• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BuffaloBlitz83
    We play to win the game!
    • Oct 2009

McDermott 9/11 comments on espn

Bills coach Sean McDermott said Thursday that he regretted mentioning 9/11 in a 2019 training camp talk with his team and "immediately apologized" to his players.
  • ParanoidAndroid
    My battery is low and it's getting dark.
    • Apr 2004

Re: McDermott 9/11 comments on espn

*shrugs

Comment

• Novacane
      • Jul 2002

Geez. I guess I understand now why he has no clue with time management, no clue when to use challenges, no clue when to use time outs. etc etc etc. You have to be totally out of touch to use an example like that.

Comment

• Thurmal
        • Oct 2005

Originally posted by Novacane View Post
        Geez. I guess I understand now why he has no clue with time management, no clue when to use challenges, no clue when to use time outs. etc etc etc. You have to be totally out of touch to use an example like that.
        It's so unbelievable that you almost wonder if he has a brain tumor or something.
        "Miami played pretty damn good today and still got their ass kicked."

Comment

• Jimkelly12203
          • Jun 2015

He's gone. And that's fine.

Forget the brain-dead 9/11 comments. He had his chance. He had the best team in the NFL and his defense blew it in 13 seconds. Unforgivable!!!

The more important question is will we get the next hire correct or not?

IMO it would be nice to have a healthy and fully functional Kim Pegula right now to help Terry get this right. Not that Terry can't get it right by himself, I just thought they were a really good package deal. And we're missing half that package.
          All Hail Josh Allen! Savior of the Buffalo Bills!

Freedom for the Ukraine. Down with Putin and every traitor in this country that supports him.

Comment

• imbondz
            Democrats are people too
            • Jan 2003

He had plenty of chances to get to the next level. You can’t squander the talent we have over and over. I went from a huge McDermott supporter to GTFO now.
            My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• GreedoII
              • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Jimkelly12203 View Post
              He's gone. And that's fine.

Forget the brain-dead 9/11 comments. He had his chance. He had the best team in the NFL and his defense blew it in 13 seconds. Unforgivable!!!

The more important question is will we get the next hire correct or not?

IMO it would be nice to have a healthy and fully functional Kim Pegula right now to help Terry get this right. Not that Terry can't get it right by himself, I just thought they were a really good package deal. And we're missing half that package.
              Kim has no idea on this stuff. Please. She is a partner but has no clue on coaching and personal hires. Stop. Beane needs to be the one on this if it happens. You all overrate Kim to death.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                • Mar 2004

Originally posted by GreedoII View Post
                Kim has no idea on this stuff. Please. She is a partner but has no clue on coaching and personal hires. Stop. Beane needs to be the one on this if it happens. You all overrate Kim to death.
                This.

You don't want an owner that meddles. Go read a few articles about Carolina and how their owner basically undermined Reich, and Rivera before him.

If you don't trust your GM to make the tough decisions, then fire him and hire someone who will.

Comment

• Jimkelly12203
                  • Jun 2015

Originally posted by GreedoII View Post
                  And my wife has no idea about the law. But if i was hiring someone to manage my law firm, i'd want her input and impressions of the person.

You wouldn't? If so, you married the wrong woman. Or maybe you're just not the right guy in the first place.

Kim was good for this team. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Freedom for the Ukraine. Down with Putin and every traitor in this country that supports him.

Comment

• ckg927
                    Not quite Best in the World....
                    • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
                    This.

You don't want an owner that meddles. Go read a few articles about Carolina and how their owner basically undermined Reich, and Rivera before him.

If you don't trust your GM to make the tough decisions, then fire him and hire someone who will.
                    EXACTLY. That's partly why the Sabres are in the mess they are and why the Bills aren't.
                    John Hemingway(facing certain death): I want to see Buffalo win the Super Bowl.
                    David Coltrane(threatening John): Nobody's going to live that long, pal.

-The John Larroquette Show, "A Dark and Stormy Night", 4/12/94

Comment

• Typ0
                      honey pie
                      • Jul 2002

I like McDermott a lot as a coach but it's like he needs to be clobbered with a 2 X 4 to get his ego the hell out of the way so the team can win. Don't really expect him to get the message before he's canned here but with some actual growth, McDermott, as opposed to his lip service bull**** he might be able to get a team over the top.

Comment

• Jimkelly12203
                        • Jun 2015

Originally posted by Typ0 View Post
                        I like McDermott a lot as a coach but it's like he needs to be clobbered with a 2 X 4 to get his ego the hell out of the way so the team can win. Don't really expect him to get the message before he's canned here but with some actual growth, McDermott, as opposed to his lip service bull**** he might be able to get a team over the top.
                        He's not terrible. But he's not good enough. How many NFL head coaches would give up their left nut to have Josh Allen on their team?

He took over a sinking ship. And my god was it sinking. He got things right.

I truly appreciate that. TRULY! We all do.

You all remember what a freaking joke this team was. Russ Brandon... Doug Whaley.. Good lord!!!!!

Sean McDermott is not a scrub! And we all owe him a thank you.

But you know what else he is?

He's not good enough! He's got one of the great QBs in the league and we aren't getting it done.

He's simply not good enough. That's all.

And don't feel bad for him. He made millions of dollars. He earned those dollars.

AGAIN, this team was a joke! A laughing stock. A punching bag. The league's jock strap.

Thanks in large part McDermott, the Bills are not a joke today.

He's good, maybe even really good.

But he's not good enough. PERIOD!

And we're not getting another Josh Allen in our lifetimes.

Tick tock, tick tock, tick tock......

Comment

• sukie
                          Seriously?
                          • Sep 2012

Defensive minded. Doesn’t matter the QB.

Comment

• notacon
                            • Aug 2012

So stupid for the lazy media to pick out this one indecent where he apologized to the team the same day.

The Dunne 20,000+ word article was chock full of much more damning information.

Comment

• Jimkelly12203
                              • Jun 2015

Originally posted by notacon View Post
                              So stupid for the lazy media to pick out this one indecent where he apologized to the team the same day.

The Dunne 20,000+ word article was chock full of much more damning information.
                              Yup! There's the shiny low hanging fruit (which everyone is focusing on) and then there's the actually meaningful stuff (which to a football team is way worse).

Its crazy... A week ago i would have said it was madness to suggest moving on from McDermott. But you know what? That article, plus the season after season gaffs...
                              And don't think for a second that someone didn't approve the release of that article. That thing was in the making for at least four years. Yet it comes out now? Hmm.... Come on, lets not be dumb.
                              This isn't a business for the weak. You either produce or you don't.

And we are wasting an asset that every NFL owner would give up billions to have.

Josh Allen!
                              We're not getting another shot at this.

Comment

Working...
                              X