PDA

View Full Version : Buffalo Bills rooting interests for Week 12, Thanksgiving

Woodman
11-22-2023, 02:10 PM
AFC Playoff Picture- Buffalo Bills rooting interests for Week 12, Thanksgiving - Buffalo Rumblings (https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2023/11/22/23970789/afc-playoff-picture-buffalo-bills-rooting-interests-for-week-12-thanksgiving-who-to-root-for)

Buffalo Bills over Philadelphia Eagles
Sunday, November 26, 4:25 p.m. EST

The Eagles are coming off a short week where they didn’t play particularly well but took advantage of a bunch of mistakes to squeeze out a win over the Chiefs. If Buffalo wins, their chances of making the playoffs jump from 23% to 37% according to the New York Times (https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2023/upshot/buffalo-bills-nfl-playoff-picture.html#buf-den-10=win&buf-nyj-11=win&lac-buf-16=loss&buf-ne-17=win&mia-buf-18=loss). If they lose, they fall to just 14%.

New York Jets over Miami Dolphins
Friday, November 24, 3:00 p.m. EST

The Miami Dolphins struggled to beat the Las Vegas Raiders in Week 11. If the Bills want to win the AFC East, they need the Dolphins to lose at least one game before Miami and Buffalo meet in the season finale. This is the first Jets-Dolphins game of the season and they’ll play each other twice in the next month.

Woodman
11-22-2023, 02:12 PM
Jacksonville Jaguars over Houston Texans
Sunday, November 26, 1:00 p.m. ESTIf you’re worried about playoff seeding for division winners because you think the Bills are going on a run, go ahead and pick the Texans. Right now, I’m more concerned about making the playoffs, which means we want the division-leading Jaguars (who also have a head-to-head win over Buffalo) to beat the team in Wild Card position.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers over Indianapolis Colts
Sunday, November 26, 1:00 p.m. ESTWho would have thought? The Colts are on Buffalo’s heels right now. An NFC team knocking them down a peg would be really helpful.

Woodman
11-22-2023, 02:14 PM
Los Angeles Chargers over Baltimore Ravens
Sunday, November 26, 8:20 p.m. ESTIf you want to concede the AFC North and a higher seed in the playoffs to the Ravens, you can flip this pick. If you’re only worried about making the playoffs, the simulations are clear: root for the Chargers. That way if the Ravens continue to fall into the Wild Card race, the Bills can pass them.

Cincinnati Bengals over Pittsburgh Steelers
Sunday, November 26, 1:00 p.m. ESTThe Steelers are in playoff position and the Bengals are a full game back. Evening their records at 6-5 is the right call even if it feels weird.

Cleveland Browns over Denver Broncos
Sunday, November 26, 4:05 p.m ESTHoo boy. The Broncos pose the greater risk to the Bills because of their head-to-head win. That’s the story. The Browns are already 1.5 games ahead of the Bills and at 7-3, conceding a playoff spot to them while continuing to beat down the Broncos is in Buffalo’s best interests.

Novacane
11-22-2023, 06:52 PM
Just give me a Jets win.

ParanoidAndroid
11-22-2023, 07:17 PM
Just give me a Bills win.

Woodman
11-22-2023, 07:58 PM
Just give me a Jets win.

:cheers:
would be nice!!

Woodman
11-22-2023, 08:00 PM
Just give me a Bills win.

:cheers: most important!!

Saratoga Slim
11-22-2023, 08:31 PM
J E T S Jets Jets Jets!

now excuse me while i shower

Woodman
11-22-2023, 08:50 PM
J E T S Jets Jets Jets!

now excuse me while i shower

Just one time baby!!

:bath:

Historian
11-23-2023, 07:47 AM
FISH FRY!!!!

:squish:

Cntrygal
11-23-2023, 07:51 AM
They only one of those that I'm tempted to ignore is Cincy/Steelers... The crickets from Cincy's fan base is kind of nice.

Forward_Lateral
11-23-2023, 08:07 AM
The Jets better hope the new guy is the second coming of Joe Namath, and not Browning Nagle, if they want to beat Miami

Woodman
11-23-2023, 09:19 AM
The Jets better hope the new guy is the second coming of Joe Namath, and not Browning Nagle, if they want to beat Miami

Breaking News:

If the Jets beat the Dolphins it won't be because of the QB. :squish:

Of course unless it's because of the Dolphin QB :D

Mr. Pink
11-23-2023, 12:23 PM
Always fun when you're already stuck in hoping for other teams to lose mode this early in a season.

Just keep pace with the Fish and then beat them in Week 18.

Cntrygal
11-23-2023, 12:41 PM
Always fun when you're already stuck in hoping for other teams to lose mode this early in a season.

Just keep pace with the Fish and then beat them in Week 18.

At least those of us that have been around for "awhile", already know the drill. :fogey:

Mr. Pink
11-23-2023, 12:52 PM
At least those of us that have been around for "awhile", already know the drill. :fogey:

The drill used to be we were pretty much already out of it this early in this season, so this is an improvement on that but obviously a regression on the past few seasons.

Woodman
11-23-2023, 01:25 PM

Your damn right we do ! :fogey:

Woodman
11-23-2023, 01:30 PM
The drill used to be we were pretty much already out of it this early in this season, so this is an improvement on that but obviously a regression on the past few seasons.
Right now we are.

:band:

Just take care of what's in front of us and we can change all of that.

You probably won't believe this but I had the rooting interests starting with week 11 and have them projected every week thereafter .... all the way through week 18.

Cntrygal
12-03-2023, 03:50 PM
If only the Bills would handle their own business, so we wouldn't have to do mental gymnastics. :sadwalk:

Mad Max
12-03-2023, 04:10 PM
If only the Bills would handle their own business, so we wouldn't have to do mental gymnastics. :sadwalk:

Exactly. We shouldn’t be in run the magic lamp mode at all this season but here we are. :(

Mace
12-03-2023, 04:58 PM

You just said it really. To me it starts and ends with the Bills needing to win out.

Woodman
12-03-2023, 07:06 PM
You just said it really. To me it starts and ends with the Bills needing to win out.
The 1st rule in football ..... take care of your business 1st!

BuffaloBlitz83
12-03-2023, 07:38 PM
Pitt cle denver lost!