PDA

View Full Version : McDermott Timeouts

Thurmal
11-26-2023, 09:16 PM
Without fail, this buffoon always calls them to benefit the other team.

Bills offense cruising, opponent's defense is reeling - let's call a timeout and let them regroup!

Opponent's offense is under the gun and has to make a snapshot decision or even a kick under duress...let's call a timeout and let them regroup!

How anyone can still defend this idiot is beyond me. He's a poor man's Dick Jauron who happened to stumble into the most physically gifted QB in NFL history, and that's why "he" wins. Don't even get me started on how his vaunted defense gives up a last-minute scoring drive literally every single time we have a late lead and need a stop. Should've been canned after the Houston playoff game.

Novacane
11-26-2023, 09:18 PM
If we had 3 or even 2 TO with 20 seconds to go it would have made a lot more sense to go for a FG. Instead opie uses one to make sure his D is lineup up 10 yards off on Philly 3rd down then uses one to ice a kicker which is the dumbest thing in the world. Icing a kicker never works.

Woodman
11-26-2023, 09:21 PM
We have a fool for a coach.

Novacane
11-26-2023, 09:21 PM
Without fail, this buffoon always calls them to benefit the other team.

Bills offense cruising, opponent's defense is reeling - let's call a timeout and let them regroup!

Opponent's offense is under the gun and has to make a snapshot decision or even a kick under duress...let's call a timeout and let them regroup!

How anyone can still defend this idiot is beyond me. He's a poor man's Dick Jauron who happened to stumble into the most physically gifted QB in NFL history, and that's why "he" wins. Don't even get me started on how his vaunted defense gives up a last-minute scoring drive literally every single time we have a late lead and need a stop. Should've been canned after the Houston playoff game.

That's the one thing I can't understand about people who defend McD and compare him to all the losing HC's we've had. He has the one thing none of them did. He's just another coach who got lucky Cleveland and the Jets took the wrong guy.

Thurmal
11-26-2023, 09:26 PM
That's the one thing I can't understand about people who defend McD and compare him to all the losing HC's we've had. He has the one thing none of them did. He's just another coach who got lucky Cleveland and the Jets took the wrong guy.

Exactly. The much-maligned Rex Ryan took Mark Sanchez to TWO conference championship games. Do you really want to tell me he couldn't consistently make the playoffs with Allen?

Canadian'eh!
11-26-2023, 09:29 PM
Exactly. The much-maligned Rex Ryan took Mark Sanchez to TWO conference championship games. Do you really want to tell me he couldn't consistently make the playoffs with Allen?
Rex is the worst coach they ever had here. Absolutely the ****ing worst.

kscdogbillsfan1221
11-26-2023, 09:32 PM
McDermott has absolutely no feel for the flow of a game. He needs to go

Buffalogic
11-26-2023, 09:53 PM
That's the one thing I can't understand about people who defend McD and compare him to all the losing HC's we've had. He has the one thing none of them did. He's just another coach who got lucky Cleveland and the Jets took the wrong guy.he ended the drought with Tyrod Taylor. Not Josh.

Thurmal
11-26-2023, 10:04 PM
he ended the drought with Tyrod Taylor. Not Josh.

He backed into the playoffs at 9-7 (a record that was achieved by Mularkey and Marrone during the drought), on the back of LeSean McCoy, before losing a playoff game against a QB who threw for fewer than 90 yards. We got our asses thoroughly kicked multiple times that year, too.

Buffalogic
11-26-2023, 10:05 PM
He backed into the playoffs at 9-7 (a record that was achieved by Mularkey and Marrone during the drought), on the back of LeSean McCoy, before losing a playoff game against a QB who threw for fewer than 90 yards. We got our asses thoroughly kicked multiple times that year, too.something that didn’t happen for 17 years before him.

Thurmal
11-26-2023, 10:05 PM
Rex is the worst coach they ever had here. Absolutely the ****ing worst.

The guy who basically went 0.500 with Tyrod throwing for 143 yards a game? Okay.

Borosai
11-26-2023, 10:07 PM
McD is an average head coach, and a horrible game day coach. That's not going to change. Even if the Bills pull off the miracle of all miracles and win a SB, it would be in spite of his presence on the sideline. 7 years is enough.

Novacane
11-26-2023, 10:16 PM
he ended the drought with Tyrod Taylor. Not Josh.
Let's bring back TT then. :rolleyes: and you're the one saying everyone else had a low IQ. Lol

Thurmal
11-26-2023, 10:23 PM
something that didn’t happen for 17 years before him.

Yeah, much better Bills teams didn't make the playoffs during the drought because of sheer bad luck. That 2017 team sucked.

Woodman
11-26-2023, 11:17 PM
We have a fool for a coach.

Am I wrong?