Perspective — Texans Have a Better Record & We Play KC & Philly Next on the Road

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheConsigliere
    • Aug 2022

Perspective — Texans Have a Better Record & We Play KC & Philly Next on the Road

I love the win.

It was very satisfying.

However, we play the Eagles in Philly next, then the BYE, then the Chiefs in KC and the Cowboys in OP.

Winning two of those 3 games would be impressive and we then only be 8-6.

DONE FOR DINNER?
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: Perspective — Texans Have a Better Record & We Play KC & Philly Next on the Road

It’s a tough road ahead. The math would be much better if they had pulled out any one of the 5 losses.

If they’re real SB contenders, they go no worse than 2-1 in the Philly/KC/Dallas stretch and run the table after that.

It’s a tall order, but anything less and they weren’t capable of winning it all anyway.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Woodman
      Legendary Zoner
      • Apr 2014

Re: Perspective — Texans Have a Better Record & We Play KC & Philly Next on the Road

Just play smart ...... we can be better ..... get after it Buffalo ..... no prisoners.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by TheConsigliere View Post
        I love the win.

It was very satisfying.

However, we play the Eagles in Philly next, then the BYE, then the Chiefs in KC and the Cowboys in OP.

DONE FOR DINNER?
        No.

If they go 11-6, there's no way they miss the playoffs.

If they go 10-7 I'd say there's a 75% chance they make it.

Remember, a lot of the teams in the muddle play each other. Houston plays the Jags, Broncos, Browns, Colts, not to mention 2 divisional games vs the Titans.

It's no cake walk for them either.

Comment

• jamze132
          Don’t hate…
          • Jun 2003

The AFC is wide open and there will be a lot of standings drama over the next month+. Going to be exciting as long as our offense gets back on track. But the defense injuries were sustaining could be a back breaker against these explosive offenses.

Comment

• Canadian'eh!
            • Mar 2004

They need 4 wins minimum.

if we’ve learned anything about this team, it’s that we can’t assume they will sweep the last 3 games (Miami is not a gimmie, I don’t care if we blew them out already), so don’t give me this “I’m not worried about the Chargers or Patriots crap.

we need to go 4-2 which means we really can’t afford to lose confidence vs Philly and KC and the head into an improved Dallas matchup needing to win out. If we don’t go 2-1 over the next 3 I feel like it’s likely we miss out.

Comment

• Historian
              2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
              • Dec 2002

Other than NE, the rest of the schedule is against top opponents, where we play our best football.

The league sees Allen as the great white hope.

My guess is that they would sell their souls for another Allen-Mahomes playoff game.

I think they beat Philly and Dallas, as well as the Chargers and the Pats.

It's going to come down to the game in Miami.

Comment

• Ingtar33
                Dances With Buffaloes
                • Sep 2002

Originally posted by TheConsigliere View Post
                I love the win.

It was very satisfying.

DONE FOR DINNER?
                If we want to win a superbowl we'll need to beat teams of that quality. it sucks we need to run the table, but we'd need to run the table in the playoffs too. Don't complain about needing to beat the champs to be the champs, they don't hand out superbowls to chumps.
                My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• Novacane
                  • Jul 2002

Well goollly gee George! Thanks for stating the obvious the rest of us had no clue.

Comment

• sahlensguy
                    • Mar 2015

If we win the next 3, like Romo said, we'll probably be the favorites to win the SB.

I can live with it.

And if we won any of the games we should have won, Dorsey would still be here and we're better off without him, in the short run and long run.

Comment

• Woodman
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Apr 2014

Most teams have 7 games left we have 6.

Every team in wild card position have 7 ..... that's a lot of games.

Injuries will play a huge part of course.

Houston QB Stroud is playing some very good football .... BUT ... that's a lot of games for a rookie .... just putting it out there.

Browns QB screams inexperience they do have an awesome defense anybody will give you that .... but that QB ...... well IMO he'll make enough mistakes.

Steelers do I need to say it about their QB damn he's he's he's not good!

Colts who's the QB oh yeah Minshew meh.

Broncos ​ how many more can they win

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• Chet
                        Allenhu Joshbar
                        • Feb 2017

Originally posted by sahlensguy View Post
                        If we win the next 3, like Romo said, we'll probably be the favorites to win the SB.

I can live with it.

And if we won any of the games we should have won, Dorsey would still be here and we're better off without him, in the short run and long run.
                        Well said, although McDermott is still in the building so I wouldn’t put it past this team to unexpectedly win the next 3, only to lose the remaining 3.

Comment

• sahlensguy
                          • Mar 2015

Originally posted by Chet View Post
                          Well said, although McDermott is still in the building so I wouldn’t put it past this team to unexpectedly win the next 3, only to lose the remaining 3.
                          Well let's hope McD feels the heat and coaches each game in the moment, and with urgency.

This O yesterday is winning football.

Comment

• cookie G
                            • Mar 2003

They aren't getting the Jets offense for the next few weeks.

I think the injuries will finally catch up to the D. Damn, they lost another 3 DBs yesterday.

Its going to be really tough.

A quick note about Houston. Maybe they finally stopped shooting themselves in the feet and are making some good decisions.

Ryans was a good hire, Not just because he's a former long time Texan, but he's a hell of a coach.
                            Stroud looks like they hit on their QB.
                            Tank Dell... a guy I had in a few of my mocks, is doing great. Another 140+ yard game yesterday. I loved watching him in the Senior Bowl practices. No one could cover him.
                            Motor- I'm happy for him. I never did get the hate for him.

Comment

• TheConsigliere
                              • Aug 2022

Originally posted by cookie G View Post
                              They aren't getting the Jets offense for the next few weeks.

I think the injuries will finally catch up to the D. Damn, they lost another 3 DBs yesterday.

Its going to be really tough.

A quick note about Houston. Maybe they finally stopped shooting themselves in the feet and are making some good decisions.

Ryans was a good hire, Not just because he's a former long time Texan, but he's a hell of a coach.
                              Stroud looks like they hit on their QB.
                              Tank Dell... a guy I had in a few of my mocks, is doing great. Another 140+ yard game yesterday. I loved watching him in the Senior Bowl practices. No one could cover him.
                              Motor- I'm happy for him. I never did get the hate for him.
                              The Texans are surprising.

Comment

Working...
                              X