PDA

View Full Version : Mike McDaniel confirms Jaelan Phillips suffered torn Achilles

Woodman
11-25-2023, 12:40 PM
Dolphins linebacker Jaelan Phillips indeed suffered a torn Achilles, head coach Mike McDaniel told reporters in his Saturday press conference.

There was little doubt Phillips suffered the injury after replay showed Phillips’ calf reverberate on a non-contact play during the Friday victory over the Jets.

“We all know he’ll come back with a vengeance (https://x.com/wingfieldnfl/status/1728476409327464482?s=46&t=hUOcK3c8CaVW6bg2JUaP3g) when his time comes,” McDaniel said, via Travis Wingfield of the team’s website.

A first-round pick in 2021, Phillips was putting together a strong year. In eight games this season, he recorded 6.5 sacks, seven tackles for loss, and 11 quarterback hits with an interception.

Chet
11-25-2023, 12:45 PM
Tough break for the kid but Van Ginkel is great depth. Ogbah had one good year, got paid then went AWOL

Goobylal
11-25-2023, 04:27 PM
Looked apparent on the replay. You can see his tendon retract.

Oh well, every team has injuries. But that's gonna hurt them because he was a good player for them.

Kenny
11-25-2023, 04:56 PM
yeah that's too bad. Concussion issues aside (which seems to a non-issue in the pros), I was really hoping he would fall to us in the draft. He's a monster, and he's going to be special.

Oh well, it'll be interesting if that week 17 game for us has any meaning or not.

Woodman
11-25-2023, 06:30 PM
I was really hoping he would fall to us in the draft. He's a monster, and he's going to be special.

He's their best on D !! Huge Loss !!

ParanoidAndroid
11-25-2023, 06:59 PM
I always thought he was clearly the better prospect of the two Miami DE's with weird college careers. Both missed time, both showed promise but Phillips was a better overall athlete than Rousseau who just looked lumbering and slow.

Rousseau has upped his explosiveness and can set an edge.

Phillips just can't catch a break, injury wise.