View Full Version : Looks like players actually like McDermott. I was wrong

BuffaloBlitz83
12-10-2023, 08:14 PM
📸 Watch this video on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/share/v/nL6pSjRVpfPr6ta6/?mibextid=jmPrMh

Sounds like Diggs screaming we got your back! He smiled

jamze132
12-10-2023, 09:24 PM
Awe, I know there’s some butthurt posters here who won’t want to hear this.

Novacane
12-11-2023, 06:58 AM
Circle the wagons.

Buffalogic
12-11-2023, 07:02 AM
McDermott is a whipping boy for a lot of the fanbase but it is undeserved. I think this week proved that.

Novacane
12-11-2023, 07:10 AM
If it makes them play with an us against the world attitude, that's a good thing.

acehole
12-11-2023, 09:28 AM
 Watch this video on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/share/v/nL6pSjRVpfPr6ta6/?mibextid=jmPrMh

Sounds like Diggs screaming we got your back! He smiled

One thing is for sure...They played for him.,,on Sunday

FanBack
12-11-2023, 09:42 AM
Tyler Dunne has a Podcast called 'Go Long'. His two favorite guests? Jim Monos and Doug Whaley. I used to watch it; friendly enough guys and good scouts. But there is a reason we started winning with Beane/McDermott. You can see the episodes on YouTube.

Now, considering the two guests, could there be an ax to grind with McDermott?

Goobylal
12-11-2023, 09:48 AM
I like McD. He turned around a losing franchise in his first year as HC despite everyone thinking he/the Bills were tanking. And he's a good coach. I just don't think he's a championship winning coach.

justasportsfan
12-11-2023, 09:58 AM
Players dont want to go to a team or take discounts to play for a team if they dont like their coach. its obvious they like him. He may not make the right calls but he is a team player.

ParanoidAndroid
12-11-2023, 10:01 AM
His aggressiveness on KC's last drive was exactly what this team needed to see.

Floyd came through on that 4th down to force the throw.

Diggs was a cheerleader all game and kept plugging even as KC took him out.

McDermott looked like he was near tears after the 4th down stop.

FanBack
12-11-2023, 10:22 AM
I like McD. He turned around a losing franchise in his first year as HC despite everyone thinking he/the Bills were tanking. And he's a good coach. I just don't think he's a championship winning coach.
And that's fair and I may be getting to that point.

Some fans discount everything he did and everything he does so right off of the field. His 'power play' to get rid of Whaley (and Brandon) was the key into turning this franchise around. When they left, a lot of disfunction left.

I think he gets one more year barring a total collapse. Otherwise, any A-list serious coaching candidate will not come here.

McDermott and Beane got Josh Allen; that is the only thing that allows the 32nd-valued NFL franchise to even sniff experienced A-listers. McDermott was absolutely the best candidate that the 2017 Bills had a chance to get. And we only got him because 1) The Carolina defense had an off year without a good #1 Cornerback, 2) He was ready to become a head coach and sick of being a defensive coordinator.

Goobylal
12-11-2023, 01:21 PM
And that's fair and I may be getting to that point.

Some fans discount everything he did and everything he does so right off of the field. His 'power play' to get rid of Whaley (and Brandon) was the key into turning this franchise around. When they left, a lot of disfunction left.

I think he gets one more year barring a total collapse. Otherwise, any A-list serious coaching candidate will not come here.

McDermott and Beane got Josh Allen; that is the only thing that allows the 32nd-valued NFL franchise to even sniff experienced A-listers. McDermott was absolutely the best candidate that the 2017 Bills had a chance to get. And we only got him because 1) The Carolina defense had an off year without a good #1 Cornerback, 2) He was ready to become a head coach and sick of being a defensive coordinator.

I think that if they miss the playoffs this year, considering how the defense folded in several games that should have been wins, McD should be replaced. It's been 7 years and 6 with Josh.

notacon
12-11-2023, 01:52 PM
It's obvious that what goes on in the locker room is in a different world than within some "fans".

Especially on social media (like here) where some self-proclaimed know-it-all's have a insufferable penchant for knee-jerk (and too many times really dumb) reactions and denigrate and **** on players and coaches with reckless abandon.

For the record, I take great pains in avoiding that negativity gutter and get pilloried because I usually try to keep a positive attitude with realistic observations backed up by facts and evidence, and opinions of NFL professionals that DO know what they are talking about. And for that positive attitude I am attacked, unfairly and with way too much misrepresenting what I actually write.

McD may have lost (most) fans, but it's undeniably true that he has NOT lost the locker room of the Bills in ANY way, shape or form.

Forward_Lateral
12-11-2023, 02:08 PM
I don't really care if they like him or not, but it appears that they definitely respect him, which means more than anything.

Maybe that hit piece that came out galvanized the locker room and will be the spark that ignited a superbow run? Who knows. Anything can happen

Chet
12-12-2023, 07:53 AM
In the immortal words of Winston Wolf, "Let's not start sucking each other's d*cks quite yet."

The Chiefs shot themselves in the foot on the winning play, it was nothing McDermott did to stop that play. Even if it hadn't gone for a touchdown...Travis Kelce (the only NFL-quality weapon Mahomes has) was inexplicably open for an easy pitch and catch at the end of the game. I'm not diminishing the win in anyway. It was rightly earned and like so many on here have alluded to it's high time we had a call/non-call go our way. With that said, I don't think McDermott gets a pass because of a stupid Chiefs receiver.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let me take you for a trip down memory lane...

Once upon a time there was a coach. Very different from McDermott in disposition, but took over a similar situation when he became a HC. This man took the reins of a franchise that was a national punchline, and started his tenure with an unpolished rookie QB whose name would later be forever tied to one play.

Coach went through a rocky rookie season but much like McD he had help backing into the playoffs. Once there, they caught fire and an identity was born: Brash, physical team full of dogs who backed down from nobody and played their best when the lights were brightest. This team LOVED their coach like no other. They won their WC game against a weak divisional winner then went on the road and shocked a 13-3 team with ground and pound football, hard-nosed defense, and timely plays. The following week, as massive underdogs--to what could've been a 17-0 Colts team had they not sat their players the final 2 weeks of the season--they went up by 11 points on Peyton Manning and even managed to lead at the half before the carriage turned back into a pumpkin. By any metric, the season was an incomparable success and hope sprang eternal. After all, they were only 30 minutes from the SuperBowl

The following year they were media darlings--with a little help from shameless self-promotion, but they asked for the target on their back. Most, if not all, thought they would fall flat on their face. Instead they doubled down and went on another improbable run where they won nearly every close game in fascinating ways. Still marred by crappy at worst and inconsistent at best QB play, they were never really a threat to win a division where a 1st ballot HOF QB was in his prime, especially when said player and team just destroyed their own in a late-season primetime matchup. How did they respond in the postseason? By going on the road in back-to-back weeks defeating Peyton Manning and Tom Brady--absolutely dominating the latter and his 14-2 team (score was not indicative of the beating). This coach not only rallied the troops for a last-second win at Indy, he also managed to somehow wipe his players' memories clean of the 40-pt thrashing they received at the hands of the Evil Empire just 1-2 months earlier.

In the AFCCG the script was flipped from the previous year and they fell into a 24-0 hole at the half against yet ANOTHER HOF QB. But wouldn't you know it, coach had this struggling team and in-over-his-head QB believing they could pull off the impossible, and they nearly did. They pitched a second half shut out and the offense couldn't be stopped. The game came down to a 3rd or 4th and 6 for Pittsburgh and Big Ben found the open man for just enough yardage to get the 1st and run out the clock. Most people (myself included) think that if the D holds there the offense goes down for the winning score and they go to the SB. Still, for a defensive-minded HC, it was a bitter pill to swallow coming up short in that fashion again.

In year 3, the team was again plagued by inconsistent QB play and were buoyed by their defense. They plodded through another tough regular season, but this time those close wins were now close losses. The team was losing focus and the coach's message and theatrics weren't taking hold anymore. They looked as if they would make the playoffs again, sitting at 8-5, before they were Tebow'd and lost another heartbreaker to Miami to close the year 8-8. Still, the players loved him and after all, fans said maybe it was just bad luck and/or injuries that caused a down year. The QB started taking the heat, as he rightfully should have.

In year 4, the wheels completely came off, culminating in the most ignominious single play in NFL history. The QB was the natural scapegoat, as the offense was abysmal. The defense no longer had the teeth nor the grit they previously had and the team looked listless. Still, players lobbied to the owner how much they loved their coach.

Year 5 comes along and his QB and scapegoat goes down in the preseason. In comes their newest rookie QB and the team--despite very low expectations--ekes out an 8-8 record, eliminating their divisional rival in Week 17. All year the coach was on the hot seat but the players stood by their guy because they loved him. In the locker room after that game the owner came down and announced to coach and all his players that he would be coming back next year. The place erupted in joy like it was Madison Square Garden after Larry Johnson's 4-pt play. I challenge any of you to find a video that shows more love to a coach from his players than that one. And this was coming off 3 consecutive non-playoff seasons.

Year 6...enough was finally enough. The owner listened to his instincts, but 2-3 years too late.

I'm sure it didn't take any of you more than a few sentences (if you stuck it out to the end, lol) to figure out who the coach in this story is. Unlike ours though, he was never given the most prized possession in the NFL: an elite franchise QB. I'm not saying this coach is better than our current one, even though he accomplished more with less. I would still rather have ours if you put a gun to my head. With that said, the moral of the story is know when you've plateaud or regressed, and don't let feelings or sentimentality get in the way of your ultimate goal.

Deep down we'll all love McD on some level for ending the drought, but unless he gets this team to the SB this year against a middling AFC rife with mediocrity, then it's time for a change.

It's not personal, just business.

Historian
12-12-2023, 09:43 AM
I haven't the faintest idea who you're talking about, Chet.

cookie G
12-12-2023, 10:12 AM

Rex Ryan..Im pretty sure.

Pfft. Im sure he was one who was thrilled with the Ryan hire, he was the badass who would get us over the top and into the playoffs.

Chet
12-12-2023, 11:05 AM
Rex Ryan..Im pretty sure.

Pfft. Im sure he was one who was thrilled with the Ryan hire, he was the badass who would get us over the top and into the playoffs.
Wrong. The last time I was remotely keen on one of our HC hires was Gregg Williams, but that soured after the Chiefs game in 2003.

Historian
12-12-2023, 12:42 PM
Well?????

We're Waiting!!!

-Judge Smails, Caddyshack

Woodman
12-12-2023, 12:46 PM
I want to be good.

Chet
12-12-2023, 12:47 PM
Well?????

We're Waiting!!!

-Judge Smails, Caddyshack
I thought you were being sarcastic!

cookie got it...Rex.

Players loved him, but he just kept getting worse and worse. Yet another guy who is nails as a coordinator but nothing special as a HC. If you're a special HC and you have a Top 5 QB, your floor should be the championship game every year.

notacon
12-12-2023, 01:08 PM

Chet likes to smear people that he does not know (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/264493-Alleged-victim-in-Von-Miller-case-now-claims-there-was-no-assault?p=5065913&viewfull=1#post5065913), just for spite against football coaches.

When he gets called out for his inanity, he doubles down even below the gutter (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/264493-Alleged-victim-in-Von-Miller-case-now-claims-there-was-no-assault?p=5065914&viewfull=1#post5065914).

Anything and everything Chet says about the Bills coaches can and should be ignored.

notacon
12-12-2023, 01:12 PM
I don't really care if they like him or not, but it appears that they definitely respect him, which means more than anything.

Maybe that hit piece that came out galvanized the locker room and will be the spark that ignited a superbow run? Who knows. Anything can happen

Interesting that John Breech of CBS Sports had this to say (https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-week-15-picks-bills-stun-cowboys-to-stay-in-afc-playoff-race-steelers-and-lions-both-lose-saturday-games/) in his weekly picks column (spoiler...he picks the Bills over Dallas)....

I feel like this is going to be a close game and as odd as it may sound, Sean McDermott's bizarre 9/11 comments might end up being the difference here. Ever since those comments from 2019 became public last week, it really feels like the team has rallied around him.

<samp class="EmbedCode-container"><code class="EmbedCode-code"><iframe id="twitter-widget-0" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen="true" class="" style="position: static; visibility: visible; width: 550px; height: 648px; display: block; flex-grow: 1;" title="X Post" src="https://platform.twitter.com/embed/Tweet.html?dnt=false&embedId=twitter-widget-0&features=eyJ0ZndfdGltZWxpbmVfbGlzdCI6eyJidWNrZXQiOltdLCJ2ZXJzaW9uIjpudWxsfSwidGZ3X2ZvbGxvd2VyX2NvdW50X3N1bnNldCI6eyJidWNrZXQiOnRydWUsInZlcnNpb24iOm51bGx9LCJ0ZndfdHdlZXRfZWRpdF9iYWNrZW5kIjp7ImJ1Y2tldCI6Im9uIiwidmVyc2lvbiI6bnVsbH0sInRmd19yZWZzcmNfc2Vzc2lvbiI6eyJidWNrZXQiOiJvbiIsInZlcnNpb24iOm51bGx9LCJ0ZndfZm9zbnJfc29mdF9pbnRlcnZlbnRpb25zX2VuYWJsZWQiOnsiYnVja2V0Ijoib24iLCJ2ZXJzaW9uIjpudWxsfSwidGZ3X21peGVkX21lZGlhXzE1ODk3Ijp7ImJ1Y2tldCI6InRyZWF0bWVudCIsInZlcnNpb24iOm51bGx9LCJ0ZndfZXhwZXJpbWVudHNfY29 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 ydWUsInZlcnNpb24iOm51bGx9LCJ0ZndfdHdlZXRfZWRpdF9mcm9udGVuZCI6eyJidWNrZXQiOiJvbiIsInZlcnNpb24iOm51bGx9fQ%3D%3D&frame=false&hideCard=false&hideThread=false&id=1734023822091661642&lang=en&origin=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.billszone.com%2Ffanzone%2Fnewreply.php%3Fdo%3Dpostreply%26t%3D264529&sessionId=a6b4f17b520ac78e0a1b147bbb88b98bab7f40b4&theme=light&widgetsVersion=2615f7e52b7e0%3A1702314776716&width=550px" data-tweet-id="1734023822091661642"></iframe>
<script async="" src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script> </code></samp>

I'm starting to think McDermott leaked the entire story himself just to fire up his team. The Bills have their backs against the wall and they can't afford anymore losses if they want to stay in the AFC playoff race, which means I expect them to play desperate. Not to mention, I won't be surprised if the Cowboys have a small letdown after pulling off their biggest win of the season in Week 14 over the Eagles (https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/teams/PHI/philadelphia-eagles/). <iframe scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets/widget_iframe.2f70fb173b9000da126c79afe2098f02.html?origin=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.billszone.com" title="Twitter settings iframe" style="display: none;"></iframe><iframe id="rufous-sandbox" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen="true" style="position: absolute; visibility: hidden; display: none; width: 0px; height: 0px; padding: 0px; border: medium;" title="Twitter analytics iframe"></iframe>

Chet
12-12-2023, 02:15 PM
Chet likes to smear people that he does not know (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/264493-Alleged-victim-in-Von-Miller-case-now-claims-there-was-no-assault?p=5065913&viewfull=1#post5065913), just for spite against football coaches.

When he gets called out for his inanity, he doubles down even below the gutter (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/264493-Alleged-victim-in-Von-Miller-case-now-claims-there-was-no-assault?p=5065914&viewfull=1#post5065914).

Anything and everything Chet says about the Bills coaches can and should be ignored.
What are Dorsey and Frazier's next jobs? Will they be higher positions? Perhaps even lateral moves? Tell us since you think they were both good (great in Frazier's case). Don't be a gash and hide, stand by your take and tell us what role these two invaluable coordinators will have with their next employer.

notacon
12-12-2023, 03:03 PM
What are Dorsey and Frazier's next jobs? Will they be higher positions? Perhaps even lateral moves? Tell us since you think they were both good (great in Frazier's case). Don't be a gash and hide, stand by your take and tell us what role these two invaluable coordinators will have with their next employer.

“Never wrestle with a pig because you'll both get dirty and the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw

Chet
12-12-2023, 03:05 PM
“Never wrestle with a pig because you'll both get dirty and the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw

...So I'm going to follow you into every thread, then run away like a p*ssy when forced to own my stupid takes

Bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it pays off

Mace
12-12-2023, 04:43 PM

This was an awesome quote, imho.

Mace
12-12-2023, 05:01 PM
One time, me and my buddy are in a bowling alley with our ladies, who are bowling in a league. He starts needless trouble with some dudes, we agree to go outside. As I'm going out the door behind them he says, "I got your back." We walk into the parking lot, I turn to nod at him, he's not there.

I walked out into the parking lot in the spirit of teamwork, I returned inside in the spirit of self interest.

He had just gotten his fries and was worried they'd get cold.

Self interest is a powerful motivation, while pursuing it you can give lip service to other concepts. Bills are a vet team that doesn't want their fries to get cold. I'll believe they're playing for McDermott if they win out with purpose and urgency.

YardRat
12-12-2023, 07:26 PM
Rumored Dorsey was on a plane to NYC yesterday, no word if it was football related or not.

jamze132
12-12-2023, 10:54 PM
Rumored Dorsey was on a plane to NYC yesterday, no word if it was football related or not.

Just watching the Rockettes.

Historian
12-13-2023, 05:26 AM
I thought you were being sarcastic!

cookie got it...Rex.

Players loved him, but he just kept getting worse and worse. Yet another guy who is nails as a coordinator but nothing special as a HC. If you're a special HC and you have a Top 5 QB, your floor should be the championship game every year.

On the surface, it's a fair analogy, but with one small detail, which you mentioned:

Totally different personalities.

Ryan was a shameless blowhard, much like his father.

Now you can talk the talk, but can you ....etc, etc.

McDermott is the polar opposite. He is a devout Christian who preaches patience, tolerance, and humility. (His children went to a Catholic school one of out team Moms works at)

I think of most pro athletes as overgrown kids these days. They may not be terribly wise to the ways of the world, but they are sophisticated.

Ryan's rah-rah act wears very thin when things aren't going his way. It's not that it's annoying, (well HE was) it's that it lacks substance.

I think McDermott's message resonates with today's modern athletes.

In fact, I think it's good advice for any of us, in all of our work and personal endeavors: Stay humble, but stay hungry.

Translation: Stay on an even keel, and just do your best.

That advice has legs, or substance if you will.

If you get a chance, read a transcript of Mitch Morse's post game presser. It's all you need to understand the way the players feel about him.

That's why I would not part with him just yet. He, like Marv, seems to be able to massage those personalities into a winning formula. To get everyone pulling in the same direction.

If he does manage to miraculously make the playoffs, I think he's a serious candidate for Coach of the Year.

To be able to get Josh over his mid-season yips, and make the playoffs with half his starting defense on IR would be a minor miracle.

And FYI, I rarely if ever, snark in this forum, because it means so much to me.

And I truly appreciate everyone's opinions....including yours.

:up:

Chet
12-13-2023, 06:18 AM
I appreciate your post, bud.

At the end of the day, whether you’re a blind homer or a jaded pessimist we all want the Bills to win

I still respectfully disagree on McDermott, and maybe a more fitting analogy in the vein of your post would be Dungy’s Bucs. Devout Christian, excellent man and role model, good leader, etc. Those Tampa guys still credit Dungy over Gruden with both the team success and their individual development. But with as nice a guy as he was, TB was woefully underachieving after the ‘99 NFCCG despite having a historic defense. Gruden wasn’t loved by that team but he was just what they needed at the right time. They went from playoff chokers to their best regular season finish and curbstomped all 3 of their playoff opponents.

Making the playoffs this year does not translate to COY material to me. I need to see this team at least make the SB for me to flip the script on McD. Our defensive injuries pale in comparison to what the Bengals (and possibly Jaguars) will have to overcome. Furthermore, the Chiefs have only one guy who can catch and the Dolphins/Ravens are fugazis.

This was/is IT, brother. You’re not going to get a better shot at a SB than with this lukewarm field of contenders. For all the defensive injuries, I can only blame the Eagles loss on them. The rest is offensive/defensive coaching aside from Josh’s Week 1 bomb.

He preached humble and hungry but this team had arrogant losses against Jets, Jaguars, Patriots and Broncos. They thought just by showing up the opponent would lay down. In Week 1 they thought it was a gimme when Rodgers went down. In London they didn’t get off the plane till the 3rd quarter—still feeling themselves after the Miami game. They thought NE was tanking and again didn’t start plying till there was 10 minutes left in the game. Against Denver it was another manifest destiny mentality loss. Both sides of the ball looked bad in these losses, so I gotta put that on coaching.

This team is too talented to be losing these games. Did we learn nothing from 2021 when the rest of the conference struggled and we let them off the hook with unconscionably stupid losses to Pitt, Jax and NE. The other 3 losses that year, 2 were just great contests where the ball didn’t bounce our way and the other was a burn the tape game.

That was our year, win one of those stupid losses and KC has to come to Buffalo. So this year, the field struggles and what do we do? Play down to the competition.

It kills me man

Historian
12-13-2023, 07:22 AM
The Dungy comparison is probably more valid, and believe it or not, the one I think of in regards to evaluating McD.

Thing is, Dungy did win one....eventually.

And with his second team, which had a 1st ballot HOFer at QB.

I guess that's why I kinda rationalize keeping him,....in my own mind.

notacon
12-13-2023, 02:09 PM
I appreciate your post, bud.

At the end of the day, whether you’re a blind homer or a jaded pessimist we all want the Bills to win

I still respectfully disagree on McDermott, and maybe a more fitting analogy in the vein of your post would be Dungy’s Bucs. Devout Christian, excellent man and role model, good leader, etc. Those Tampa guys still credit Dungy over Gruden with both the team success and their individual development. But with as nice a guy as he was, TB was woefully underachieving after the ‘99 NFCCG despite having a historic defense. Gruden wasn’t loved by that team but he was just what they needed at the right time. They went from playoff chokers to their best regular season finish and curbstomped all 3 of their playoff opponents.

Making the playoffs this year does not translate to COY material to me. I need to see this team at least make the SB for me to flip the script on McD. Our defensive injuries pale in comparison to what the Bengals (and possibly Jaguars) will have to overcome. Furthermore, the Chiefs have only one guy who can catch and the Dolphins/Ravens are fugazis.

This was/is IT, brother. You’re not going to get a better shot at a SB than with this lukewarm field of contenders. For all the defensive injuries, I can only blame the Eagles loss on them. The rest is offensive/defensive coaching aside from Josh’s Week 1 bomb.

He preached humble and hungry but this team had arrogant losses against Jets, Jaguars, Patriots and Broncos. They thought just by showing up the opponent would lay down. In Week 1 they thought it was a gimme when Rodgers went down. In London they didn’t get off the plane till the 3rd quarter—still feeling themselves after the Miami game. They thought NE was tanking and again didn’t start plying till there was 10 minutes left in the game. Against Denver it was another manifest destiny mentality loss. Both sides of the ball looked bad in these losses, so I gotta put that on coaching.

This team is too talented to be losing these games. Did we learn nothing from 2021 when the rest of the conference struggled and we let them off the hook with unconscionably stupid losses to Pitt, Jax and NE. The other 3 losses that year, 2 were just great contests where the ball didn’t bounce our way and the other was a burn the tape game.

That was our year, win one of those stupid losses and KC has to come to Buffalo. So this year, the field struggles and what do we do? Play down to the competition.

It kills me man

Except you don't. YOU were the one who said after the Jax loss in only freakin' week 5 "I’m rooting for them to lose from here on out (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/263978-Proud-of-this-team-so-far?p=5048014&viewfull=1#post5048014)..."

Chet
12-13-2023, 11:13 PM
Except you don't. YOU were the one who said after the Jax loss in only freakin' week 5 "I’m rooting for them to lose from here on out (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/263978-Proud-of-this-team-so-far?p=5048014&viewfull=1#post5048014)..."
Grow up already. If anything, that post in Week 5 vindicated me with how bad the team has looked since then. I’m sick of participation trophies and that’s all we’re getting with McDermott. I mean, even when I posted that never in my wildest imagination did I think we would go on to lose to the Patriots and Broncos the way we did.

I’m rooting for a change that could course-correct a team which is obviously on the decline. What we have right now isn’t working. You are what your record says you are, and this preseason SB contender is sitting at 11th in the AFC with 4 games left…and up until 2 weeks ago it was against a fairly easy schedule with no significant injuries to our offense.

Is this acceptable to you?

notacon
12-14-2023, 01:30 PM
Grow up already. If anything, that post in Week 5 vindicated me with how bad the team has looked since then. I’m sick of participation trophies and that’s all we’re getting with McDermott. I mean, even when I posted that never in my wildest imagination did I think we would go on to lose to the Patriots and Broncos the way we did.

I’m rooting for a change that could course-correct a team which is obviously on the decline. What we have right now isn’t working. You are what your record says you are, and this preseason SB contender is sitting at 11th in the AFC with 4 games left…and up until 2 weeks ago it was against a fairly easy schedule with no significant injuries to our offense.

Is this acceptable to you?

I don't care when you said such a stupid thing. It shows a mindset that is anathema to any Bills fan. Period.

You could of, at any time (even now), say that it was a dumb thing to say and your apologize. But, instead, you double down on the crap.

Chet
12-14-2023, 01:39 PM
I don't care when you said such a stupid thing. It shows a mindset that is anathema to any Bills fan. Period.

You could of, at any time (even now), say that it was a dumb thing to say and your apologize. But, instead, you double down on the crap.
No, that is your vastly inferior opinion. It shows you are simple-minded and don't want this team to succeed. You're just like McDermott...you think all your problems can be clapped away:rofl:

Chet
12-14-2023, 01:43 PM
Oh, and anytime now you can go ahead and predict Dorsey and Frazier's next gigs. You said they're good-to-great coaches and were made to be scapegoats. Let's see if NFL minds agree with you on their competency. Talent is always recognized and given an opportunity.

notacon
12-14-2023, 02:40 PM
Oh, and anytime now you can go ahead and predict Dorsey and Frazier's next gigs. You said they're good-to-great coaches and were made to be scapegoats. Let's see if NFL minds agree with you on their competency. Talent is always recognized and given an opportunity.

I don't give a flying **** what their next gig are. BTW...Frazier is a NFL analyst.

I did not say they were "good-to-great coaches". (althoguh I do belive that Frazier was a very good DC for the Bills) Why do you continually misrepresent what I do write???? Find the quotes that prove your point. This is an example of what I said about Leslie Frazier (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/263160-Bills-Mafia-prepared-for-life-after-Tremaine-Edmunds?p=5023109&viewfull=1#post5023109).

What I DID say is that Frazier was and still is deeply respected in the NFL among NFL professionals, and Dorsey was, in fact, scapegoated as now looks like a regular occurrence with McD.