PDA

View Full Version : Bills Jets Fight in Tunnel after game

BuffaloBlitz83
11-19-2023, 08:20 PM
Connor Hughes
@Connor_J_Hughes
There was just a HUGE fight in hallway leading back to the locker rooms between the #Jets & #Bills. Dion Dawkins was involved in it from the #Bills. A very emotional Michael Clemons off field, too.

Heard from a #Bills player as he walked back to locker room: “And we beat that ass, too!”

Historian
11-19-2023, 08:21 PM
The Jets have always been a dirty team.

Even more so when they suck....which is generally every year.

BuffaloBlitz83
11-19-2023, 08:24 PM
The Jets have always been a dirty team.

Even more so when they suck....which is generally every year.

Dion Dawkins after the game: “I’m a humble guy. I’m not a fan of the Jets. Very disrespectful players.”
7:10 PM · Nov 19, 2023
from Orchard Park, NY·
Views

Novacane
11-19-2023, 08:29 PM
The Jets were celebrating getting off the field on 3rd down when they were down by 23 points. They're a bunch of morons on defense who bought their own hype.

YardRat
11-19-2023, 08:33 PM
Dawkins is a dumbass. The antics he pulled when he got the personal foul were amateurish and embarrassing.

Mad Max
11-19-2023, 08:33 PM
Connor Hughes
@Connor_J_Hughes
There was just a HUGE fight in hallway leading back to the locker rooms between the #Jets & #Bills. Dion Dawkins was involved in it from the #Bills. A very emotional Michael Clemons off field, too.

Heard from a #Bills player as he walked back to locker room: “And we beat that ass, too!”

They chose violence :) I don’t hate this…kind of like a hockey/baseball fight. We are not soft. (Just hope no injuries other than Jet egos)

Mad Max
11-19-2023, 08:34 PM
Dawkins is a dumbass. The antics he pulled when he got the personal foul were amateurish and embarrassing.
You didn’t know this before tonight? The dude gave >himself< a nickname…and said nickname was “schnowman”…

Goobylal
11-19-2023, 08:43 PM

The PF was weak and should have been off-setting at worst. The refs were their typical ****ty selves tonight.

DraftBoy
11-19-2023, 08:48 PM
The PF was weak and should have been off-setting at worst. The refs were their typical ****ty selves tonight.

No, it wasn’t. Dawkins landed on him on purpose. It was the correct call.

Goobylal
11-19-2023, 10:41 PM
No, it wasn’t. Dawkins landed on him on purpose. It was the correct call.

Oh that's right. You're only allowed to land on a guy after the play if you're doing it to Josh Allen like Quincy Williams did twice the first time. And Clemons should have been flagged for throwing Dawkins to the ground.

Woodman
11-19-2023, 11:02 PM
Connor Hughes
@Connor_J_Hughes

I thought this **** might happen !! :jetsuck:

Mad Max
11-19-2023, 11:40 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The near fight in question. Michael Clemons and Dion Dawkins have to be separated. Two big dudes almost locked horns. Spilled over from beef during the 32-6 Bills win. �� From my iPhone <a href="https://t.co/P7xE0ADi3f">pic.twitter.com/P7xE0ADi3f</a></p>&mdash; Otis Livingston (@OlivingstonTV) <a href="https://twitter.com/OlivingstonTV/status/1726440695475413010?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 20, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Woodman
11-19-2023, 11:56 PM
You're only allowed to land on a guy after the play if you're doing it to Josh Allen like Quincy Williams did twice the first time.

He sure did .. that was ****ed up .. no QB protection whatsoever .. terrible no calls.

Call those we win the 1st one IMO.

DraftBoy
11-20-2023, 06:11 AM
Oh that's right. You're only allowed to land on a guy after the play if you're doing it to Josh Allen like Quincy Williams did twice the first time. And Clemons should have been flagged for throwing Dawkins to the ground.

None of that changes what Dawkins did, which was correctly called.

Forward_Lateral
11-20-2023, 06:16 AM
lol Clemons is real tough with his helmet on. Dawkins was walking to the locker room, minding his own business. Game was over. Clemons came up and acted like a G.

Also, the Jets players waving their fingers at the sideline after an incompletion when it was 29-3 was the epitome of that organization and their idiot mascara wearing head coach.

Goobylal
11-20-2023, 08:21 AM
None of that changes what Dawkins did, which was correctly called.

Sure it changes things. They should be calling everything. Including Clemons retaliating by throwing Dawkins to the ground.

- - - Updated - - -

lol Clemons is real tough with his helmet on. Dawkins was walking to the locker room, minding his own business. Game was over. Clemons came up and acted like a G.

Also, the Jets players waving their fingers at the sideline after an incompletion when it was 29-3 was the epitome of that organization and their idiot mascara wearing head coach.

I loved it when they clowned the Jets' defenders by doing that arm thing.

Woodman
11-20-2023, 08:33 AM
“I’m a humble guy (https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38943436/bills-dion-dawkins-rips-disrespectful-jets-tunnel-spat),” Dawkins said, via ESPN.com. “I’m not a fan, man — I’m not a fan of the Jets. Very disrespectful players. It’s what it is, and when we can run and pass and beat a team like that, cool. Thumbs up. . . . Guys playing with a lot of emotion and a lot of physicality, but just a lot of B.S., man. A lot of B.S. Like those guys, it’s what it is.”

Dion Dawkins isn't a fan of the "very disrespectful" Jets - NBC Sports (https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/dion-dawkins-isnt-a-fan-of-the-very-disrespectful-jets)

DraftBoy
11-20-2023, 09:07 AM
Sure it changes things. They should be calling everything. Including Clemons retaliating by throwing Dawkins to the ground.

No, it doesn’t. Whether you think it’s fair or not has nothing to do with the foul being correctly called on Dawkins and not the weak call you originally labeled it.

cookie G
11-20-2023, 10:04 AM
“I’m a humble guy (https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38943436/bills-dion-dawkins-rips-disrespectful-jets-tunnel-spat),” Dawkins said, via ESPN.com. “I’m not a fan, man — I’m not a fan of the Jets. Very disrespectful players. It’s what it is, and when we can run and pass and beat a team like that, cool. Thumbs up. . . . Guys playing with a lot of emotion and a lot of physicality, but just a lot of B.S., man. A lot of B.S. Like those guys, it’s what it is.”

Dion Dawkins isn't a fan of the "very disrespectful" Jets - NBC Sports (https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/dion-dawkins-isnt-a-fan-of-the-very-disrespectful-jets)

When you're hyped as the 85 Bears D, and a team puts up 32 points amd 400 yards on you, especially a team that just fired its OC less than a week prior...yeah, guys get testy.

I really don't see what caused Dawkins to start the situation by jumping on the guy. If it was due to a cheap shot against one of his teammates, I don't have the problem with it as others might. OL, more than any other position is protection, protect your teammates at all costs.

As far as the flop after he was pushed by Clemons, personally, I thought it was a great way to defuse the situation. It was his way of laughing at the hit and walking away.

Bill Cody
11-20-2023, 10:12 AM
When you're hyped as the 85 Bears D, and a team puts up 32 points amd 400 yards on you, especially a team that just fired its OC less than a week prior...yeah, guys get testy.

I really don't see what caused Dawkins to start the situation by jumping on the guy. If it was due to a cheap shot against one of his teammates, I don't have the problem with it as others might. OL, more than any other position is protection, protect your teammates at all costs.

As far as the flop after he was pushed by Clemons, personally, I thought it was a great way to defuse the situation. It was his way of laughing at the hit and walking away.

Personally I could have lived without the flop, it was embarrassing.

Goobylal
11-20-2023, 10:14 AM
No, it doesn’t. Whether you think it’s fair or not has nothing to do with the foul being correctly called on Dawkins and not the weak call you originally labeled it.

It should at least have been off-setting calls for Clemons throwing him down. Either call both or neither.

Goobylal
11-20-2023, 10:16 AM

Dawkins rarely ever does this. If he had a history of it, I'd say it's him. But the Jets are cheap-shot artists and those 2 hits by Quincy Williams on Josh that didn't draw fouls but got fined were ridiculous non-calls.