• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Any interest in Ron Rivera for DC?

All indications out of DC are that he’s going to get fired after the Cowboys serve the Commies a can of whoopass for Thanksgiving dinner.

I wouldn’t make an in-season change. The D has held its’ own despite having a plethora of injuries. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.

But, long term, I don’t like the idea of the HC being dual hatted as either a GM or play-caller on either side of the ball.

We all know that McD worked under Rivera in Carolina and they have a good working relationship. And while Rivera didn’t do well with the Commies, that organization is such a cluster**** that he really had no shot.

Something to think about for the off-season….
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • sukie
    Seriously?
    • Sep 2012

Re: Any interest in Ron Rivera for DC?

Personnel wise they had done really strong pieces on defense. Should have been better than they were but Chase had injury issues it it just never gelled. Now Sweat and Chase are gone. For Wash fans that is painful.

Comment

• Goobylal
      • Jan 2004

If McD survives, I can absolutely see Riverboat Ron being the DC next year.

Comment

• Woodman
        Legendary Zoner
        • Apr 2014

Definitely a future candidate.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• Novacane
          • Jul 2002

Isn't Frazier coming back? He just needed a year off.

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
            Making Spirits Bright
            • Mar 2006

I wouldn't mind McDermott calling the plays so long as there's a capable DC that can literally handle everything else...certainly wouldn't mind Rivera. This year McDermott has proven to me that he's a solid play-caller on defense besides that one play at the end of the Giants game.

Plus he has the required Carolina Panther connection necessary to be hired for on to our staff.

Comment

• Woodman
              Legendary Zoner
              • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Novacane View Post
              Isn't Frazier coming back? He just needed a year off.
              Right now I wouldn't put it past em.

We need a beast ......... anybody come to mind? (seriously)

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• Woodman
                Legendary Zoner
                • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Joe Fo Sho View Post
                I wouldn't mind McDermott calling the plays so long as there's a capable DC that can literally handle everything else...certainly wouldn't mind Rivera. This year McDermott has proven to me that he's a solid play-caller on defense besides that one play at the end of the Giants game.

Plus he has the required Carolina Panther connection necessary to be hired for on to our staff.
                Well that Panther connection makes it extremely possible .... forgot that.

Rivera can take charge as DC at a much higher level ..... than as a HC.

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                  My battery is low and it's getting dark.
                  • Apr 2004

I think he's going to retire.

Comment

• Woodman
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Apr 2014

Originally posted by ParanoidAndroid View Post
                    I think he's going to retire.
                    I hope he does he does not need the ****ing stress.

Comment

• Mace
                      Haha...yeah you think so ?
                      • Mar 2013

Wouldn't surprise me if Frazier did come back. He did a recent interview where he spoke about stepping away, he wasn't fired.

If not, I expect Rivera to retire, and if McDermott survives, which I think he will, I'd expect Al Holcomb (senior defensive assistant) or Bobby Babich (lb coach and the younger of the previous Bobs Babich), both presently on staff. If McDermott keeps the reins it will be desperation, and I expect him to because he's getting nervous.

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
                        • Jul 2005

I do want a DC in place next season. I don’t think it’s an accident that the team hasn’t felt as tight as in previous years. Losing a game on a 12 men penalty, McDermott himself says the offensive culture deteriorated, stuff like that just makes me feel like he has too much on his plate. Especially since the defense hasn’t exactly been on autopilot this season with all the injuries and new faces filling in.

Wouldn’t be pissed about Rivera if he’s the choice
                        Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

Working...
                        X