X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Thurmal
    • Oct 2005

McDermott Timeouts

Without fail, this buffoon always calls them to benefit the other team.

Bills offense cruising, opponent's defense is reeling - let's call a timeout and let them regroup!

Opponent's offense is under the gun and has to make a snapshot decision or even a kick under duress...let's call a timeout and let them regroup!

How anyone can still defend this idiot is beyond me. He's a poor man's Dick Jauron who happened to stumble into the most physically gifted QB in NFL history, and that's why "he" wins. Don't even get me started on how his vaunted defense gives up a last-minute scoring drive literally every single time we have a late lead and need a stop. Should've been canned after the Houston playoff game.
    "Miami played pretty damn good today and still got their ass kicked."
  • Novacane
    • Jul 2002

Re: McDermott Timeouts

If we had 3 or even 2 TO with 20 seconds to go it would have made a lot more sense to go for a FG. Instead opie uses one to make sure his D is lineup up 10 yards off on Philly 3rd down then uses one to ice a kicker which is the dumbest thing in the world. Icing a kicker never works.

Comment

• Woodman
      Legendary Zoner
      • Apr 2014

We have a fool for a coach.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• Novacane
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Thurmal View Post
        Without fail, this buffoon always calls them to benefit the other team.

Bills offense cruising, opponent's defense is reeling - let's call a timeout and let them regroup!

Opponent's offense is under the gun and has to make a snapshot decision or even a kick under duress...let's call a timeout and let them regroup!

How anyone can still defend this idiot is beyond me. He's a poor man's Dick Jauron who happened to stumble into the most physically gifted QB in NFL history, and that's why "he" wins. Don't even get me started on how his vaunted defense gives up a last-minute scoring drive literally every single time we have a late lead and need a stop. Should've been canned after the Houston playoff game.

That's the one thing I can't understand about people who defend McD and compare him to all the losing HC's we've had. He has the one thing none of them did. He's just another coach who got lucky Cleveland and the Jets took the wrong guy.

Comment

• Thurmal
          • Oct 2005

Originally posted by Novacane View Post
          That's the one thing I can't understand about people who defend McD and compare him to all the losing HC's we've had. He has the one thing none of them did. He's just another coach who got lucky Cleveland and the Jets took the wrong guy.
          Exactly. The much-maligned Rex Ryan took Mark Sanchez to TWO conference championship games. Do you really want to tell me he couldn't consistently make the playoffs with Allen?

Comment

• Canadian'eh!
            • Mar 2004

Exactly. The much-maligned Rex Ryan took Mark Sanchez to TWO conference championship games. Do you really want to tell me he couldn't consistently make the playoffs with Allen?
            Rex is the worst coach they ever had here. Absolutely the ****ing worst.

Comment

• kscdogbillsfan1221
              • Nov 2007

McDermott has absolutely no feel for the flow of a game. He needs to go
              I came.
              I saw.
              I conquered.

Comment

• Buffalogic
                Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
                • Feb 2006

Originally posted by Novacane View Post
                he ended the drought with Tyrod Taylor. Not Josh.

Comment

• Thurmal
                  • Oct 2005

Originally posted by Buffalogic View Post
                  He backed into the playoffs at 9-7 (a record that was achieved by Mularkey and Marrone during the drought), on the back of LeSean McCoy, before losing a playoff game against a QB who threw for fewer than 90 yards. We got our asses thoroughly kicked multiple times that year, too.

Comment

• Buffalogic
                    Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
                    • Feb 2006

He backed into the playoffs at 9-7 (a record that was achieved by Mularkey and Marrone during the drought), on the back of LeSean McCoy, before losing a playoff game against a QB who threw for fewer than 90 yards. We got our asses thoroughly kicked multiple times that year, too.
                    something that didn’t happen for 17 years before him.

Comment

• Thurmal
                      • Oct 2005

Originally posted by Canadian'eh! View Post
                      Rex is the worst coach they ever had here. Absolutely the ****ing worst.
                      The guy who basically went 0.500 with Tyrod throwing for 143 yards a game? Okay.

Comment

• Borosai
                        • Sep 2003

McD is an average head coach, and a horrible game day coach. That's not going to change. Even if the Bills pull off the miracle of all miracles and win a SB, it would be in spite of his presence on the sideline. 7 years is enough.

Comment

• Novacane
                          • Jul 2002

Let's bring back TT then. and you're the one saying everyone else had a low IQ. Lol

Comment

• Thurmal
                            • Oct 2005

something that didn’t happen for 17 years before him.
                            Yeah, much better Bills teams didn't make the playoffs during the drought because of sheer bad luck. That 2017 team sucked.

Comment

• Woodman
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Woodman View Post
                              We have a fool for a coach.
                              Am I wrong?

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

Working...
                              X