PDA

View Full Version : Panthers fire Frank Reich

Woodman
11-27-2023, 09:07 AM
After just 11 games, the Panthers are moving on from their head coach.
Carolina has fired Frank Reich, the team announced on Monday morning.
“I met with coach Reich this morning and informed him that he will not continue as head coach of the Carolina Panthers,” team owner David Tepper said in a statement. “I want to thank Frank for his dedication and service, and we wish him well.

Mad Max
11-27-2023, 09:14 AM
After just 11 games, the Panthers are moving on from their head coach.
Carolina has fired Frank Reich, the team announced on Monday morning.
“I met with coach Reich this morning and informed him that he will not continue as head coach of the Carolina Panthers,” team owner David Tepper said in a statement. “I want to thank Frank for his dedication and service, and we wish him well.

Scapegoated for horrid roster including fatal error of trading away the farm in order to select the wrong QB

Canadian'eh!
11-27-2023, 09:19 AM
I’m jealous.

Woodman
11-27-2023, 09:26 AM
Scapegoated for horrid roster including fatal error of trading away the farm in order to select the wrong QB

Where do you think he'll land?

On his feet of course ..... anything beyond that?

Woodman
11-27-2023, 09:28 AM
I’m jealous.

Best thing that coulda happened for him. :cheers:

Woodman
11-27-2023, 09:34 AM
Hey there's an opening in Carolina ..... and we have the natural connection and all ..... so I was thinking we trade McDermott for their 3rd and a box of chocolate.

Who's down?

Woodman
11-27-2023, 09:42 AM
“Effective immediately, special teams coordinator Chris Tabor will serve as our interim head coach. Senior assistant Jim Caldwell will be a special advisor to offensive coordinator Thomas Brown, who will take over play calling duties.”
The Panthers have started the season 1-10 after trading up to select Bryce Young at No. 1 overall. The team has struggled mightily offensively, failing to score 20 points in all but three games this year. The team has not reached 30 points in a single game and scored 10 points in each of its last two losses.

Panthers fire Frank Reich - NBC Sports (https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/panthers-fire-frank-reich)

Mad Max
11-27-2023, 09:48 AM
Where do you think he'll land?

On his feet of course ..... anything beyond that?
My guess is that someone brings him in next season as OC. he won’t be HC again for a while.

kingJofNYC
11-27-2023, 10:04 AM
Lets trade them McDermott.

Historian
11-27-2023, 10:13 AM
BRING FRANK HOME!!!

How about a billboard on the Thruway?

Typ0
11-27-2023, 10:16 AM
Fire McDermott and hire this guy please ....

Canadian'eh!
11-27-2023, 10:30 AM
Reich was definitely screwed over.

You hire a guy, overpay for the #1 pick who looks terrible compared to #2, give them no talent to work with and fire the HC after 12 weeks on the job?

Reich should be happy.

Novacane
11-27-2023, 10:49 AM
Everything I've ead he didn't want to draft Young. He should be glad to be out of that mess.

Saratoga Slim
11-27-2023, 11:03 AM
Everything I've ead he didn't want to draft Young. He should be glad to be out of that mess.

Yes, that was only going to get worse.

I wouldn't be shocked if he gets another HC gig. I think the league can see what's going on here. Maybe not in 2024, but wouldn't rule it out.

kingJofNYC
11-27-2023, 11:53 AM
Frank's getting like 60m to do nothing over the next few years, he's ****ing good, real good!

Forward_Lateral
11-27-2023, 12:20 PM
Frank's getting like 60m to do nothing over the next few years, he's ****ing good, real good!
I could see him take a long vacation, or maybe a CBS/Fox/Amazon/whatever job

Bill Cody
11-27-2023, 12:20 PM
A billionaire with no patience

Forward_Lateral
11-27-2023, 12:21 PM
A billionaire with no patience

I don't know how the GM saved his job.

What they gave up for Young is absolutely insane. They managed to trade away their 1st round pick, AND their top WR, and they still have no first round picks in 2024, when they would've had #1 and most likely Caleb Williams.

Mr. Pink
11-27-2023, 12:28 PM
With that cushy contract Frank will collect, I'm sure he'll stay home for a year or two, relax, get paid and enjoy some family life.

sahlensguy
11-27-2023, 01:02 PM
Need an offensive HC. I would be good if Reich replaced McD but at this point, Brady would be an upgrade too.

cas22
11-27-2023, 01:08 PM
My guess is that someone brings him in next season as OC. he won’t be HC again for a while.

why?

he was the oc for the chargers but didn't call plays, he was the oc for Philly but didn't call plays, he was the HC and play caller for the colts and he sucked, same in Carolina..

notacon
11-27-2023, 01:09 PM
The Panther's problems are with the owner, not the HC.

Forward_Lateral
11-27-2023, 01:10 PM
He's collecting 60 million dollars. Why on earth would he be OC for anyone, ever again??

cas22
11-27-2023, 01:12 PM
I love frank as a former player, but someone explain to me why anyone would want him as a HC or OC,, he has been bad at both.

Woodman
11-27-2023, 04:11 PM

I'll bet he is.

Woodman
11-27-2023, 04:14 PM
BRING FRANK HOME!!!

How about a billboard on the Thruway?

Works for me. :cheers:

Woodman
11-27-2023, 04:16 PM
With that cushy contract Frank will collect, I'm sure he'll stay home for a year or two, relax, get paid and enjoy some family life.
Frank is that type of guy.

I can see him kicking it back at least a year.

Mace
11-27-2023, 04:30 PM
He'll sign on as an OC if he loves the game, Reich is pretty comfortably principled. Wouldn't be surprised if Pink is right though, maybe he's had enough.

Reich is a guy, a defensive HC candidate brings to the table to reassure offensive concerns about the staff he'd bring in while interviewing with ownership, because that's the NFL.

He's beloved here, but adds nothing to the coaching equations. As an HC, he's got no attached DC to fix the biggest issue, as an OC, frankly Brady already looks better in this version of the NFL today.

Ford Pinto
11-27-2023, 05:17 PM

So true. No talent and NO QB!!

Woodman
11-28-2023, 11:42 AM
Philadelphia head coach Nick Sirianni worked under former Carolina and Indianapolis head coach Frank Reich for three seasons, serving as offensive coordinator.

When Reich was fired from the Colts last year, Sirianni entertained the idea (https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/nick-sirianni-whether-hes-in-our-building-or-not-im-going-to-consult-with-frank-reich) of adding Reich to Philadelphia’s staff — before going out and defeating Indianapolis and admitting he was emotional about the victory (https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/nick-sirianni-im-emotional-beating-the-colts-because-i-love-frank-reich) because Reich had been dismissed.

Now Reich has been fired again, this time from the Panthers. Though Reich told Scott Fowler of the Charlotte Observer on Monday that Carolina was likely his last coaching job (https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/frank-reich-the-nfl-is-a-meritocracy-its-not-unconditional-love), he may have another opportunity with Philadelphia if he wants it.

Nick Sirianni says he hasn't yet thought about adding Frank Reich to Eagles staff - NBC Sports (https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/nick-sirianni-says-he-hasnt-yet-thought-about-adding-frank-reich-to-eagles-staff)

Historian
11-29-2023, 08:27 AM
He's beloved here, but adds nothing to the coaching equations. As an HC, he's got no attached DC to fix the biggest issue, as an OC, frankly Brady already looks better in this version of the NFL today.

I disagree.

I think he is one of the obvious choices to work with Josh Allen.

What he did on the Bills sideline, was tantamount to being a "player-coach".

The relationship he had with Kelly, allowed for Kelly to call his own plays, and is a big reason he's in the Hall of Fame.

Allen plays his best at a no-huddle pace.

Reich could certainly help out there.

Woodman
11-29-2023, 11:52 AM
I think he is one of the obvious choices to work with Josh Allen.

What he did on the Bills sideline, was tantamount to being a "player-coach".

The relationship he had with Kelly, allowed for Kelly to call his own plays, and is a big reason he's in the Hall of Fame.

100% and Jim would be the 1st to say so.