PDA

View Full Version : We have to have the worst defense in nfl history when needing a stop

Cali512
11-26-2023, 07:10 PM
It honestly doesnt matter the QB, from mahomes, to mac jones. We just can not make a single stop when necessary. We have let Tyrod, Mac, Zac, Hurts, all drive down the field with EASE when needing just one stop.

Its becoming more and more obvious that mcdermott was the sole reason for 13 seconds

Novacane
11-26-2023, 07:12 PM
They get a lot of love. They don't deserve it.

Canadian'eh!
11-26-2023, 07:13 PM
For years. I’ve been saying forever our D has NEVER been good. They looked good in stars because we often put up a big lead and turned teams into passing shootouts we were better at than most teams.

Any Pressure and they fold like their **** coach

Mad Max
11-26-2023, 07:23 PM
We are down several star players.

A healthy Milano we win this easily

a healthy Von Miller ditto

a healthy Daquan probably win

this loss was on Cook/Davis/Bass

kscdogbillsfan1221
11-26-2023, 07:24 PM
We are down several star players.

A healthy Milano we win this easily

a healthy Von Miller ditto

a healthy Daquan probably win

this loss was on McDermott/ Cook/Davis/Bass
fixed it for you

Mad Max
11-26-2023, 07:33 PM
fixed it for you

What could he have done differently though?

I wouldn’t have tried running up the gut so often maybe? But we still scored 34.

I would have taken a chance and gone for it on 4th in overtime but not many coaches would do the same other than Dan Campbell, Dabo Swinney

Mace
11-26-2023, 07:43 PM
Been saying this for years now. McDermott is married to a base defense, with no bag of tricks, and even if no one is injured, we retreat into a bendy crumple, because that's McDermott, he doesn't know how to do anything otherwise, whether or not he has a DC to throttle, not that he'll pick one with any initiative that might loosen his collar.

If you remember a couple years ago, the Bills made a regular season run playing fast, opportunistic and aggressive defense and it was immediately throttled in the playoffs.

McDermott is McDermott, 13 seconds displayed him, he said he was involved, since then he's been the same McDermott.

kscdogbillsfan1221
11-26-2023, 07:47 PM
What could he have done differently though?

I wouldn’t have tried running up the gut so often maybe? But we still scored 34.

I would have taken a chance and gone for it on 4th in overtime but not many coaches would do the same other than Dan Campbell, Dabo Swinney
i dunno

NOT run whatever the **** 'defense' he called the last series of the game to start with.

Borosai
11-26-2023, 10:41 PM
This has happened before, with :13 being the pinnacle of McD's chicken **** defense. But this season has been something else.

Jags - cut the lead to 5 with 4 minutes and 2 minutes left in the game, couldn't get a stop either time
Giants - take the lead with 3:48 left in the game, let the Giants reach the goal line and were lucky to escape
Patriots - take the lead with 1:58 left in the game, let the Patriots score a game-winning TD
Bengals - cut the lead to 6 with 3:32 left in the game, couldn't get a stop
Broncos - take the lead with 1:55 left in the game, let the Broncos kick a game-winning FG
Eagles - take the lead with 1:52 left in regulation, give up a game-tying FG; score first in OT, give up a game-winning TD

The pattern is there. McD has always shrunk in big moments, and now his defense is doing it regularly. The difference now is he has nobody left to blame.

Thurmal
11-26-2023, 11:39 PM
We all hate the 13 Seconds Game, of course, but the Houston playoff loss in 2019 was probably an even better example of his incompetence. Just a window to the future of many more defensive collapses.

sukie
11-27-2023, 07:01 AM
Last play in Denver led to game winning FG
last night… game scoring QB scramble

common thread ? All out blitz was called.