PDA

View Full Version : Hypothetical: if we miss the playoffs???

cas22
11-29-2023, 02:23 PM
what say you, do we make whole sale changes? do we just replace the OC and DC? or do we clean house??

my take is we clean house, Allen is just now in his prime, he might last another 10 years if he really loves the game and wants to play so a mini rebuild wouldn't take but maybe 1 off year, the offense you leave alone personal wise, you change the scheme and go west coast, on defense you blow it up, got to get rid of Hyde and Poyer, White and Miller, you trade Groot and resign Espenza and try and resign Floyd... I suggest they go young and change to a 3/4 hybrid ....

now when I say clean house I say Bean also, he really hasn't been the greatest drafter, if not for the Allen pick they might be already gone.... his 1st round picks haven't been what I call game changers, again other than Allen, Oliver is a safe pick and good player, but all his 2nd round grabs have been underwhelming easily ....

sukie
11-29-2023, 02:33 PM
Beane hasn’t been bad at drafting. Elam , Cody Ford, Basham . Who else? He has been excellent in pick ups Douglas, Floyd, Trade for Douglas, Joseph.

he has retooled against a cap nicely. Murray Rapp Harris Ifedi

he picked up McGovern and brought back Phillips.

draft hits Oliver, Josh, Edmund’s ( not a whiff just used wrong) Davis Singletary, DK1, DK2, Cook, Ocyrus, Groot , Epinesa, Brown (good this season) Bernard, Benford, Bass, Shakir …

all in all he’s done well

cas22
11-29-2023, 03:01 PM
Beane hasn’t been bad at drafting. Elam , Cody Ford, Basham . Who else? He has been excellent in pick ups Douglas, Floyd, Trade for Douglas, Joseph.

he has retooled against a cap nicely. Murray Rapp Harris Ifedi

he picked up McGovern and brought back Phillips.

draft hits Oliver, Josh, Edmund’s ( not a whiff just used wrong) Davis Singletary, DK1, DK2, Cook, Ocyrus, Groot , Epinesa, Brown (good this season) Bernard, Benford, Bass, Shakir …

all in all he’s done well

I have to disagree, just take Cook for instance he was projected late 3rd early 4th round pick, he wasn't even the starter at Georgia White was...

6. https://walterfootball.com/college/Georgia_logo.gif James Cook (https://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2022JCook.php), RB, Georgia
Height: 5-11. Weight: 190. Arm: 30.75. Hand: 9.38.
Official 40 Time: 4.42.
Projected Round (2022): 3-4.

and lets not forget at all the trade ups Bean has made to get these guys that can't help or are not even on the roster, plus when Bean was hired and I quote the Buffalo bills will build through the draft and not get into cap trouble.. he has done just the opposite, how much money has he spent on the D-line and still the only decent player has been Oliver, Groot has been a underachiever and Espensa can't crack the starting lineup, they keep resigning free agents like Miller and Floyd and Lawson because he missed with all his draft pick at the d-end position..

jamze132
11-30-2023, 08:25 AM
I hope McD hires an experienced DC and maybe a better ST coordinator. We’ve had several miscues on ST which can be game changers.

cas22
11-30-2023, 10:33 AM
I hope McD hires an experienced DC and maybe a better ST coordinator. We’ve had several miscues on ST which can be game changers.

special teams needs attention your right..

sukie
12-02-2023, 08:39 AM
I have to disagree, just take Cook for instance he was projected late 3rd early 4th round pick, he wasn't even the starter at Georgia White was...

Cook was the 63 pick in the draft. No way he would be there at Bills spot in 3rd round. I have no issues moving up if that player contributes. If we move up and whiff. That is bad. Sammy Watkins comes to mind. Elam as well.

moving up for Kincaid? Great move. 6.https://walterfootball.com/college/Georgia_logo.gifJames Cook (https://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2022JCook.php), RB, Georgia
Height: 5-11. Weight: 190. Arm: 30.75. Hand: 9.38.
Official 40 Time: 4.42.
Projected Round (2022): 3-4.

and lets not forget at all the trade ups Bean has made to get these guys that can't help or are not even on the roster, plus when Bean was hired and I quote the Buffalo bills will build through the draft and not get into cap trouble.. he has done just the opposite, how much money has he spent on the D-line and still the only decent player has been Oliver, Groot has been a underachiever and Espensa can't crack the starting lineup, they keep resigning free agents like Miller and Floyd and Lawson because he missed with all his draft pick at the d-end position..