PDA

View Full Version : ESPN quote on Josh Allen of the Bills

Ford Pinto
12-06-2023, 08:37 PM
"There were 106 players in uniform for [Eagles vs. Bills]. Of them, by far the one who played the best was Josh Allen. We focus more on the one bad play Josh Allen makes every week than the 60 that almost no one else in history possibly could. His team would be so bad if they didn't ask him to do absolutely everything. He is the most unfairly judged player in the NFL." Mike Greenberg of ESPN

I strongly agree! We are so fortunate to see him every week!

Novacane
12-06-2023, 08:53 PM
The Bills would be terrible without #17.

Mad Max
12-06-2023, 08:59 PM
He is the best player on the team obviously but I’m heartened to finally seeing some balance be introduced to the offense. It’s progressing slowly but it’s progressing.

Ford Pinto
12-06-2023, 09:27 PM
He is the best player on the team obviously but I’m heartened to finally seeing some balance be introduced to the offense. It’s progressing slowly but it’s progressing.
Agreed - - he shouldn't have to carry the team on his back!

TigerJ
12-06-2023, 09:29 PM
I fully agree. there have been times when he's tried to do too much and thrown some picks as a result. That has led to people looking to criticize him for anything that doesn't go perfectly for the Bills offense. Hall of fame QBs through picks on occasion. That is the reality of playing QB in the NFL.

sahlensguy
12-06-2023, 09:38 PM
Perhaps the most insightful comment Greeny ever made.

ghz in pittsburgh
12-06-2023, 10:29 PM
Still I think it is kind of a down year for Josh, as compared to the heights the offense has been the last few years. As some have noted, the Bills have been trying to bring some semblance of balance to the offense, i.e., not having Josh to do too much. Overall that strategy is a failure, until ... Brady took over as OC where the Bills offense scored over 30 points in consecutive games against top notch defenses.

Some where Brady and Allen connected in making the original strategy work the last 2 weeks. The eye test says the offense is more fluid, not the 3rd and long world or severely unbalanced like waiting for a big pass. It is just 2 weeks of samples BUT if the Bills are able to score 30 over the Chiefs next Sunday, win or lose, I think there is something to be said about the transition of the offense to what the brains of OBD wanted and very likely a foundation for going forward. For reference, the Chiefs have allowed no more than 27 points to any opponents all season; at home the Chiefs D allowed no more than 21 points to opposing offense.

Forward_Lateral
12-07-2023, 06:20 AM
The Bills have scored 38 touchdowns this season.

Josh is responsible for 33 of them.

Let that sink in.

Chet
12-07-2023, 08:58 AM
Amen, fellas. We are privileged to have such a generational talent at QB. He’s not perfect, but there’s nobody in the NFL more exciting to watch. When you have such a special breed of player it is a waste to not surround him with bright young offensive minds.

This team would be UNWATCHABLE with out Josh.

OpIv37
12-07-2023, 10:23 AM
I've said it before and I'll say it again:

It's all about winning. If the Bills were 8-4 and still had a shot at the div title and an outside shot at the bye, you'd be hearing about the touchdowns and not the turnovers. But that isn't what happened. We're 6-6 and currently out of the playoffs.

Against Philly, Josh had amazing numbers and only 1 INT. But we lost. So everyone focuses on the turnover. If he doesn't make that turnover, there's a good chance the Bills win. Granted, it's a team sport and there are probably a dozen plays where you can say "well if it happened differently, we would have won!" But, Josh is the star. He's the one who touches the ball on every offensive play. So he's going to be under a microscope.

When the team is winning, people focus on the gaudy offensive numbers and the turnovers become an afterthought. When the team is losing the stats don't matter and the turnovers become a focus.

ghz in pittsburgh
12-07-2023, 11:27 AM
I saw the ESPN debate on Allen, almost every day as it coincides with my workout time. Really the question should be do you want to see Allen to keep playing his current style which I assume people pulling up the stats of total TD vs total turnovers, a ratio roughly 2 to 1, is good enough.

Forward_Lateral
12-07-2023, 12:05 PM
Nobody is questioning the real problem of the team. The thing that's let them down year after year, when it matters.

The Defense. It crumbles when the game matters. They dominated Philly, but yet when it came down to crunch time, they stiffened and folded. Why? Because that's what their head coach does. He doesn't know how to win, he only knows how "not to lose".

acehole
12-07-2023, 04:55 PM
Yes Indeed. Spot on commentary by someone who understands the game.

acehole
12-07-2023, 05:03 PM
Josh Allen Should be Josh Allen. He can work on his accuracy over time.

It is like playing poker....he does have to learn how to scoop some small pots (Not play hero ball) ...they add up.
But if you don't know how to navigate the big money pots you won't win tournaments.

Only way to do that is take some chances. He wins those "Pots" more then he loses them. Great for a cash game. Bad for tournaments.

He has to learn how to go "all in" when the tournament is on the line.

BuffaloBlitz83
12-09-2023, 01:39 PM
📸 Watch this video on Facebook https://fb.watch/oQuFui2xIA/?mibextid=v7YzmG&startTimeMs=8000

sahlensguy
12-09-2023, 01:56 PM
↑ mic drop