X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ford Pinto
    • Feb 2023

Keep the HC and look forward to 2024

McDermott is the best Head Coach for this team. There is NO TIME FRAME to get to a Super Bowl. He' made the team competitive in the NFL after years of being the punching bags of the League. I support him.

In '24 we have all our draft picks, we won't be selecting in the 20-32 range, and we have new players added to the roster (17 never played for the Bills before '23) that are strong candidates to be back next year.

2024 is our year!
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Re: Keep the HC and look forward to 2024

He isn't going anywhere until the bye week next season, at the very earliest.

But he needs to grow, he's the second biggest factor why this team struggles...maybe the biggest. Or maybe he just takes turns with Josh.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• BuffaloBlitz83
      We play to win the game!
      • Oct 2009

Josh Allen made the team relevant once he was coached on his mechanics. Imagine Allen working with Shanahan in SF. He’d have a few championships with that coaching staff with his talent

Comment

• Mad Max
        Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by BuffaloBlitz83 View Post
        Josh Allen made the team relevant once he was coached on his mechanics. Imagine Allen working with Shanahan in SF. He’d have a few championships with that coaching staff with his talent
        With the talent on that team add Josh and they 100 percent win the Super Bowl last year and then again this year.

Comment

• Mace
          Haha...yeah you think so ?
          • Mar 2013

Been there, done that, the results are steadily declining because the roster is aging and becoming more brittle and a motivational coach gets tuned out if he isn't good at x's and o's with a veteran roster that he purposely built to be veteran and eventually immune to his coaching style, because he doesn't get it.

We don't just need one more FA, been there done that too, and status quo will inevitably waste one more year of Allen who is going to get hurt soon. This team already passed it's peak of potential and band aids aren't working.

Comment

• Mace
            Haha...yeah you think so ?
            • Mar 2013

Originally posted by BuffaloBlitz83 View Post
            He's not a Shanahan qb for a structured system....Sirianni, Miami McDaniel, Payton, or even Daboll who would scheme for him, instead of fitting him into their scheme would be a different story imho.

Comment

• Ford Pinto
              • Feb 2023

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
              He isn't going anywhere until the bye week next season, at the very earliest.

But he needs to grow, he's the second biggest factor why this team struggles...maybe the biggest. Or maybe he just takes turns with Josh.
              I agree. Terry won't be upset unless this scenario plays out again in 2024.

Comment

• Borosai
                • Sep 2003

7 years already. Why not waste another one?

Comment

• imbondz
                  Democrats are people too
                  • Jan 2003

F that. Fire McDermott Now. I’ve supported him up until this season. Nothing will ever change. We’re too good a team and he’s ruining Josh Allen’s career.
                  My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• jamze132
                    • Jun 2003

McDermott isn’t the biggest problem. It’s the cast over overpaid vets who aren’t contributing. Beane went for it with the Miller signing and it hasn’t worked out.

Comment

• sukie
                      Seriously?
                      • Sep 2012

Originally posted by jamze132 View Post
                      McDermott isn’t the biggest problem. It’s the cast over overpaid vets who aren’t contributing. Beane went for it with the Miller signing and it hasn’t worked out.
                      Who Else? It was not Von faltering that he tore his knee. The guy was fire prior and it was a big splash move panning out.

but you made a statement that was plural… who else?

Floyd wasn’t a monster deal
                      getting Joseph was a great move
                      Douglas trade… great move

who else was old and overpaid?

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                        My battery is low and it's getting dark.
                        • Apr 2004

He keeps making the same kind of timid mistakes at the end of close games: bad timeouts, soft coverages and reduced pass rush, conservative decisions with a QB who thrives in crunch time...

He has a Ferrari and drives it like a Subaru Outback.

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
                          • Jul 2005

McDermott does everything at a high level except finishing games. That seems fixable. He's a smart guy. Throw two passes in the last 20 seconds, go for it on 4th in the red zone in OT, and I'm not giving him stick this week. What he's missing is that killer instinct to finish games instead of playing to stay alive and hope that it works out. I'm OK retaining him if there's some indication that there's an effort to grow on that front. I don't know how many more chances I can give him to grow though. Really need to see some improvement over the remainder of this season and/or some indication from Beane/McDermott that they see what we all see and are going to attack it.
                          Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• Thurmal
                            • Oct 2005

It's amazing how much equity McDermott built with some of the fanbase just because of an Andy Dalton 4th down conversion six years ago.
                            "Miami played pretty damn good today and still got their ass kicked."

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
                              • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Thurmal View Post
                              It's amazing how much equity McDermott built with some of the fanbase just because of an Andy Dalton 4th down conversion six years ago.
                              That's an over-simplification.

He has the second most wins in the league since 2020. That's a consistent track record of success that no one should ignore.

For me it's only now that the evidence of coaching badly at the end of games is adding up to where it can't be ignored.
                              Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

Working...
                              X