PDA

View Full Version : Dump the 12 personel.

Novacane
12-10-2023, 06:56 PM
Bradys first two games the offense looks great. Knox comes back and we run a lot of 12. The offense struggles. Coincidence?

sukie
12-10-2023, 07:05 PM
Bradys first two games the offense looks great. Knox comes back and we run a lot of 12. The offense struggles. Coincidence?
12 should open up Cook over the middle… the online was getting schooled.

kingJofNYC
12-10-2023, 07:06 PM
I don’t know if that’s it, but I’m ready to dump the entire o. I mean we’ve all seen the run where we motion a wr between the tackle and the tight end and we run, and every team knows it’s a run, and we have no play action pass off it, no wr or te leak where you fake a linebacker or safety block and releasing into a pattern and get open ( something shanny does with his wrs and te), so it gets blown up because it’s a huge tell. Dorsey ran it, and Brady runs it, not a single change.

Diggs came up short today, Josh didn’t see Davis when we finally hit that bubble wheel go route combo, similar to what the eagles ran for a td against us. And late in that game we just went so pass heavy that the Chiefs just pinned back and rush the hell out of us.

We simply don’t execute enough plays within the play call, it’s a lot improvisation and this goes back to last year, which is why everyone feels Josh has to do too much. We looked fine early in the first half, but then it was just bad. I feel like we really don’t attack man coverage like we once did and it’s really allowing teams to clamp, but it’s best to look at the numbers and see how often we actually get man coverages, Josh may constrain teams from running to much man.

That’s a tough D, but we were kicking their teeth in with the run, then went to some absolutely stupid run call with heavy boxes and tells against us and never countered. Like how the hell couldn’t we hit a TE on a pa pass considering how well we were running with cook in that second half.

sukie
12-10-2023, 07:09 PM
12 personnel was awesome weeks 2–4. The lack of response by Brady to the D adjustment at the break… that has to,be addressed.

jamze132
12-10-2023, 09:27 PM
Jones is a rare talent on a D line. Sure our O line could have played better but it’s not like the Chiefs have a ****ty defense. They’re very good!

Woodman
12-10-2023, 09:38 PM
Jones is a rare talent on a D line. Sure our O line could have played better but it’s not like the Chiefs have a ****ty defense. They’re very good!

It's their D that holds them together ..... not the offense.

Mad Max
12-10-2023, 10:03 PM

He sure is. Chiefs are no chumps on D.

Too bad our Jones was on the shelf, his presence would have made this win more definitive. Hope he’s back soon.

YardRat
12-11-2023, 05:41 AM
12 personnel was the base on Cook's TD.

Forward_Lateral
12-11-2023, 06:22 AM
I don't know what happened, they came out in the 2nd half and ran the ball very well, then Knox got a holding penalty and it kind of killed that drive. They didn't seem to really try to run much after that drive. I don't know why. It didn't make a whole lot of sense to me, but they won, and hopefully learned something from it.

DetoxTent
12-11-2023, 06:27 AM
I don’t know if that’s it, but I’m ready to dump the entire o. I mean we’ve all seen the run where we motion a wr between the tackle and the tight end and we run, and every team knows it’s a run, and we have no play action pass off it, no wr or te leak where you fake a linebacker or safety block and releasing into a pattern and get open ( something shanny does with his wrs and te), so it gets blown up because it’s a huge tell. Dorsey ran it, and Brady runs it, not a single change.

Diggs came up short today, Josh didn’t see Davis when we finally hit that bubble wheel go route combo, similar to what the eagles ran for a td against us. And late in that game we just went so pass heavy that the Chiefs just pinned back and rush the hell out of us.

We simply don’t execute enough plays within the play call, it’s a lot improvisation and this goes back to last year, which is why everyone feels Josh has to do too much. We looked fine early in the first half, but then it was just bad. I feel like we really don’t attack man coverage like we once did and it’s really allowing teams to clamp, but it’s best to look at the numbers and see how often we actually get man coverages, Josh may constrain teams from running to much man.

That’s a tough D, but we were kicking their teeth in with the run, then went to some absolutely stupid run call with heavy boxes and tells against us and never countered. Like how the hell couldn’t we hit a TE on a pa pass considering how well we were running with cook in that second half.

This is a big part of it. The Bills, and specifically Allen, has had a lot of success with improvising so it became ok. When Dorsey and Brady were on the scene they aren't good play callers after the team had made a conscious decision to reign in Allen's improvising. Brady is better than Dorsey, but needs a time for his learning curve. Dallas game will tell us a lot.

Speaking of Dallas, a lot of Dak Prescott's resurgence can be contributed to the backside protection he gets from that left tackle. I'm jealous.

ParanoidAndroid
12-11-2023, 10:21 AM
He sure is. Chiefs are no chumps on D.

Too bad our Jones was on the shelf, his presence would have made this win more definitive. Hope he’s back soon.
Has there been news about his possible return?

It would need to be soon if we want him to be near 100% in case we make the playoffs.

Mad Max
12-11-2023, 10:29 AM

It would need to be soon if we want him to be near 100% in case we make the playoffs.

I haven’t seen any. Hopefully within the next two weeks.

kingJofNYC
12-11-2023, 12:16 PM

He was on the sideline yesterday. Honestly, I have a lot of respect for him, he's been on the sideline a bunch of times. Seems like a good teammate.

mightysimi
12-11-2023, 12:36 PM
12 personnel was the base on Cook's TD.
Maybe 22? I remember laughing when I saw Gilliam running the orbit motion.

YardRat
12-11-2023, 03:44 PM
Maybe 22? I remember laughing when I saw Gilliam running the orbit motion.

That was Sherfield on the TD.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/808eEKS0Rac