PDA

View Full Version : Sean McDermott: There are no moral victories

Woodman
11-26-2023, 11:25 PM
The Bills fell to the Eagles 37-34 in overtime on Sunday to head into their Week 13 bye at 6-6.
That puts Buffalo at No. 10 in the AFC — behind No. 7 Indianapolis, No. 8 Houston, and No. 9 Denver for the conference’s final postseason slot.
Buffalo has certainly played better on offense since the team fired offensive coordinator Ken Dorsey and promoted QBs coach Joe Brady to the role. But that doesn’t help when the ultimate result is a disappointment like it was on Sunday.
“There are no moral victories,” head coach Sean McDermott said of his message to the team in his postgame press conference. “I am encouraged by the direction of our offense the last two weeks. I think holistically as a team, I will assess where we are at. I am going to do some self-scout this week and get ourselves ready for the Kansas City Chiefs.”

Thurmal
11-26-2023, 11:35 PM
This isn't the Tampa game from 2021.

This is the end of the season. Going to get crushed in KC and the completely pack it in after that. What a waste of talent.

OpIv37
11-26-2023, 11:53 PM
From the second the schedule was released, this was not a winnable game. It should not have mattered. We shouldn’t have been 6-5 going in. We should have been 9-2 and a non-conf loss shouldn’t have been a death sentence. **** McD. He’s just not a good coach.

Mr. Pink
11-27-2023, 12:46 AM
Marty McDermott strikes again.

Anyone who thought Frazier leaving was going to help or make the defense look any different should now know that this has been McDermott's defense from Day 1. Frazier was just a figurehead.

kscdogbillsfan1221
11-27-2023, 04:23 AM
There are no moral victories ?

there are no victories, period

Forward_Lateral
11-27-2023, 05:54 AM
Now they have to basically win out.

This team is not making the playoffs.

YardRat
11-27-2023, 06:11 AM
From the second the schedule was released, this was not a winnable game. It should not have mattered. We shouldn’t have been 6-5 going in. We should have been 9-2 and a non-conf loss shouldn’t have been a death sentence. **** McD. He’s just not a good coach.

This was a very winnable game, players and coaches came up short yet again.

Having said that I hope the conclusion to McDermott's "self-scouting" is "my defense sucks, and always has".

Typ0
11-27-2023, 06:57 AM
McDermott sucks. His self scouting consists of some pile of blind narcissistic bull**** that ends up deciding it's someone else's fault and he doesn't need to learn anything .... then he spews how much learning is going on in his head.

If you watched yesterdays game you can see he has not learned ZERO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What he did was find ways to shield how his ****ty communication strategies blow up games. His first season you could sit right there and watch the cluster-**** his operation is. During the off-season they worked hard on how to have less transparency. That's where their time went. If you watched the game yesterday you know....because McDermott blows his timeouts making sure his ****ty ****ing systems have the right players on the field doing the right things .... but, oh yeah, they still don't do it.

You can be sure he does the same thing to his team -- pumps them up with gibberish that is the house of cards they end up being.

Growth mindset my ass.

He's done here.

Novacane
11-27-2023, 07:02 AM
His self scouting always comes to the conclusion it's not his fault. I don't care what he says anymore.

jamze132
11-27-2023, 08:50 AM
Team was in a position to win. Dude hit a 60 yd FG that y’all seem to forget.

Canadian'eh!
11-27-2023, 10:26 AM

Do we hang up the “almost good” banner now or after the season?

Forward_Lateral
11-27-2023, 10:40 AM

Shouldn't even have been in that position.

jamze132
11-27-2023, 11:13 AM
Do we hang up the “almost good” banner now or after the season?

Shouldn't even have been in that position.

Y’all expect the Bills to never lose a game. You’re unrealistic and unreasonable.

Woodman
11-27-2023, 12:40 PM
Marty McDermott strikes again.

Anyone who thought Frazier leaving was going to help or make the defense look any different should now know that this has been McDermott's defense from Day 1. Frazier was just a figurehead.

Woodman
11-27-2023, 12:42 PM
McDermott sucks. His self scouting consists of some pile of blind narcissistic bull**** that ends up deciding it's someone else's fault and he doesn't need to learn anything .... then he spews how much learning is going on in his head.

If you watched yesterdays game you can see he has not learned ZERO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What he did was find ways to shield how his ****ty communication strategies blow up games. His first season you could sit right there and watch the cluster-**** his operation is. During the off-season they worked hard on how to have less transparency. That's where their time went. If you watched the game yesterday you know....because McDermott blows his timeouts making sure his ****ty ****ing systems have the right players on the field doing the right things .... but, oh yeah, they still don't do it.

You can be sure he does the same thing to his team -- pumps them up with gibberish that is the house of cards they end up being.

Growth mindset my ass.

He's done here.

So it's been time to move on for awhile now.

Who do we want?

Bill Cody
11-27-2023, 12:44 PM
This isn't the Tampa game from 2021.

This is the end of the season. Going to get crushed in KC and the completely pack it in after that. What a waste of talent.

I think it is Tampa 2021. The offense is much better with Brady. Obviously better. The Eagles are a good team. The game could have gone either way, just like Tampa 2021. I think we win out from here.

Woodman
11-27-2023, 12:44 PM
We should have been 9-2 and a non-conf loss shouldn’t have been a death sentence. **** McD. He’s just not a good coach.

We can agree on this part ..... the other part not sure that was carved in stone so much. :cheers:

Mace
11-27-2023, 05:15 PM
He keeps pointing to the offense like they're just not doing enough. He did the same thing again with the side eye we could have done some things better there. Stupidly, the Bills kept running against the best rush defense, Brady and Allen made it improbably effective. Allen was on fire, Brady kept the pace for points whether or not they got them.

Comes a time, McDermott has to say and do more than "it starts with me" and look in the mirror. That should have been 13 seconds when he was fruitlessly calling timeouts to micromanage his defense ineffectively. Well now he's his own DC and does the same thing. He's continuously deflecting.

It's not your offense, idiot. Man up.

Woodman
11-28-2023, 09:36 AM
Sean McDermott: No one’s more frustrated than I am, but goals still within our reach

“We know we’d rather have a better record than what we have (https://www.buffalobills.com/news/bills-head-coach-sean-mcdermott-says-team-s-goals-are-still-within-our-reach-goi),” McDermott said, via the team’s website. “But we are who we are and the encouraging thing is all the goals that we set for ourselves are still within our reach.”

The Bills are 6-0 coming out of bye weeks since McDermott became their head coach, but a seventh-straight win will be hard to come by with this year’s schedule sending them to Kansas City in Week 14. They’ll follow that with a home game against the Cowboys, so it won’t be long before we know if those goals remain realistic ones.

Forward_Lateral
11-28-2023, 10:10 AM
Y’all expect the Bills to never lose a game. You’re unrealistic and unreasonable.

What kind of glue are you sniffing?

It's unrealistic to expect them to win a game that they were totally dominating, and at one point out gained the Eagles 3-1 in yardage? They ran 30+ more plays than them. They had the ball for 20 more minutes.

Nobody said we don't expect them to lose a game.

Those of us with a brain expect them to win games that THEY SHOULD WIN. No team has ever lost, until The Bills did it Sunday, while putting up 500 yards and winning the turnover battle.

That's on COACHING.

PS-- The proctologist called, he found your head

Typ0
11-28-2023, 10:38 AM

Who do we want?

I don't know the answer to that question. Qualified. Experienced HC OR Experienced DC OC.

Canadian'eh!
11-28-2023, 10:42 AM

Who do we want?
OC Ben Johnson - Detroit lions

Mace
11-28-2023, 04:41 PM
I don't know the answer to that question. Qualified. Experienced HC OR Experienced DC OC.
I'm fine with Brady at OC, if Carolina clears their staff, Eijiro Evero is the DC.....HC is anyone who leaves his coordinators alone. I'll do it if they remove the restraining orders.

Woodman
11-29-2023, 05:39 PM