PDA

View Full Version : Was Dorsey trash or is Joe Brady solid

BuffaloBlitz83
12-09-2023, 04:11 PM
Allen and the offense looks like they are more explosive and much happier. We heard all about the scapegoat but honestly the offense looks way better than with McDermott

sukie
12-09-2023, 04:24 PM
I think there is a direction. The game plan develops. I like how the area between the numbers is being attacked where Dorsey loved him some sidelines.

Mad Max
12-09-2023, 04:26 PM
Allen and the offense looks like they are more explosive and much happier. We heard all about the scapegoat but honestly the offense looks way better than with McDermott

The results with Brady have been very encouraging, can’t be coincidental that the offense did a 180 after Dorsey was replaced?

Still, it’s a small sample size but if the offense maintains this level of performance throughout the remainder of the season the answer to your question will be clear.

sukie
12-09-2023, 04:42 PM
The results with Brady have been very encouraging, can’t be coincidental that the offense did a 180 after Dorsey was replaced?

Still, it’s a small sample size but if the offense maintains this level of performance throughout the remainder of the season the answer to your question will be clear.

also this is Forsey’s playbook primarily. You cannot install a whole new offense on the fly.

Mad Max
12-09-2023, 04:58 PM
also this is Forsey’s playbook primarily. You cannot install a whole new offense on the fly.

Good point. Make Brady look even better.

sukie
12-09-2023, 05:21 PM
I think my Typo autocorrected name “Forsey” is perfect. “******” + Dorsey…. “Forsey”.

Chet
12-09-2023, 05:33 PM
We don’t have enough to judge Joe yet, but Dorsey sucked something awful

Mace
12-09-2023, 05:36 PM

I don't see that. Looks like Daboll's playbook to me, with different playcalls in different order through Daboll, Dorsey and Brady. Didn't see anything whatever that Dorsey installed an offense, it's the same offense with different playcalls. About the only thing I see is more motion, which I still think was built into Daboll and choked off.

sukie
12-09-2023, 06:16 PM
I don't see that. Looks like Daboll's playbook to me, with different playcalls in different order through Daboll, Dorsey and Brady. Didn't see anything whatever that Dorsey installed an offense, it's the same offense with different playcalls. About the only thing I see is more motion, which I still think was built into Daboll and choked off.

Daboll had a lot more multiple middle crosses where Josh could just go up the tree. A lot more exotic plays with gadgets.

And Daboll attacked.

Dorsey simplified the routes and reads . Like that DB said. “We knew what was coming. I just baited Josh to throw it” (paraphrasing)

Mace
12-09-2023, 06:49 PM
Daboll had a lot more multiple middle crosses where Josh could just go up the tree. A lot more exotic plays with gadgets.

And Daboll attacked.

Dorsey simplified the routes and reads . Like that DB said. “We knew what was coming. I just baited Josh to throw it” (paraphrasing)

Like I said, playcalls, and I never saw anything Dorsey installed an offense.

You know they didn't. No way McDermott would start over, he wanted a different playcaller and you know that too.

They're either going to win out, or they won't, I fully expect another McD game and there aren't more excuses after it, if it happens.

acehole
12-10-2023, 01:31 PM
He started out so good....Seemed to be in over his head after.

Good offensive mind......Bad strategist.

Became way to predictable..(Leading to sitting on routes leading to INT's) ...the teams mood/words after indicated the subtext was that they seemed relieved.

Although we lost to Philly he called a good game.

A new Offensive coordinator going against the best team in the NFL almost pulling the win off is commendable.

The one thing I really like is a commitment to the run. That will yield much ...this time of year.

Mad Max
12-10-2023, 02:13 PM
He started out so good....Seemed to be in over his head after.

Good offensive mind......Bad strategist.

Became way to predictable..(Leading to sitting on routes leading to INT's) ...the teams mood/words after indicated the subtext was that they seemed relieved.

Although we lost to Philly he called a good game.

A new Offensive coordinator going against the best team in the NFL almost pulling the win off is commendable.

The one thing I really like is a commitment to the run. That will yield much ...this time of year.
More than commendable since his play calling had the game won easily were it not for piss poor execution.

Novacane
12-10-2023, 03:36 PM
Way to early to tell.

Bill Cody
12-10-2023, 06:44 PM
Both
Dorsey is trash and Brady is solid

justasportsfan
12-10-2023, 06:47 PM
Our offense is still not good enough. It still sputters a lot.

Forward_Lateral
12-10-2023, 06:48 PM
The play calling today was not the best at times, particularly just before the 2 min warning. That was just stupid.

Novacane
12-10-2023, 06:48 PM
The play calling to end the game was TERRIBLE!!!!

sukie
12-10-2023, 07:06 PM
There was lack of an answer for the adjustment made by the Chiefs in the second half.

Woodman
12-10-2023, 07:45 PM
Brady I sure hope you learned something today.

Mace
12-10-2023, 07:48 PM
There was lack of an answer for the adjustment made by the Chiefs in the second half.

There was a lack of everything besides Allen trying to win a game.

Chet
12-10-2023, 08:12 PM
There was a lack of everything besides Allen trying to win a game.
/thread

notacon
12-11-2023, 01:06 PM
There is hardly any difference between Dorsey and Brady.

Dorsey was obviously and undeniably a scapegoat. That was bolstered by the devastating Dunne three part take down of McD and his (too often...but not nearly always) shunning of accountability onto others, especially deflecting HIS defenses' shortcomings and shifting blame onto the offense.

Dorsey did NOT suck something awful. Player execution was lacking much more than play calling.

Yesterday's game looked like so many games this year. The offense is clicking for a few drives, then starts stinking up the place after opposing defenses make adjustments, and the offense fails to counter.

Cook is running his ass off with 7.8 per carry average, but he only get TEN carries?!?!? He's only on the field for 45% of the non-kneel down offensive plays?!?!? That's on the OC. Why in the world would you keep one the most effective offensive weapons on the sidelines??? It's inexplicable.

The Bills go up 14 points and have KC on their heels, then Josh throws another boneheaded bad, bad, bad INT. At the wrong time that breathed life into KC, shifted the momentum and after that KC outscored the Bills 17-6.

On the Bills last drive of the game, instead of scoring a TD, they kept on trying to feed the ball to Diggs, who had a terrible game, dropping the ball and catching only 4 of ELEVEN targets (dismally terrible 36%) for only 24 yards...

Diggs is now #4 of five receivers (with 25+ catches) in catch to target ratio...

Cook - 38/44 - 86%
Kincaid - 61/72 - 85%
Shakir - 26/31 - 84%
Diggs - 87/132 - 66%
Davis - 39/69 - 57%

With the score tied, 17-17, on the the last offensive series of the games, here are the three downs before they were forced to kick a FG, the plays were.....

1st and 10 on KC 22....(shotgun) Allen pass to incomplete short left to Diggs

2nd and 10 on KC 22...(shotgun) Allen pass incomplete deep right to Diggs

3rd and 10 at KC 22....(shotgun) Allen pass short left to Kincaid for 1 yard.

Stellar play calling it's not.

Certainly the firing of Dorsey was absolutely scapegoating and done to shake up the team. It did to a certain extent, but it smacked more of the same McD's questionable methods that inspired the Dunne article.

The unintended (and welcome) consequence of that attack on McD's character, is that the team did not appreciate it, and (probably mostly accurate) perceive it is being unfair and not indicative of who McD is, and they fought their asses off to get him the win.

Any talk that "Dorsey (is) trash" and "Joe Brady (is) solid" (and McD is for ****) is grossly wrongheaded oversimplification of an extremely complex, complicated and multifaceted situation.

The Dunne hit piece may be just the catalyst the Bills can feed off of.

Historian
12-11-2023, 07:51 PM
Dorsey wasn't trash, he was inflexible.

We won a lot of games with him, but if things weren't working, he made no adjustments.

Chet
12-12-2023, 03:57 AM
Dorsey sucked, this team was so predictable on offense with him. Who knows what we’ll get with Brady but he has the rest of the year to showcase and so far he’s better.

The NFL is a business and if you have talent or expertise that outweighs any personal **** or baggage then teams will always be buying. Go see what Dorsey’s next job is…if he’s even a positional coach in this league then good for him, cause he sure as **** won’t be a HC or OC at this level again for several years