PDA

View Full Version : Whoopee the Eagles are next

Woodman
11-20-2023, 12:03 PM
Success on the ground means success through the air. :idunno:

Smart football !! :gobills:

Thoughts/Comments as we head to Philadelphia?

Definitely gonna watch en tonight.

ParanoidAndroid
11-20-2023, 12:09 PM
They win close games at a high rate.

We lose close games at a high rate.

Ball security and take the points.

Let's see what this training room defense can do against a real offense.

Mad Max
11-20-2023, 12:24 PM
The Commanders scored 31 on them…TWICE… this season.

Remember what we did to the Commanders.

F the Giggles

Chet
11-20-2023, 01:24 PM
The Commanders scored 31 on them…TWICE… this season.

Remember what we did to the Commanders.

F the Giggles
By that logic, going into last week someone could have said, The Dolphins scored 70 on the Broncos, and look what we did to the Dolphins.

Not trying to be an ass, mate. But this game of “this team beat them and we beat that team so we should beat them” never adds up in the NFL. Never, after nearly 40 years of watching football

Skooby
11-20-2023, 01:36 PM
If we score 30 plus points a game, we’d have won all our games. I was able to decipher 70% of the offensive plays by formation, so a professional would be a lot higher. We actually threw screen yesterday and our play action plays averaged 7.5 yards yesterday, little unknown facts. Dorsey barely used play action, he was a fool.

daryls61
11-20-2023, 02:02 PM
Eagles are good. It will be a tough test. Jets, Cheats and Broncos losses though......

notacon
11-20-2023, 02:22 PM
FANTASTIC!!!!

This gives the Bills a chance to show they are for real.

Mad Max
11-20-2023, 02:46 PM
By that logic, going into last week someone could have said, The Dolphins scored 70 on the Broncos, and look what we did to the Dolphins.

Not trying to be an ass, mate. But this game of “this team beat them and we beat that team so we should beat them” never adds up in the NFL. Never, after nearly 40 years of watching football

My point was that they are very beatable, I just used their dual performances against a bottom dwelling team with a first year inexperienced QB as an example…I opined before, during and now after our malaise that there is no unbeatable team in the NFL this season. It’s full of meh. The giggles are not dominant by any stretch of the imagination and we certainly with a good effort can beat them.

Chet
11-20-2023, 03:11 PM
My point was that they are very beatable, I just used their dual performances against a bottom dwelling team with a first year inexperienced QB as an example…I opined before, during and now after our malaise that there is no unbeatable team in the NFL this season. It’s full of meh. The giggles are not dominant by any stretch of the imagination and we certainly with a good effort can beat them.
I agree that nobody wows this year, but I am still very impressed with how KC and Philly can maintain success and find ways to win amidst what has been pretty mediocre play from the Chiefs O and Eagles D. That’s what winners do.

These Buffalo Bills—despite having a run of regular season success and being a SB contender from 2020-2022—still have one unmistakable resembling trait to the teams of the drought years: they still find new and inventive ways to blow games and opportunities.

Mad Max
11-20-2023, 03:21 PM
I agree that nobody wows this year, but I am still very impressed with how KC and Philly can maintain success and find ways to win amidst what has been pretty mediocre play from the Chiefs O and Eagles D. That’s what winners do.

These Buffalo Bills—despite having a run of regular season success and being a SB contender from 2020-2022—still have one unmistakable resembling trait to the teams of the drought years: they still find new and inventive ways to blow games and opportunities.
I’m not gonna bother “researching” but I’d argue that most of our problems probably came down to stupid play calls and or Josh doing stupid ish.

Yesterday gave me hope that we’ve turned the page on the worst of those two obstacles to winning.

hope I’m right

Chet
11-20-2023, 03:24 PM
I’m not gonna bother “researching” but I’d argue that most of our problems probably came down to stupid play calls and or Josh doing stupid ish.

Yesterday gave me hope that we’ve turned the page on the worst of those two obstacles to winning.

hope I’m right
Hope so too mate. The good thing is we won’t have to wait long to find out if this team is still a legit contender

Mace
11-20-2023, 04:44 PM
Actually looked into them a little. They're entering their own proving ground 5 game stretch of tougher games. Hasn't been a tough schedule, beat the Cowboys at home and Dolphins, lost to the Jets the same way we did, turnovers....otherwise took care of their regular season biz like earlier versions of the Bills did when they were younger.

They're pretty comparable to the Bills. Around 1,000 yards in rushing (2 main contributors), 2,000 in passing (3 main contributors), Bills have more contributors, same general numbers.

10th in passing, lower half of the league in attempts. They can run, 8th in yards....21st in y/a.....so they grind (that's a worry) to open up the pass, and it's effective. They generally do not turnover a lot, but they're in a stretch of a couple per game. More disciplined with turnovers.

Their defense is a brick wall against the run, to date, 1st in yards, but 29th against the pass, while 31st in int's. They're 5th in yards per attempt so it's not like teams don't need to run on them because of the passing gravy.

They're beatable,if we show up with opportunistic aggressive defense, I don't see how a 50/50 run/pass offense will dent them. They're going to run to set up the pass, it's not a good matchup there....and at least to me it looks like a surgical passing game at all levels, even to backs will go a long way toward winning a high scoring game if we don't produce a turnoverfest, and keep the ball away from their clock eating offense tearing away at our zones.

Of course, by my track record, it could easily be a 10-9 game determined by Murray on 3 yard runs.

I'd probably want to attack them with an aggressive passing game to set them back on their heels for a while to butter them up for a last quarter James Cook flying around effort.

Ingtar33
11-20-2023, 04:49 PM
the eagles defense will be the easiest one of the 3 we have upcoming to face. the chiefs and cowboys defenses are on another level.

sukie
11-20-2023, 04:50 PM
Any idea on Fournette potential sightings?

DetoxTent
11-20-2023, 05:42 PM
Bills play too undisciplined. Too many penalties. Too many turnovers. That's on the head coach.

jamze132
11-20-2023, 08:04 PM
It doesn’t matter how one team faired against another. Any given Sunday!

The best thing a coordinator can do is watch how the teams with success did it and try to duplicate.

Woodman
11-20-2023, 08:44 PM
the eagles defense will be the easiest one of the 3 we have upcoming to face. the chiefs and cowboys defenses are on another level.

no doubt about it.

Woodman
11-20-2023, 08:46 PM
It doesn’t matter how one team faired against another. Any given Sunday!

The best thing a coordinator can do is watch how the teams with success did it and try to duplicate.

I'm sure we're paying attention!

KC is showing the way!!

acehole
11-21-2023, 06:53 AM
Success on the ground means success through the air. :idunno:

Smart football !! :gobills:

Thoughts/Comments as we head to Philadelphia?

Definitely gonna watch en tonight.

acehole
11-21-2023, 06:56 AM
Posting from my phone is so messed up when I’m driving. I can’t see squat. After a lot of film study… The Eagles are beatable. Who doesn’t like a comeback story? Who did like winning against all odds? Sean McDermott coach of the year? Who knows? Nobody circles the wagons like the Buffalo Bills!

Historian
11-21-2023, 07:02 AM
I like the Bills in this game, simply because Philly is coasting to the #1 seed in the crap conference.

They don't need this game, and Buffalo does.

The Bills just can't beat themselves.

ParanoidAndroid
11-21-2023, 09:06 AM
Chiefs were running on Philly but you could see how going cheap at the WR position could bite them in the ass.

Can we get Shakir isolated on Roby like that next week?

Valdez-Scandling had the game winner right on his hands and pulled a Joker.

acehole
11-21-2023, 09:07 AM
Posting from my phone is so messed up when I’m driving. I can’t see squat. After a lot of film study… The Eagles are beatable. Who doesn’t like a comeback story? Who doesnt like winning against all odds? Sean McDermott coach of the year? Who knows? Nobody circles the wagons like the Buffalo Bills!

Mad Max
11-21-2023, 09:15 AM
Chiefs were running on Philly but you could see how going cheap at the WR position could bite them in the ass.

Can we get Shakir isolated on Roby like that next week?

Valdez-Scandling had the game winner right on his hands and pulled a Joker.
They played a little like the Bills had played the last several weeks, playing good defense and moving the ball at will quite often until turning the ball over. They did so twice in the red zone with one INT and one fumble to go along with the EZ drop and other drops. The Chefs lost more than the Giggles won.

Chet
11-21-2023, 09:23 AM
Recipe for Bills success is quite simple.

-2 or more in TO margin = loss
-1 or tie = win
Win the TO battle = blowout win

You can pretty much set your watch by this in the Allen/McD era

GreedoII
11-21-2023, 12:31 PM

That's a HC problem....something the KC and Philly doesn't have at the moment.

notacon
11-21-2023, 01:29 PM
Every NFL team is "beatable". It's just some are harder to beat than others.

Of course winning the turnover battle is always key in the NFL.

The key to this game is NOT turning the ball over AT ALL, not just winning the turnover battle. Getting one or two TO (with zero on our side) means the Bills probably win.

Especially early in the game. It's no surprise that the two games the Bills should have never lost, vs NE and Denver, they turned the ball over on the very first offensive play.

Woodman
11-21-2023, 02:02 PM
1) Every NFL team is "beatable". It's just some are harder to beat than others.
Especially early in the game. It's no surprise that the two games the Bills should have never lost, vs NE and Denver, they turned the ball over on the very first offensive play.

1) They are for damn sure.

2) Just can't start off the way we did in those two games .... just awful.

Mr. Pink
11-21-2023, 02:22 PM
The one week Joe Brady honeymoon will be over after this one.

Eagles will coast to a victory and we'll all get to stew for a full 2 weeks while we wait for another tough game against KC.

Woodman
11-21-2023, 02:40 PM

Eagles will coast to a victory and we'll all get to stew for a full 2 weeks while we wait for another tough game against KC.

They have the very best record in the entire NFL ............ I'd love the challenge and so will any real competitor.

Mad Max
11-21-2023, 03:36 PM

They’ve played better than us certainly but I’m curious what makes you feel like they’ll “coast to a victory”?

Ed
11-21-2023, 04:32 PM
I like the Bills in this game, simply because Philly is coasting to the #1 seed in the crap conference.

Yeah I'm glad that the Eagles won. With how that superbowl ended this had to have been a pretty emotional game and physically tough in bad conditions. Now traveling home late Monday night for a short week of preparation after a big win feels like a ripe opportunity for them to come out flat.

sahlensguy
11-21-2023, 04:35 PM
Bills play too undisciplined. Too many penalties. Too many turnovers. That's on the head coach.

Ultimately yes but blame needs to get spread out. Everyone needs to be accountable.

DetoxTent
11-21-2023, 05:33 PM
Every NFL team is "beatable". It's just some are harder to beat than others.

https://media.giphy.com/media/iQEOg3zGJBXLa/giphy.gif Thanks a lot https://th.bing.com/th/id/R.d8e9d55ab773ead991eac9b41d1bca8d?rik=H03I8nAJwFUUzQ&riu=http%3a%2f%2fgifimage.net%2fwp-content%2fuploads%2f2017%2f10%2fcaptain-obvious-gif-8.gif&ehk=gmS9XNRhlM8ITu%2fSqoDYsZPp36XhIcgnvkgJUWrU2gA%3d&risl=&pid=ImgRaw&r=0.

- - - Updated - - -

Ultimately yes but blame needs to get spread out. Everyone needs to be accountable.

**** rolls uphill for this.

acehole
11-21-2023, 05:44 PM
This is interdasting (Misspelling intended Disclaimer for the transitioning). I don't think the Bills really know who "they" are either.
A win here would be rocket fuel for their trajectory. That is why I think they leave it all on the field here.

Bills 28 Eagles 24.

Mace
11-21-2023, 06:39 PM

Eagles still look hungry, Bills just don't imho. Bills look like they're sort of making an effort to still look hungry and it will all work, Eagles are serious about their window.

Mr. Pink
11-22-2023, 01:44 AM
They’ve played better than us certainly but I’m curious what makes you feel like they’ll “coast to a victory”?

The Eagles are the number 1 defense against the run in football. We want to play "complimentary football." So we'll go out and try to run, it won't work, we'll be forced into 3rd and long situations and Josh will be forced back into playing hero ball. He'll turn the ball over 2-3 times in this game...and Jalen Hurts will just torch our depleted aging secondary.

Eagles will coast to a 2 TD victory.

And the sky will go back to falling around these parts with a long wait into another tough game at Arrowhead.

And good luck with that one as well. This is probably the best the Chiefs have played defensively while Mahomes has been there and Mahomes can still do Mahomes like things from time to time even when all he has is Kelce and Pacheco. If Mahomes does Mahomes type of things against us it could be another 2 TD loss. Even if he doesn't, then we still have to worry about hero ball Josh showing up and another 2-3 touchdowns.

We play better overall if we can jump out to an early comfortable lead. We ain't doing that these next two games. I would say the next 3 games but you never know what Dak Prescott led Cowboys team is going to show up. They're going to require a tough full 60 minute effort. Which that type of effort is something else we haven't seen this team do since we played the Dolphins.

YardRat
11-22-2023, 05:33 AM

Accountable for their role. Not somebody else's **** ups.

Woodman
11-22-2023, 12:12 PM
Yeah I'm glad that the Eagles won. With how that superbowl ended this had to have been a pretty emotional game and physically tough in bad conditions. Now traveling home late Monday night for a short week of preparation after a big win feels like a ripe opportunity for them to come out flat.

Another situation is next week's game when the Eagles host the suddenly RED HOT 49ers in a game that will likely determine home field advantage or at least eliminate the 49ers from getting it.

This is the (Eagles) must win game.

Leaving the Lions as their only remaining obstacle.

If the 49ers get home field and stay healthy it's game over in the NFC.

Woodman
11-24-2023, 05:02 PM
Dallas Goedert out for Eagles vs. Bills

Eagles receivers A.J. Brown, DeVonta Smith, Julio Jones, and running back D’Andre Swift are all good to go for Sunday with no injury designation.