X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Novacane
    • Jul 2002

Brady is off to a good start.

The TD's to Cook and Johnson were calls we haven't seen. The running game was working and he didn't abandon it. He did it against a good defense. I won't get excited yet but it beats the alternative. If the offense had looked bad McDermott would be destroyed this week. Brady and the offense bought McD a temporary stay of execution.
  • DetoxTent
    • Sep 2023

Re: Brady is off to a good start.

The play calling was noticeably better. Seemed to give the players a confidence boost. Where has Ty Johnson been all season? Loved him. Rasul Douglas and Floyd gets were fantastic. But Brady seemed to do a good job today. He let Allen run just enough. Not none, not too much.

Comment

• YardRat
      Well, lookie here...
      • Dec 2004

Meh, we'll see. Helps a lot when Josh isn't handing the ball over, the defense is getting turnovers, and guys (like Shakir) make big plays. Didn't see anything different today that we haven't seen all season, including Josh in shotgun in the red zone.

The biggest difference is Josh looked to get rid of the ball quick or bail on the play quicker if nothing was there. And that's execution, not play-calling.
      YardRat Wall of Fame
      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Ingtar33
        Dances With Buffaloes
        • Sep 2002

i saw a lot more motion that was for a purpose, something we haven't done since daboll was here. they did a lot of misdirection, another thing missing since daboll. these aren't complex things, but they've been missing from the super vanilla scheme dorsey was running.
        My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• kingJofNYC
          • Sep 2009

The way they got the TD to Shakir was nice. basically called 4 verticals with Cook over Sauce, gave Shakir more space and Sauce was splitting the two routes and freed up Shakir a bit more all while using a RB.

The cook td was nice too. But outside of that lot of the same stuff man, D just put us in good field positions with the turnovers. Let’s see what next week brings.

Comment

• Novacane
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
            Meh, we'll see. Helps a lot when Josh isn't handing the ball over, the defense is getting turnovers, and guys (like Shakir) make big plays. Didn't see anything different today that we haven't seen all season, including Josh in shotgun in the red zone.

The biggest difference is Josh looked to get rid of the ball quick or bail on the play quicker if nothing was there. And that's execution, not play-calling.

You're just being an old curmudgeon. There were plays like the TD to Cook that we have not seen. Dorsey would not have kept feeding Cook. It's one game. I'm not crowning him anything. Far from it but it's not fair to give him no credit.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
              • Mar 2004

They did a lot of little things like motion, especially on that TD to Cook.

Comment

• sukie
                Seriously?
                • Sep 2012

Brady had 4 days… sheesh.

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
                  • Aug 2004

I mentioned earlier this week - RB use in Brady's offense and it came to fuition. http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...rady-this-week It does look like a few layup plays added; very very few of Josh's passes are in the very difficult category.

We'll see what teams are going to react to Brady's twist of the Dorsey's offense. But again, Brady can certainly add more next week for the Eagles game - we may be able to punch back to the Eagles a little bit now.

What happen to Diggs? Not quite his normal stuff today.

Comment

• Historian
                    2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                    • Dec 2002

I thought he called a good game.

Some nice swing passes to the backs, and controlled the clock with the run.

Heavy doses of Kincaid in the first half.

Don't be surprised if the Bills steal one from the Eagles. They're coasting to the #1 seed, while the Bills have their backs against the wall, watching Miami defeat other scrubs.

I think the Bills beat the Eagles 38-35.

Comment

• YardRat
                      Well, lookie here...
                      • Dec 2004

I don't think they did any more motion than they have been. As a matter of fact, they didn't move Diggs or the TE's around nearly as much as they have been from what I saw.

Josh was a touch more accurate than he has been and didn't play stupid. That was the difference.

Cook had 3 more carries than his season average, not significant considering the other disparities in this game such as score (self-explanatory), time of possession (plus 8 minutes), and plays run (plus 10 plays). If your up by 20, have had the ball all day and are running more plays, yeah your back is probably going to get 3 more carries.

And I didn't expect any great shakes from Brady other than what we saw...keep running what we have been because we know it works, just don't turn the ball over and play stupid.
                      YardRat Wall of Fame
                      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• sukie
                        Seriously?
                        • Sep 2012

I don't think they did any more motion than they have been. As a matter of fact, they didn't move Diggs or the TE's around nearly as much as they have been from what I saw.

Josh was a touch more accurate than he has been and didn't play stupid. That was the difference.

Cook had 3 more carries than his season average, not significant considering the other disparities in this game such as score (self-explanatory), time of possession (plus 8 minutes), and plays run (plus 10 plays). If your up by 20, have had the ball all day and are running more plays, yeah your back is probably going to get 3 more carries.

And I didn't expect any great shakes from Brady other than what we saw...keep running what we have been because we know it works, just don't turn the ball over and play stupid.
                        Murray and Ty had Carrie’s as well plus Josh had designed runs so there was a increase in running plays… stringing drives together and having takeaways also helps.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                          • Jul 2002

The only difference I noticed is that our players didn't seem to want to go home before the game.even started.
                          sacrifice1
                          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Ed
                            Dude
                            • Sep 2002

Best OC we've ever had. Enjoy him while we can.

Comment

• OpIv37
                              Acid Douching Asswipe
                              • Sep 2002

Hard to draw conclusions from a one-game sample size but I’ll take it. The Jets’ d is really good at taking away big plays and star WR’s. Brady utilized runs and passes to TE’s and RB’s to work around that, and still managed to get the big play to Shakir.

We outcoached them and it’s something to build on.
                              MiKiDo Facebook
                              MiKiDo Website

Comment

Working...
                              X