-2023, 06:55 AM

Both players were signed for way too much money that other teams weren't offering. They were both good for only a minute in time for Buffalo. So it's a reasonable to compare the two on those grounds.

sukie
11-18-2023, 10:54 AM
Both players were signed for way too much money that other teams weren't offering. They were both good for only a minute in time for Buffalo. So it's a reasonable to compare the two on those grounds.
Wrong. Texans did not want Williams. Rams wanted Von.
Williams underperformed after a year or so… but wasn’t injured.

Von WAS the pass rush before losing a year do to injury.

but please… compare them.

Typ0
11-18-2023, 12:45 PM
I think he's more referring to the teams ability to play competitive football and the fact that they have tools to do so if they employ them correctly.

Still think Von Miller is a warrior and huge asset to this team. Can understand folks frustration at the way things are but that is not all Von Miller. Be frustrated with his situation as his compadre this all has to be worked through. Von Miller is a warrior.

You want to win a championship? The vision and the attitude must change. What that is going to take is the moment the ball is snapped every man is going to have to give every bit of focus and energy they have. Remember the efforts of Kyle Williams who wanted to be a part of building that team mentality that can put you over the top. Von Miller is rehabbing during the games. Think about that. He's in rehab. He's playing. That is sacrifice.

And you can bet as Von Miller and the team worked through how they were going to go about this the options were weighed. Miller offered them the ability to have him on the field with his dedication and work ethic. That was the decision that was made. He easily could have been taking the year off spending more time with his family. Because he is gifted and the life he chose he puts everything aside to add value wherever he can.

I feel like we often misplace things in the way we think. What Von Miller is doing for the Buffalo Bills right now is homage to Kyle Williams. He took that on when he came here. He's doing his due diligence as a warrior to build the focus and thinking we want the organization to have -- and that most certainly is something you have to build and maintain.

So go and ***** out Josh Allen for getting so full of himself he can't see his own fallibility. He's prime physically but his brain is getting in the way.

Doesn't Von Miller deserve the opportunity to rehab before we throw him under the bus? It's the wrong thinking if he doesn't.

DetoxTent
11-19-2023, 07:44 PM
Wrong. Texans did not want Williams. Rams wanted Von.
Williams underperformed after a year or so… but wasn’t injured.

Von WAS the pass rush before losing a year do to injury.

but please… compare them.

Yikes to you. Just yikes.

Novacane
11-19-2023, 07:55 PM
No progress today. We had pressure all day and non of it came from Von. I hope he picks it up soon. We're stuck with his contract for another year.

sukie
11-19-2023, 07:56 PM
I know… dropping a truth bomb on you was pretty impressive. Sorry, had to do it.

kscdogbillsfan1221
11-19-2023, 08:06 PM

Just admit that you’re wrong, swiper

Mario Williams was a 2 time all pro when he was here. One time first team, the other second team.

von had 8 sacks in his first year (and was looking good before the injury) but has done literally nothing since
no comparison

OpIv37
11-19-2023, 08:49 PM
Hard to evaluate this one. The O dominated a great D. The D dominated what’s probably the worst O in the last decade.

justasportsfan
11-19-2023, 09:25 PM
Floyd could have been in double digit sacks by now if we didn't take away snaps from Floyd for Von.

I know we will need Von to be the old Von if we make playoffs but we need Floyd on the field NOw to make playoffs.

Woodman
11-19-2023, 11:10 PM
Floyd is playing possessed.

Douglas was a great pickup my player of the game!!

2 picks for Douglas and a fumble recovery

Poyer great effort just missed!

Historian
11-20-2023, 07:33 AM
I thought Poyer got robbed.

His hands were underneath the ball.

sukie
11-20-2023, 07:39 AM
Initially they were but he lost control finishing the catch. Correct call. Ground aided his finish.

Historian
11-20-2023, 07:42 AM
That's bull****.

If you're going to dissect every single catch in super slo-mo HD for five minutes, you could take any catch away from anybody.

Woodman
11-20-2023, 09:16 AM
I thought Poyer got robbed.

His hands were underneath the ball.

I thought it was a pick and he did have his hands under the ball.

Woodman
11-20-2023, 09:19 AM
Initially they were but he lost control finishing the catch. Correct call. Ground aided his finish.
It was called a pick .... I just didn't think it was irrefutable to overturn the call.

Give that play to two different crews and you 'll get two different outcomes JMO.

sukie
11-20-2023, 10:18 AM
It was called a pick .... I just didn't think it was irrefutable to overturn the call.

Give that play to two different crews and you 'll get two different outcomes JMO.
The correct call was to overturn it

ParanoidAndroid
11-20-2023, 11:56 AM
Floyd is playing possessed.

Douglas was a great pickup my player of the game!!

2 picks for Douglas and a fumble recovery

Poyer great effort just missed!
I don't think it's coincidental that Floyd's play seemed to drop off after Jones went down and is back up with Joseph here. I've been begging for a DT in the draft to develop but we went with Settle. He's not good.

Woodman
11-21-2023, 08:38 AM
I don't think it's coincidental that Floyd's play seemed to drop off after Jones went down and is back up with Joseph here. I've been begging for a DT in the draft to develop but we went with Settle. He's not good.

Joseph damn what a nice pick up! :cheers: