PDA

View Full Version : Jets open Aaron Rodgers’ 21-day practice window

Woodman
11-29-2023, 02:51 PM
There officially is a chance we’ll see Aaron Rodgers playing for the Jets again before the season is over.
New York has designated Rodgers to return from injured reserve, opening up his 21-day practice window, head coach Robert Saleh announced on Wednesday.
Saleh said that this is a different kind of step for Rodgers than it is for others, who are directly getting ready to play. As Saleh put it, this will allow Rodgers to throw to teammates on the practice field in individual drills instead of just throwing to members of the Jets’ staff.
“This isn’t so much getting ready to play as much as it is a progression in his rehab,” Saleh said. “So, there’s no added risk to it. There’s certain things he’s been clear for that we’re going to allow him to do.”

Historian
11-29-2023, 03:34 PM
I think he's nuts, but it would be nice to see him beat the fish.

:squish:

Woodman
11-29-2023, 04:40 PM
:squish: always enjoy that .... it just never gets old. :cool:

OpIv37
11-29-2023, 10:33 PM
Two things:

First, it’s an unreal scientific advancement that we are talking about an athlete coming back from a torn Achilles so quickly, especially at his age.

Second, according to ESPN earlier, the Jets have a 1% chance of making the playoffs. If he wants to keep playing after this year, it would be epically stupid to take the risk and go down with the ship.

BuffaloBlitz83
11-29-2023, 10:51 PM
Two things:

First, it’s an unreal scientific advancement that we are talking about an athlete coming back from a torn Achilles so quickly, especially at his age.

Second, according to ESPN earlier, the Jets have a 1% chance of making the playoffs. If he wants to keep playing after this year, it would be epically stupid to take the risk and go down with the ship.

Super Jets thing he tears it again in first game and ends Career

Ingtar33
11-30-2023, 06:39 AM
I think Aaron never intended to play longer then this year, and he's just trying to get on the field for a last gasp or an excuse to not play next year.

Forward_Lateral
11-30-2023, 07:04 AM
Two things:

While I agree with you, I will say this. The bridge surgery they performed to re-attach his Achilles is the first of it's kind, as far as I know, on a professional football player (or any pro athlete for that matter). They do claim that it only takes 4 monthsish to recover from it.

Now, how will it hold up? Nobody knows. What are the long term effects? Will he eventually have to have the conventional Achilles surgery? Who knows. I just find this whole situation odd.

jamze132
11-30-2023, 08:22 AM
Was it really a full tear?

kscdogbillsfan1221
11-30-2023, 10:52 AM
This guy (rodgers) is such an attention whore

notacon
11-30-2023, 12:27 PM
Two things:

I starting suspect that he never did "tear" his Achilles.

Novacane
11-30-2023, 01:17 PM
This guy (rodgers) is such an attention whore

That's what this is all about.

Mr. Pink
11-30-2023, 01:42 PM
I think Aaron never intended to play longer then this year, and he's just trying to get on the field for a last gasp or an excuse to not play next year.

Disagree. Rodgers is an egomaniac who wants all the spotlight and has nothing else but football in his life.

He will play until no one wants him anymore.

And if no one wants him in the NFL, he'll try out playing in the XFL, USFL, WhateverFL there is...because football is literally all the dude has.

I would say he'd get into broadcasting but his personal politics will keep any network from ever hiring him.

Saratoga Slim
11-30-2023, 03:41 PM
Two things:

Agree.

Do we know for sure that it was a complete Achilles tear? Is it possible that it was just partially torn? I haven't seen anyone confirm the extent of the injury. If it was actually a full tear, totally agree that this is a weird and stupid risk. I don't see any ROI for Rodgers or the Jets in coming back this early.

Mike13
12-01-2023, 10:02 AM
I think he's nuts, but it would be nice to see him beat the fish.

:squish:

They wont.

mightysimi
12-01-2023, 10:29 AM
He had said he wasn't worried about re-tearing it as it would still give him the 5 to 6 months to heal for the next season. Makes sort of sense but I wouldn't risk it if the team has nowhere to go.