• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BuffaloBlitz83
    We play to win the game!
    • Oct 2009

Anyone else think not trying 62 yarder was dumb

I see dallas just hit a 60 Yarder. Last week Philly hit 59 yarder in wind.

Better chance at a fg than a hail mary plus it could have been an int and messed with Allen's head. Don't get it.
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: Anyone else think not trying 62 yarder was dumb

I think most of that sequence was mind-boggling but a Hail Mary vs a FG is a coin flip at that point.

A 60 yarder on turf in a dome is much easier than a 62 yarder outdoors on grass. And the Cowboys kicker is on an insane hit streak whereas Bass has struggled a bit.

On a coin flip, I’ll take the potential 6 point play over the potential 3 point play
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Chet
      Allenhu Joshbar
      • Feb 2017

Bass sucks at anything over 45 yards. I’m indifferent to this call because he’s been a disappointment

Comment

• Cntrygal
        Visually stunning but camera-shy.
        • Jul 2002

Bass has not been "Bassomatic" this season - I don't think it was a dumb decision in this case.
        Originally posted by notacon
        The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Comment

• BuffaloBlitz83
          We play to win the game!
          • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Cntrygal View Post
          Bass has not been "Bassomatic" this season - I don't think it was a dumb decision in this case.
          I was worried about int 2 messing with him

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
            • Mar 2004

The Bills got screwed in that whole situation. They lost 14 seconds off of the clock because of the stupid review. Another case of incompetence by the officials

Comment

• acehole
              • Jan 2006

Originally posted by BuffaloBlitz83 View Post

Better chance at a fg than a hail mary plus it could have been an int and messed with Allen's head. Don't get it.
              you have to try...Dumb? I will give a pass on that
              Hated by the stupid..
              Loved by their moms.

Comment

• jamze132
                Don’t hate…
                • Jun 2003

I think we should have tried it. If he makes it, maybe it gives him the confidence the rest of the season. Besides, after missing two against the Eagles, I’m sure he’d live some redemption.

Comment

• Novacane
                  • Jul 2002

It wasn't dumb if he wasn't hitting that yardage in pre game. What was dumb was not getting closer.

Comment

• Mad Max
                    Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
                    • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Novacane View Post
                    It wasn't dumb if he wasn't hitting that yardage in pre game. What was dumb was not getting closer.
                    What will be dumb is if we don’t look for Bass’ replacement this off-season. Kickers never get respect yet they are so crucial in wins and losses.

Bass is at 80%…way down the list of percentage made and his length is trash. Inexcusable in this era of so many automatic from range kickers.

Aubrey was a USFL kicker for example and he’s an absolute unit. Go find one. Draft one if you have to.

Comment

• Buffalogic
                      Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
                      • Feb 2006

The deep ball to Gabe was the one that took the field goal away. Josh had a huge lane to easily pick up 10-20 yards for a makeable field goal. Then the next play he decides to run for 3 yards. Dumb sequence.

Comment

• Gibby 2.0
                        Did you ever hear about the healing power of laughter?
                        • Oct 2019

Originally posted by BuffaloBlitz83 View Post

No, but I hated everything leading up to that starting with the qb keeper.
                        Insert whimsical line here

Comment

• YardRat
                          Well, lookie here...
                          • Dec 2004

The way Bass has been kicking I wouldn't have tried it either. I thought we had a guy we could take a chance like that with, but apparently we don't.
                          YardRat Wall of Fame
                          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Mad Max
                            Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
                            • Mar 2003

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                            The way Bass has been kicking I wouldn't have tried it either. I thought we had a guy we could take a chance like that with, but apparently we don't.
                            Kickoffs trash. Extra points often a nail biter. FGs after 40 yards, close at least one eye.

There’s a baseball term that suits him perfectly. Replacement level player.

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
                              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Buffalogic View Post
                              The deep ball to Gabe was the one that took the field goal away. Josh had a huge lane to easily pick up 10-20 yards for a makeable field goal. Then the next play he decides to run for 3 yards. Dumb sequence.
                              This is where Josh has to grow to savvy dudes like Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Aaron Rodgers. Is it worth the gamble? Seems like Allen and Mahomes type would think nothing but going for the ****, but Burrows probably would not.

By the way I feel all game, Allen had been looking for that killer shot, play-action, holding onto the ball unnecessarily long. The play call from Brady and some cautious recognition on Allen himself prevented him from taking more of those type of shots (which Romo noted). But believe me, you can tell how badly he wanted. I guess he refrained from taking more of those shots yesterday is a progress in his game.

Oh by the way, I think Mahomes on the other side wanted that too on many occasions, resulting sacks.

Back on Bass. There are several reports yesterday that pre-game, Bass was something like less than 25% beyond 45 yards. I'm sure that got into McDermott's decisions.

Comment

Working...
                              X