PDA

View Full Version : Draft discussion thread

Billscusey
11-26-2023, 07:08 PM
It’s that time. What is our greatest need?

Canadian'eh!
11-26-2023, 07:10 PM
Head coach

Chet
11-26-2023, 07:14 PM
Head coach
That’s it and that’s all

acehole
11-26-2023, 07:20 PM
hahaha Great thread.

Novacane
11-26-2023, 07:20 PM
Both our safties are washed up. We could use a right tackle. We need a legit #2 WR who can step into the #1 role in a couple years. Most of all we need a fresh start at HC.

kscdogbillsfan1221
11-26-2023, 07:22 PM
not in this particular order

head coach
Two safeties
center (morses brains are gonna be scrambled sooner than later)
right tackle
wr #2
a corner than can stay healther.

just to start

Canadian'eh!
11-26-2023, 07:38 PM
I assume we will pick between 8-12.

There’s 3 OTs in the top 10, a couple WRs and one CB I’d be happy with.

Forward_Lateral
11-26-2023, 07:55 PM
A big bastard like Davis on Philly

ParanoidAndroid
11-26-2023, 08:01 PM
We need to draft and develop an A-gap DT even though Jones is fantastic. And we need to somehow shed the Miller $$$.

But yeah.... We need safeties and a WR 1b.

YardRat
11-26-2023, 08:12 PM
I'll take anybody that isn't over-rated or an outright bust at this point, who cares about the position.

Mad Max
11-26-2023, 08:25 PM
I would bet the farm and livestock that Beane grabs a receiver in Rd1

2024 draft on paper has a chance to be an all time WR class

harrison jr/ Nabers who we won’t suck bad enough to be in the running for

but Egbuka and Odunze are gonna be in play

I’d try and get a LB/Safety/2 OL/ Big RB

UDFA kicker and punter

Forward_Lateral
11-26-2023, 08:26 PM
I'll take anybody that isn't over-rated or an outright bust at this point, who cares about the position.

Honestly, they should trade their 1st.

Mad Max
11-26-2023, 08:32 PM

nah. Not at this stage in our window.

grab one of the stud WR. Josh ain’t getting any younger

Woodman
11-26-2023, 08:33 PM
It’s that time. What is our greatest need?

Head Coach

Mad Max
11-26-2023, 08:41 PM
Head Coach

There he is. Was gonna file a missing persons report

Novacane
11-26-2023, 09:29 PM

Why? Beane has one first round bust and that's because he tried to force a position of need with Elam.

Mr. Pink
11-27-2023, 01:06 AM
We need a WR worth a damn.

Gabe is gonna be gone. Shakir has some nice games but nothing consistent. Diggs should be shown the door after 2024.

So we draft the 2025 No1 replacement who gets a year to be the number 2.

We should have drafted a WR in this past draft. But nope, we traded up for some tight end that makes zero difference on the field, that everyone is gushing over. Tonight's performance 5 catches for 38 yards. What a difference maker he is.

Aren't you glad we traded up for the guy?

mightysimi
11-27-2023, 12:36 PM
Which WR would you have drafted instead of Kinkaid? The only one who has made even a dent in being useful is Addison and Flowers looks to be coming along. Either way moot point as they were gone before the Bills picked. So who of Mingo, Reed, Rice, Mims, Dell would be dominating as a rookie in this offence?

Yes I am happy they got Kinkaid. He is the only reliable over the middle target on the team.

Ingtar33
11-27-2023, 12:45 PM
Which WR would you have drafted instead of Kinkaid? The only one who has made even a dent in being useful is Addison and Flowers looks to be coming along. Either way moot point as they were gone before the Bills picked. So who of Mingo, Reed, Rice, Mims, Dell would be dominating as a rookie in this offence?

Yes I am happy they got Kinkaid. He is the only reliable over the middle target on the team.

Kinkaid looks like a young Kelsey. give him 3 years and he'll be a 100 catch 10td guy. hell he might end up with 80 catches in his rookie year.

notacon
11-27-2023, 12:55 PM
#2 WR. Safety. D-line depth.

ZERO (unless the Bills get blown out in every remaining game, like some confused "fans" are rooting for :rolleyes:) need for a new HC.

mightysimi
11-27-2023, 01:45 PM
Kinkaid looks like a young Kelsey. give him 3 years and he'll be a 100 catch 10td guy. hell he might end up with 80 catches in his rookie year.
He is currently 6th in all time catches as a rookie TE with 5 games to play. He needs 25 catches to have the most ever by a TE.

I think he will be good too. Just need to keep using him in the second half.

Mad Max
11-27-2023, 03:07 PM
He is currently 6th in all time catches as a rookie TE with 5 games to play. He needs 25 catches to have the most ever by a TE.

If he stays healthy he’ll be one of the top 2-3 TE in the league.

acehole
11-27-2023, 03:35 PM
nah. Not at this stage in our window.

grab one of the stud WR. Josh ain’t getting any younger

We need alot of cheap players to take the place of the age on this team. They seem to know how to grab low cost vets for stop gaps.

There is no "Guy" they must have. Unless there is a starting corner on the board or we don't sign Gabe Davis...we should trade down.
This happens to be a deep class in areas of need for us.

If we don't make the playoffs I think we need a quick tear down.

Secondary needs lots of help and now LB, DL. WR, Center...yes TE.

YardRat
11-27-2023, 05:51 PM
Why? Beane has one first round bust and that's because he tried to force a position of need with Elam.

Edmunds was an expensive, bad pick and ironically is the poster boy for McDermot's defense. Looks great on paper, is over-rated, does well against severely inferior opponents but never could come up with a play when one was needed. Disappeared in big games.

YardRat
11-27-2023, 05:52 PM
We need a WR worth a damn.

Gabe is gonna be gone. Shakir has some nice games but nothing consistent. Diggs should be shown the door after 2024.

So we draft the 2025 No1 replacement who gets a year to be the number 2.

We should have drafted a WR in this past draft. But nope, we traded up for some tight end that makes zero difference on the field, that everyone is gushing over. Tonight's performance 5 catches for 38 yards. What a difference maker he is.

Aren't you glad we traded up for the guy?

I didn't like the pick at the time, but he grew on me sooner with the premise of him being an effective slot guy for all intents and purposes, and later with his play. He's going to be a stud if he can stay healthy.

Mace
11-27-2023, 06:03 PM
I didn't like the pick at the time, but he grew on me sooner with the premise of him being an effective slot guy for all intents and purposes, and later with his play. He's going to be a stud if he can stay healthy.

Would be great if they freaking used him as a consistent part of the offense instead of just pitching balls at guys who are catching 50% of their targets in a game.

I don't really grasp the issue. They practice with Allen daily, they know him and how the ball is coming in and it keeps being like "whoop", my bad.

Mr. Pink
11-28-2023, 12:14 PM

Still don't like the pick, don't like the trade up to get him, don't understand the why of it.

If the need was for a TE, which I don't know why that was a need with a 14m dollar Knox on the team, Sam LaPorta could have fit the same exact role and is just as good of a player. We could have stayed where we were in the draft and if Kincaid was gone, just taken LaPorta.

There would be zero difference on the field in terms of production. We would have paid a little less for the player. And wouldn't have given up additional draft capital.

Mr. Pink
11-28-2023, 12:18 PM

Josh Downs. An actual slot WR. A guy we've needed now for the past 2 seasons.

And the way the draft shaked out, we still could have taken him in the second round.

notacon
11-28-2023, 01:21 PM

If he stays healthy he’ll be one of the top 2-3 TE in the league.

What's also impressive is out of the top 92 WR's & TE's with at least 30 targets (they are also all within the top 93 in receiving yards) Dalton Kincaid is #1 in catch percentage.....a whopping 87.5% (56 of 64 targets).

Is narrowed down to just TE's (who may get targeted in the most favorable circumstances to catch the ball) Kincaid is STILL #1. #2 is Cole Kmet, 82.35% (56 of 68) Travis Kelce is #3, 79.55% (70 of 88). Lowest TE in this group is Kyle Pitts, 61.67% (37 of 60).

We were told Kincaid has "elite hands" and, apparently that is 100% accurate.