• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Woodman
    Legendary Zoner
    • Apr 2014

Alleged victim in Von Miller case now claims there was no assault

The alleged victim in the felony assault case against Bills linebacker Von Miller has apparently recanted her contentions.

Via WFAA, the alleged victim texted, "No one assaulted anyone. This insane. And sad.”

Miller faces a felony charge of assaulting a pregnant person earlier this week in Dallas. Earlier in the day, details emerged regarding the alleged incident.

Via Alaina Getzenberg of ESPN.com, the affidavit supporting the arrest warrant shows that an argument began on Wednesday morning, at roughly 10:40 a.m. local time. It started, per the affidavit, over the travel plans of the alleged victim.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.
  • cas22
    • Jul 2005

Re: Alleged victim in Von Miller case now claims there was no assault

dude he turned himself in, that means someone had charges on him..

Comment

• BuffaloBlitz83
      We play to win the game!
      • Oct 2009

She called the police, filed a report and was treated for her injuries but there was no assault?

Comment

• Typ0
        honey pie
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BuffaloBlitz83 View Post
        She called the police, filed a report and was treated for her injuries but there was no assault?
        Von isn't stupid enough to beat up a pregnant woman. He probably bumped into her got served with some papers.

Comment

• jamze132
          • Jun 2003

ESPN article goes into great detail about the incident. If she’s recanting now, after he turned himself in and was released, she has his career and his money in mind. If it sticks, they’ll leave a lot of money on the table I would suspect. Not to mention his HoF legacy.

Comment

• cas22
            • Jul 2005

What started the reported altercation? She refused to "travel back on her birthday," according to an arrest affidavit.
            "Looking at this, this appears to be a minor incident that they had," said criminal defense attorney Daryl Washington. "Obviously, you hate to ever minimize the complaint that's made by a victim... "
            [COLOR=var(--neutral-foreground-rest)]
            This Jaw-dropping Birds Stained Glass Is Is So Vibrant And Eye-Catching.

[COLOR=var(--neutral-foreground-rest)]Ad
            Keillini

[/COLOR]

[/COLOR]
            It happened, according to the affidavit at a Dallas high rise on Nov. 29.
            Strong words reportedly led to physical "shoving and pushing," between the couple. It culminated in victim yelling, "Stop I'm pregnant!"
            But Miller kept pushing, according to the affidavit. Even "stepping on her feet, causing her to fall back into a chair." He then "began applying pressure around" the victim's neck for three to five seconds before letting go," the affidavit read.
            The 34-year-old NFL star then reportedly "...grabbed her phone and threw her laptop on the floor and stomped on it."
            Washington isn't connected to the case but said even though the accuser wasn't hospitalized, authorities will likely try to move forward with prosecution whether she cooperates or not.
            "In cases is like this, we see it all the time. There are complaints that are made by victims and two or three days later, when things clam down and cool off people tend to want to drop these charges, but what we've been seeing lately is that prosecutors are still pursuing these charges, if the evidence, if the photographs, if the recordings if they feel like they have enough evidence, they will still go forward," shared Washington.
            Miller's playing status for this weekend remains up in the air.
            But he is free on a $5000 bond and out of jail.

Comment

• Ingtar33
              Dances With Buffaloes
              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by cas22 View Post
              [FONT="]But he is free on a $5000 bond and out of jail.[/FONT]
              $5000 bail for a multi millionaire on a DV call? that must be some sort of a weak case. I wonder how minor those injuries are that the prosecutor felt so unconfident to only aim for 5k bail
              My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• cas22
                • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Ingtar33 View Post
                $5000 bail for a multi millionaire on a DV call? that must be some sort of a weak case. I wonder how minor those injuries are that the prosecutor felt so unconfident to only aim for 5k bail
                nfl doesn't care how weak it is, if he choked her and according to other reports had marks he is done in the nfl... which would be a huge weight off the bills.

Comment

• Typ0
                  honey pie
                  • Jul 2002

Bail is based on flight risk. He turned himself in and needs to stay in the public eye to collect his fat pay checks. Not going anywhere doesn't really need bail.

Comment

• Typ0
                    honey pie
                    • Jul 2002

Hell in New York State they just let murderers and child rapists free on their honor to return. It's called bail reform.

Comment

• cas22
                      • Jul 2005

Miller continued to push the woman as he stepped on her feet, which caused her to fall back into a chair. … He then put a hand on her neck and applied pressure for 3 to 5 seconds, according to the affidavit, which police say caused pain but not difficulty breathing. As she continued to try to gather her belongings, Miller grabbed her phone, threw her laptop on the floor and stomped on it.
                      As she tried to pick up her laptop, Miller yanked her hair, pulling a chunk of it out and causing her to collapse, the affidavit says. She got up and began to record Miller on her phone, which she put in her pocket, police wrote in the affidavit.
                      Police responded to the apartment condominium and saw the woman had ‘minor abrasions’ on her left hand, as well as bruising on her abdomen, left bicep and neck that was ‘consistent with applied pressure,’ the affidavit read.
                      UPDATE: While WFAA obtained the 911 call in which the woman can be heard saying, “My boyfriend is choking and hitting me,” the news outlet reported that when reached by text message, the woman called the incident “a huge misunderstanding.”
                      “We’re fine,” she wrote. “Things were blown way out of context. This is actually outrageous!” The woman texted, “No one assaulted anyone. This is insane. And sad.”

in red.. if true its over for Von ....

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
                        • Jul 2005

Absent some explanation that hasn't materialized yet, it's kind of hard to believe what was described in the report didn't happen. Perhaps she was scared or angry in the moment and made the call. Then when the situation abated realized the financial and reputational consequences. It should be up to her how she wants to handle. Not what I'd advise my daughter, but people should be allowed to make their own choices.

That said, my kid went to school yesterday in a #40 Miller jersey and when he came home it was rolled up in his backpack. Really sad all around.
                        Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• kscdogbillsfan1221
                          • Nov 2007

Jesus Christ

my wife is pregnant with our third child (first accident) and I cannot imagine ever putting my hands on her ever! Especially pregnant. If this is true…… **** this guy!
                          I came.
                          I saw.
                          I conquered.

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                            My battery is low and it's getting dark.
                            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Typ0 View Post
                            Hell in New York State they just let murderers and child rapists free on their honor to return. It's called bail reform.
                            This post is right wing trash. Keep it in the dead-spin zone.

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                              My battery is low and it's getting dark.
                              • Apr 2004

Texas. Same state where a Jan 6 defendant shot at the cops who went to serve a warrant so they just left and came back later so he could "sober up."
                              Judge gave him 2 years. That's it.

Comment

Working...
                              X