PDA

View Full Version : Hypothetical: if we win out

BuffaloBlitz83
11-27-2023, 07:23 PM
Is there a path to get in. Not easy or likely but if yes is that a yes?

I liked the offense. Hopefully the D grows a set over the bye. We went toe to toe on the road and outplayed the 1st place eagles. Gabe catches that pass, we win regardless of the penalties and missed kicks. Josh ALLEN is special. I never saw that hunger and anger all year! Felt like we put a race car on an automatic shift.

Skooby
11-27-2023, 07:25 PM
11 wins assures us a playoff spot.

Ed
11-27-2023, 07:28 PM
Yes, if they win out it's very likely they're in. And if Miami also loses vs the Cowboys and at Ravens they'd actually win the division.

Unlikely of course, but they did it in 2021.

Woodman
11-27-2023, 07:28 PM
It's possible until it's not.

BuffaloBlitz83
11-27-2023, 07:29 PM
Yes, if they win out it's very likely they're in. And if Miami also loses vs the Cowboys and at Ravens they'd actually win the division.

Unlikely of course, but they did it in 2021.

If miami wins east by then, they likely rest some starters

Ed
11-27-2023, 07:31 PM
11 wins assures us a playoff spot.
I've been messing around a little with the playoff machine and I was able to come up with a scenario where they miss out on tie-breakers at 11-6.

kscdogbillsfan1221
11-27-2023, 07:56 PM
Just stop

sukie
11-27-2023, 08:05 PM
I don’t want the division. Next season the scheduling gods will make it 5 straight years in arrowhead

jamze132
11-27-2023, 10:33 PM
I’m resigned to fighting for a WC which should give us an easier schedule next year, especially since we don’t have to face the AFC west and NFC north again.

On the other hand we have really looked good against the bottom feeders…

cas22
11-27-2023, 10:45 PM
we at least have to become the 7th seed to get in,,, we need to win out

OpIv37
11-27-2023, 10:47 PM
At this point, the dream scenario is squeaking into the playoffs, going to Miami the first game and ending their playoffs early. That likely won’t happen, and if it does, we will get destroyed by the chiefs or ravens the next week.

But at this point, it’s the best possible outcome that’s even somewhat realistic.

If I were actually on the team, I’d be looking for cyber Monday deals on golf clubs cuz the most likely outcome is that there won’t be any football after the Fish game.

Mr. Pink
11-28-2023, 12:40 AM
IF we win out, we likely win the division.

I don't think we're winning either of the next two games however.

Historian
11-28-2023, 04:29 AM
Just shoot me.....

Thurmal
11-28-2023, 07:20 AM
The Bills winning out and still missing the playoffs would be a fitting end to this season.

YardRat
11-28-2023, 07:38 AM
Well, this brings back memories of the drought years.

OpIv37
11-28-2023, 07:42 AM
The Bills winning out and still missing the playoffs would be a fitting end to this season.
The most fitting end would be to win the next four and have a “win and in” situation against Miami, only to lose the game on the last play cuz we get jobbed by the refs.

sukie
11-28-2023, 10:19 AM
Where does destroyed in playoffs come in. Play exactly like Sunday and bills are in . Refs and forehead decisions doesn’t take away the game shoulda been a blow out.

That horse collar was pivotal.

the offense was great. Yes drops happen and the non call raping was there but KC gets this game outta Buffalo in 2 weeks they are toast.

again “if” they get this game.

this gut punch might have lost the locker room.

Novacane
11-28-2023, 12:12 PM
Who's the HC the next 5 games? There's no way his conservative sissy decisions don't cost us at least one of these games.

Saratoga Slim
11-28-2023, 12:22 PM
this gut punch might have lost the locker room.
The bye is either at the perfect time or exactly the wrong time.

kscdogbillsfan1221
11-28-2023, 12:24 PM
Who's the HC the next 5 games? There's no way his conservative sissy decisions don't cost us at least one of these games.
i don't know Novacane, we gotta look at the tape

Ed
11-28-2023, 12:41 PM
This loss to the Eagles feels a lot like the OT loss at Tampa a couple years ago. Josh plays great, the D blows it in OT and the team drops to 7-6 falling two games behind the Pats. People were writing them off and talking about the window already closing on their chance to take over the division. ESPN shows were even projecting the Pats to finish with the #1 seed. But the Bills win out, take the division, crush the Pats in the playoffs, everyone thinks they're now the team to beat, and 13 seconds happens. Fans felt so great after blowing out the Pats that it was easy to forget the 9-6 loss at Jax, getting blown out by the Colts at home, losing to the Pats at home in that crazy snow game where they only attempted 3 passes, and following it up with the Tampa OT loss.

The end of this schedule is a lot harder, but I honestly feel better about this team than that 2021 team at the same point in the season.

BuffaloBlitz83
11-28-2023, 04:21 PM
Dorsey really was a problem based on the differences since Brady came in

Novacane
11-29-2023, 11:00 AM
Dorsey really was a problem based on the differences since Brady came in

Agreed. But who hired him? Who hired all of the assistants who have then had to be fired? Who wasted timeouts? Who makes the decision not to try and win the game with 20 seconds on the clock in regulation?

They fixed part of the problem but left the main problem.

OpIv37
11-29-2023, 12:07 PM
This loss to the Eagles feels a lot like the OT loss at Tampa a couple years ago. Josh plays great, the D blows it in OT and the team drops to 7-6 falling two games behind the Pats. People were writing them off and talking about the window already closing on their chance to take over the division. ESPN shows were even projecting the Pats to finish with the #1 seed. But the Bills win out, take the division, crush the Pats in the playoffs, everyone thinks they're now the team to beat, and 13 seconds happens. Fans felt so great after blowing out the Pats that it was easy to forget the 9-6 loss at Jax, getting blown out by the Colts at home, losing to the Pats at home in that crazy snow game where they only attempted 3 passes, and following it up with the Tampa OT loss.

The end of this schedule is a lot harder, but I honestly feel better about this team than that 2021 team at the same point in the season.

I feel like this is part of the problem though. We shouldn't be hovering around .500 at the end of November and needing a great 5 games to win the div, or in this case, just make the playoffs. We should be sitting on 3 losses and if we go 3-2, we're still in great shape and if we go 5-0 we're the one seed. Under McD, this team consistently suffers early and mid-season losses that make the late season and playoffs more challenging.

Ed
11-29-2023, 01:08 PM
I feel like this is part of the problem though. We shouldn't be hovering around .500 at the end of November and needing a great 5 games to win the div, or in this case, just make the playoffs. We should be sitting on 3 losses and if we go 3-2, we're still in great shape and if we go 5-0 we're the one seed. Under McD, this team consistently suffers early and mid-season losses that make the late season and playoffs more challenging.
I agree that this team should have more wins and it's frustrating. Same with that 2021 team that started hot and then consistently lost the close one score mid season games. But we also saw them win most of their close games in 2020 and 2022 to cruise to 13 wins, so it hasn't been a yearly issue. I wish they didn't have to make this so hard and I'm not confident they can pull it off again, but there is something to be said for finishing on strong winning streaks every year.

I'm disappointed like everyone else, but I want to see how things play out before getting too down on this season.

notacon
11-29-2023, 01:28 PM
If the Bills win out (which is not crazy in the least) and Miami loses to Dallas and Baltimore (more probable than not), the Bills win AFCE.

Obviously, the KC game is huge. That game very winnable. KC has not been that impressive on offense, as their WR's are for ****.

I really like the Bills at home vs Dallas. Win those two games, and winning out become more likely than not.

In any event, burying this team before they are dead is foolish.

Oaf
11-29-2023, 01:59 PM
The most fitting end would be to win the next four and have a “win and in” situation against Miami, only to lose the game on the last play cuz we get jobbed by the refs.
Disagree. We lose the end game after 3 successive successful plays by the Dolphins to score the go-ahead TD after 3 consecutive pre-play TOs.

We get the ball back with 0:13 down 2pts but have no timeouts left.

Oaf
11-29-2023, 02:02 PM
Forget about it guys. You don't drop 4 games you were supposed to win (NYJ, DEN, NE, PHI) and make the playoffs in the NFL.

We'll finish up at 8-9 or 9-8

Oaf
01-10-2024, 10:13 PM
Is there a path to get in. Not easy or likely but if yes is that a yes?

I liked the offense. Hopefully the D grows a set over the bye. We went toe to toe on the road and outplayed the 1st place eagles. Gabe catches that pass, we win regardless of the penalties and missed kicks. Josh ALLEN is special. I never saw that hunger and anger all year! Felt like we put a race car on an automatic shift.

Thank you BB83. Looks like the D grew a set over the bye. Couldn't be happier to have been wrong in the post above.

notacon
01-11-2024, 12:34 PM
If the Bills win out (which is not crazy in the least) and Miami loses to Dallas and Baltimore (more probable than not), the Bills win AFCE.

Obviously, the KC game is huge. That game very winnable. KC has not been that impressive on offense, as their WR's are for ****.

I really like the Bills at home vs Dallas. Win those two games, and winning out become more likely than not.

In any event, burying this team before they are dead is foolish.

Hmmmmm.....what an astute analysis that came almost 100% true. :D:

I thought Miami could/would lose to both Dallas and Baltimore, but did not envision them blowing the Titans game. Same result.