PDA

View Full Version : Trade Winfield for Milloy?

juice
09-05-2003, 01:43 PM
AW has said signing talks for now are on hold (BILLS DAILY), possibly leading to free agent market. QUESTION: excluding the financial aspects, too early to factor in until performance questions can be answered, would a "swap" of Ty Law for Winfield be beneficial for the BILLS? :afro:

The Spaz
09-05-2003, 01:44 PM
Well for right now don't know to tell you the truth have to see how Winfield does this season. For now I'm just going to enjoy both of them being in our secondary!:)

Novacane
09-05-2003, 01:50 PM
Winfield is not the cover corner everyone says he is. His strength is against the run. With improved LB's and now Milloy in the secondary, run support from a CB is not as important. I think Winfied will leave next year.

This post is not to knock him.........I love his hitting and would like to keep him but he does not deserve to be paid like a "lock down corner" *

*= phrase borrowed from WYs

LtBillsFan66
09-05-2003, 01:53 PM
Maybe the cap experts can help with this. Maybe we don't have the room to re-sign him now, but how about after the season?

ArcticWildMan
09-05-2003, 01:56 PM
I agree with FTG. Milloy makes Winfield the odd man out in our defense. We need a CB that can be a cover guy.

ryven
09-05-2003, 02:28 PM
Winfield is fine as a cover guy he may not be the best but he is above average.

juice
09-05-2003, 02:35 PM
How about replacing Winfield with Ty Law when he becomes a free agent next year?

Dozerdog
09-05-2003, 03:23 PM
Lots of FA CB's next season- there will be a glut driving down the price. If the Bills have a successful playoff season, Winfield's price might get pushed a bit higher. I'd let him test the market- if someone wants to overpay, then we have plenty of options to go to to replace him.

juice
09-05-2003, 03:46 PM
I single out Ty Law because of the relationship already established, personal and professional. He's not getting Baily or Woodson #'s, more on the level of Mcallister. He's got alot of Knowledge of defending AFC East recievers and with he and Milloy in your backfield you've got an idea of how to stop Brady, your new AFC East biggest rival. :afro: Beat The Pats

Ebenezer
09-05-2003, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by billsfanone
Maybe the cap experts can help with this. Maybe we don't have the room to re-sign him now, but how about after the season?

No room to do a deal this since we signed Milloy...plenty of room to stick the tag on him next year, to resign him outright or to get somebody else.

BuffaloBillsDan
09-05-2003, 04:49 PM
I call it the Law of the Cap -- each year there will be one top player that you probably can't afford to keep. I think the Bills have figured it will be Winfieild and are willing to gamble that he can be signed or more readily replaced than someone else. Nate has been more productive -- but that very thing may allow Winfield to have an outstanding year.