PDA

View Full Version : So what do we expect from Brady this week?

ghz in pittsburgh
11-16-2023, 09:21 AM
Honestly the change of OC kind of increased my interest of the Bills a bit - it was kind of waning on me, even last Monday night, I noticed myself was not so intent on not missing any plays. But the curiosity of what Brady may do on offense is there, not just for this season, it could mean for next year and beyond.

There are already a lot of talks about what he might change from the Dorsey's offense. Jets HC Saleh, when asked, said they have an idea but of course won't go into any details. The common theme is looking into his history with the Panthers, the 11 games OC in 2021. the one thing is the use of RB in passing game. Not as a dump-off, but actually scheme some plays to get the ball to the RBs. Now he did have Edwards-Helaire in LSU, MCaffrey in Caroline. But I'm sure he should be able to do something with Cook. That might be the biggest change we may see this week and going forward.

Forward_Lateral
11-16-2023, 09:35 AM
Scheme. Guys. Open.

Don't run the same 5 plays over and over.

Don't be an idiot, and if running the ball is working, keep doing it until they stop it. Don't run for 5, 8, 10, 15 yards all in a row, then pass 12 times right after it.

Create and call plays that PUT YOUR PLAYERS IN A POSITION TO SUCCEED. Don't just assume they are going to be successful because you think your plays are awesome. Don't expect all 11 guys to be perfect on every snap.

sahlensguy
11-16-2023, 09:37 AM
The short week won't let us see an expanded playbook. But the change is a wakeup call which hopefully will limit mistakes. No more fumbled handoffs.

sukie
11-16-2023, 09:41 AM
The playbook needs tweaking since the Jets know the plays based on formations

Woodman
11-16-2023, 10:44 AM
Running backs used in the pass game much more.

Historian
11-16-2023, 10:54 AM
Getting back with Gisele....?

ghz in pittsburgh
11-16-2023, 11:32 AM
I don't think stuff like scheme guys open will happen this week, maybe a couple of simple ones like throwing to RBs like I mentioned above. But the biggest change will be calling plays. I think most of us know Dorsey is late in making adjustment during the game, until it is too late. This is actually one of the biggest attraction this coming Sunday: how soon can Brady making effective adjustments because we know the Jets D is going to give us problem somewhere in the game. Are we going to stay stagnated like we've seen under Dorsey until late 4th Quarter where we throw the book out and just play Allen's street ball (and the defense is already gassed out)?

ghz in pittsburgh
11-16-2023, 11:37 AM
The playbook needs tweaking since the Jets know the plays based on formations

It is interesting to watch some cover 1 on the subject. They even talked about plays where the defenders knew the Bills play options and started to position themselves to make Josh and receivers to read into certain options and then make a play on that option.

Woodman
11-16-2023, 11:37 AM
Maybe Josh will catch a pass ...... Philly special style.

Mr. Pink
11-16-2023, 12:11 PM
Not much different than what we've already seen. McDermott's stench is all over this team and he's the one who wanted "complimentary football" I will say the Bills will likely play with much more fire and energy.

sukie
11-16-2023, 03:12 PM
I want complimentary football too. D makes a stop and the O compliments it with ensuing points

Jimkelly12203
11-16-2023, 03:40 PM
All i ask is that, instead of just doing whatever we think we want to do, we acknowledge what they do well, try to find a weakness. Attack that weakness and please just set up plays in the first and second quarter which might possibly give us opportunities to do something different out of those same formations in the second half.

call the game like Dabol did... That's all i ask. Its a tall order. I'm not capable of doing it. But that's why these guys get paid so handsomely. To be better at this than the other side's coordinator.

At the very minimum at least try to fool them. We have the tools in terms of personnel... Now use them.

sukie
11-16-2023, 03:43 PM
Well if you are calling like Daboll… pass on first

jamze132
11-16-2023, 09:26 PM
I want to see Josh under center more than 3-4 times per game…especially on 4th and 1!

Woodman
11-16-2023, 09:49 PM
I want to see Josh under center more than 3-4 times per game…especially on 4th and 1!
Damn I sure hope so.